Searching this page will only find
what you can see on the page.
To search inside all obituaries,
first they must all be visiable.
This can be easily done by
clicking on the small gray square
just below the ABC in the upper
right corner of the page.
NEKG of Vermont does not own copyright to the information on this page.
Each obituary on this page belongs to the originator.
Obituaries are created by the deceased or relatives of the deceased
with the help of funeral homes and are published with the intent of
informing the public of its content.
NEKG (NorthEast Kingdom Genealogy)
of Vermont does own this particular collection, transcription and the
presentation of these materials.
You will need to log in as either Member
or as Guest
in order to view obituaries.
Go back to the Obituaries Index page
to get the guest login information.
- 1962-2016 Suddenly, in Winnipeg, Manitoba, on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 at the age of 54. Son of the late William (Bill) Kerr and the late Theresa Mockle. Kevin leaves his children Nathalie, Patricia, Bridgette and Ryan; his step-children Melissa and Jessie; his step-grandchildren Kelly, Koby and Cameron; his sisters Carole (Carl) and Nancy (Dwight); the mother of his children Joyce Phaneuf; his many nieces and nephews; his friends Annette Vallée and Tim Brown; as well as many other friends. Predeceased by brother Michael and sister Frances. Visitation will take place at Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College, Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), on Friday, November 11, 2016 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. A funeral service will be held on Saturday, November 12, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. at the St-Camille Church, 190 Principale Sud, Cookshire, QC. Interment in the St-Camille Cemetery, Cookshire, QC.
- Marg slipped away peacefully on September 8, 2016 in her 94th year. She was the daughter of William Frank and Ethel Pennington. She was predeceased by her beloved husband Bob, her sister Ellen and her twin sister Jean. She will be greatly missed by her niece Susan, her nephew Jim, her great nieces and nephews, and her great great nephew. Special thanks to the Wales Home in Richmond where she lived happily for the last years of her life.
- Passed away suddenly on Sunday September 11th 2016, Marge Lancaster at the age of 76. Loving wife of the late Raymond (Red) Lancaster, and dear mother of the late Stuart, Vicki (Doug Richardson), Scott (Filomena Furtado) and Heidi (Danny Morin). Cherished Grandma of Tracy and Alex Richardson, Vanessa and Alannah Alves, and Matthew and Steven Morin. Marge also leaves to mourn, her sister Betty (Dale Richmond), her brother-in-law Hughie Lancaster (Jeannine), sisters-in-law Norma (late Paul Morin), Mona (Jerry McGee), and was pre-deceased by her sister-in-law Joan (the late Bill Brock). Marge will be deeply missed by her many nieces, nephews and dear friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principale S., Richmond, where friends may visit on Friday September 16th from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 PM. Visitation will also be held at St-Anne’s Anglican Church on Saturday September 17th from 1 to 1:50 PM, followed by a funeral service at 2 PM with the Rev. Andrew O’Donnell officiating. Interment in St-Anne’s Cemetery following the service. Donations to St-Anne’s Cemetery or the charity of your choice would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away at the Coaticook Hospital, on Sunday, August 7, 2016 in his 87th year. Beloved husband of the late Edith Sharp. Loving father of Larry (Shelly) and Christine. Cherished grandpa to Steven (Melissa) and Corey and great grandpa to Koby and Cameron. A visitation will be held at the St. John’s Anglican Church, Waterville, on Thursday August 11, 2016 from 9:30 to 10:30 am followed by the funeral service at 10:30 am. Rev Ruth Charleau officiating. Interment in the Greenwood Cemetery Waterville.
- Born October 26th 1939 It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Huguette on June 7th, 2016. She was the beloved wife of Arthur Shelton for 55 years and cherished mother of Steven (Sandra Gowett) and Daniel (Lorina Mapa) and the greatest Grand-Maman to Kevin, Scott, Kristofer, Spencer, Nicholas, Michael, Alec and Mia. She will also be missed by her brothers Lucien (Josée Bernard), Robert (Cécline Lambert), Julien and sister Gaétane. Visitation will take place at the St-Patrick’s Church, 20 Gordon St. Sherbrooke, QC on Saturday, June 11, 2016 fro 1 to 2 pm followed by the funeral service at 2 pm with Father Doyon officiating. Huguette was born in 1939 and had fond memories of growing up in Bury, QC where she met Arthur. They were married in 1961 and moved to Sherbrooke to start a family. Entrepreneur, business woman, beloved school teacher and accomplished painter. She had multiple talents, but her true calling was to be a professional wife, mother and grandmother. Huguette was full of life love, devotion, curiosity, energy and everyone’s great cheer leader. She will be enormously missed by all who may take some comfort in knowing that she is still looking out for us from a better place. She will be our angel forever. In lieu of flowers, donations to the CHUM Foundation, 500, place d’Armes, bureau 1405, Montreal, QC, H2Y 2W2, would be appreciated.
- At Fiddicks Nursing Home in Petrolia, Ontario, Adelbert Howard Luce, on May 27, 2016, passed away at the age of 78. Predeceased by his parents, Howard Luce and Addie Draper. Adelbert leaves to mourn his wife, Wanetta Taylor, his sister Louise (Gerry), his sisters-in- law: Gwen (Wayne) and Shirley (Mel), his late brother-in-law Sternie (Frances), his sons: Howard (Susan), Murray (Francine) and Andy (Marcia), his grandchildren: Sarah (Josh), Jeffrey, Lee (Stephanie), Christel (Mickael), Sherry and Jeremy. He also leaves behind his 7 great grandchildren and many cousins and friends. The family wishes to thank all the staff at Fiddicks for the wonderful care given. Service to be held at a later date.
- (1925-2016) Surrounded by his family, Mr. Chilston Lowry passed away at the Hôtel-Dieu Hospital on April 10, 2016 in his 91st year. Beloved husband of Mildred Wallace and the late Evelyn Wilson. Chilston was a loving father to his children Donna (Raymond McConnell), Kay (late Gary Richards), Keith (Myrna MacDonald), Margaret (Lloyd Burgess), Laura (Dave Roy), Cheryl (Brian Morrison), Charlene (Ross Mackey), Joyce (Mike McComb), Anita (Bruce Babin), Tina (Paul Poudrier), Rhoda (Mike Dawson), and Andrea (Daniel Desmarais) and step-father to Lynda McVety (Bill Raymond) and Robert McVety (Shirley Ann Hyatt). Chilston will be fondly remembered by his 33 grandchildren, 33 great-grandchildren, brother Dr. Curtis Lowry (Hannelore), numerous nieces, nephews and many friends. He was predeceased by his son Ivan, 3 great-grandchildren, and brothers and sisters Claude, Floyd, Clayton, Clem, Carrie and Claris. Resting at St-Rosaire Catholic Church, 4 Randboro, Sawyerville, QC, on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 from 2 pm to 4 pm and from 7 pm to 9 pm, and on Thursday, April 14, 2016 from 1 pm to 2 pm. The funeral service will follow at 2 pm, with the Reverend Tami Spires officiating. Interment at Eaton Cemetery. Those wishing to honour Chilston’s memory may to the Eaton Cemetery (c/o Nadia Boutin, 255 Wheeler Rd, Cookshire, QC, J0B 1M0).
- Colette passed away peacefully, and surrounded by her family at the Bannerman Palliative Care Unit in Magog on Saturday April 2nd at the age of 74. She was survived by her husband of 53 years John Penhale. Colette was the mother of Anthony (Geneviève Guertin), Ann and Andrew (Marie-Ève Côté), and grandmother of Gabriel, Alexandra, Margaret and Henri. In the Labbé family, she was the daughter of Jeanne-d’Arc Dubois and of the late Jean-Marc Labbé, and the sister of Andrée Labbé (Darel Wright), the late Pierre Labbé (the late Nicole Fortin), France Labbé (Pierre Chateauneuf) and Louise Labbé (the late Benoît Cartier). She was also the sister-in-law of Beverley Penhale (the late John Nicol), Bonnie Penhale (the late Anthony Malcom) and Ian Penhale (Lise Gendron). She will also be to mourned by her nephews and nieces along with many other relatives and friends. Resting at Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College, Sherbrooke (Lennoxville) on Friday April 8, 2016 from 2 pm to 4 pm and from 7 pm to 9 pm and on Saturday April 9, 2016 at the St Patrick’s Catholic Church, 20 Gordon St, Sherbrooke, from 1 pm to 3 pm, followed by the funeral service. The family wishes to extend its appreciation to the doctors and staff of the Bannerman Palliative Care Unit in Magog for the excellent care given to Colette. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Memphremagog Hospital Fondation for the benefit of and use by the Bannerman Palliative Care Unit, 50, St. Patrice Street East, Magog, Quebec J1X 3X3 would be greatly appreciated.
- Relatives, friends and acquaintances from near and far were shocked and saddened to hear of the accidental death of Brian Thomas Andreas Lowe, on March 25, 2016 in his 72nd year. Beloved husband of Brenda Sylvester. Son of the late Thomas Lowe and the late Florence Jorgenson. Loving father of Cathy (Mike Goddard) and Kelly (Dominique Lafond). Cherished grandfather of Cody and Carrie Powers, Caleb and Caitlin Goddard, Aedhan and Peyten Lafond . He leaves to mourn his sister Linda Sylvester ( the late Bill), along with many other relatives and dear friends. Resting at the St. Paul’s Anglican Church , Bury, on Friday, April 1, 2016 from 2 pm to 4 pm and 7 pm to 9 pm, and on Saturday, April 2, 2016 from 9 am to 11 am, followed by the funeral service at 11 am. Lynn Dillabough officiating. Interment in the St. John’s Cemetery, Brookbury, Quebec. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Pope Memorial School Library or the St. John’s Church Cemetery, Brookbury, QC would be appreciated by the family.
- At the CHUS Fleurimont on Tuesday, March 22, 2016, at the age of 66. Beloved son of the late Curtis Lloyd and the late Iris Wood. Curtis is survived by his children Michael, Marsha and John; his seven grandchildren; his one great-grandchild; and his brothers and sisters: Audrey (Wendell), Sheila (Robert), Doris, Larry (Susan), Roland (Doreen), Charles (Carolyn), Roxanne (Michael), and Craig (Patricia). Predeceased by Lisa, Raymond, Norman, Phillis, and Ronald. He will also be sadly missed by many nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles and friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 50 Craig S, Cookshire, QC, on Saturday, April 2, 2016n from 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm, followed by the funeral service at 3:30 pm. Interment in the Island Brook Protestant Cemetery. Donations to the Heart and Stroke Foundation, 2630 King O, Suite 100, Sherbrooke, QC, J1H 2H1, would be appreciated by the family.
- March 29, 1919 - March 18, 2016 After 96 (almost 97) years of love, joy, music and dancing, Gerald passed away peacefully at the Wales Home. He will be forever missed by his loving wife of 53 years, Catherine Jane (nee Smith), his son, Scott Gerald (Jennifer Taylor) and his precious grandchildren, Brittany, Nathaniel, and Brianna. Predeceased by his only sister, Evelyn (late Grant) Forgrave. He will also be missed by his sister in law, Edythe (late Bruce) Bradley, and his cherished nieces, nephews, cousins, and many, many friends. Visitation will be held at the Wales Home (506 Rte 243 N. Cleveland, Qc J0B 2H0) on Saturday, March 26, 2016, from 1-2 pm, with the funeral service at 2pm followed by a luncheon. Richard Strout officiating. Interment will be at a later date at the Eaton Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Bulwer Community Center, c/o Peggy Roy, 238 Jordon Hill, Cookshire-Eaton, QC J0B 1M0 or the Wales Home Foundation, 506, Rte 243, Cleveland, QC J0B 2H0, would be appreciated by the family. The family would like to express their heartfelt gratitude to the staff at the Wales Home for the fun, the care, and the love they showed Gerald (Dad, Papa).
- (1931-2016) Passed away at the Asbestos Hospital, on Sunday February 28, 2016. Beloved wife of the late William Frank Skuse and cherished mother of Judy, Sylvia (Laird Lyster) and predeceased by baby Brenda. Grandmother of Amanda (Ryan) and Andrew. She is survived by her brothers Austin (late Anne), Delbert (late Edith), Gilbert (Margaret), Graydon, sister Marguerite (Doug Beaucage) and predeceased by Marjorie, Grace (late Burton Hughes) and Reta (late Alton Burton). She also leaves to mourn many nieces and nephews. Visitation will be held at the Cass Richmond Funeral Home, 295 Principale S. Richmond, on Thursday, March 3, 2016 from 10 to 11 am followed by the funeral service at 11 am in the funeal home chapel. Rev. Mead Baldwin officiating. Interment will take place at the Danville Protesant Cemetery in the spring. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Fondation CSSS des Sources, 475 3e Ave. Asbestos, QC J1T 1X6 would be appreciated.
- March 14, 1920 – January 12, 2016 Passed away peacefully at the Wales Home, Richmond, QC. Predeceased by her beloved husband Marcus, sister Marian and brother Franklin. She is survived by her brother John, children Patricia Gorman and Ned (Diane) Lynch. Jessie will be greatly missed by her grandchildren Don, Miriam (Rob) and Philip (Caroline), and her great-grandchildren, as well as many nieces, nephews and friends. The family would like to thank the staff at the Wales Home for their dedicated care and compassion. As per Jessie’s wishes, cremation has taken place. A celebration of her life will be held at a later date.
- Passed away unexpectedly on February 1, 2016 at her home in Stanstead, Quebec. Loving wife of Garry, Margot is predeceased by her parents Earl Gordon Montgomery and Gladys McNutt. Dear mother of Gregory Foulkes (Julianne) and Robert Foulkes (Suzanne); and step mother of Bryan Carruthers (Joanne) and David Carruthers (Sally). She will be missed by her grandchildren Olivia Foulkes, Braden Foulkes, Melissa Beauregard, Justin-Pier Beauregard, Gabriel Beauregard, Ariane Beauregard, Derrick Carruthers, Lyanne Carruthers, and Tyler Carruthers. She leaves to mourn her brothers Gordon and Peter Montgomery, and her niece Michelle Montgomery. To honour Margot's wishes, a private graveside service will be held in the spring.
- Passed away peacefully at the Wales Home in her 95th year on Friday, January 15, 2016. Predeceased by husband, Michael, and son, Eugene. Left to mourn is daughter, Tanya of Sherbrooke, Quebec, and son Serge (Sharon) of Sechelt, B.C. Also survived by her grandson, Shawn, of Sherbrooke, Quebec. Alice had volunteered in the Lennoxville area and had also worked at Bishops College School for a number of years. At her request, she was cremated. A private graveside service and interment of ashes will be held at Windsor Protestant Cemetery at a later date. As memorial tributes, donations to the Wales Home Foundation (506 Rte 243N, Cleveland, QC, J0B 2H0) would be appreciated by the family. Arrangements entrusted to Cass Funeral Homes, Sherbrooke, Quebec.
- Wendle L. Mosher, 85, a life-long resident of Ayer’s Cliff, Quebec, passed away peacefully on Saturday October 22, 2016 in Magog surrounded by his family. He was born on June 23, 1931 in Boynton, Quebec to Lawrence & Ruth (Rever) Mosher. He was a farmer his entire life and a true horseman. He loved dealing in cattle & horses and owned hundreds throughout his lifetime. He also loved racing Standardbreds for a span of over 50 years. He knew horses inside & out. Working in the woods with a team of horses always made him smile. He was extremely hard working and his family meant the world to him. He would light up anytime there was a baby around. He was a proud father and grandfather. Wendle also had a special relationship with his uncle Kenneth Mosher who passed away in 2009. He is survived by his four children. His wife Rose-Marie and their two daughters, Hollie (Terry) Mosher of Ayer’s Cliff, Quebec and Lee (Luke) Mosher of South Stukley, Quebec, and two sons, Casey (Tammy) Mosher & Todd (Danielle) Mosher and their mother Anna Forbes, all of Derby, Vermont. He is also survived by his six grandchildren Alex, Brianna, Brian, Madison, Cash and Knight, and one great-granddaughter Sophie (Brian). Surviving siblings are Sis, Dewey, Ruby, Hilda and Larry. He was predeceased by his parents, his brother Colon Mosher and his nephew Dale Mosher. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 900, Clough St. Ayer’s Cliff, on Friday, October 28th, 2016 from 7 to 9 p.m. and on Saturday, October 29th from 12 to 1:30 p.m. A funeral service will be held at the Beulah United Church, Ayer’s Cliff, on October 29th at 2 p.m. Rev Lee Ann Hogle officiating. Interment in the United Church Cemetery Ayer’s Cliff. In lieu of flowers, the family has asked that donationsbe made to the Alzheimer’s Association.
- 1936 -2016 Mrs. Doreen Munroe passed away the CHUS-Hôtel Dieu on Thursday October 20, 2016 at the age of 80. She was married to the late Lucien Bilodeau. Mrs. Munroe leaves to mourn her loving children Lee (Terri), Lisa (Dale), Laurie-Ann (Rick), Lindy (Mark), Lucie (William) and Lois (Mark). She was a cherished grandmother of 15 and great-grandmother of 5. She will sadly be missed by her sister Carolyn and many other relatives and friends. A graveside service will be held on Saturday October 29, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. at the Woodside cemetery in Stanstead (Beebe).
- 1934– 2016 With his family by his side, John James (Jack) Macfarlane passed away quietly at the CHUS - Fleurimont on Sunday October 16, 2016. Beloved husband to Shirley, he was born on January 12, 1934 in England to the late Robert and Lillias Macfarlane. Left to cherish his memory are his children Alistair (Christine) and Chelsea as well as his grandchildren Asa, Meghan and Rhiann. He will sadly be missed by his sisters Dorothy (Brian Hargreaves) and Ann (Tom Riding). He was predeceased by his brothers Robert and Frank (June). He also leaves to mourn many relatives in England and close friends here in Canada. Funeral services will be held at a later date. As a memorial tribute to Jack, donations to the R.-H. Rediker CAB, 112, rue Principale St, Stanstead, J0B 3E5, would be appreciated by the family.
- 1954 - 2016 Passed away at the CSSS Memphrémagog, on September 4, 2016 at the age of 62. She is predeceased by her parents Millard Mosher and Mandana Mosher. Visitation will be held at the Cass funeral home, 545, Dufferin, Stanstead, QC, on Wednesday September 7, 2016 from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. and from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. A celebration of life will be held at the funeral home on Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 3:00 p.m. Debra leaves to mourn her brothers and sisters: Dian (Tom), Janet (Lance), Wendy (Ronnie), Judy (Peter), Trudy (Tracy), Tammy (Brandon) and honorary brother Gord. She is predeceased by her brother David. She will sadly be missed by her nephews and nieces: Telsa (Nick), Melissa (Jean), Mandy (Sébastien), Brent (Liz), Nyla, Alexis, Miley, Haiden, Layla, Kaleb and Rylea. She also leaves to mourn many other relatives and friends. The family wishes to thank the special caregivers of the Palliative care unit at the CSSS Memphremagog for the excellent care given to Debra. Donations to the Leucan Foundation, 550 Beaumont Avenue, Suite 300, Montreal, Quebec H3N 1V1, would be appreciated by the family.
- (1943-2016) Suddenly at the CHUS Fleurimont on Tuesday, July 12, 2016, from Danville at the age of 72, son of the late Percy Matthews and the late Muriel Gunter. Wayne leaves to mourn his spouse Madeleine Audet, his son John-Wayne and daughter-in-law Laurie Frost. His sisters: Florence (late Keith Nutbrown), Rona (Bruce Gregory) and his nephews: Terry (Julia Gifford) and Lee-Wayne Patterson, Michael Nutbrown. His brothers and sisters-in law as well as other relatives and friends. The family will be present to accept condolences at the St-Augustine Anglican Church, 73 du Carmel, Danville, Que. from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m on Saturday July 23, 2016. A funeral service will follow at 2 p.m.. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Fondation du CHUS, 530 10e Avenue Sud, Sherbrooke, QC, J1G 2R9, would be appreciated by the family.
- 1934-2016 - Mary Aveline McHarg passed away peacefully at CHUS-Fleurimont, on July 1st, 2016 at the age of 81. Beloved wife of Edwin Down and daughter of the late Samuel McHarg and Amanda Sarrasin. Mary leaves to mourn her children Janet (Tim Danard) from Fahler, Alberta, Lynn (Scott Clever) from Sarnia, Ontario, Allan from Mono, Ontario and Brian (Lynay) from Campbell River, B.C.; her grandchildren: Valerie, Matthew (Erin), Jeremy (Desiree) Clever; Joshua (Haley), Caiti (Richard McClelland), Joe, Logan (Adrienne) Down; Kyanna and Xinya; as well as her 6 great-grandchildren. She will also be sadly missed by her brother Ron (Betty), sister-in-law Louise from Alberta, her brother-in-law Murray (Anne), as well as many nieces, nephews, other relatives and cherished friends. Mary was predeceased by her sister Bea, and brothers Arthur and Lloyd. Visitation will be held at the Cass funeral home, 900 Clough St, Ayer's Cliff, on Wednesday July 6th 2016 from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. and from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. as well as on Thursday, July 7th 2016 from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. and from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. Funeral services will be held at the Barnston Baptist Church, Baldwin-Mills-Barnston Rd, on Friday July 8th, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. Interment at the Ayer’s Cliff cemetery will follow. In lieu of flowers, donations in memory of Mary Down to the Gideons Bible International of Canada (888-482-4253) would be appreciated by the family.
- June 7, 1931 - June 25, 2016 Loving and devoted husband of Elaine K. (MacLeod) MacMillan, father of Gordon (Candace), grandfather of Rebecca, Chelsea, Katrina and Samantha, and great grandpa to Marilee and Etienne. Also left to mourn are his sister Sarah (late Murray) MacDonald, sister-in-law Carol (Lloyd) Darlington, nephew Keith, nieces Marilyn, Lori and Sheryl, several great-nieces and nephews, and many friends. As per Angus’ wishes there will be no visitation. A graveside service will be held at the Gould Cemetery on July 9, 2016 at 11 a.m. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Gould Cemetery (c/o Lena Morrison, 444 Rte 161 North, Stornaway, QC J0B 3J0) would be appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully at his home in St-Felix de Kingsey, on Wednesday April 6th 2016, Mr. Jerome Morin at the age of 84. Loving husband of 57 years to Dorothy Morrill, and dear father of Michael (Judy Nelson), Alan (Mary-Frances Enright), Danny (Heidi Lancaster) and Diane (Denis Gauthier). Beloved grandfather of Katelyn, Carly (Stephen Smith), Anthony, Jacob (Rosemarie Allen), Abby, Eliza, Matthew (Kirsten LaSalle), Jimmy, Steven, Chelsea and Luca. Loving brother of Vincent (Carole), and dear brother-in-law of Sylvia, Norma and Beatrice. Jerome is pre-deceased by his Sister, brothers, brother’s-in-law and sister’s-in-law; Augustin (Annette), Raymond, Francis (Rose), Leslie (Jay), Leonard (Dorothy), Lawrence (Phyllis), Mary Ellen (Hans), Wilfred, Joseph, Liola and Paul; his brother-in-law Edgar, and his sister-in-law Lois (Paul). He will also be greatly missed by his nieces, nephews and many dear friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principale S., Richmond, where friends may visit on Friday April 8th from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 PM, and on Saturday from 10 to 11:00 AM. A Funeral mass will be held at St-Luc Catholic Church, St-Felix de Kingsey, on Saturday April 9th at 11:30 AM, followed by the interment in the St-Felix de Kingsey Catholic Cemetery. Donations to the CHUS foundation would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully at the Wales Home, Richmond, on Sunday, February 14th, 2016 in his 88th year. Husband of the late Isabell H. MacDonald. Loving father of Judy, Patsy (Daniel Bachand), Susan, Vicky (Doug Neilson), Dean (Ernie Maala), Kelly (Earl Gracie), and Connie (Rodney Gunter), and predeceased by infant daughter Faye Ellen and grandson Derek. Charles will be greatly missed by fourteen grandchildren and twelve great grandchildren. Resting at the Salon funéraire Fréchette et Desrochers, 31 du Collège, Danville, where friends may visit on Thursday, February 18, 2016 from 7 pm to 9 pm, and on Friday, February 19, 2016 from 10 am to 11 am followed by the funeral service at 11 am. Reverand Mead Baldwin officiating. Interment in the Danville Protestant Cemetery at a later date. The family would like to thank the Wales Home for the wonderful care given to our father. Donations in Charlie's memory may be made to the Heart and Stroke Foundation, 100-2630, King West, Sherbrooke, QC J1J 2H1 or to the Wales Home Foundation, 506 rte 243 N, Cleveland, QC J0B 2H0 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Annabel Victoria McDougall, born on January 28, 1916, passed away in North Hatley on February 14, 2016. Daughter of the late Edwin and Marie McDougall. Long time companion of the late Harold Joseph Clement. Beloved mother of Margaret Genevieve Piper (Gerald) and Dianne Calista Rowe (Michael); grandmother of Claudette Martin, Theresa Rowe and the late Philip Rowe; and great grandmother of Lance Martin and Megan Martin. A committal service will be held later this year. Gifts in Annabel’s memory may be given to the Haskell Free Library (1 Church Street, Stanstead, QC, J0B 3E2). May she rest in peace.
- Suddenly, at the CHUS Fleurimont, Qc, on July 22th 2016, James Frederick Noyes passed away in his 72nd year, beloved husband to Jean Cass and son of the late Etta Louise Sutton and the late Reginald Noyes. Other than his wife, Mr. Noyes leaves to mourn his step-children Kathy Cass (Jean Fluet) and Allen Cass as well as his brothers Brian (Kitty) and Jonathan. He is predeceased by his brother Walter (late Lois). He is survived by his 3 nephews and their families, his lifetime friend Doug Leithead as well as many other relatives and friends from Canada and the United States. He will be missed by his dog Buddy. Family and friends may pay their respects at the Cass funeral Home, 900, Clough St, Ayer’s Cliff, Qc, on Friday, July 29, 2016 from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. A gathering for relatives and friends will also be held at the Wheelock Wood Yard, 1008, Dry Pond Rd, Rte 16, Glover, VT (exit 25 off Rte 91) on Saturday, July 30, 2016 from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. (bring lawn chairs). The family wishes to extend their sincere appreciation to the caregivers of the cardiac unit at the CHUS – Fleurimont, as well as to the many relatives and friends for their support and kind gestures. As a memorial tribute, donations to the Pet connection Lennoxville, 1730, Wellington South, Sherbrooke, QC, J1M 1K9, or the Frontier animal Society, 4473, Barton Orleans Rd, Orleans, Vt, 05860, would be appreciated by the family.
- Ronald Pope passed away peacefully at his home on October 13, 2016. Son of Doris Maskell and the late Lionel Pope. He leaves his daughter Taunya (Joey), his son Josh (Karen), his grandsons Treydenn and Hunter, his sisters Gail, Nancy and Cindy, and his brother Almon. A private family burial will be held at the Cookshire Protestant Cemetery at a later date.
- Passed away peacefully with her daughters by her side on Friday, August 5, 2016, her 100th birthday, at the Wales Home, Richmond, QC. Beloved wife of the late Leslie Robert Pettigrue. Estelle is survived by her daughters Carol (Jeff Dunn) and Linda (Maurice Pettifer), her grandchildren Craig Dunn, Steven Dunn, Jennifer Dunn Monardo, Joel Schmidt and Martin Pettifer, as well as her fifteen great-grandchildren. A private family graveside memorial will be held at the Elmwood Cemetery, Sherbrooke, QC at a date to be determined. Estelle’s family wish to thank the Wales Home and the many dedicated, professional staff who, for over fifteen years, have made the Wales Home truly her home. Donations to the Wales Home Foundation, 506 Rte 243N, Cleveland, QC, J0B 2H0, would be greatly appreciated.
- March 15, 1908 – July 17, 2016 After a long and active life with family and friends we are sad to announce the passing of Verna Caroline Westgate on July 17, 2016 at Grace Village, QC. She was the daughter of William Painter and Florence Patton, and was predeceased by her loving husband Maple Westgate in 1982. Dear mother of the late Mailin Westgate (Mavis), the late Patricia Westgate, Norma (John Gill), Ilah (Bruce Batley), and Linda (Leslie MacLeod). Verna was the loving grandmother of fourteen grandchildren, twenty-six great-grandchildren and seventeen great-great-grandchildren. Predeceased by her sister Shirley (Ted Darker). Visitation at Cass Funeral Home, 50 Craig, Cookshire, on Friday, July 22, 2016 from 7 pm to 9 pm. The funeral service will be at St. Peter’s Anglican Church, 45 Principale West, Cookshire, on July 23, 2016 at 2pm, followed by interment in the Island Brook Cemetery. Memorial tributes in Verna’s name can be made to the Dr. W.J. Klinck Foundation, 1501 rue Campbell, Sherbrooke, QC, J1M 0C1.
- (1935-2016) At the CHUS Fleurimont on Wednesday, June 1, 2016, at the age of 80. Son of the late Louis Pariseau and the late Lia Beaudry. He leaves to mourn his wife Marie-Paule Maurice; his brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law Micheline (Dorice), Lucie (Yvon), France (Claude), Jacques (Claudette), and Bernard (Therese); his nieces and nephews: Melodie (Pierre), Wanda (Daniel), Dawn (Richard), Penny (Arsene), Charlene, Wayne, Joanne (Bob), Bruce (Celeste), Randy (Marlene), and Lori (Al); as well as other family members and friends. Predeceased by his brother Robert (the late Shirley), and his sister Doris. Resting at Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principale Sud, Richmond, on Saturday, June 11, 2016, from 12 pm to 3 pm, followed by the funeral service at 3 pm. Interment in St. Anne’s cemetery, Richmond, Quebec. The family would like to thank the staff at the CHUS Fleurimont for the exceptional care provided to Mr. Pariseau. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Canadian Cancer Society, 330 rue King Ouest, bureau 130, Sherbrooke, Quebec, J1L 1C9 , would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully at the CHUS Hotel-Dieu Sherbrooke QC on May 12, 2016 at the age of 94. Survived by her sons Larry(Karen) and Randy(Marlene). Beloved grandmother of Robert (Carol), Tara (Arkell), and Craig (Trina) and great grandmother of Tamara, Alicia, Jorja, Dustin, Andrew and Stephen. She also leaves to mourn her sisters Dora, Winnifred and Joyce, her sister-in-law Eileen, and many nieces and nephews. At Olives request, a private graveside service will be held at a later date.
- 1924-2016 It is with sadness that we announce the passing of Helmut (Rudi) Palme of Sherbrooke, Quebec, on January 29th, 2016, at the age of 91 at the CHUS in Fleurimont. Born in Czechoslovakia, he and his late wife Maria (Maco) Palme immigrated to Canada in 1951. He leaves to mourn his beloved wife of 22 years, Sandra Gallup. He will be forever missed by his daughters Claudia (Nina) Palme (Douglas Myers) and Vera Palme; step daughters Nena Tremblay and Heidi Lindell (Adamo Licursi); grandchildren Kyle and Rachael Myers; step grandchildren Garadun, Titania and Leif Truesdale; Anita, Melina, Vincenzo and Luca Licursi. He also leaves to mourn his brother Friedrich (Fritz) Palme (Renate) and niece Christiane in Germany; his sister-in-law Heather Gallup (Gordon Weber); his brother-in-law Brian Gallup (Christianne Marcoux). He was very close to nephews Gilbert Rosenbrier (Claudette), Stefan Palme (Manuela Wihl) and niece Laura Stewart (Ken). Also survived by many grandnephews, grandnieces and friends. His life was a testimony of strength, perseverance, service and achievement - a life filled with adventure! As per his wishes he was cremated and there will be a private scattering of his ashes in the Atlantic at a later time. Visitation will be held at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), on Saturday, February 13, 2016 from 1 to 3 PM followed by a service and celebration of his life. In lieu of flowers, the family would appreciate donations in his memory to the charity of your choice.
- 1921 - 2016 Passed away at the CSSS Memphrémagog on July 29, 2016 in his 96th year. Husband of the late Fernande Gagné and son of the late Joseph Quirion and the late Malvina Roy. Visitation will be held at the Cass funeral home, 545 rue Dufferin, Stanstead, on Friday August 5, 2016 from 2 :00 to 4 :00 p.m. and from 7 :00 to 9 :00 p.m. and on August 6, 2016 from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. A funeral service will be held at 3:00 p.m. on Saturday August 5, 2016 at the Sacré-Cœur Church in Stanstead. Interment will be held at a later date. Mr. Quirion leaves to mourn his children Jacqueline (Dennis Fortin), Rolande (Ernest Fortin), Réal (Raymonde Beaudin), Lorraine (Matt Arnam), Francine (Chuck Muhr) Ronald (Jeanne Guitar), Carmen (Eudore Durocher), Claire (Rory Groulx), Serge (Sandra Schepanick) and Yvan. He will sadly be missed by his 24 grandchildren and his 48 great-grandchildren. He his predeceased by his brothers and sisters Armand (Jeanette), Roland (late Madeleine), Yolande, Gracia, Ange-Aimée, Léandre (Madeleine), Ronaldo (late Georgette), Sylvio (Colette), Germain (Georgette), Germaine (late Ange-Aimé) and Andréa (Yvette). He also leaves many brothers and sisters’ in-law, nephews, nieces, other relatives and friends. Donations to the Memphremagog hospital foundation, 50 St-Patrice est, Magog, Qc. J1X 3X3, would be appreciated by the family.
- 1933 - 2016 Mr. Royce Martin passed away peacefully at the Connaught home on May 9th, 2016 at the age of 82. Beloved husband of Muriel Corey Martin and son of the late Leonard Martin and Hattie Powers. Mr. Martin leaves to mourn his daughter Gini (Herman); his grandchildren Ashley (Dexter) and Matt, as well as his great grandchild Jaelen. He is predeceased by his brother Arnold. Many nieces, nephews, other relatives and cherished friends also share in our loss. Visitation will be held at the Cass funeral home, 900 Clough St, Ayer's Cliff, on Friday May 13th, 2016 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. A celebration of life will be held on Saturday, May 14th, 2016 at the Christ Church, 548, Dufferin, Stanstead, at 2:00 p.m. The family wishes to extend their appreciation to the caregivers of the Connaught Home in North Hatley and the Magog Hospital, 4th floor, for the care given to Royce. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Alzheimer’s Association, 740, Galt Ouest, bureau 112, Sherbrooke, QC, J1H 1Z3, would be appreciated by the family.
- Graham Radcliffe was born in England on the 5th of August 1956. He lived a good life, full of adventures, the good and the bad ones, with his loving friends and family. He died peacefully at home, in Sherbrooke, leaving his amazing stories. In his youth, he would say Bring it on! We will miss him, along with his conforting presence and his kind strength. He leaves his wife, Louise Drouin, his children Julien (Michelle Jury) and Kim (Simon Gaboury), his granddaughter Gaïa; his brother Neil (Vicky Scott), their daughters Georgia, Alishia Faye and Poppy; his brother-in-law Jacques (Louise Ducharme); his sisters-in-law Jeannine Fournier, her two children Thierry (Sophie) and Sara (Sylvain); Francine (Jean-Claude Cloutier), their two children Stéphanie (Michel) and Simon (Émilie), and many grand-nieces, nephews and friends.
- 1921-2016 Surrounded by her family, Mrs. Ruth Curtis Munroe passed away at the CSSS Memphremagog on March 6th, 2016 in her 95th year, beloved wife of 64 years to the late Ralph W. Munroe. Mrs. Munroe was a loving mother to her children Glenna (Ned), Sandra (Tom) (late Dollard), Joan (Hugh), Ralph Jr. and Gary (Carmen). She was predeceased by her daughters Beverly and Rosalie. She will dearly be missed by her 13 grandchildren, 25 great grandchildren and 6 great great grandchildren. She also leaves to mourn many cousins, nephews, nieces and friends. The family wishes to extend their heartfelt thanks to the staff of the 2nd floor, long term care unit, for the excellent care given to Mrs. Munroe. A graveside funeral service will be held on Saturday May 7th, 2016 at 1:00 p.m. at the Woodside cemetery, Woodside Rd, Beebe, QC.
- (1930-2016) Passed away peacefully on Sunday, January 17, 2016 in her 86th year. Beloved wife of 58 years to Dale Blanchette. Ruth was predeceased by her parents Brisen Reid and Eva Paige, older brother Roy, and her twin brother Harry. Left to mourn this remarkable woman are her nieces , nephews, family and friends. Visitation at Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principale Sud, Richmond, on Friday, January 22, 2016 from 9 am to 11 am. The funeral service will follow at 11 am, with Tami Spires officiating. Interment will take place in the spring. Special thanks to the staff at the CHUS-Fleurimont for the excellent care provided to Mrs. Blanchette. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Heart and Stroke Foundation or to the Rebekah’s (Richmond Division) would be greatly appreciated.
- 1945-2016 With heavy hearts and deep sadness we mourn the unexpected and sudden loss of a great man, peacefully and surrounded by family, July 1, 2016. Beloved and handsome husband of Teresa (nee Oates) for 47 years. Devoted and proud father of Gillian (Brent) and David (Shawn). Loving giant and thoughtful Grampy to Ava, Kate, Finn and Claire. Cherished son of David and Marjorie (nee Tabberer) and brother to Penelope (Peter). He was an alumnus of Bishop’s College School and Queen’s University. An accomplished civil engineer and long-standing member of OIQ and PEO, he was a talented builder, artist, gardener and selfless supporter of the Eastern Townships communities. A youthful and celebrated friend, his positive, optimistic and fun-loving approach to life was an inspiration to all. With each sunrise he sought the most of the day. His passion for family, friends, land and sea will forever be missed and never forgotten. Funeral service at Centenary United Church, Stanstead, Quebec, Saturday July 9th, 11 a.m. In lieu of flowers, donations in Kit’s memory can be made toward scholarships and bursaries to enable local students to attend Stanstead College. Stanstead College, 450 Dufferin, Stanstead, QC, J0B 3E0 www.stansteadcollege.com
- (1944-2016) At the CHUS Hôtel-Dieu on Saturday, June 4, 2016, at the age of 71. Daughter of the late Lawrence Sullivan and the late Mavis Parker. Bonnie leaves to mourn her husband André Blanchette; her children John (Sandra Jeanson), Luke and Christine (John Moe); her granddaughter Kim; her brothers-in-law Claude Blanchette (Monique Gendron) and Michel Blanchette; and her sister-in- law Thérèse Blanchette (Robert Beaubien); as well as many cousins, other relatives, and friends. The family will be present to accept condolences at the Trenholm United Church, Rte 243 Trenholm, Que., from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday, June 10, 2016. A funeral service will follow at 2 p.m., with the Reverend Reginald Jennings officiating. The family would like to thank the staff at the CHUS Hôtel-Dieu and the Drummondville CLSC for the excellent care provided to Mrs. Blanchette. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Fondation du CHUS, 530 10e Avenue Sud, Sherbrooke, QC J1G 2R9, would be appreciated by the family.
- 1945 - 2016 Francis (Buck) Alexander Sayers passed away on May 16th, 2016 at the CSSS Memphremagog in his 71th year. Beloved husband of Ellen Rever and son of the late John Sayers and Audrey Mitchell. Dear father of Randy (Jenn), Shelley (Ross), Carroll (Colleen). He will sadly be missed by his grandchildren Adam, Travis, Randi Lee, Courtney, Tiffany, Alex, Collin and Hailey, as well as his great-grandchildren Sophie and Miles. He leaves his brothers and sisters Bea, Peter, Linda, Larry, Elsie, Donnie, Carylon, Bev, Billy, Johny, Fay, Bobbie and Neil. He is predeacesd by his brothers Archie, Terry, and Steven. He was half brother to Jerry, Dianna, Joanne, Darlene and is preceased by his half brother Robert. He will be missed by his adopted son Lorne Pegg, his brother and sister in laws as well as many nephews, nieces, musicians and friends everywhere. The family wishes to thank the personnel of the blood clinic department at the CSSS Memphremagog and well as the Cancer care unit of the CHUS Fleurimont. A private graveside funeral will be held at a later date.
- It is with great sadness that the family announces the passing of Andrew Smith on May 5th, 2016, at the age of 72 years old. Son of the late Andrew Smith and the late Joan Marshall. Beloved husband of Gail Young and dear father of Janet (Keith Hadley), Tracey (Peter Jacklin), and Erin (Marc Lussier). Cherished grandfather of 9 grandchildren and 5 great grandchildren. He leaves to mourn his brothers, David, Ronald (Joan), Micheal (Benita), Gary (Sue), Randy (Brenda) and Brian (Pauline). Andrew was predeceased by his brother Geoff (the late Gloria). He also leaves to mourn many nieces, nephews and friends. A celebration of life will be held at the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 242 North Hatley, on Thursday, May 12th 2016 starting at 3:00 pm. All welcome.
- Peacefully at the Connaught Home on March 31, 2016. Beloved wife of the late Everett Vachon. Dorothy will be remembered fondly by her sons Derek (Eleonore) and David; her grandchildren Stephan, Karen and Marc, and by many nieces and nephews. Predeceased by her son Charles (Suzanne). Resting at Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College, Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), on Sunday, April 3, 2016 from 2 pm to 3 pm, followed by the funeral service at 3 pm. Reverend Ruth Charleau officiating.
James Maxwell Strickland passed away on Thursday, January 14, 2016 in his 94th year. Son of the late James and Dorothy Strickland and predeceased by his sister Alice (Thissen). He leaves to mourn his cousins: Alfred and Gertrude Jean (Gilmore) Whittier, Annie Whittier (Hébert), Grace Whittier (Armstrong), George Whittier, and Carol Whittier (Hall); as well as many friends and associates. LCol. Strickland will be remembered in military circles as Commanding Officer of the Sherbrooke Hussars during the unit’s centennial in 1967. He was active in sports, drama and cycling. By arrangements with Cass Funeral Home, visitation will be held on Wednesday, January 20, 2016, at St. George’s Church, 84 Queen, Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), from 1 pm to 2 pm, followed by the funeral service. Interment at the Elmwood Cemetery at a later date.
- (December 21, 1936 - July 21, 2016) Lynwood (Lyn) Taylor, loving husband of June (nee Douglass) passed into the presence of our Lord and Savior after a lengthy illness. He was the son of the late Henry and Marjorie (Cascadden) Taylor. Along with his wife he leaves to mourn his children, Stephen (Brenda), Laurie (Mark Strout), Jennifer (Scott Lowd), Melanie, and Christopher (Isabelle), his 11 grandchildren, Andrew and Kathryn Taylor, Jeremy (MariePier), Jonathan and Jessica (Eric Feenaughty) Strout, Brittany, Nathaniel and Brianna Lowd, Caleb, Olivier and Raphael Taylor and 3 great grandchildren, Leah and Jayde Strout and Levi Feenaughty and Lyn’s brother-in-law, Gary Douglass. Visitation is at Grace Chapel, 267 Rue De Montreal, Sherbrooke QC on Monday, July 25, 2016 at 1:30pm followed by a funeral service at 2:30pm. A private family burial will immediately follow the service. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Dr. W.J. Klinck Foundation c/o Massawippi Retirement Communities, 1501 rue Campbell, Sherbrooke, Quebec J1M 0C1 (www.masscom.ca/our-foundation).
- 1921 – 2016 Passed away at the Hotel Dieu hospital on Friday, May 6, 2016. Born July 18, 1921 to Charles Taylor and Jessie Frappied. Ron was a proud veteran of World War II. Beloved husband of 56 years to Lorna Dustin and dear father of the late Scott. He leaves to mourn his wife, sister Helen Nutbrown (late Ibrey), brothers and sisters-in-law, Weldon Dustin (late Lois), Leta Dustin, Lillian Sharman (late Don), Wynn Dustin (late Faye), and Monique Taylor (late Mac). Predeceased by his brothers Mac (late Anna) and Russell (late Marian). Special uncle to Nancy and Trudy, numerous other nieces and nephews as well as a friend to many. Graveside service at the Massawippi Cemetery on Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 1:00 PM. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Massawippi Cemetery Association C/O Tom Schopflocher, 610 ch Harvey, Hatley, QC, J0B 4B0, would be appreciated by the family.
- Sadly passed away at home in Richmond, Quebec, on Saturday, March 26th, 2016. Son of the late Gooitske and Wiebe Vander Wal. Lambertus leaves to mourn his sisters and brother Betty (Donald), Alle, and Johnny (Karin); his nieces and nephews Robin (Chuck), Connie, Jeffrey (Marie-Josée), John (France), Sonya (Garry) and Erica; his sixteen great nieces and nephews, his one great great niece, and many good friends. A graveside service and burial will be announced at a later date. Donations to the charity of your choice would be appreciated.
- Suddenly at his home on Tuesday, October 4, 2016, Bill Woodward in his 77th year. Brother of Sylvia (late Ian MacLeay), Sally (Kevin Hughes) and Joanna (Keith Cheal) Also survived by many nieces, nephews and cousins. A graveside service will be held at 11 am on October 11, 2016 at the Malvern Cemetery, Lennoxville, QC. Reverend Ruth Charleau officiating.
- Norman Edward Wightman passed away peacefully on Friday, July 22, 2016 at the CHUS in Fleurimont, Qc. in his 81st year. Norman Edward Wightman was the son of the late Edward Paul Wightman and the late Rita Charron Wightman and the loving husband of Marie Lynne Gordon. Norman leaves to mourn his children: Paul Wightman (Jill Guthrie) and Penny Wightman; his grandchildren: Shawn Nielsen (Courtney Harrison), Brandon Nielsen and Melissa Coddington; his sister: Barbara Wightman (Jay Simcoe); and Lynne's children and grandchildren. Those wishing to pay their respects are invited to a grave side service at Stanbridge Ridge Cemetery, 134 Chemin Ridge, Stanbridge East, QC, on Tuesday, August 2, 2016 at 2:00 pm.
- Muriel passed away peacefully at La Maison Aube -Lumière, Sherbrooke on Sunday October 16, 2016 in her 97th year. Beloved mother to Marilyn (Doug), Helen (John) and Terry and stepmother to the late Rupert (Patty) (deceased) and Ross. Cherished grandmother to Steven, Jodi and Brian, four step-grandchildren: Peter, Timmy, Tammy and Tara and one great grandson Eric. Loved by her brothers: Harris (Gerry and the late Gloria) and Bobby (Truth). Predeceased by her brother Hubert (Marion) and her sister Doris (George). Also leaving to mourn many nieces, nephews, cousins and dear friends. Visitation will take place at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), on Saturday, October 22nd, 2016 from 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm followed by a celebration of life at 3:00 pm. Many thanks to the doctors, nurses, and volunteer staff at la Maison Aube- Lumière for the care and love they have shown Mom during her three month stay. Special thanks to her doctors Chantal Doyon and Marie-Jose Dubois for their amazing care. Mom loved you both very much. We, her family would like to extend our appreciation to Cheryl Graham and Marjorie Robinson for your loving support. The family suggests donations to La Maison Aube-Lumière, 3071, 12th Avenue North, Sherbrooke, QC J1H 5H3 or Maple Leaf Cemetery, c/o Linda Fisk, 67 Robert Peel, Sherbrooke, QC J1M 1X5.
- (1938-2016) Passed away peacefully at the CHUS Hôtel-Dieu Sherbrooke, on Monday, July 11, 2016 at the age of 77. Son of the late Norman Winslow and the late Iva Westgate. Beloved husband of the late Patricia Loach and dear father of Peter. He is survived by his brothers Terry and Ross Winslow, his aunt and uncle Mayotta and Grant Taylor, his step mother Muriel Nugent and step sisters Marilyn Schaefer and Helen Nayler. Rupert leaves to mourn his nieces, nephews, cousins, other relatives, many friends, the Burlington gang, the Sawyerville region and the automotive and golf world. A graveside service will be held for Rupert and Patrica on Saturday, July 30, 2016 at 2 pm at the Malvern Cemetery with The Ven. Dean E. Ross officiating. The family would like to thank Dr. Ferenczi and the Hôtel-Dieu palliative care of the 6th floor for the care given to Mr Winslow. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Pet Connection, The Hut, Lennoxville Curling Club, Gaiter’s Club (Bishop’s University ) or to any other local charity would be appreciated.
- November 8, 1944 – June 16, 2016 Surrounded by love, and with strength and grace beyond measure, at La Maison Aube Lumière on June 16. Sue was the adored mother of Sarah, dear sister of Peter, and Auntie Sooze to Susannah and Nick. She will be greatly missed by Sarah’s father, Ron, his nephew Chris and niece Kerry, her many friends both here and in the UK, and her extended family. Sue embraced life fully, with a sense of optimism, kindness and good humour, and took immense pleasure in sharing a multitude of activities with her wide circle of friends. She had boundless energy and curiosity, and her loss will be keenly felt by all who loved her. Special thanks to the gastroenterology team at CHUS-Hôtel Dieu and the cancer care unit at CHUS-Fleurimont, particularly Dr. Beaudoin and Dr. Bachand, as well as Dr. Doyon and the staff at La Maison Aube Lumière, for the superb care shown to Sue. Her family would also like to thank her many friends for their thoughtfulness, love and support, particularly her dear friend Sue Turner. Respecting Sue’s wishes not to have a formal farewell, no visitation or service will be held. In lieu of flowers, donations in her memory to the Stephen Lewis Foundation’s Grandmothers to Grandmothers Campaign or the Canadian Cancer Society would be gratefully acknowledged by the family.
- At the CHSLD La Sapinière, East-Angus on April 26 2016. In loving memory of Teressa Patricia MacLeod (née Weir) at the age of 94. Daughter of Edward and Luella Weir and wife of the late Ken MacLeod, she is survived by her children Mark (Lucille), Matthew, Malcolm (Cindy), Mary-Claire (Stéphane), Martin, Myles and Martha (Gilbert) as well as twelve grandchildren and six great-grandchildren. Teressa was also the cherished sister of Clair Thibodeau Weir and Leola Pehleman Weir as well as brother, the late Patrick Weir and sister, the late Ivy Weir. Funeral will be held at St-Clement Church, Bishopton, Que. on May-14-2016 at 11:00 a.m.in the presence of ashes. Teressa’s sons and daughters will be there to greet family and friends from 10:00 a.m. In her memory, a donation to the St-Paul’s Rest Home in Bury will be gratefully appreciated and acknowledged by the family.
- (1933-2016) Passed away accidentally, on April 18, 2016 in her 83rd year. Cherished mother of Bruce (Sharon Raymond), Lois (Lyle Roarke), Peter (Dianne Hyatt), Ross (Mary Ellen Sylvester), Robert (Julie Lancaster), Susan (Steve Barter), Elaine (Darwin Smith) and Scott. Loving grandmother of Karyn (Phil), Karolyn (Jon), Melanie (Travis), Daniel (Jennifer), Timothy (Cindy) Jennifer, Felicia, Thomas (Krissy), Amanda (Phil), Caitlin (Kevin), Joseph (Vanessa), Ryan, Laura, Joshawa (Lee-Ann), Jessie Sue, Kelsey, Hayley, Grant and Kelly. She will also be sadly missed by her 12 great grandchildren, her sister Ardice Ward (the late Ronald), as well as many nieces, nephews, cousins and dear friends. Winnona was predeceased by her sisters Myrtle and Florence. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College, Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), on Friday, April 22, 2016 from 2 pm to 4 pm and 7 pm to 9 pm, and on Saturday, April 23, 2016 from 10 am to 11 am. A funeral service will follow in the Cass Chapel at 11 am. Interment in the Johnville Cemetery at a later date. Donations to the Johnville Cemetery (c/o Bruce Smith, 19 Pine St. Stanstead, QC J0B 3E5) or to the Ives Hill Community Center (c/o Jennifer Sylvester, 159 ch Moe’s River, Compton, QC J0B 1L0) would be appreciated by the family.
- Blanche, age 99, passed peacefully on January 19th 2016 at the Cannaught Home in North Hatley. She was born in Sherbrooke on July 3rd, 1916. Blanche will be celebrating her 100th Birthday with her heavenly family....her cherished husband Clinton Stocks, her brothers Harley, Howard and Kurt and her mother and father Jenny and Avery Wilkie. Auntie will be fondly missed by her nieces and nephews, Ronald Wilkie ( Beatrice ), Mary Beth Falcao (Glenn), Stephen Avery Wilkie and Larry Wilkie. She was also a Great Aunt to Robert Stocks (Eleanor), William Stocks (Heather) Genesa and Jenael Falcao, Trina and Trevor Wilkie, and Lisa, Alan and Danny Wilkie. The family would like to thank all her loving caregivers at the Cannaught home and also a dear friend Annie Cowan who was a constant presence by her side. A private ceremony will be held at a later date. Donations can be made to St. Andrews Presbyterian Church, Memorial Tribute, 256 Queen Street, Sherbrooke, QC, J1M 1K6
- Suddenly, after a courageous battle with cancer, on Friday, January 15, 2016, Wanda Walker Doherty, in her 76th year. Beloved wife of the late James Doherty. Cherished mother of Andy, Kerry (Cathy) and Michael (Pam); loving grandmother of Keeley (Will), Ashley( Joseph), Kassidy and Robyn (Dom). Special aunt of Mark and Robert and many other nieces and nephews; dear sister of Waneta (Gaston), Walter (Ann), and Caroline (Glenn). Visitation at the Cass Funeral Home, 6 College St, Sherbrooke QC on Tuesday, January 19 from 6 pm to 9 pm. Funeral services on Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 11 am at St. Mark’s Chapel, Bishop’s University, 2600 College Street, Sherbrooke QC. Reverend Heather Thomson officiating. In Wanda's memory, donations to the Fondation de CHUS (530 10th Avenue S., Sherbrooke, QC, J1G 2R9) would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- WASHBURN, Rolleston, Marrotte, Esther - passed away at the age of 78. Esther was predeceased by her loving husband Louis Marrotte, son Wayne Marrotte and grandson Joshua Marrotte. She is survived by her husband Clarence Rolleston, her sons: Roy Marrotte (Suzanne), Roger Marrotte (the late Debbie Dewn) and Ralph Marrotte. Her daughters: Louise Marrotte Lacroix (Ronald Lacroix), Brenda Marrotte, and daughter-in-law Brenda Chaffee of the late Wayne Marrotte. She leaves behind her grandchildren, great grandchildren, stepchildren and step grandchildren. Funeral Services will be held on Saturday December 12th at the Cass Funeral Home, 545, Dufferin St, Stanstead. Visitation will take place from 12:00 noon to 2:00 p.m. followed by a service at the Home at 2:00 p.m. Donations may be made to Clarence Rolleston.
- 1963 - 2016 Passed away at the CSSS Memphrémagog, on September 25, 2016 at the age of 53, loving wife to John (Jack) Edmond from Stanstead. She is predeceased by her parents Patricia Eryou and James Yetter. Visitation will be held at the Cass funeral home, 545, Dufferin, Stanstead, QC, on Sunday October 2, 2016 from 9:00 to 11 a.m. followed by a celebration of life at the funeral home with Revered Lise Kuzminska officiating. Gayle leaves to mourn her daughters Kiersten and Kylie, her grandson Darius J.D. Edmond and all of her fur babies. She will sadly be missed by her sister Laurie (Guy Beauregard) and their daughters Tammy-Lee and Michelle as well as her half sister Edie. The family wishes to express their heartfelt appreciation to family, friends, neighbors and all those who have given support and help during this very difficult time.
- Passed away peacefully at the CHUS Fleurimont, on Thursday, July 21, 2016 at the age of 86. Beloved wife of the late Gerald Laroche and daughter of the late Vincent Young and Marion Sherman. Dear mother of Garfield (Audrey), Rodney, Gertrude (Doug) and the late Curtis (Pauline). She leaves to mourn her brother Alfred Young ( Lois), her sister-in-law Edna Browne, her grandchildren , great grandchildren, great great grandchildren, nieces, nephews other relatives and friends. Resting at the Funeral Home, on Wednesday July 27th, 2016 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 pm and on Thursday, July 28th from 1 to 2 pm followed by the funeral service at 2 pm. Interment in the Eaton Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations to the charity of your choice would be appreciated.