Searching this page will only find
what you can see on the page.
To search inside all obituaries,
first they must all be visiable.
This can be easily done by
clicking on the small gray square
just below the ABC in the upper
right corner of the page.
NEKG of Vermont does not own copyright to the information on this page.
Each obituary on this page belongs to the originator.
Obituaries are created by the deceased or relatives of the deceased
with the help of funeral homes and are published with the intent of
informing the public of its content.
NEKG (NorthEast Kingdom Genealogy)
of Vermont does own this particular collection, transcription and the
presentation of these materials.
You will need to log in as either Member
or as Guest
in order to view obituaries.
Go back to the Obituaries Index page
to get the guest login information.
(1963-2016) It is with deep sorrow that the family announces the sudden passing of Keith Douglas Andrews, on October 20th, 2016, after bowling at the age of 53. He was the beloved son of and caretaker to Mary Walker Andrews and the late Merritt Andrews. He will be sadly missed by his sister Lana (Ross), brother Corey (Kerry), nieces and nephews Tyler, Tanya, Austin, Emily and Abbie. Visitation will take place at the Funeral Home, on Friday, October 28, 2016 from 1 to 2 p.m. followed by the funeral service at 2 p.m. The family would like to thank all of their friends and family for the help and kind words during this time. Donations to the Vitae Foundation, 375, rue Argyll, Sherbrooke, QC, J1J 3H5, would be greatly appreciated by the family.
Alberts Stolk, Hilda - Hillijge (Hilly) Stolk (née Alberts)
1926-2016. Peacefully passed away at the Argyll Nursing home on Thursday August 18th, 2016 at the age of 90. Predeceased by her husband Marius Stolk, her son Willem (Bill) Stolk, her daughter Nelly Stolk-Durrant, her brothers Jan and Hans and her sisters Aaltje and Corniela. She will be dearly missed by her daughter Sally Stolk (Bruce Laughton), her son-in-law John Durrant, her grandchildren David, Amanda and Chantel Laughton, Edward Durrant (Donna Bernier), Steven Durrant (Elizabeth Bell), her great-grandchildren Mackenzie, Reese, Samantha, her brother Willem, her sister Wilhelmina and her nieces, nephews and extended family in Canada, USA and Holland. Much loved by her family and friends. A private burial and memorial will take place at a later date. In lieu of flowers, donations to Alzheimer Society Canada at: alzheimer.ca/ would be greatly appreciated.
- Passed away at the CHSLD La Sapinière East Angus on May 3rd, 2016 in her 99th year. Beloved wife of the late Floyd Macey. Dear mother of Elsie (Michael), Burton (Margaret) and Edith (Ian). Cherished grandmother of Robert (Dawn), Lisa (Real), Mark, Sara (Cyrille), Karen and Curtis (Holly) and great grandmother of 5. Evelyn will be missed by her nieces, nephews cousins and dear friends. Resting at the Funeral Home, on Thursday, May 12th, 2016 from 7 to 9 pm. There will be a family burial on Friday. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Sawyerville Baptist Church, 33 Cookshire St. Sawyerville, QC J0B 3A0 or to the Mansonville Baptist Church, c/o Helen Bedard, 84 West Hill Rd. Mansonville, QC J0E 1X0 would be appreciated by the family. The family would like to thank the staff at the CLSC Cookshire and also La Sapinière East Angus for the wonderful care given to Mrs Macey.
- Dufferin Richard Annesley was born on September 2, 1927 in the Bennett Settlement. He died peacefully and with courage at the CHUS Hotel Dieu on Saturday, April 30, 2016. Beloved husband of 62 years to Marion (Learmonth); loving father of Irvine (Judith), Linda (Bill), Clancy (Tracey) and the late Tim; grandfather of Richard (Amrita), Marisa (Andrew), Sarah (Adam), Kyle (Kayla) and Tina; and great grandfather of seven. Dear brother of Laura (late Archie Smith) and Ella (late Douglas MacDonald), and brother-in-law to Everett (Lorraine) and Helen (late Eric) and their families. Resting at Funeral Home, where friends may call on Friday, May 6, 2016 from 2 pm to 4 pm and from 7 pm to 9 pm. The family will be present at the Lennoxville United Church on Saturday, May 7, 2016 from 3 pm to 4 pm, followed by the funeral service at 4 pm. Interment in Malvern Cemetery. lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Quebec Lung Association or the A.N.A.F. Unit # 318 (“the Hut”).
- April 19, 1932 - April 16, 2016 Passed away peacefully on Saturday, April 16, 2016. Predeceased by her husband André Lesage. Joyce is survived by her brother Glen Allen (Caroline), her daughter Kim Lesage, and her grandsons Christopher and Jonathan Leblanc. Burial of ashes will take place at a later date at the Holy Ghost Cemetery in Riverside Albert, New Brunswick.
- Beverly James Armstrong passed away on April 12, 2016 in Bermuda surrounded by his family. He is leaving behind his wife Rose-Alice Nault, his daughters Susan (Graham Jack), Lynda (Scott Gellis) and his grand children Erick, Lauren and Andrew. Graveside service will be held at the Ulverton United Cemetery at a later date.
- (1927-2016) At the CIUSSS de l’Estrie Argyll Pavillion, on April 4, 2016, in his 90th year. Husband of the late Yolande Desindes, and son of the late Clarence Aulis and the late Elmira Vancourt. Mr. Aulis leaves to mourn his children Steve (Jessie), Betty (the late Claude Baron), Sidney (Linda), Dale (Johanne), Nancy (Daniel Bergeron) and Terry (Josée); his grandchildren Caroline, Tara, Brian and Anthony; as well as many cousins, other relatives, and friends. Predeceased by the late Stanford and the late Edward Jr. Resting at Funeral Home, 3006 College, Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), on Saturday, April 16, 2016 from 1 pm to 4 pm, followed by the funeral service at 4 pm. Interment in the Eaton Cemetery. The family would like to thank the staff of the St. Francis Manor and the CIUSS de l’Estrie Argyll Pavillion for the excellent care given to Mr. Aulis.
- 1941-2016 Passed away at La Maison Aube Lumiére in Sherbrooke on March 31, 2016 after a long and courageous battle with cancer, cherished partner of Claudette Waite residing in Bury, Quebec. Son of the late Clifford Anderson and the late Mona Jane MacLeod. Orvil leaves to mourn his children Caroline, Marilyne (Mike Belanger), Seneca and Yenseca (Heather Rediker); his beloved grandchildren Jonathan, Yannick, Dakota (Sabrina), Kassandra (Stephane), Chaz and Hunter (Valerie); great grandfather of Nevaeh, Noah, Anabelle and Kyson. Also left to mourn is the mother of his children Marcelle Dostie, as well as many other family members and friends. Visitation will take place on Saturday April 9, at St. Paul’s Anglican Church, 588 Main Street, Bury, Quebec at 2 p.m. followed by a service at 3 p.m. Reverend Lynn Dillabough officiating. In lieu of flowers a donation to La Maison Aube Lumiére, 3071, 12th Avenue North, Sherbrooke, QC J1H 5H3 would be appreciated by the family.
1918-2016 Surrounded by her family, Mrs. Myarl Winola Astbury passed away at the CSSS Memphremagog on March 2nd, 2016 in her 98th year, wife of the late Kenneth Rever and of the late Reg Bishop. Mrs Astbury leaves to mourn her children Allen (Diane) and Ellen (Francis - Buck). She was predeceased by her son Theodore (Liz). She will be sadly missed by her eight grandchildren, her seven great-grandchildren as well as many nephews, nieces, cousins and friends. She loved everyone and loved to have fun. A graveside funeral will be held in the spring. In lieu of flowers, donations sent to the Magog Hospital Foundation, 50, St-Patrice St., Magog, QC, J1X 3X3, would be appreciated by the family.
- 1910-2016 Passed away at the Connaught Home on May 1, 2016, formerly of Coaticook in her 106th year. Beloved wife of the late Frank Hansford. Dear mother of Roy and June (Bill). Fondly remembered by her grandchildren Nancy, Lee, Joanna and William and 10 great grandchildren. Visitation at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke, on Saturday, June 4, 2016 from 1 to 2 pm followed by the funeral service at 2 pm. Burial at Mount Forest Cemetery in Coaticook.
- 1972 - 2016 Mary Ann Brus Thibault passed away suddenly at her home in Ellington, CT, USA, on April 16, 2016, at the age of 43. Beloved wife of Daniel Thibault and treasured daughter of Steve Brus and Alda Dings. In addition to her husband and parents, Mary Ann leaves to mourn her passing, a brother Theodore (Abigail Olson); her sister Suzanne (Robert Carisse); her step-daughter Stephanie; her parents-in-law Roland Thibault and Mary Lou Domey Thibault; her sister-in-law Carol Ann (John Seaver); and brother-in-law David (Erin Pino Thibault). Mary Ann was a loving auntie to Alycia and Eric Carisse; Anika and Willem Brus; and Sean Seaver. She will be sadly missed by her grandmother in the Netherlands, many aunts, uncles, cousins, and other relatives and friends from the Netherlands, Canada and the United States. Mary Ann was a scholar in nursing and a respected professional in the field, nominated twice for the prestigious Nightingale Award for Excellence in Nursing. She excelled in all endeavours and was passionate about gardening, a hobby she shared with her mother and sister. She and her husband, Dan, had many plans for the gardens at their home. Friends and family are invited to extend condolences on Saturday, April 30, 2016, at the St. Barthelemy Church, 895 Clough Street, Ayer’s Cliff, Quebec, from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Funeral mass will follow at the church. In lieu of flowers, donations to your favorite charity or to Doctors Without Borders, 420 Spadina Avenue, Suite 402, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 2T9, would be appreciated by the family.
- August 15, 1932 - March 15, 2016 On Tuesday, March 15th, 2016 at the age of 83, Florence passed away peacefully at Lakeridge Health, Oshawa, ON surrounded by family. Predeceased by her beloved husband of 50 years James McVetty. Cherished mother of Lois (Fred), Kevin (Ivana), Brent (Donna). Adored grandmother to Tyson (Karie), Krista (Mike), Chelsea, Kirstie, Sofia, Caitlin (Ben), Jessica (Ben) and treasured great-grandmother to Elliott, Delaney, Connor, and Brooklynn. Florence will also be fondly remembered by her sisters, brothers, nieces, nephews and many friends. Florence was a former schoolteacher, avid reader and genealogist. Resting at Cass Funeral Home, 15 Station, Sawyerville, on Friday, March 18, 2016 from 2 pm to 4 pm and 7 pm to 9 pm, and on Saturday, March 19, 2016 from 10 am to 11 am; followed by the funeral service at 11 am. Those wishing to honour Florence's memory may give a donation to the Compton County Historical and Museum Society at 374 Rte 253 Cookshire-Eaton, Quebec. J0B 1M0.
- Passed away in Sherbrooke on February 18th, 2016 at the age of 87. Loving husband of the late June McKeown, and dear father of the late Nancy. Dennis leaves to mourn his sister-in-law Patricia, his nephew Michael (Linda) and his niece Cindy and their families. At his request, no funeral service will be held. Donations to the charity of your choice would be appreciated.
- Passed away peacefully at the Wales home, Richmond, on Tuesday February 2nd 2016, Mr. Norman Bishop at the age of 87. Loving husband of the late Lola E. Nicholls, and of Ethelwyn Ewing. Dear stepfather of Brian Taber (Joanne), and Marlene (John Kestle) and loving grandpa of Andrew (Alana) and Brandon. Norman also leaves to mourn his dear nieces; Julie (Gail), Kathy (Jamie) and Donna (Geoff) and his great nieces; Tara, Kristie, Alena, Casie, Robyn, and Jesse, along with many other relatives and dear friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principle S, Richmond, where friends may visit on Friday February 5th from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 PM and on Saturday from 10 to 10:45 AM. A funeral service will be held at the funeral home on Saturday February 6th at 11:00 AM with Mr. Ellis Clark officiating. Interment will take place in the Lachute Protestant Cemetery in the spring. Donations in Norman's memory may be made to the Wales Home Foundation, 506 Rte 243 N. Cleveland, QC J0B 2H0 and would be appreciated.
- Monday, November 7, 2016, at the age of 94, passed away peacefully at the Residence Camille Lefebvre, Lachine, surrounded by her loving family. Regina Beekers beloved wife of the late Godfried Beekers and dear mother of Theresa, Fred (Danielle) and Diana (Joe). Regina was the cherished grand-mother of Jennifer, Micheal, Mindy, Cassy, Christopher, Mitchell and Martin, and of 7 great grand children. Memorial tributes in Mrs Beekers memory can be made to the Quebec Lung association, 222-855 rue Sainte-Catherine Est, Montréal, QC, H2L9Z9. A memorial service will be held at Cass funeral home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke, QC, on November, 18, 2016 at 1 pm. Father Doyon will be officiating. Rust in vrede lieve moeder. Totdat we elkaar weerzien.
- Passed away peacefully at the Palliative Care René-Verrier in Drummondville, QC on Friday, September 30th 2016 at the age of 89. Son of the late Thomas Bell and the late Jane Robinson, of Danville. Visitation will take place at the Danville United Church, 43 Grove St. Danville, QC on Saturday October 8, 2016 from 1 to 3 pm followed by a celebration of life at 3 pm with Ellis Clark. Interment in Danville Protestant Cemetery. Dear brother of Marion (Art Bureau), John and Christina (late Raymond Patterson). Predeceased by his sister Muriel (late Robert Doonan), his brother James (late Marjorie Dunn), his sister Patricia (Donald Marcoux) , as well as his dear friends Everett and Zetta Olney. Joe was a treasured uncle beyond compare and will be sadly missed by his nephew Martin and niece Stephanie and their families. He will also be missed by his loving nieces and nephews: Lynda, Sandy, Terry, Laureen, Jill, Jaqui, Tom, Peter, Paul, Brian, Mark, Kelly, Donna, David and James.
- 1932 – 2016 Mrs. Ethel Bliss passed away at her home in Ayer’s Cliff, on September 15, 2016 in her 84th year, the beloved wife to Leslie for 63 years. Ethel was a loving mother to Laureen (Lee), Katharine and Sandy. She will be sadly missed by her grandchildren Sarah, Gabriel (Bic), Jessica (Mike) and Breanne (Cody), as well as her great-grandchildren Audrey, Malcolm and Josephine. She also leaves to mourn her brother Andrew (Betty Davis) and her brother-in-law Elwyn (Joyce) and her sisters-in-law Lois (late Stanley Cooper), Barbara (Norman Wintle) and Linda (Richard Middleton). She is predeceased by her brother-in-law Douglas (late Evelyn) and sister-in-law Phyllis (Ernie Wintle). She will also be missed by many nieces, nephews, cousins, other relatives and many friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 900, Clough St, Ayer’s Cliff, QC, where friends and family may call on Monday, September 19, 2016 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. A Celebration of Life will be held at the Funeral Home on Tuesday, Sept. 20th at 1:30 p.m. with Reverend Barbara Wintle officiating. Interment will follow in the Fairfax Cemetery. The family wishes to thank the caregivers of the CSSS and CLSC Memphremagog for the excellent care given to Ethel. As a memorial tribute to Ethel, In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Magog Hospital Foundation, 50, rue St-Patrice Est, Magog, QC, J1A 3X3.
- 1949-2016 Passed away on September 1, 2016. Cherished husband of Victoria Currier and dear son of the late Clayton Blair and Hazel Bell. He leaves to mourn his brothers and sister Roland (Lucille), Victor (Barbara) and Barbara (Fred). Predeceased by his sister Rena (the late Herbert) and brother Russell (Ardath). Fondly remembered and loved by many nephews, nieces, cousins and friends. Bob’s sisters-in-law and brothers-in-law Judy (Brian Lassenba) of Sawyerville, Lynda (Tony DeCosmo) of Florida, Cindy Currier and Kathryn SierraWolf of Sawyerville, Jim, Currier (Wanda) and family of Albert , Andrew Currier (Claudia) and family of Prescile Maine. Bob will be deeply missed by Galon, Forrest and Carson Brooks and their family. A graveside service will be held on Saturday, September 10th 2016 at 11 a.m. in the East Clifton Cemetery with Tami Spires officiating. In lieu of flowers, donation to the East Clifton Cemetery, c/o Donna McConnell, 70 Low Forest Rd. Sawyerville, QC, J0B 3A0 would be appreciated.
- (1985-2016) Suddenly, on July 2, 2016 at the CHUS Fleurimont, in her 31st year. Beloved daughter of the late Florence Bishop and step-daughter of Gaston Tardif. Jenny-Lee leaves to mourn her children Julie-Anne and Marc- Alexander, her brother Rock Proulx (Marian) and sister Tina-Louise (friend Tim), as well as her aunts, uncles, cousins, and many friends. Visitation will take place at the Bishopton United Church, 54 Main Street, Bishopton, on July 18, 2016 from 1 pm to 3 pm, followed by the funeral service at 3 pm. Interment in the Lakeside Cemetery. The family would like to thank the staff of the 9th floor Intensive Care Unit at the CHUS Fleurimont and to Nancy Therrien for the excellent care provided to Jenny-Lee. Special thanks to family and friends for their support at this difficult time.
- Peacefully at the Connaught Home, North Hatley, QC, on Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at the age of 93 years. John Charles Boynton beloved husband of the late Dorothy Margaret (Peg) Chitty. John was the loving father of Donald (Wendy) and Peter (Sue-Marie) and cherished grandfather of Sean-Paul. John is survived by his brother Gordon and was the dear uncle of Roger, Everett (June), Orma (David), Mary (David) and also of several great nieces and nephews. In respect of his wishes, cremation was held. In keeping with John’s dedication and deep relationship to both churches in Georgeville, visitation will be held at the Georgeville United Church, on July 9, 2016 from 1 to 2:45 p.m. A Legion Service will be held at 2:45 p.m. Veterans please attend. Service will be followed by the funeral service at St. George's Anglican Church at 3 p.m. The Rev. Canon Dean Ross officiating, assisted by the Rev’s Deane and Doreen Moffat. Interment will follow at the MacPherson Cemetery. As memorial tributes, donations to the Georgeville Historical Society, 4600 Ch. Georgeville, Georgeville, QC J0B 1T0 or to the charity of your choice will be gratefully acknowledged by the family.
- Passed away peacefully at the Centre de Santé de la MRC de Coaticook, on Saturday May 28, 2016 at the age of 76. Beloved father of Glenn (Nancy), Warren and Kevin (Nina). Grandfather of Jared, Chad, Samuel, Jeremy and Amber. Fred also leaves to mourn many brothers, sisters, nieces and nephews. Visitation will be held on Saturday June 4, 2016 at Cass funeral Home, 3006 College Street, Sherbrooke, QC, from 8:30 to 10:00 am. Service will take place at 10:00 am in the chapel of the Funeral Home. Interment in St-Michel cemetery, Sherbrooke. In Lieu of flowers, donations to the Parkinson Quebec, 471-550 Sherbrooke West, West Tower, Montréal, QC, H3A 1B9 would be appreciated by the family.
- (1922-2016) It is with great sadness that the family announces the peaceful passing of Eric Batley at the Hotel Dieu Hospital on Monday, May 16, 2016, in his 94th year. Eric was one of the last surviving Hong Kong Veterans. Husband of the late Jean Lowe. Dear father of Wayne (Shirley Judge) and Debbie (Larry Everett). Cherished grandpa of Amy and Megan Batley and Jessica and Dillon Everett. Resting at the Trinity United Church (190 Principale West, Cookshire) where friends may call on Thursday, May 19, 2016 from 7 pm to 9 pm and on Friday, May 20, 2016 from 1 pm to 1:45 pm. A service by Legion Branch 48 will be held at 1:45 pm, followed by the funeral service at 2 pm with the Reverend Tami Spires officiating. Interment in Grace United Cemetery, Brookbury, QC. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Brookbury Community Center, c/o Austin Bailey, 109 Main, Bishopton, QC, J0B 1G0 would be gratefully acknowledged by the family.
- 1962 - 2016 Rose Marie Buzzell passed away at the CSSS Memphremagog surrounded by her family on Friday May 13th, 2016 at the age of 53. Beloved wife of the late Denis Lacasse and daughter of Muriel Harrison and the late Herbie Buzzell. Marie Rose is survived by her children Brian, Patrick, (Bianca), Sonia (Mathieu) and her grandchildren Liam Reynolds, Derek, Lyla, Xavier, Emrick and Thomas Tellier. She also leaves to mourn her brothers and sisters Gary, Martha, Ronnie, Debra, Andy, Randy and Shirley, as well as many uncles, aunts, cousins, nephews, nieces, other relatives and friends. A graveside burial service will be held on Thursday, May 19th, 2016 at 11:00 a.m. at the Woodside cemetery, Woodside Rd, Beebe, QC with Reverend Barbara Wintle officiating.
- Diane Mary Beland passed away peacefully at home in North Hatley on Wednesday May 4, 2016, in her 71st year. Diane is survived by her daughter Ginette and son Ronald. Beloved grandmother of Amanda, Gabriel, Jerome, Benjamin and Michelle. Dearest sister of Dora (late Andre Leprise), Norman (Elaine), Patrick (Valerie) and Albert. A private graveside service will be held at a later date. In Diane’s memory donations to the MS Society of Canada would be appreciated.
- 1956-2016Peacefully at La Maison Aube-Lumière on the 26th of October, 2016, Dr. Denis Chabot, son of the late Edgar Chabot and the late Sylvia Jolin, at the age of 60. He leaves to mourn his partner Francine Lemay; his children François and Mariève (David Garneau); his partner’s children Amélie Lemay-Choquette and Jean-Sébastien Francoeur (Josiane Vigneault); his grandchildren Olivier, Alexandre and Adam; and his sisters Lise (Yves Claprood), Ginette and Irène. Predeceased by his brother Omer. He also leaves the mother of his children, Linda Tozzi, his many nieces and nephews, his brothers and sisters-in-law of the Lemay family, many other relatives and friends, and all of the esteemed colleagues who shared his career of dentistry. Resting at the Résidence funéraire Windsor, 310, rue St-Georges, Windsor, on Friday, October 28, 2016 from 2 pm to 4 :30 pm and from 7 pm to 10 pm, and on Saturday, October 29, 2016 from 9 am to 11 am. Funeral services on Saturday, October 29, 2016 at the Saint-François-Xavier Church at 11:30 am. Interment in the St-François-Xavier-de-Brompton cemetery at a later date. The family would like to extend their warmest thanks to the staff of La Maison Aube-Lumière for their devotion, their competence, their passion and the extraordinary care they provide. A special thank you to Dre. Chantal Doyon as well as the staff of the CLSC in Cookshire. In memory of Denis, the family asks that donations be made to La Maison Aube-Lumière. Forms will be available at the funeral home.
- 1940 - 2016 Passed away at the CHUS-Hôtel Dieu on August 22, 2016 in his 76th year. He leaves to mourn his life companion Mary Levasseur, his daughter Lisa Buzzell, his sons Tony, Andy and Lewis Jr. Coulombe as well as his step-children Lynn, Michel, Éric and Julie. He will also be missed by his grandchildren, cousins, other relatives and friends. Visitation will be held at the Cass funeral Home, 900, Clough St., Ayer’s Cliff, on Saturday September 3, 2016 from 9:00 to 11:30 a.m. A celebration of life will follow at the funeral home with Rev. Barbara Wintle officiating.
- Gisele Compagna Danforth passed away Wednesday, July 27, 2016 in her 90th year at the St-Vincent de Paul residence. Daughter of the late Exilia Gosselin and the late Moise Compagna. Pre-deceased by her loving husband Phillip Edward Danforth. Gisele leaves to mourn her children Midge (Rene Parent), Robert (Susan Langlois), Rita, Debra (Andre Daigneault), Phyllis (Alain Rouleau), and Philip (Renée Bibeau), her 15 grandchildren, and her 23 great-grandchildren. She also leaves to mourn her sister Georgette Compagna and sister-in-law Monique Joley Compagna (late Paul). Also survived by the extended family of Phillip Edward Danforth. Gisele was the sister of the late Lionel Compagna, the late Paul Compagna and the late George Compagna. Resting at Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College, Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), on Friday, July 29, 2016 from 2 pm to 4 pm and from 7 pm to 9 pm. The family will be present at St.George’s Church, 84 Queen, Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), on Saturday, July 30, 2016 from 10 am to11 am, followed by the funeral service at 11 am with the Ven. Dean E. Ross officiating. Interment in Malvern cemetery. A sincere and heartfelt thank you to the devoted staff of the Résidence St-Vincent de Paul 2A. In lieu of flowers a donation can be made to the Fondation Vitae, attention du comité de loisirs, 300 rue King Est, Sherbrooke, QC, J1G 1B1 or to the Cancer Research Department at the CHUS.
- At the CHUS Fleurimont, on July 20th 2016, Lizzie Eleanor Cooper passed away peacefully at the age of 100 years and 4 months. Mrs. Cooper is predeceased by her husbands Allan Moore, Douglas Baldwin and Ashley Stalker. She was also predeceased by her brothers Morton and Douglas and sister Irene. She leaves to mourn her special friend Jim Beattie, many friends from the Wales Home, nieces, nephews, cousins and all the acquaintances made over the last century. She had been a member of the Eastern Star for 60 years and an active member of the Melbourne Presbyterian Church. She is returning home for a well-deserved rest at Chrystal Lake Cemetery in her beloved Stanstead. A graveside funeral service will be held for family and friends on Saturday July 23, 2016 at 3:00 p.m. at the Chrystal Lake cemetery, Fairfax Rd, Stanstead, QC. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Wales Home Foundation, 506 Rte 243 North, Cleveland, QC, J0B 2H0, or to the Chrystal Lake Cemetery, 2250, Curtis Rd, Stanstead, J0B 3E0, would be appreciated.
- Passed away at home on May 4, 2016 at the age of 69 years. Beloved wife of Serge (Bob) Boyer and cherished mother of Dean (Trisha Keough) and Kim (Sandra Hommond). Beloved grandmother of Morgan, Rachael, Kayla, Nathan and Devon. She also leaves to mourn her sister Dawn (Clement Vien), and her brothers Sonny (Randi) and Hudson (Pat) Vallieres. A funeral service will be held on Monday May 9, 2016 at 11 a.m. at the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principal South, Richmond, QC. The family would like to thank the ambulance technicians for their dedicated service. In lieu of flowers, donations to a charity of your choice would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- (1930-2016) Passed away following a courageous battle with cancer on April 6, 2016, at the Wales Home in Richmond, in his 86th year. Charley is survived by his loving wife Eileen Bennett; his children Sheila (Steve Mitchell), Michael and Terry (the late Lorna); his grandchildren Joshua and Torrey Mitchell, Colby Clarke, and Daniel and Tara Clarke; as well as his six great-grandchildren. As per his wishes, a graveside service will be held at a later date.
- Mrs. Rhéola Cloutier Macfarlane passed away peacefully at the CSSS Memphremagog on March 31st, 2016 at the age of 85, beloved wife to the late Alexandre (Sandy) MacFarlane. Visitation will be held at the Cass funeral, 545, Dufferin St, Stanstead, QC, on Friday April 8th, 2016 from 9 :00 to 11 h30 a.m. and from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. A memorial service will follow at the funeral home. Mrs. Cloutier Macfarlane leaves to mourn her children Jo-Anne (Michel) and Mark (Stéphanie); her grand-children Micael (Jennifer), Samuel (Sara), Jérémi (Marie-Pier) as well as her great grand-children Kali and Dominic. She will be sadly missed by her brother Réal (Aline) and her brother in-law and sisters in-law Beulah (the late Roger), Jessie (the late Don) and George (the late Carmel). She is predeceased by her sister Doreine (Omer) and her brothers Berchmance (Ti-boy) (the late Marie-Laure) and Raymond. She also will be missed by many cousins, nephews, nieces, other relatives and friends. The family wishes to thank care givers of the CLSC Memphrémagog for the excellent care and especially to Steve, Suzie, Marie-Ève Dubois and Marielle Masse, as well as to staff of the palliative care unit of the du CSSS Memphrémagog. Donations to the Frontier Animal Society, 2405, Griffin, Ogden, QC J0B 3E3, would be appreciated by the family.
- October 10, 1924 - March 20, 2016 Reta passed away at the Wales Home, Richmond, Que., on Sunday, March 20th with her daughter by her side. She was predeceased by her husband Omer Drouin (March 2nd, 2004). She was much loved by her daughter Linda (Brian Kydd) and her son Larry (Catherine Doucette). She cherished her grandchildren Shane Kydd (Kelly), Shanna Kydd (Pete), Corey Kydd, Patrick Drouin (Michelle), Daniel Drouin (Krista) and Nicole Drouin. She adored her great-grandchildren Alison, Andrew, Kelsea, Liam, Tyler, Tanner, Savannah, Paisley and Gibson. She also leaves many nieces and nephews. A private graveside ceremony will be held at a later date. The family would like to thank the nurses and caregivers on Norton 3 at the Wales Home. Those wishing to honour Reta’s memory may give donations to Eaton Cemetery, c/o Nadia Boutin, 255 Wheeler Rd., Cookshire, QC J0B 1M0. Mom you suffered from kidney failure for over a year, a cure was not to be found, with tearful eyes I watched you fade away day by day. I could only hold your hand. God broke our hearts to prove to us he only takes “the Best.” R.I.P. Your loving daughter Linda.
- Passed away peacefully at home on Monday, February 22, 2016 in his 70th year. Beloved father of Jami and Jayson (Jacky), and proud grandpa to Maddisen and Miah. He leaves to mourn his loving partner Rosemary Knox; her children Brent (Jennifer), Andrew (Frances), and Erin (Ruth); as well as the mother of his children, Vicki Hughes-Games. Visitation will take place at Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College, Sherbrooke, on Thursday, February 25, 2016 from 5 pm to 9 pm, and on Friday, February 26, 2016 from 10 am to 11 am. A funeral service will follow at 11 am in the Cass Chapel. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Canadian Cancer Society (3330 King Ouest #130, Sherbrooke, QC, J1L 1C9), or to the charity of your choice would be greatly appreciated.
- 1931 - 2016 M. Omer Duquette passed away at the CSSS Memphrémagog on Thursday October 20, 2016 at the age of 85. Beloved husband of the late Doreine Cloutier. Resting at the Cass funeral Home, 545, Dufferin, Stanstead, Qc, where family and friends may call on Saturday, October 29, 2016 from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. A celebration of life will follow at the funeral home. Internment at the Mont Ste-Marie cemetery in Stanstead. Mr. Duquette leaves to mourn his children Suzanne (Robert), Jean et Robert (France). He was predeceased by his son Pierre (Laura). He was a loving grandfather to Mélissa (Gary), Justin-Pier (Kylie), Gabriel (Paige), Ariane, Jessica, Zachary (Jessica) and Alexandre, and great-grandfather to Wellington, Willow, Eva, Olivier, Lévi and Payton. He will sadly be missed by his sister Bernadette (Ronald) and many other relatives and friends. The family would like to thank the caregivers on the 6th floor of the CSSS Memphremagog for the wonderful care given to M. Duquette.
- 1945 - 2016 Passed away peacefully at the CSSS Memphrémagog on Thursday, October 13, 2016 at the age of 71 years. Angela was the precious daughter of the late Joseph Distéfano and the late Pierrette Beaudin. In order to respect Angela’s wishes, the will be no visitation. Funeral services will be held on Saturday October 22, 2016 at 11:00 a.m. at the Sacré-Cœur Church in Stanstead. The family will be present at the church as of 10:00 a.m. to receive condolences from family and friends. Internment will follow at the Mont Ste-Marie cemetery. She leaves to mourn her friend Richard Vallée as well as her cherished sisters Anna (Laurier Labbé), Josie, Ida (Dale Bullock) and loving brother Antonio (France Bachand). She is predeceased by her brothers Mickey (Ruth Fraser), Claude and Pierre. She will also be sadly missed by the Vallée family, the family of Oscar Beaudin and Josiphine Sevigny as well as many cousins, nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. As a tribute to her memory, donations to Diabetes Quebec, 8550 Boul. Pie IX, suite 300, Montréal, QC, H1Z4G2, would be appreciated by the family.
- 1930 - 2016 Passed away at the CSSS Memphrémagog, on September 3, 2016 at the age of 86, loving husband of Jannetje (Jan) Binnekamp and living in Massawippi. Visitation will be held at the Cass funeral home, 900, Clough St, Ayer’s Cliff, on Saturday September 10, 2016, from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. A celebration of life will follow at the funeral home. Besides his wife, Mr. Dezan leaves to mourn his son Douglas and his grandchildren Andrew, Philip and Ashley. He also leaves to mourn his brothers, sisters, cousins, nephews, nieces, other relatives and many friends.
- Carl Dillon passed away at the Wales Home Richmond, Quebec on September 1, 2016 in his 95th year. He was predeceased by his wife Ruth Dillon. (January 13, 2013. He leaves to mourn his daughters Donna (Ray) Carolyn (Terry); his grandchildren Lisa (Pat), Greg (Ann-Marie), Jamie (Pam), Robyn (Rob), and Kelly (Rob); and his great grandchildren Daniel, Liam, Jaxon, Rielyn, Ben, Ava, Gillian, Sydney and Riley. A funeral service will be held on Saturday, September 24, 2016 in the Maple Leaf Cemetery, Randboro, QC, with a Legion service at 1;30 pm, and the funeral service at 2 pm. The family would like to thank the nurses and caregivers on Norton 3 at the Wales Home. Those wishing to honor Carl may make donations to the Maple Leaf Cemetery c/o Linda Fisk - 67 Robert Peel, Sherbrooke, Quebec JIM-1X5.
- Peacefully at the CHUS Fleurimont, on August 31, 2016. Predeceased by her husband, Paul, and all or her sisters and brothers. Joyce leaves to mourn her children: Dennis, Pamela (Pat), Darlene (Mark), Richard (Lisa) and Linda (Earl); her grandchildren Stacy (Jon), Emily (Shawn), Kacie, Cody, Sara, Jenny and Emma; and her great-granddaughter McKenna; as well as several nieces, nephews and their spouses. As per Joyce`s wishes, a private burial was held on September 3, 2016 at the St-Andrews Cemetery, Melbourne. The family wishes to thank the 9th floor at the CHUS Fleurimont and also the Wales Home for all their care given to our mother.
- 1956 - 2016 After a long battle with cancer, Johanne Deboer passed away at the CSSS Memphrémagog on August 13, 2016 at the age of 60. Wife of Lee Dezan and daughter of the late Carla Goseling and the late John Deboer. Visitation will be held at the Cass funeral home, 900, Clough St., Ayer’s Cliff, on Thursday August 18th, 2016 from 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. A private graveside service will be held the following day. Besides her husband, Johanne leaves to mourn her sons David Brus (Manon Patrie) and Richard Brus (Lily Beth Tovar) as well as her loving grandchildren Kevin, Meagan, Kayte, Emily and Hailey. She was a sister to Marion (Philip Bowen), Andre (Judy Wellman), Carole (Mike Stoddard) and Cathy (Alex Perry-Gore). She will also sadly be missed by many cousins, nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends The family wishes to thank the doctors, nurses and staff of the CHUS Fleurimont, CSSS Memphremagog (Hospital and Palliative care unit) and Place Sanborn for making this journey peaceful for our beloved Johanne. Donations to these organizations would be appreciated by the family.
- 1928 - 2016 Passed away at the C.S.S.S. Memphremagog on Thursday, July 28, 2016 at the age of 87, son of the late Rodolphe Deslandes and the late Alice Simard. Mr. Deslandes leaves to mourn his son Alton and his sister Alice Charbonneau. Mr. Deslandes was born in Troy Vermont and raised in Granby as well as in Lowell VT. His adult years were spent in Stanstead running a small business. He was a member of the the Masonic Golden Rule Lodge No. 5. Visitation will be held at the Cass funeral Home, 545, Dufferin, Stanstead, QC on Thursday, August 4, 2016 from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
- Passed away peacefully at the CHLSD La Sapinière East Angus on May 8th, 2016 in her 93rd year. Beloved wife of the late Gerald Dillon.Dear mother of Geraldine, Michael and Brian. Cherished grandmother of Alana (Eric L’Ecuyer). A private family graveside service was held on May 11th, 2016 at St. Anthony’s cemetery in Lennoxville. As a tribute to her memory, donations to the Arthritis Society (380 Saint-Antoine Street West, Suite 3280, Montreal, QC, H2Y 3X7), the Alzheimer’s Society (740 Galt Ouest, suite 112, Sherbrooke, QC, J1H 1Z3), or St. Anthony’s cemetery (c/o St-Michel Cemetery, 635 St-Michel, Sherbrooke, QC, J1E 2L2) would be greatly appreciated. The family would like to thank the staff at La Sapinière and the CLSC Cookshire for the wonderful care she received.
- 1946 - 2016 Surrounded by his family, Mr. Burton Dolloff passed away at the CSSS Memphremagog on March 26th 2016 at the age of 69, beloved husband of Betty Williamson and son of the late Cecil Dolloff and the late Dorothy Gustin. Other than by his wife Betty, Burt will be sadly missed by his children Phillip (Karyn), Cathy (Frank), Michael (Melissa) and Jimmy (Meghann) as well as his grandchildren Carrie, Shawn, Justin, Emma, Travis, Chad, Derek, Hailey and Zachery He also leaves to mourn his sister, sisters-in-law, brothers-in-law as well as many cousins, nephews, nieces and friends. The family wishes to extend their appreciation to the staff of the CHUS hospital and especially to the staff of the palliative care unit in Magog for the excellent care given to Burt. They also wish to extend their heartfelt thanks to family and friends for their sympathies, cards, food and thoughtfulness. As per his wishes, there will no service. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Canadian Cancer Society, 5151, boul. de l’Assomption, Montréal, Québec, H1T 4A9, would be appreciated by the family.
- 1943-2016 Marielle Desbiens Bernais passed away peacefully surrounded by her family at the CHUS Fleurimont, on Wednesday, February 3rd 2016, at the age of 72. Dear daughter of the late Eudore Desbiens and the late Julienne Isabelle. Marielle is survived by her loving husband Alex Bernais; her cherished children Lisa (late Russell Phaneuf), Larry (Emilie Simard) and Yves; as well as her precious grandchildren: Nathaniel Phaneuf, Chelsea Phaneuf and Sarah Bernais. She will be sadly missed by her brothers, sisters, brother and sisters-in-law, cousins, nephews, nieces, other family members and friends. Visitation for family and friends will take place at the Cass funeral home, 545, Dufferin, Stanstead, on Thursday, February 11th, 2016 from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. and from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. and on Friday, February 12th, 2016 from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. A celebration of life will follow at the funeral home with Reverend Lise Kuzminska officiating. Interment will follow at the McPherson cemetery in Georgeville. The family would like to thank the caregivers of the intensive care unit, 9th floor, for the excellent care provided to Mrs. Desbiens Bernais. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Children’s wish Foundation – Music Fest 2016, c/o Christine Willey, 4990, Nutbrown, Waterville, QC, J0B 3H0, would be greatly appreciated.
- 1928-2016 Elaine Evans passed away peacefully on August 12 at Hotel Dieu Hospital in Sherbrooke. The daughter of the late William and Angela Evans of Huntingville, Quebec, Elaine took great pleasure in having an expanding and loving family. Her sister, Ruth, brother Dick and his wife, Marina, and the late Philip and Leah Wright were her immediate family. Elaine enjoyed each of her nieces, nephews, and their spouses: Evans --Angela (Graham); Jennifer (Bruce);Thomas (Lumi); Richard (Jennifer); Tim and (Dione); Wright--Janet (Richard); Pamela(Peter); Daniel (Lynne); Stephen; and Alan. Elaine happily observed the development of 14 great nieces and nephews, and most recently Lillian Maria Ridley, a great-great niece in Ottawa. Elaine graduated from Lennoxville High School, Bishop's University, MacDonald College School for Teachers, and Middlebury College, Vermont. Her professional career spanned 40 years and experienced many challenges and changes, all of which she managed with her customary intelligence, wit, tenacity, and grace. She will be remembered for her love of singing and beautiful voice; for her love of family and generous spirit; for her sense of humour and fun; and for her enduring faith in God. Many thanks to Hotel Dieu palliative staff for their kindness and care. Donations in Elaine's memory may be sent to Malvern Cemetery, Box 306, Sherbrooke, J1M 1Z5.
- Passed away peacefully at the CSSS Memphrémagog on August 18, 2016 in her 74th year. Beloved wife of the late Capt. Peter Foulkes. Daughter of the late Harry and Edith (McAvinue) DeLuca. Loving mother of Bryan Carruthers (Joanne) and David Carruthers (Sally). Cherished grandmother (Anna) of Derrick, Lyanne and Tyler. She leaves to mourn her brother Greg DeLuca (Judy) and sister-in-law Sandra (the late Ronald Morin), along with several nieces and nephews. A sincere and heartfelt thank you to Dr. Anne Surprenant, Susie Adam, RN, the devoted staff of the CSSS Memphrémagog (Palliative Care Unit), Amy, Bonnie and Francine. A private family graveside memorial will be held at Marlington Cemetery, Ogden, QC. Donations in Marianna’s memory may be sent to; Massawippi Retirement Communities,Dr. W.J. Klinck Foundation,1501 Campbell St., Sherbrooke,QC J1M 0C1 L'Envolée at CSSS de Memphrémagog, 50 St-Patrice East, Magog, QC J1X 3X3
- (1925-2016) Passed away peacefully at the CHUS Hôtel-Dieu on July 28, 2016, at the age of 91. Beloved wife of the late Clovis Côté and daughter of the late Judson and Eliza Farwell. She leaves to mourn her 4 children: Richard (Carole Huppé), David (Chantal Bernier), Robert and Louise; her 8 grandchildren: Simon, Hélène, Caroline, Eric, David, Sabrina, Roxanne and Michael; her 6 great-grandchildren: Olivier, Mathieu, Nellie, Adam, Lorianne and William; her sisters Norma and Jean(late Louis Monty); her brother Donnie (Olene); and many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College, Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), on Monday, August 1, 2016 from 2 pm to 4 pm and 7 pm to 9 pm, and on Tuesday, August 2, 2016 from 10 am to 11 am, followed by the funeral service at 11 am. Interment in Notre-Dame-de-la-Paix Cemetery, Johnville, QC. The family would like to give special thanks to the personnel at the St-Francis Manor for their dedication, the staff at the CHUS Hôtel-Dieu, and also to Dr. Zoltan Ferenczi and Dr. John Robb.
- Lillian Hall passed away peacefully at the CHSLD in Magog, on February 26, 2016 in her 110th year. She was born in East Bolton on September 30th, 1906, daughter of the Late Herman Fletcher and the late Maude Gilman. Lillian was predeceased by her husband Harry Hall and her son Donald Hall (Margaret McPherson). She will be lovingly missed by her grandchildren Marilyn, Jayne, Kathy and Christy; her great grandchildren Ashley, Jenna, Lyndsay, Brandon, Megan and Erin; her great great grandchildren Xavier, Priya, Zander, Pablo and Declan as well as her step grandchildren and step great grandchildren. The family wishes to thank the doctors, nurses and caregivers of the CHSLD Magog for the care provided to Lillian. At her wishes, there will be no funeral service at this time. A graveside service will be held in the Spring/Summer of 2016.
- 1921-2016 Passed away at the CSSS Memphrémagog on June 15th, 2016 in his 95th year. Beloved husband of the late Carrie Laro Lepitre. Gerald leaves to mourn his sons Larry (Mary) and Gerald (Maxine); his grandchildren Jeff (Grace), Justin (Marianne) and Sirena (Matt) as well as by his great grandchildren: Eliane, Kristen, Danielle, Leo and Thea. He will also be missed by numerous nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. Gerald was predeceased by his brothers and sister Arthur, Valmore, John, Wilfred, Rose and Robert. The family wishes to extend a special thank you to Susie, Steve and Marie-Ève from the CLSC as well as to the staff at the Palliative care unit at the Memphremagog hospital for the wonderful care and compassion provided to Gerald. Visitation will be held on Friday July 1st, 2016 from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. at the Cass Funeral Home, 545, Dufferin St., Stanstead. A celebration of life will follow at the funeral home with Rev. Barbara Wintle officiating. Interment will take place at a later date.
- 1949-2016. Mildred Gustin Harrison passed away suddenly on January 31st, 2016 at the CHUS-Fleurimont in her 66th year. Loving wife of Kenneth Harrison from Ayer’s Cliff, Mildred is predeceased by her parents Bernal Gustin and Margaret Higginson as well as her sister Edna (Stanley). She leaves to mourn her brothers and sisters: Mary-Lou, Laura (late Clifford), Avon (Nancy), Richard (Colleen), Harold (Nicole), Danny (Lynn) and Marilyn (Larry). She also will be missed by many nephews, nieces, cousins, other relatives and friends. To honour Mildred’s wishes a private funeral service will be held in the spring.
- 1925 – 2016. Passed away peacefully at Les Jardins de Magog residence, on January 15th, 2016 at the age of 90. George had a successful career working in the military, the RCMP and in security at Vickers Shipyard in Montreal. George leaves to mourn his loving wife of 63 years Phyllis Rowe; his children Bob (Ruth), Anne and Susan (Serge); his grandchildren Eric, Mark and Daniel Gauthier, Jaime and Christie Pearce and Chlöe Shahinian; his great-grandson Benjamin Schwalb. He also leaves his sisters-in-law Pauline (Bob) and Caroline (late Bruce), nieces and nephew and many caring friends, as well Chuck the cat. As requested by George, a simple graveside ceremony honouring his life with family and friends, will be held in the spring at the St-Thomas Westbury Cemetery (East Angus). The family wishes to express a special thanks to Dr. Jacques Trudel, the very considerate and attentive staff of Les Jardins de Magog, home caregiver Suzi, as well as the many caregivers from the CLSC.
- 1956 - 2016 Passed away in Toronto, Ontario, on September 2, 2016 at the age of 60. She was a loving wife to Nelson Hamilton and loving daughter of Alice and Gilbert Flanders, formally from Stanstead. Visitation will be held at the Cass funeral Home, 545, Dufferin, Stanstead, QC, on Saturday September 10, 2016 from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. and from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. A celebration of life will follow at the funeral home. She leaves to mourn her son Alex (Nicole), her daughter Saraha (Kenny) as well as her grandchildren Colby and Cole. She will sadly be missed by her brothers, sisters, cousins, nephews, nieces, other relatives and friends. She is predeceased by her sister Helen.
- Harold Ford Hunting, left us on Monday, October 24, 2016 at the age of 106. He was predeceased by his wife Marjorie Henderson. He leaves behind sons: David, Jim, Richard and Darel; daughters-in-law: Cora, Heather, Bonnie and Larissa, grandchildren Danny (deceased), Darlene, Jennifer, Debbie, Sharon, Garrett, Alice, Justine, Emily and Thomas and 5 great grandchildren. He also leaves behind his dear sister Ruth James, and many nieces, nephews and friends. There will be a visitation at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), on Friday, October 28th, 2016, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Given the time of year, there will be a memorial service next June at the Huntingville Universalist Church. The family wishes to express their sincere gratitude for the medical care Harold Hunting received over the years at the CHUS and the Coaticook Hospital. Special thanks are given to Dr. Tamas Fulop, Dr. Nadia Caron and Dr. Suzanne Banfill.
- Passed away peacefully at the Wales Home, Richmond, on October 20, 2016 in her 87th year. Dorothy Jean Oldford, beloved wife of the late Frederick Hess and dear mother of Joseph and Walter, cherished grandmother of Melissa, Nuqlu, Fred and Jacob, great-grandmother of Margaret, Amanda. Christopher, Luka, Taina and Lillian. Dot also leaves to mourn nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principale St. S. Richmond, 295 Principale St. Richmond, QC where friends may visit on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. followed by the funeral service at 2 p.m. Interment in the Windsor Protestant Cemetery. As memorial tributes, donations to the Wales Home, 506 Rte 243 North, Cleveland, QC J0B 2H0 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Peacefully at the Connaught Home in North Hatley, Quebec in her 93rd year on October 20, 2016. Beloved wife of the late George Heath. Dear mother of the late Sharon (Bill Thorneloe), Brian (Patricia), Forrest (Elizabeth) and Dale. Grandmother of Christopher (Marie), Jennifer (Lyndon), Charlotte, Wendy (Scott), William (Alissia), Julie (Michael), Sarah (Steven), Jennifer (Corey), Charlene, and James (Julie). Great-grandmother to 21 great-grandchildren. Predeceased by her sister, Mae; survived by her brother Basil (Joan) and sister Caroline (the late Bruce). A family graveside service was held at the Westbury Cemetery (Town of Westbury, QC), lead by the Rev. Heather Thomson, on Saturday, October 29, 2016. Arrangements were entrusted to the Cass Funeral Home (Lennoxville). If family and friends so desire, contributions to the Dr. W.J. Klinck Foundation, 1501 rue Campbell, Sherbrooke, QC J1M 0C1 would be appreciated. Contributions would be used for the Grace Village Construction Project.
- Peter Holland, loving husband of Anne (Lord) and father of Michael and Tara, passed away in Sherbrooke on August 19, 2016, after a short battle with cancer. He went very peacefully, surrounded by his family. Peter had an unfailingly positive outlook on life, and said only of this devastating diagnosis, “I have had a great 78 years”. Kindness and generosity were his defining qualities; he loved nothing more than helping others. He was a people person and very involved and well respected in the Lennoxville community. Most of all he was a family man, content to enjoy simple pleasures with his family and close friends. He will be dearly missed. A private service was held on August 27 at Malvern cemetery. The family is very grateful to the wonderful staff in the Hôtel-Dieu palliative care ward, where Peter lived out his last 7 weeks and was, in his words, “treated like a king”. Donations to this ward in Peter’s name would be welcomed.
- June 17, 1924 - May 28, 2016 Dorothy, in her ninety- second year, passed away peacefully at the Sturgeon Community Hospital in St. Albert, AB on Saturday, May 28, 2016. She will be lovingly remembered by her son, Robert (Shirley Lloyd) and granddaughter, Whitney of Bury, Quebec; daughter, Leona; grandson, Tony (Lynne Marie Postovit); great-grandson, Mason of St. Albert, Alberta; brother, George (Ruth Grey) of Orillia, Ontario; as well as many nieces and nephews; and family friend, Bob Cox. Dorothy was predeceased by her loving husband, Leon Hodge (July 15, 1920 – October 8, 1957); sister, Cora Berwick; brothers: Melvin, Earl, Howard, Gene, Allan Grey; and son-in-law, Charles Lessard. A Funeral Service will be held at 11:00 a.m., on Thursday, June 9, 2016 at St. Paul's Anglican Church in Bury, Quebec, with family present to greet the public at10:00 a.m. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Canadian Cancer Society, #201, 9452 – 51 Avenue, Edmonton, AB, T6E 5A6 or the Canadian Heart and Stoke Foundation, 10985-124 Street NW, Edmonton, AB, T5M 0H9 will be gratefully acknowledged by the family.
- August 22, 1921 – May 25, 2016. It is with deep sadness that we announce the passing of Evelyn. Beloved wife for 68 years to Bill Planche; cherished mom of Jane (Fred Lazier) and Don (Susan Towne), and devoted Grandmother (Nanny) to Lindsay, Tim, Sean, Sabrina, Mackenzie (deceased), and Alex. She will be missed by her sisters; Eileen, Lois, and Helen. Predeceased by brothers Billy (Jean) and Delbert. Evelyn was born in Inverness, Quebec. She moved to the Sherbrooke area as a young lady where she met Bill and settled down to raise a family in Belvedere Heights/Lennoxville. Later in her life, she and Bill moved to Pointe Claire, Quebec, and remained in her own home until a sudden stroke on May 8th lead to her passing. Those wishing to pay their respects are invited to Cass Funeral home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke in Lennoxville, on Saturday June 11th. Visitation will be from 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm, followed by a funeral service and reception. Special thanks to the staff at the Jewish General Hospital who helped to make her final days as comfortable as possible.
- 1923-2016 Peacefully at the Wales Home in Richmond Quebec on April 9, 2016. Beloved wife of the late Leslie James Humphries. Survived by her daughters, Joyce (Edward) and Ruth (Paul) as well as her granddaughters Ruth (Tim), Dawn (Will), Jennifer and Heather and great grandchildren Liam and Caleb. She will be missed by her sister-in-law Esther, her nieces and nephews. Special thanks to her devoted friend Sarah for her unending support. A funeral service will be held Saturday April 16, 2016 at 2:00 pm at St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, 256 Rue Queen, Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), with visitation one hour prior to the service. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations to St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, the Word of Grace or the charity of your choice would be appreciated.
- July 5, 1918 – January 15, 2016 Peacefully, at the Grace Christian Home on January 15, 2016, in her 98th year. Wife of the late Robert (Bob) Shepherd Sr. and daughter of the late Ralph Howe and the late Mildred Carr. Genevieve leaves to mourn her son Robert (Janet McGovern) and daughter Roberta (Ron Clark); her grandchildren Danny (France) and Chris (Marilyn); her great-grandchildren Jaret, Logan and Brett; and her step-great-granddaughter Amélié St. Pierre (Sebastien).Genevieve was predeceased by her sisters Thelma, Leona, Alta, Phyllis, and Olive, and by her brother Kenneth. She will be dearly missed by her many nieces, nephews, relatives, and friends. Resting at Cass Funeral Homes, 3006 College, Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), on Friday, January 22, 2016 from 2 pm to 4 pm and 7 pm to 9 pm. Funeral services will take place at 11 am on Saturday, January 23, 2016 at St. George’s Church, 84 Queen, Sherbrooke (Lennoxville). Reverend Curtis Patterson officiating. Interment in Compton Cemetery in the spring. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Dr. W.J. Klinck Foundation (c/o Massawippi Christian Retirement Homes, 1501 rue Campbell, Sherbrooke, QC, J1M 0C1) would be greatly appreciated.