Searching this page will only find
what you can see on the page.
To search inside all obituaries,
first they must all be visiable.
This can be easily done by
clicking on the small gray square
just below the ABC in the upper
right corner of the page.
NEKG of Vermont does not own copyright to the information on this page.
Each obituary on this page belongs to the originator.
Obituaries are created by the deceased or relatives of the deceased
with the help of funeral homes and are published with the intent of
informing the public of its content.
NEKG (NorthEast Kingdom Genealogy)
of Vermont does own this particular collection, transcription and the
presentation of these materials.
You will need to log in as either Member
or as Guest
in order to view obituaries.
Go back to the Obituaries Index page
to get the guest login information.
- 1940-2015 Passed away at the CHUS Fleurimont, on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 at the age of 75. Beloved wife of the the late Robert Smerdon. Dear mother of Susan (Joe) and Cindy (Roger). Cherished grandmother of Brianna, Kylie and Kieran. She leaves to mourn her brothers and sisters Rhoda (Claude), Brian (Jan), Sheila (Germain),Graydon (Brenda) and her sister-in-law Elaine (the late Neil), along with several nieces and nephews. Predeceased by her brother Terry ( Maureen) and her sister Linda (Eric). Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), on Friday, December 18, 2015 from 1 to 3 pm followed by the funeral service at 3 pm. Rev Heather Thomson officiating. Interment in the Malvern Cemetery. The family would like to thank the nephrology floor at the CHUS Fleurimont for the care given to Mom. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Kidney Foundation, of Canada 2300, boul. René-Lévesque Ouest, Montréal, QC H3H 2R5 would be appreciated.
- Normand LaPenna 1964-2015 Normand LaPenna is now resting in peace after his long battle with cancer. Normand was predeceased by his mother Victorine Flanders. He will be forever missed by his wife Lyne and their children Amelie (Yanick), Britany and Cody (Melanie). He leaves to mourn his father Arthur LaPenna (Diane); his sister Lisa (Troy); Lyne’s parents Raymond Bedard and Rhrea Boisvert; Lyne’s sister Lisa (Andre) and their daughter Lea. He also leaves behind many aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces, cousins and many friends. Visitation will be held at the Cass Funeral Home in Stanstead on October 30th, 2015 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.; followed by a funeral service at the funeral home at 1:00 p.m. Interment will follow at Mont Ste-Marie Cemetary. In lieu of flower donations to the Canadian Cancer Society, 5151, boul. de L’Assomption, Montreal, Qc, H1T 4A9 would be appreciated. The family would like to extend a special thank you to doctor David Fortin and the entire neuro-oncology team at the CHUS – Fleurimont for the care given to Normand.
- Passed peacefully at the Wales Home on October 14, 2015. beloved wife of Clinton Bice in her 89th year. Also wife of the late John Austin and the late Harold Buchanan and step mother to the late June and Maureen Buchanan. Dear daughter of the late Fred and Ella Luce, sister of the late Dorothy (the late Albert Sage), the late Katherine (the late Jack Ewart), the late Alice (the late Everett Bryant and the late Douglas Laroche), the late Ronald (Lena Towers), the late Douglas (Marguerite Waldron), the late Donald (the late Irene Shadbolt), Margaret (the late Ernest Stone), Albert (Lois Cutts), and Wendell. She leaves to mourn many friends, nieces and nephews. Resting at Cass Funeral Home (3006 College, Sherbrooke, QC) on October 31, 2015. Visitation will be between 11 am and 1 pm, followed by the funeral service, the Reverend Barbara Wintle officiating. Interment at the Moe's River cemetery. To honor Geraldine's memory, in lieu of flowers, donations to the Wales Home Foundation (506 Rte 243 N, Cleveland, QC, J0B 2H0) in grateful thanks from the family for the loving care would be appreciated.
- Passed away peacefully on July 30th 2015, at the CHUS Fleurimont, Sherbrooke, with his loving wife of 55 years, Marjorie Boast, and daughter Heidi by his side. Loving father of the late Stuart Lancaster, and of Vicki (Doug Richardson), Scott (Filomena) Lancaster, and Heidi (Danny Morin). Dear grandfather of Tracy and Alex Richardson, Vanessa and Alannah Alves, and Matthew and Steven Morin. Red also leaves to mourn, his brothers and sisters; Hugh and Jeannine Lancaster, the late Joan (late Bill Brock), Norma (late Paul Morin), and Mona (Jerry McGee). Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principale S., Richmond, where friends may visit on Sunday August 2nd from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 PM. Please note; there will be a Legion service at 7:00 PM. A funeral service will be held at St-Anne’s Anglican Church, Richmond, on Monday August 3rd at 2:00 PM with Rev. Lynn Dillabough officiating. The family will be at the Church to receive condolences 1 hour prior to the service. Interment in St-Anne’s Cemetery at a later date. Donations to the Foundation Quebecoise du Cancer, 3001 12e ave. N., Sherbrooke, QC J1H 5N4 would be greatly appreciated.
- 1937-2015 Passed away peacefully at the CHUS Fleurimont on Saturday July 18th, one week before her 78th birthday. Daughter of the late Fred Loach and the late Ethel Whitehead. Beloved wife of Rupert Winslow, dear mother of Peter. She is survived by her sister Grace (late Jack Sawyer) and brother-in-laws Ross and Terry Winslow, as well as many relatives and friends. As per her wishes, cremation has taken place. A family graveside service will be held at a later date. Patricia's family would like to thank Dr. Roux and his staff, as well as all others who have given her special care. In lieu of flowers, donations to the charity of your choice would be appreciated.
- Passed away peacefully with family by her side at the CSSS Memphremagog, on May, 9th, 2015, at the age of 87. Cherished wife of Gerald Lepitre and precious mother of Gerald (Maxine) and Larry (Mary). Dear grandmother of Jeff, Justin and Sirena. Carrie will also be sadly missed by her great-grandchildren Kristin, Danielle, Leo , Thea and Eliane. There will be visitation in the presence of the ashes at the Cass Funeral Home, 545 Dufferin, Stanstead, 819-876-5213 on Wednesday May 13th from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m., followed by the service in the funeral home. As a tribute to her memory, donations made to C.A.B. Rediker , 112 Principale, Stanstead, Qc. JOB 3E5 would be greatly appreciated. The family wishes to express their appreciation for the wonderful care, kindness, and thoughtfulness given to the staff at Place Sanborn, and to the Palliative Care unit, Doctor Masse and the nurses at the CSSS Memphremagog.
- (1926-2015) Passed away at the CHUS Hotel-Dieu in Sherbrooke, on April 7, 2015.Diana Lockwood Chaddock, in her 88th year ,daughter of the late Henry Lockwood and the late Emma Flanders, wife of the late George Chaddock.She is predeceased by her son the late Dale Chaddock her daughter in law Josée Beauchesne.She leaves to mourn her sisters and her brother: Barbara Clawson, Lois Ward, Marion Lambert, Linda Roth (Doug Roth) and Raymond Lockwood.She is predeceased by her brothers Norman and Ernest.She also leaves to mourn her sisters in law Florence and Elva along with other relatives and friends. The familly would like to thank the staff and caregivers at the Wales Home for the excellent, professional and personal care they have given to Diana. A memorial service will be held at a later date.
- Claris PHILLIPS (née Lowry) (1921-2015) Passed away peacefully at the Hôtel-Dieu Hospital, on Tuesday, March17, 2015 in her 94th year surrounded by family and friends. Beloved wife of the late Edward Phillips and companion of the late Dalton Montgomery. Dear mother of Connie (the late Roger) and Gloria (the late Peter). Cherished grandmother of 7 grandchildren. Claris leaves to mourn her brothers Dr. Curtis Lowry (Hannalore) and Chilston Lowry (Mildred) and predeceased by her brother Claude, Floyd, Clayton, Clement and her siseter Carrie. She also leaves to mourn many other relatives and dear friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 15 Station St. Sawyerville on Thursday, March 19th, 2015 from 7 to 9 pm and on Friday, March 20th, 2015 at the SAWYERVILLE COMMUNITY CENTER ( 6 Church St. Sawyerville) from 1 to 2 pm follwed by the funeral service at 2 pm. Tami Spires officiating. Interment in the Maple Leaf Cemetery at a later date. In lieu of flowers, donations in Claris's memory may be made to the Sawyerville United Church Women, c/o Bonnie Fowler 14 Church St. Sawyerville, QC J0B 3A0 or the the Maple Leaf Cemetery, c/o Linda Fisk, 67 Robert Peel, Sherbrooke, QC J1M 1X5 or to the charity of your choice
- Passed away peacefully at the Wales Home on Wednesday March 4th, 2015 , Mr Franklin Lancaster in his 86th year. Son of the late Robert Lancaster and the late Mabel Cookman. Brother of the late Violet (Leonard Davidson), the late Ernest (Georgina Lancaster), the late Elma (Garnet Willey), the late Harvey (Eileen Brochu), the late Horace and the late Thomas. Franklin leaves to mourn his friend Dorothy Marshall along with many nieces, nephews, relatives and friends. Donations made to the North Ely Cemetery Fund would be greatly appreciated by the family. A funeral service will be held at a later date. Arrangements entrusted to the Cass Funeral Home, Richmond.
- Passed away at the IUGS Youville Pavillion, on Wednesday, February 18th, 2015 at the age of 83. Beloved husband of Joan Lynch Littlejohn. Dear father of Andrew (Tanya Grapes) and Karyn (Ken Prince). Cherished grandpa to Mathew and Nicole Littlejohn and Carly, Austin and Devon Prince. Howard leaves to mourn his sisters Beverly Goodfellow and Pauline Littlejohn along with many other relatives and friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), on Friday, February 27th, 2015 from 7 to 9 pm and on Saturday, February 28th 2015 from 12 to 1:30 pm. A funeral service will be held at 2 pm at the St. Patrick's Church, 20 Gordon St. Sherbrooke. As a memorial tribute, donations to the Alexander Galt Regional High School (A.G.R.H.S), Piper Classic Athletics, 1700, rue College, P.O. Box 5002, Sherbrooke, QC J1M 1Z9, would be appreciated.
- November 20, 1916 - January 3, 2015 After a long and healthy life devoted to her family, Paulette Marie Fleurette Violetta Latour Caron passed away in her 99th year. Predeceased by her husband Edgar. Much loved mother of Paul (Sherry), Renee Paul, and Louise (Royal Orr). Cherished grandmother of Michèle and Andrew Caron, Stephanie, Stuart and Kerith Paul, and Alexandra, Micah, and Jacob Orr. Great-grandmother of Julien, Katrina, Emmaline, Sawyer, and Riley. Friends and relatives can greet the family from 1:00-2:00 pm, Saturday, January 10, at Waterville United Church. A memorial service will follow at 2:00 pm with the Rev. Mead Baldwin officiating. Internment will take place in the Compton Cemetery at a later date. A reception following the service will be held at the home of Paul and Sherry Caron. As memorial tributes, donations to the Connaught Home or to the Mission and Service Fund of the United Church of Canada would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away at the CHUS Fleurimont, on May 12, 2015 at the age of 79. Dear son of the late Norman Murray and the late Jessie Gillis. Kenneth leaves to mourn his brothers and sisters, Maxwell, Catherine, Albert, William (Geraldine Sylvester) and Jean. He is predeceased by his sisters Madeleine, Ethel, Norma, Hazel, and also by his brother Garnet. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 50 Craig St. Cookshire, QC, on Sunday, May 17th, 2015 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 pm and on Monday from 1 to 1:30 pm. A funeral service will be held on Monday, May 18th at 2 pm at the St. Paul’s Anglican Church, Bury. Interment in the Dell Cemetery.
- Passed away at the CHUS, Hotel-Dieu onTuesday April 07, 2015 at the age of 44. Loving mother of Jason (Emilie) and Tiffany (Jean-François) and dear grandmother of Leana and Lexie.Jackie also leaves to mourn, her parents Wayne Malboeuf and Helen Lynch, her brother John (Jessie) and her sister June (Yvan) along with her aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and many friends. A graveside service will be held at the Maple Grove cemetery , Melbourne, in the spring.
- Passed away peacefully at the Hôtel-Dieu Hospital in Sherbrooke on March 3, 2015. Beloved wife of the late Merlyn "Bud" Coates of Bury, and loving mother of Stuart and Steven. Much loved sister of Roderick "Bing" MacIver and his wife Wendy. Lillian was predeceased by her sister Mary Jones and brothers Jackie Park and John Hector MacIver. Also left to mourn are her brothers-in-law Glenn Coates and Harris Nugent (Gloria) , as well as many nieces, nephews and friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 50 Craig St. Cookshire, Qc, where visitation will take place on Monday, March 9th , 2015 from 7 to 9 p.m. There will be visitaion on Tuesday, March 10th at the St. Paul's Anglican Church in Bury from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m., followed by the funeral service at 2:30 p.m. Rev Lynn Dillabough officiating. Burial will take place in the Bury Protestant cemetery at a later date. Donations in memory of Lillian may be made to the Pet Connection, 1730 Wellington Sud, Sherbrooke, Qc J1M 1K9 or to the Canadian Cancer Society, 3330, rue King Ouest, bureau 130, Sherbrooke, QC J1L 1C9.
- (1930 - 2015) Passed away peacefully at the Foyer Richmond, on Monday February 16th 2015, Mr. Ronald Miles in his 85th year. Loving husband of the late Marjorie St. Martin, and dear father of Anne (Wayne Pibus) and Sandra (Paul Fandrich). Dear grandfather of; Heidi (Florian), Heather (Mathieu), Lloyd, Lynda (Karl), Lois (David), Stephen (Jillian) and Sharon (Michael), and great-grandfather of; Jeanne, Jacob, Alyson, Corey, Benjamin, Lorianne, Philip, Samuel, Sierra, Kevin and Kayla. Ronald also leaves to mourn, his sister Allie, sister-in-law Helen Miles along with many nieces, nephews and dear friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principale S., where friends may visit on Friday February 20th from 7 to 9 PM and on Saturday from 10 to 11:00 AM. A funeral service will be held at the funeral home on Saturday, February 21st, 2015 at 11:00 AM. Interment in the St-John Cemetery, Brome QC, at a later date. The family would like to extend a heartfelt thanks to the staff of the Foyer Richmond for the wonderful care they provided. Donations to the Parkinson's Society of Quebec, 1253, Av. McGill College, Bur, 402, Montreal, QC H3B 2Y5, would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Mrs. Connie Hartwell passed away suddenly but peacefully with family by her side, at the Wales Home on February 4, 2015 at the age of 79. Predeceased by her loyal husband Ernest Arlington Hartwell, she will be lovingly remembered by her children Brenda (Léo Beaudoin) and Judy; her grandchildren Nola and Nicola Beaudoin; her sister Sue (Russell Nichols), as well as many dear friends and relatives. Visitation will be held on Monday February 16th from 1 to 2 p.m. at Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College Street, Lennoxville, followed by a celebration of her life at 2 p.m. Reception to be held at the North Hatley Legion (95 Jackson Heights). Internment in Reedsville Cemetery at a later date. In lieu of flowers, donations to The Wales Home Foundation would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- (1945-2015) Passed away in Sherbrooke, after a long courageous battle, on January 11, 2015 at the age of 69. Beloved wife of Frank Engelmann and dear daughter of Florence Léveillé Murphy and the late Léo Murphy. Cherished mother of Rick (Hélène). Françoise leaves to mourn her brothers Gilles (Thèrese) and Jacques (Raymonde), her sister Nycole (Jean-Pierre), her brother-in-law Gerhard (Marlies), her godmother Jeanne-D'Arc (Rolland). She also leaves to mourn her many nieces and nephews Pierre-Luc Durand, Fréderic Durand, Patricia Murphy, Linda Murphy, Denis Murphy, Daniel Murphy, Jean-François Murphy, Michelle Murphy, Peter Engelmann and Nicole Engelmann and also many cousins. A funeral service will be held on Saturday, January 24th, 2015 at 2:30 pm at the Patrick's Church ( 20 Gordon St. Sherbrooke). The family will be at the church one hour prior to the service to receive condolences from family and friends. The family would like to thank Dr. Daniel Nöel and the staff at La Maison Aube-Lumière for the care and compassion they provided. Donations to La maison Aube-Lumière (3071, 12e avenue Nord, Sherbrooke, Qc. J1H 5H3) would be appreciated by the family.
- (1937 - 2015) It is with profound sadness that we announce the passing of Peter Manning (age 77). Peter had been managing well with a brain cancer diagnosis since May, 2014, until he passed at his home on January 5th. Peter was born in Montreal on February 25, 1937, and was brought up in Richmond, Quebec, the son of the late Dr. Clinton Edgar Manning and the late Rita Gertrude (née Butler) Manning. He graduated with his Bachelor of Arts degree and Diploma in Education from Bishops University, and received a Masters degree in Education from SUNY Plattsburgh. Peter touched many lives as a teacher and later in his career as a school administrator with the Lakeshore School Board. In his retirement he spent several gratifying years volunteering with the Hospitality Corner in the Montreal General Hospital. A man of many talents, from family man to golfer, wood-worker to house-builder, he will be missed by all his family and friends. He is survived by his wife Millie, after 52 years of marriage, his sons Andrew and Tony, his sister Elizabeth, his brother John, his sister-in law Catherine and his nieces and nephews. The family would like to thank the doctors and staff of the Montreal Neurological Institute and Hospital, as well as the staff at the Maison Herron, for his care during his illness. To celebrate Peter’s life, a visitation with the family is planned on the evening of Thursday, Jan 15th, 7 to 9 pm, at the Rideau Memorial Gardens and Funeral Home, 4275 boul. des Sources, Dollard des Ormeaux, H9B 2A6. The family encourages the sharing of any memories of Peter by clicking on the ‘’ icon on this webpage. Donations may be made in lieu of flowers to either of the following charities: Montreal Neurological Institute and Hospital, or Brain Tumour Foundation,
- Graydon Majury passed away at the Claresholm Hospital, in Claresholm Alberta on December 23, 2015 at the age of 89. He is survived by his brother Howard (Mary Bown). He was the beloved son of the late Thomas Brown Majury and late Elizabeth Seale Cromwell Munn, and brother of the late Norman (late Mary Robinson). He was the beloved uncle of Janet (Murray Lloyd), Sandy (Roger Davis), Cyndi (Dan Eldridge), Richard, (Jenny Mooney), the late Lindsay (Judy Woods) and several great nieces and nephews. Having been born in Sawyerville, Quebec, Graydon spent the first 88 years of his life in the Lennoxville area. He knew many folks from his early days working with dairy cattle, and later through working at Bishop’s University. He was active in the Farmer’s Association and enjoyed many travels and fair activities with that group. He was an active member of the Lennoxville United Church. In December of 2014 he decided to move to Nanton Alberta and spent the final year of his life enjoying frequent visits and outings with family. He was admitted to hospital on November 30, 2015, and passed away on December 23, 2015. Graydon made friends with everyone he met in life, and will be missed by many. A visitation will be held at 1:00pm at the Lennoxville United Church on Thursday May 26, 2016. The Funeral Service will follow at 1:30 pm. Friends are welcome to join the family at the Cookshire Cemetery directly following the service. The family invites all friends to stay for a light lunch to be served in the church hall, upon return from the cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations to the charity of your choice would be appreciated.
- 1926 - 2015 Kathleen passed away on December 20th, 2015 at the age of 89, daughter of the late William McIntyre and the late Hazel Bennett. Kathleen is predeceased by her husband Frank Smith. She leaves to mourn her children Meta (Edgar Smith), Russell (Chantal Préfontaine) and Cecil; her grandchildren Richard, Benjamin, David, Christine, Kyle and Kayley; her great-grandchildren Melissa, Melody, Alice and Jessy as well as her brother Bernard. Kathleen is also predeceased by her daughter Ruby (Mike Crooks) and her sister Jean (Harvey Bennett). Visitation will be held on Saturday, January 2nd, 2016 from 9:00 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the Cass Funeral Home, 900 Clough Street in Ayer's Cliff. A celebration of life will follow at the funeral home. Interment will take place at a later date. To honour her life, instead of flowers, do a good deed for a friend or stranger on her behalf - she would like that. Donations may also be made to the VITAE Foundation, caring for the health needs of the entire population in the Eastern Townships, 375, Argyle St, Sherbrooke, QC, J1J 3H5.
- (1926 - 2015) Evelyn Smith of Cornwall Ontario, passed away at the Ottawa General Hospital on Saturday, October 31, 2015. Daughter of the late Gordon and Mary MacLeod of Scotstown, Quebec. Beloved wife of the late Raymond Smith and loving mother of the late Karen Smith. Sister of the late Flora, Ann, John, Arnold, Murdo, Jessie, Christine, Agnus, and Catherine. Leaving to mourn her passing and celebrate her life are many nieces, nephews, grand nieces, grand nephews, and many friends. A memorial service will be held at 1:30 p.m. on Friday, November 6th at St. John's Presbyterian Church, 28 Second Street East, Cornwall, Ontario. Rev. Ruth Draffin officiating. A graveside service will be held at the Lingwick Protestant Cemetery, Gould Quebec on Saturday November 7th at 11:00 a.m. Cathy Clark officiating. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Lingwick Protestant Cemetery, c/o Lena Morrison, 444 Route 161 North, Stornoway, Quebec G0Y 1N0 will be gratefully acknowledged.
- Sadly we announce the passing of Betty Mueller Dickson on October 27, 2015, at the CHUS Fleurimont. Betty was predeceased by her husband C. Wynne Dickson. She is survived by her brother Hannes Mueller (Doris) and her sister Rosa (Beni Hassler), her sister-in-law Helena Mueller and many nieces and nephews in Switzerland. She leaves her stepchildren Karen Dickson-Ingimundson (the late David) and Robert Dickson (Carol) of Kingston, ON, her nephew Kurt Mueller (Linda) in South Carolina and their children Sacha, Michaela and Melissa. Betty will be missed by her many friends in Switzerland and Canada, especially Simon and Margot Langeveld of Melbourne, QC. Family and friends will be welcomed in the Wales Home on Saturday, October 31, 2015 at 2 p.m. to celebrate a life so well lived. In lieu of flowers, a donation to the Wales Home Foundation 506 Rte. 243, Richmond, QC, J0B 2H0, would be appreciated.
- Peacefully at the Sacre-Coeur Hospital on Friday, October 16, 2015, at the age of 91. Wife of the late Leslie Booth, and daughter of the late Urban Charles Massey and the late Mae Patrick. Gwenith leaves to mourn her daughters Sheila (Bruce Blackley), Debbie (Sandor Goldstein) and Linda (Richard Beaulne); and her grandchildren Jonathan, Jeremy and Gillian Goldstein. A graveside service was held at the Melbourne Ridge Cemetery on Sunday, October 18, 2015.
- Mrs. Anne Pibus passed away peacefully at La Maison Aube-Lumière in Sherbrooke, QC with her family at her side on Thursday, August 20th 2015 after a five month battle with Lymphoma. Loving wife of Wayne Pibus. Daughter of the late Ronald and Marjorie Miles. Dear mother of Heidi (Florian Charrette), Heather (Mathieu Larue), Lloyd, Lynda (Karl Fandrich) and Lois (David Thibert), and dear Grandmother of Jeanne, Benjamin, Lorianne Charrette, Jacob, Alyson, Philip Larue, Corey Fandrich, Samuel, Sierra, Kevin, Kayla Thibert. She also leaves to mourn her sister Sandra (Paul Fandrich) and children Stephen (Jillian), Sharon (Michael), Aunts and cousins as well as in-laws Winnie Pibus, Stanley Pibus (late Rena Aiken) children Troy and Tim, Brenda Mitchell (Robert), and George Pibus, and many friends and colleagues. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principale S., Richmond, viewing on Friday, August 28th from 6:00 to 9:00 pm. Another viewing held from 1:30 pm-2:30 pm on Saturday, August 29th with the funeral immediately following at 2:30 pm, at the Pibus farm 340 McLaughlin Rd, Cleveland, QC J0B 2H0. The family would like to extend heartfelt thanks to the staff of La Maison Aube-Lumière and to the CHUS Fleurimont. Donations can be made to La Maison Aube-Lumière or the foundation of your choice.
- Passed away peacefully at the Coaticook Hospital , Monday, June 1, 2015 at the age of 87. Beloved mother of Tony (Thelma), Pat, Douglas (Rose), Ruth (Guy), and Clifford (Louise). Loving grandmother to many grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She leaves to mourn her brother Garnet; sister-in-laws Elsie, Jean, and Geneva; and many friends. Resting at Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College, Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), QC, on Thursday June 4, 2015, from 1 to 3 pm followed by service with Canon Rev. Ronald West. Interment to follow at Malvern Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Canadian Cancer Society (3330, King West, bureau 130, Sherbrooke, QC J1L 1C9 ) would be greatly appreciated.
- Peacefully on May 20, 2015, Peter A. Matheson, son of the late John Lewis Matheson and the late Charlotte Susan Betts, and loving husband of June Janet Stevenson. He leaves to mourn his daughter JoAnn (Bruce); grandchildren Caitlyn and Shayla; and sister Marion (Vernon). Predeceased by the late George (Marilyn), the late John, and the late Dorothy. He also leaves to mourn his sister-in-law Nioma (the late Josaphat), brother-in-law Dawson (Doris), and numerous nieces and nephews. Resting at Cass Funeral Home, 50 Craig St, Cookshire, on Thursday, May 21 2015 from 7 to 9 pm, and on Friday, May 22 2015 from 1 to 2 pm at Trinity United Church, Cookshire, followed by the funeral service at 2 pm. Internment in the Lakeside Cemetery, Bishopton, QC. The family would like to thank the staff at the CLSC Cookshire, CHUS Fleurimont, and the Hôtel-Dieu for the excellent care given to Mr. Matheson. Donations to the charity of your choice would be greatly appreciated.
- Passed away peacefully at the Wales Home, on Saturday, April 18, 2015, Ross Nixon at the age of 96. Beloved husband of the late Alleda Johnston, and dear father of Gloria, Douglas (Charlotte), Anne (Toby Knowles), Lucy, Lois Nola (Ray Morrison), Tim and of the late Rodney Nixon. Ross also leaves to mourn his 13 grandchildren, 18 great grandchildren, his sister Gladys Bowden, along with his niece and nephew, many other relatives and friends. A memorial service will be held at the Wales Home , 506 Rte 243 N. Richmond, QC on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 2:30 pm. Rev Lynn Dillabough officiating. Donations to the Wales Home Foundation, 506 Rte 243 N. Richmond, QC J0B 2H0 would be greatly appreciated by the family. Arrangements entrusted to the Cass Funeral Home, Richmond 819-826-2502/www.casshomes.ca
- (1923-2015) Joy Smith, daughter of Percival Powles, Bishop of Mid-Japan and B. Ruth (Mount) Powles, died peacefully on December 7, 2015. Predeceased by her beloved husband Basil and brother Cyril, Joy will be sadly missed by siblings William, Kathleen, Isabel and Percival, her children Christine, Barbara (Ian), Andrew (Julie), Michael (Ruth), and Randal (Keiko), as well as her grandchildren Fiona (Nicolas), Brendan (Natasha), Gavin (Ellen), Keelan (Marie-Claude), Cameron, Alison, Rebecca (Stuart), Tam and Jonah and greatgrandchildren Isabella, Maëlle, Zachary, Evelyn, Félix and Amélia-Joy. Joy was born and grew up in Japan, moving back to Canada when she was 16. She met her future husband Basil at McGill while completing her Masters of Social Work. He emigrated from his native Bahamas, they married in 1949 and had five adored children. Generous with her time and caring, Joy opened her multicultural home to many – providing friendship, a safe space, comfort, and advice when desired. Her openness of spirit gave her a unique ability to see the world and its issues clearly. Her personal faith and strong commitment to social justice gave her the serenity and strength to fight for good in the world. Professionally, Joy focussed on helping people make life better for themselves. Among the highlights of her career were working in northern Quebec training local social workers in First Nation communities, and her research into the healthy family, many years before this became an accepted area of interest. Joy also had a strong interest in education, teaching in various capacities throughout her career. One of her major life accomplishments was guiding the establishment of Champlain Regional College; she fought for it and chaired its first Board of Governors. Compassionate, non-judgmental, fiercely intelligent, animal lover, gardener, music lover, inveterate traveller, debater, Marxist Anglican, great cook, art lover, amazingly unstintingly generous, happiest when surrounded by her large and unruly family – Joy will be missed by all those whose lives she touched. The family would like to express their gratitude to all the team at the Foyer Richmond and to Linda Rimell for their incredible care and support over the past 4 years. In lieu of flowers, donations in Joy’s memory to the Chez Doris Women’s Shelter Foundation (Montreal) or to the Fondation de CHSLD de Richmond (Richmond, Que.) would be appreciated. A memorial service will be held at Ulverton United Church, 160, route 143, Ulverton, Que. on Saturday, January 2 at 1 p.m.
- 1972-2015 Suddenly at his home on September 25th 2015 at the age of 43. Son of Robert (Bobby) Pariseau (Lucienne St-Cyr). Brother of Michael, Darlene (Tony Coddington). Uncle to Marc and Andrew Pariseau of Sherwood Park, AB and Lewis, Krystal, Carolyn, Kyle and Carl Coddington. He was also the son of the late Sandra Truax Johnston. He also leaves his aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home , 295 Principale S. Richmond, QC J0B 2H0, on Friday, October 16 2015 from 7 to 9 pm and on Saturday, October 17 2015 from 1 to 2 p.m. followed by the funeral service at 2 p.m. Interment at St-Andrew's Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Diabetes Estrie, 600 Woodward St. Sherbrooke, QC J1G 1W3. The family would like to thank Henry and Lisa, John and Carol and Tony and Tammi for all that they did for David.
- Peacefully at the Wales Home on Saturday, February 28th, 2015. Jean Picken French in her 84th year. Predeceased by her beloved husband Clinton French. Dear mother to Robert MacKeage (Heidrun) of Bruderheim, Alberta. Eric MacKeage (Donna Harden) of Lennoxville. Special aunt to Paul Wightman (Jill Guthrie), Penny Wightman, Judy Cormier (Simon Preston), Wayne Cormier (Tricia) and Howard Cormier. Dear grandmother to Jessica, Sarah and Ryan. Great aunt to Shawn, Brandon and Melissa. Along with many nieces and nephews. Dear friend to Shirley Sayers. Also late brothers and sisters, Malcolm Picken, Hazel Picken Fleck, Calvin Picken, and Marion Picken Wightman. Survived by her sisters, Anna Picken Ward of Brampton, Ontario and Ruth Picken Cormier of Moosejaw, Saskatchewan. Resting at Cass Funeral Homes, 3006 College Street, Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), where friends may call on Friday, March 13th, from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 pm. The funeral service will be held , on Saturday, March 14th, 2015 at 2 pm in the Lennoxville United Church. Rev. James Potter officiating. Interment in the Malvern Cemetery.The family would like to thank the staff at the Manoir St.Francis Lennoxville and the Wales Home Richmond for the wonderful care given to Mrs French.
- Peacefully at the CHUS Hotel-Dieu Hospital, on Tuesday, February 17, 2015, in her 92nd year. Erika Panczyszyn beloved wife of the late Tadeusz Panczyszyn and dear mother of Mary-Ruth and Michael (Lucie Pitt) and cherished grandmother of Jamie (Amanda Mcwitter) and their children Emily, Jessica and Austin. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), on Friday, February 20th, 2015 from 6 to 8 pm and on Saturday, February 21st, 2015 from 9 to10 am follwed by the funeral service at 10 am. Rev James Potter officiating. Interment in the Malvern Cemetery.
- 1923 - 2015 Peacefully at the Wales Home in Cleveland, October 28th, 2015, with her husband by her side, passed Evelyn Baldwin, daughter of the late Fred and Caroline Rowe. She leaves to mourn her husband of 70 years, W. Keith Baldwin, formerly of Lennoxville. She will be sadly missed by her children Bill (April Langstaff), David (Carolyn Rowell), Nancy (Allan Rowell), and Dale (Linda Salladay). She will be fondly remembered by her grandchildren: W. Keith (Cara), Dustin (Buffy), Chadwick (Irish), Colin, Jori (Craig Adams), Oliver (Roselyne Bourgault-Gervais), and Emily Baldwin, Barbara (Andrew Hopkins) and Thomas (Christina Ranieri) Rowell and great-grandchildren Taryn, Samantha, Joshua, Gabriel, Clara, and Elsie. She is survived by her sister-in-laws Eunice Baldwin and Cecile Lefevre (the late Richard Baldwin) and brother-in-law Lester Baldwin (Jacqueline Peloquin). She was predeceased by her brother Stan (the late Peggy McNaughten) and her brother-in-laws Elvyn Baldwin (the late Jane Ross), Richard Baldwin (Cecile Lefevre) and her sister-in-laws Ruby Baldwin Racicot, Alice Baldwin Corey. She will also be fondly remembered by her many nieces,nephews and friends. Visitation will be held on Saturday, October 31, 2015 from 10 am to 11 am at the Lennoxville United Church, 6 Church St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), followed by the the funeral service at 11 am. Rev. Mead Baldwin officiating. Donations to the Wales Home Foundation would be gratefully appreciated.
- On October 12, 2015, Fred peacefully left this world to be with his Heavenly Father. He will be forever missed by his wife Gardenia; his two daughters: Tami (Glen) and Tara (Scott); his grandchildren: Madina (Casey), Maurice and Mirko; as well as many family members and friends. A memorial service to honour Fred's life will held on Saturday, October 17 at 2:00 p.m. at the Christ Church, 550 Dufferin, Stanstead, Quebec, followed by a reception in the church hall. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Christ Church, Stanstead.
- (1945-2015) It is with immense sorrow that the family of Dennis Ridley announces his death on June 22, 2015 in Richmond, Quebec. He is survived by his wife of 22 years Wendy Ridley (nee Wraight); his children Deanna (Dave), Darrell (Chandra), Don (Angela), Diana (Philippe), Amanda; and the true joy of his life, his grandchildren Shayne, Bryanna, Emily, Isabella, Gabriel, Grayson, Logan, Patrick and Liam. Also among the mourning are his siblings Terry (Pat), Everett (Cheryl), Brian, Gerald (Alice), Gary, Kevin (Claudette), Larry (the late Claudette), Donald (Susie), Dolly (Peter), Wayne, Charleen (Jeffery), Colleen (Garry), and Rory (Kelley), along with many nieces and nephews. He will be deeply missed by all who knew him for his kind, loving, teasing nature and his great stories. He will be sadly missed but never forgotten. Visitation will be held on Saturday, July 4 2015 at Cass Funeral Homes (295 Principale Sud, Richmond, QC) from 11 am to 1 pm. A celebration of his life will follow at 1 pm at St. Anne’s Church, Richmond, QC.
- 1936-2015 Passed away at the CHUS Hotel-Dieu, Sherbrooke , on May 2, 2015 at the age of 79. She was born in St-Georges de Windsor. Jacqueline was the daughter of the late Albert Roy and the late Rose Delima Morency. She leaves to mourn her daughter Jo-Anne LaCHapelle from her first marriage and her second husband the late Robert Maver, her step son Kenneth Maver, step daughter Katherine Maver Browne (Ray Browne), her grandsons Rob and Mike Maver, Andrew and Sean Browne. She also leaves to mourn her brothers and sisters Paul-Émile Roy (Diane Roy), Fernand Roy (Carmen Houle), Francine Roy-Vallée (Pierre Vallée), Nicole Roy, along with her nieces, nephews, cousins and friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), on Saturday, May 16, 2015 from 9 to 11:00 am for a celebration of her life. The family would like to thank the staff at the CHUS Hôtel-Dieu Intensif Care Unit for the excellent care given to Jacqueline. Donations to the CHUS Foundation, 530, 10e Avenue, Sherbrooke, QC J1G 2R9 would be appreciated.
- John David Stuart passed away peacefully at the age of 91 on March 23, 2015 at Magog Hospital. He leaves to mourn two daughters: Bonnie (Dan) of Brossard, Sharon (Greg) of Campbell River, B.C.; two grand-children: Carolyne (Rejean) and Greg (Lysianne); a great grand-daughter: Maelle; brothers: Gordon (the late Frankie) and William (Beverely), nieces ad nephews. He was pre-deceded by his sister Catherine (Wilder Hatch) and brother Bruce (Connie). There will be no visitation. Burial of his ashes will be held at a later date. The family would like to thank the caregivers, nursing staff and doctors of Magog Hospital for their excellent service.
- 1921 – 2015 Rita Stratton Wing passed away at the Connaught Home on December 19th, 2015 at the age of 94. Rita is predeceased by her husband Alton Clayton Wing and son Richard. She leaves to mourn her sons Douglas and Mike (Marie-Paule Champagne), her ten grandchildren and their children as well as numerous other relatives and friends. To honour Rita wishes a private funeral service will be held at a later date.
- October 29, 1916 - November 12, 2015 It is with sadness that we announce the passing of our mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother, at the CHUS Hotel-Dieu, Sherbrooke, Quebec, on Thursday, November 12th in her 100th year. Predeceased by her husband, Jack F. Garneau and her son Grant. She leaves to mourn her son Jack (Lois), daugher-in-law Lois, niece Margaret, grandsons Michael (Marina), Peter (Mary Beth), grand-daughters Suzanne (Luc), Penny (Bruce), and great-grandchildren Daniel, Emily, James, Caleb, Josef, Andrew, Cara and Kaitlyn, sister-in-law Mary Smyth, as well as nieces, nephews, cousins and countless friends. Visitation will be held at the Cass Funeral Home, 15 Station St., Sawyerville on Tuesday, November 17th from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. A service will take place in the Sawyerville Baptist Church at 1 p.m. Wednesday, November 18th. Contributions in her memory can be made to St. Paul's Rest Home, 592 rue Principale, Bury QC J0B 1J0, Bown Cemetery, c/o Denis Herring, 106 rue Planche, Cookshire QC J0B 1M0 or the fund of your choice.
- Passed away peacefully on August 31, 2015 at the age of 87. Mr. Stuart is predeceased by his beloved wife Frances Meigs. He leaves to mourn his precious children: Sandra (Carl), Wendy (Brian) Kimberley, Karen (James), and Scott (Trudy). Loving grandfather of: Jeremy, Steven, Stuart, Rebecca, Christina, Gordon, Victoria, and William. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 900 Clough Street in Ayer’s Cliff, on Friday August 4th, 2015, where friends may visit from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. A funeral service will be held in the Hatley United Church on Saturday September 5th, at 2:00 p.m. As a tribute to his memory, donations made to C N I B, 3044 Rue Delisle, Montreal, Qc., H4C 1M9, the Heart and Stroke Foundation, 1434 St. Catherine west. Bureau 500 Montreal, Qc. H3G 1R4 or a charity of your choice would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Standish, Howard Roy Junior Passed away after a short illness at the C.S.S.S. Memphremagog on Friday, April 17, 2015, at the age of 62, son of the late Howard Standish Senior and the late Pauline Eryou. Adoring spouse of Line and precious father of Peter. Loving grandfather of Travis, Mandy, and James. Dear brother of Roger (Francine) and Shirley (Harry Webb). He leaves to mourn his brothers-in-laws and sisters-in-laws : Francine (Pierre), Guy (Johanne), Serge, Dom, Carole, Bertrand, Diane, Claude, Lucie, and Raymond. Howard will also be sadly missed by many nieces, nephews, along with other relatives and numerous friends. There will be visitation at the Cass Funeral Home, 900 Clough, Ayer’s Cliff, Qc. 819-876-5213 on Saturday, May 2, 2015, from 2:00 until 7:00 p.m. A service will be held in the funeral with Reverend Barbara Wintle officiating.
- Passed away suddenly at the age of 92 on Tuesday, the 15th day of September, 2015 in palliative care at Magog Hospital, Quebec. Predeceased by his wife Barbara (Cunningham) last October. Merton is survived by his two sons, James and Robin (Debby); his grandchildren Jon and Jen (Dan) Tyler; and will also be remembered by his sisters Beverley Robinson and Lois Jones and their children, and brother Robert (Vonnie) Tyler as well as their children Kim (Nancy), Mark (Kathy), and David (Anita) Tyler and their children. Interment and a graveside service will be held at 11 am on Saturday, September 26, 2015 at Beulah United Church Cemetery in Ayer's Cliff, Quebec. After a brief ceremony, light refreshments will be offered at the Café du Lac restaurant in North Hatley (the old Hob Nob). Please join us in our celebration of Mert's life by bringing any stories, photos, etc., that you may wish to share. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Alzheimer's Society or the Heart and Stroke Foundation would be most welcome.
- Florence Aldrich (Taylor) passed away peacefully at the Grace Christian Home on March 31 2015, at the age of 103 years. Wife of the late Wesley Aldrich and mother of the Late Vera Chute. Dear grandmother of Debbie (Tanya) and Brenda (Bill). She also leaves to mourn many great grandchildren and great great grandchildren. A special thanks to all who took care of Gram during her stay at the Grace Christian Home. Visitation will be held at the Hope Community Church , 102 Queen Street ., Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), on April 3 2015. from 12:00 - 1:00 pm, followed by the funeral service at 1:00 pm. In lieu of flowers, donations to Dr.W.J. Klinck Foundation, 1501 rue Campbell, Sherbrooke,QC, J1M 0C1 would be appreciated.
- Passed away peacefully at the CHUS Hotel Dieu, Sherbrooke, on Saturday January 24th 2015, Mrs Sandra Truax Johnston in her 73rd year. Wife of the late Donald Johnston, and loving mother of Michael and David. Sandra also leaves to mourn, her grandchildren, nieces, nephews, her extended family and many friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principale S., Richmond, where friends may visit on Saturday January 31st from 1 to 3 PM. A funeral service will be held at the funeral home on Saturday January 31st at 3 PM with Rev. Lynn Dillabough officiating. Interment in St-Andrews Cemetery in the spring. Donations to the diabetic association (Diabète Estrie, 600 Woodward Street, Sherbrooke, Qc, J1G 1W3) would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- In her 89th year, on Thursday, January 29, 2015, went peacefully to be with her Lord at Grace Christian Home, following a brief illness. She was predeceased by her husband John, and is survived by her niece Janice (Robert Carey), and nephews John (Wendy Cowan), Richard (Wendy Paulette) and Craig, as well as great-nieces Mary, Hannah, and Eleanor, and great-nephews Paul, Philip, James, Eric and Edward. She was also predeceased by her brother Fred and sister-in-law Catherine. Visitation will be Monday, Feb. 2, from 7-9 p.m. at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St., (Lennoxville) Sherbrooke, 819-564-1750, www.casshomes.ca, and an hour before the funeral service, which will be held on Tuesday, Feb. 3, at 2 p.m. at Hope Community Church, 102 Queen St., (Lennoxville) Sherbrooke. Spring interment at Huntingville Cemetery. Donations made to the Dr. W.J. Klinck Foundation c/o Massawippi Christian Retirement Homes, 1501 rue Campbell, Sherbrooke, QC J1M 0C1 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully at the Connaught Home, North Hatley, Qc on Wednesday, January 21st 2015 at the age of 88. Violet Hope Vallière, beloved wife of the late Walter George Hayward,and dear mother of Sandra Lee (Wayne), Dwight Delbert (Helen), Cheryle Gail (Jim), Laurel Darlene (Gérard) and the late Wade Bradley. Violet was the cherished grandmother of 11 grandchildren and 5 great grandchildren. At her request, no visitation and a private interment will be held in the spring.
- July 25, 1929 – May 6, 2015 It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Edythe Hodge of Sawyerville, Qc. At the age of 85 on May 6, 2015, residing at the Morrison Residence. Surrounded by her loving husband of 68 years Raymond Hodge and several children, grandchildren and friends. Left to mourn with their dad are their children Sheila (BobTuck) Welland Ont, late Ernie (Nancy Spalding) Sawyerville, Maurice (Heather Mckay) Ancaster, Ont, Dale, Delhi, Ont., Shirley (Syd Statton) Mississauga, Ont., Ruth (Robert Addis) Waterville, Ben (Karen Keats) Sawyerville, June (Tim Dezan). Stony Plain, AB. And Joy (Lee Patry) Sawyerville. Grammie of Darrell Hodge (Amanda), Corey Hodge, Angie Statton (Scott Burke), Amy (Dave Dzura) and Ashley McComb (James Pepin), Daniel and Matthew Archambeault, Kathleen and Rebecka Hodge, Kayla (Brandon Calloway), Bryson (Alexandra) and Ryder Suitor, Stephanie, Annie (Tony Bell) and Alexandre (Alexandra) Patry. Great Grammie of Marcus Tuck, Jacob Hodge and Sammantha MacLean Powlett, Kurt and Alisha Harris, Casey and Shelby Burke, Arielle Dzura, McKenzie Archambeault, Blaze and Bella Archambeault, Cameron and Naomi Knight and Bentley Suitor. Sister of late Eric (late Mescal), late Harold (late Della), late Darrell (Teresa) Richmond, B.C., Hugh (late Ione)Sicamous, B.C., Rowena (Bob Bouchard) Renfrew, Ont., late Evelyn (Chilston Lowry) Lennoxville and Trevor (late Nancy) Ayers Cliff. Sister-in-law of late Malcolm (late May), Gordon (Brenda) Cantonment, Fl., Lawrence (Carol) Goshen, MA, late Graydon (Laurel) Sawyerville, late David, Alethea (Dave Taylor) Williamsburg, Ont. And Gwen (Ted Fleming) Innisfil, Ont. Edythe will also be sadly missed by Wayne Suitor and her best friends Liz French and Bob Bishop. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Alzheimer’s Society or Cookshire Cemetery. Cremation was held at the Cass Crematorium. Visitation at Cass Funeral Home, 15 Station St. Sawyerville on Thursday, May 14 from 7 to 9 and on Friday May 15 from 1 to 2 with the service at 2. Interment at the Cookshire Cemetery. The family would like to thank Debbie and her staff at the Morrison Residence for their excellent care and compassion.
- It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Ronald Westman, aged 90, on March 21st at the Wales Home in Richmond, Quebec after a short illness. Ron was born in Bishopton, Quebec on December 7th, 1924, the son of Aaron Westman and Vivien George. He lived there until 1968 when he and his wife Thelma Gilbert Westman, moved their family to the Richmond-Melbourne area so Ron could take a supervisory position at the JG Ewing & Sons furniture company where he worked for the next 20 years. In 1996, Ron and Thelma chose to retire to Lennoxville where they lived until their move to the Wales Home earlier this year. Ron was well known for his good humour, strong work ethic and incredible patience. He and his brother Gordon were the best of friends and spent many happy hours together with their wives playing 500, arguing and laughing. Ron was also close to his older sister Lillian Westman Matthews of Coaticook. His younger sister, Marion Westman Vining lived in Florida and he visited her many times. Ron will be greatly missed by his wife Thelma, his daughter Summer, his son Daron, his son-in-law Gerry Filgiano, and his three beloved grandchildren Carolyn, Greg and Tom, as well as his many nieces and nephews. Ron's family would like to thank the staff of both the Manoir St. Francis and the Wales Home for all the support and kindness they showed him and Thelma. The attentive care they received in both residences was a true blessing. Visitation will be held Thursday, March 26th from 7:00 - 9:00 pm at the Cass Funeral Home at 3006 College, Lennoxville. There will also be visitation Friday, March 27th from noon until 1:00 pm at the Lennoxville United Church at the corner of Church and Queen Streets, followed immediately by the funeral service led by Reverend Jim Potter at 1:00 pm. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Alzheimer Society Estrie (alzheimerestrie.com) would be welcomed.
- Peacefully at the Grace Christian Home, Huntingville, Quebec, on Monday, March 16, 2015. Beloved wife of the late William Mimnaugh in her 93rd year. Dear mother of Carol, the late Barry (Christina), Donnie (Lynn) and Wayne (Judy). Grandmother of Gary (Kim), Angela, William (Caroline), Patrick, Jamie, Shawn and Kate. Great-grandmother of Ashley, Lucas, Darby, Tyler and Chloe. Interment at the Huntingville cemetery at a later date. The family would like to thank the staff of the Grace Christian Home for the exceptional care given to mom.
- 1946-2015. Roger Warren passed away on November 18th 2015, at the CSSS Memphremagog in his 69th year. Roger leaves to mourn his companion Dorothée, his sons Jason, Kevin and his grandchildren Thomas, Anna, Lorence, Logan, Liam, Matea, Colten and Madison. He also leaves to mourn his sisters Barbara and Beverly as well as his brother Wayne. Roger is predeceased by his brother Clarence. Visitation will take place at the Cass funeral Home, 900 Clough St., Ayer's Cliff, on Saturday November 28th, 2015 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., followed by a service at the funeral home. Interment will take place at a later date.
- Born May 9, 1918 in Sherbrooke, QC, and passed away peacefully at the Wales Home on Wednesday, October 21, 2015. Beloved wife of the late Joseph (Joe) Vogell, and dear friend and companion of the late Lionel Dube. Loving mother of Eleanor Twyman (Charles), Gordon Vogell (Marilyn) and Lois Forgrave (Lynwood). Cherished "Grammy GoGo" of Sheryl (Rod), Joanne (Mike), Janis (Kelly), Kristopher (Angie), Brandon (Christine) and Kathryn (Lisa). Proud "Great Grammy GoGo" of 13 great grandchildren. Barbara lived most of her life in Cookshire, where after Joe's passing she worked many years at the Post Office. She was active in The Eastern Star, The United Church, the school library, and the Cookshire cemetery. She took trips to many countries, and enjoyed friends and activities around the town. Interment at the Cookshire Cemetery at a later date. In her memory, donations may be made to the Cookshire Cemetery or The Wales Home.
- (1920 – 2015) Gertrude (Gertie) Florence Raymond passed away peacefully at the CHUS Hôtel-Dieu on Saturday, September 19, 2015 in her 96th year. Beloved wife of the late Wellington (Wink) Raymond. Dear mother of Gloria (Gerald Gilbert), Bill (Lynda McVety), Bev (late Tom Powell) and Sharron (Bruce Kirby). Cherished grandmother of Geoffrey, Joanne, Mark, Chrystal, Kevin, Teresa, Scott, Bradley, Karyn, and Karolyn. And admired great-grandmother of 13 great-grandchildren. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), on Tuesday, September 22, 2015 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. and on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 from 1 to 2 p.m. Service to follow at 2 p.m. at the Cass Chapel. Interment at the Eaton Cemetery immediately following. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Eaton Cemetery, c/o Nadia Boutin, 255 Wheeler Rd. Cookshire, QC J0B 1M0 or to a charity of your choice. An Order of the Eastern Star Funeral Service will be held at 6:45 p.m. on Tuesday September 22, 2015.
- Following a long battle, passed away at the CHUS Fleurimont Hospital, Sherbrooke, QC on Thursday, September 10, 2015, at the age of 73. Beloved husband of Edith Young, he is survived by his son Steven (Julie Ruel), his grandsons, Olivier, Michaël and William, his twin brother Sherman (Irene), his sisters Barbara Zschockelt (late Lothar) and Carol Krainyk (Myron), his brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law (Young family) as well as many other family and friends. A service will be held on Tuesday, September 15 at the Hope Community Church, 102 Queen Street, Sherbrooke, Quebec, J1M 1J6 at 2 pm. The family will receive condolences at the church an hour prior to the service.
- Charlotte Whitcomb Hunt, passed away peacefully on August 13, 2015 at the CHUS-Fleurimont in Sherbrooke, QC. Daughter of the late Percy Whitcomb and the late Sara Rudd. Loving wife of the late Bruce Hunt. Dear mother of Dianne (late Joe Prah) of Lennoxville, QC, Barry (Lise Journault) of PEI, Brenda Watts (Dave) of Ottawa and the late Jim; very proud grandmother of Mike and Eric Prah, and Matthew and Anne-Marie Hunt. Aunt to Hugh, Ross and Ian Hunt, and predeceased by brother Carleton. Charlotte will also be greatly missed by many relatives and friends, old and new. Resting at Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College, Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), on Sunday, August 16 from 7 pm to 9 pm, and Monday, August 17 from 1 pm to 1:45 pm. A funeral service will be held at St. George's Church on Monday, August 17 at 2 pm. Internment will take place in the Eaton Cemetery. Many thanks to Mrs. Hunt's caregivers at home, family doctor Marie-Lynn Lupien, the CLSC, the Grace Home, and the CHUS Fleurimont. As memorial tributes, in lieu of flowers, donations to the Heart and Stroke Foundation or a charity of your choice would be appreciated.
- Passed away peacefully at the CSSS Memphremagog on July 20, 2015, at the age of 91. Beloved husband of the late Blondie Bonnekamp, and cherished father of: Colleen (Dick), Madeline (Arièl), Betty (Burt), Bob (Marie-Josée). Nick (Cynthia ) and Judy. Dear grandfather of Chrissy (Chris), Kevin, Sharon (Michel) Philip (Karyn), Cathy (Frank), Michael (Melissa), Jim (Meghann), Josh (Andreé), Jeremy (Vickie), Jake, Bryan, Sara (Tyler), Chris, Isabelle; along with 18 great-grandchildren. There will be visitation on Wednesday, July 22 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. at 900 Clough, Ayer’s Cliff. A Service will be held in the funeral home on Thursday , July 23rd at 2:00 p.m. with Reverend Shirley Knuston As a tribute to his memory, donations made to the Ayer’s Cliff Cemetery may be sent to Michael Drew, 950 Amy, Ayer’s Cliff, would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Harley Wilkie age 90, passed peacefully on June 26th 2015, at the Connaught Home in North Hatley. He will be fondly missed by his loving wife Theresa Greenland and his two children, Stephen Avery Wilkie, Beth Falcao, her husband Glenn and his grandchildren Genesa and Jenael Falcao and his sister Blanche Stocks. The family request that in lieu of flowers donations be made to the Connaught Home, 77 Main St. North Hatley, QC J0B 2C0. We are eternally grateful for the loving care given to our Dad at the Connaught. A graveside service will be held for family members at a later date.
- Passed away at the age of 78 on June 18, 2015. A lover of life and all things in it: the laughter of children, fragrance of fresh baked bread, the turn of a good book, and classical music wafting through the cottage on Trout Lake on a lazy summer afternoon. She was a creator and champion of life: her children (Kathryn, Heather and Michael), massive green summer gardens, mountains of flowers, and an endless stream of dogs and farm animals. She filled every space with stories, laughter and good food. Her nursing friends will remember her for sneaking in after curfew; her farming friends for her chicken raising, garden growing, cow doctoring and crazy tractor driving, and her cottage friends for a red row boat on the roof, rainbow trout fishing and Quebec wind-chimes. Her husband, children and grandchildren will remember her teddy bear hugs, big family dinners, wise advice and belly laughing stories of real and imagined characters. With a memory like an elephant and a rare talent for story telling, she touched so many. Thank you so much for sharing your many gifts. You will be with us always – we are looking for your Evinrude. Fly now, you are free. Diane is survived by loving husband Russell, happily married for 55 years; daughters Kathryn and Heather and son Michael and grandchildren, Zachary, Victoria, Matthew, Zoe and Seth. A Memorial Service has been scheduled at Hatley United Church Cemetery on July 18th at 2 p.m. Memorial contributions may be sent to: Pet Connection, 1730 Wellington St. South, Sherbrooke, Quebec, J1M 1K9, tel: 819-348-1888, in her name.
- Passed away peacefully at the CHUS Fleurimont, on Wednesday June 17, 2015 in her 87th year, Christina (Chris), loving wife of 53 years to Bert. Proud mother of Rhoda (Dan), Brenda and the late Grayson. Cherished grandma of Daryl (Andrée-Anne), Kelly (Rob), Alex (Emilie), and doting great-grandma of Connor Grayson. Predeceased by her parents Henry and Emily Williamson, siblings Adelaide, Margaret, Rebecca, Roland and Joseph, as well as brothers and sisters in law Harold, Bill, Alphonse, Ella, Betty, and Clarence. She will be mourned by her brothers Crombie, Morgan (Cherry), Thomas (Marion), and sister Elizabeth, as well as numerous nieces and nephews and many friends. Visitation will be held Sunday, June 21 at Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principale S, Richmond from 6 to 8 pm, and on Monday, June 22 from 1 to 2 pm followed by the funeral service at the Funeral Home at 2pm. Interment to follow at St. Andrew's Cemetery, Upper Melbourne. In lieu of flowers, donations to the charity of your choice would be greatly appreciated.
- (1948-2015) Passed away peacefully at the Maison Aubé-Lumière on May 19, 2015. Beloved daughter of the late Herbert Walker and the late Ethel Beattie. Cherished sister of Floyd (Nancy Goodin) and Helen (Doug Raymond). Loving aunt of Chris Walker, Scott Walker, and Peter Fletcher. Predeceased by her niece Laura Fletcher. Visitation will take place at the Lennoxville United Church, on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 from 1 to 2 pm. Funeral service to follow at 2 pm, Rev. Jim Potter officiating. Interment will take place at a later date. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Maison Aubé-Lumière, 3071, 12e Avenue Nord, Sherbrooke, QC J1H 5H3 would be greatly appreciated. The family would like to thank the staff at the Maison Aubé-Lumière for the wonderful care given to Phyllis, and also Sandra and Wayne Gillam for sharing thier home with Phyllis for the last ten years.
- Peacefully, at the Asbestos Hospital, on November 30th 2015 at the age of 64, passed away Mrs. Linda Frost, wife of Fred Frost from Danville. Daughter of Gerald Williams and the late Thelma Sturtevant. She leaves to mourn her children; Corie, Tony (Hayley) and Scott (Lisette) and her grandchildren: Robbie, Taylor, Logan, Matthew and Sophie. Burial will take place at the Danville Protestant Cemetery on Monday, December 14, 2015 at 2 p.m.