Searching this page will only find
what you can see on the page.
To search inside all obituaries,
first they must all be visiable.
This can be easily done by
clicking on the small gray square
just below the ABC in the upper
right corner of the page.
NEKG of Vermont does not own copyright to the information on this page.
Each obituary on this page belongs to the originator.
Obituaries are created by the deceased or relatives of the deceased
with the help of funeral homes and are published with the intent of
informing the public of its content.
NEKG (NorthEast Kingdom Genealogy)
of Vermont does own this particular collection, transcription and the
presentation of these materials.
You will need to log in as either Member
or as Guest
in order to view obituaries.
Go back to the Obituaries Index page
to get the guest login information.
(1946-2015) Passed away peacefully after a lengthy illness, at the Argyll Pavillon, on December 11, 2015, at the age of 69, longtime farmer, choir member, and community activist Fraser W. Adams, beloved husband of Kathleen Adams. Pre deceased by parents Dr. Leyland and Mrs. Barbara Adams and son Daniel José. Will also be lovingly remembered by sons Carlos and Stephen, daughter Lisa (Ginger), grandson Grayson, brothers John (Hélène), Leyland (Martine), Rick (Susan), sister Julie (late John Dawson), sister-in law Marianne Stanley (Sal), many nieces and nephews, friends, and fellow choir members. Visitation will take place on Tuesday, December 15, from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Funeral Home. A celebration of his life will be held at the Lennoxville United Church, on Wednesday, December 16, at 11 a.m. Donations to Service d’Aide aux Néocanadiens, 530 rue Prospect, Sherbrooke, QC J1H 1A8 in memory of Fraser would be greatly appreciated.
- Passed away at the CSSS Arthabaska Hospital , Victoriaville, on Thursday, April 2, 2015 at the age of 71. Beloved daughter of the late Kenneth Andrews and the late Helen Parsons. Dear mother of Wayne Samson, Kenneth Samson and Sandra Samson. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principale S. Richmond, on Wednesday, April 8, 2015 from 12 to 2 pm followed by the funeral service at 2 pm. Rev. Lynn Dillabough officiating. Interment in the St-Anne's Cemetery Richmond at a later date.
- ANDREWS, Merritt (1932-2013) Peacefully at the Argyll Pavillion, Sherbrooke QC, on Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at the age of 81. Merritt was the beloved husband of Mary Walker and the loving father of Keith, Corey (Kerry) and Lana (Ross Oliver) and was the cherished grandfather of Emily and Abbie Andrews, Tyler, Tanya and Austin Oliver. He is survived by his brothers and sisters Elise Mayhew, Warren, Melba Stadler, Lenny and predeceased by his brother Keith. In respect of Merritt's wishes, there will be no visitation or funeral. Interment at a later date. The family would like to thank the nurses and staff at the Argyll for the wonderful care given to Merritt. In memorial donations in Merritt's memory may be made to the Vitae Foundation, 375, rue Argyll, Sherbrooke, QC J1J 3H5 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Vera CHUTE (Aldrich) Passed away peacefully at the CHUS Hotel-Dieu on Monday October 14, 2013, at the age of 82 years. Wife of the late Stanley Chute and daughter of Florence Aldrich and the late Wesley Aldrich. Dear mother of Debbie Wright ( Tanya ) and Brenda Inglis (Bill). She also leaves to mourn many grandchildren and great grandchildren. Visitation will be held at the Hope Cummunity Church, 102 Queen St., Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), on October 16 2013, from 12 to 2 pm, followed by the funeral service at 2pm. Interment in Huntingville Cemetery. In liew of flowers, donations to the Dr. W. J. Klinck Foundation, 1501 rue Campbell, Sherbrooke, QC, J1M 0C1 would be appreciated.
- It is with great sadness that we announce the death of Dorothy Addis-Sullivan. Peacefully at her home on the 12th of August 2013 in her 75th year, wife of the late Edward Sullivan, beloved mother of Mary-Anne (Scott ), Douglas (Barbara), Patricia (Tom), Christina (Serge), Jennifer (Dany) and four grandchildren, Michael, Stephanie, Lynzey and Kody. She was a dear sister to Lawrence (Shirley), Gordon (Ginette), George (Dawn) and Betty-Ann (Terry). At her request, cremation will be held followed by a graveside service for friends and family at the Pearceton Cemetery, Stanbridge East, on Saturday August 17th at 1 pm, with the Rev. James Potter officiating.
(1948-2015) It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Jerry Ernest Josaphat Audit on Friday, December 11, 2015, at the age of 67 years old. Son of Nioma Stevenson and the late Josaphat Audit. He leaves to mourn his loving companion Lucy Jackson; his children Christopher and Elizabeth; his loving mother Nioma; his sister Shirley; and his brothers and sisters in law George (Karen), the late Jane, Fred (Kathy), Frances (Michel), Janice, Jon, and Wanda (John). He also leaves to mourn several aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins and many friends. Family and friends will meet at Bishopton United Church (Main Street, Bishopton, Que.) on Saturday, December 19, 2015 from noon to 2 p.m. A service with Tami Spires officiating will be held at 2 p.m., followed by the interment at Lakeside Cemetery in Bishopton, Que. A special thank you to the paramedics and the provincial police, Arnold, Johanne, JF and Janice for the good care they gave Jerry. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Lakeside Cemetery would be greatly appreciated.
- Peacefully on April 18, 2015, Gerald Buttemer, in his 84 year. Son of the late Reginald Buttemer and Pansy Ord. Loving husband of Ruby Dezan. Father of Sharon and Michael Buttemer. He leaves behind his grandchildren Laura, Melanie, Roxanne and Philip; and his great-grandchildren Mahee-Lee and Charles. He will be missed by family and friends. Special thanks to Martin Kingsley and his neighbours Cindy McComb and Hervé Désindes who were always there when needed. A graveside service will be held on June 6, 2015 at 11:30 am at St. John's Cemetery (near Batleys Pond) in Brookbury. A wake will be held at the Sawyerville Hotel at 1:00 pm, where a light lunch will be served.
- 1931-2015 Passed away at the CHUS Hotel-Dieu on April 12th, 2015 at the age of 83. Beloved husband of Glennis Buckland. Predeceased by his cherished son Stephen, brother to Kathy (Leslie Newland) and Norma Canning. He was predeceased by his brother Kenneth Bassett, his mother Edith Bassett and father Kenneth Edward Bassett. Fluff leaves to mourn his beloved nieces and nephews, Jamie Newland, Jenny Newland (Edward Watson), Derek, Shawn, Christopher, Colin Canning and their spouses, Alan and Bev Sharman (their children: Wesley, Amy, Jared and their spouses), Brenda and Rodney Kent (their children : Randy, Christopher, Tina and the late Victoria), Debbie Ferguson (Robert), Barbara McGregor (Jerry), along with some grand nieces and nephews. A graveside service will be held on Saturday, June 20, 20015 at 1:00 pm at the Reedsville Cemetery, North Hatley. Rev Mead Baldwin officiating. Come share your memories and stories with family and friends at a reception immediately following at the North Hatley Legion. Thanks to the loving care Fluff received at the Wales Home as well as the wonderful care given by Dr. François Lamontagne and his staff at the CHUS Hôtel-Dieu. Donations to Lennoxville District Community Aid Meals on Wheels North Hatley , P.O. Box 292, Succ Lennoxville , Sherbrooke, QC J1M 1Z5 would be greatly appreciated. Fluff was a long time volonteer fireman for the North Hatley Fire Department, a volonteer for the North Hatley meals on wheels and hew was also involeved in a number of community organizations.
- 1917-2015 Suddenly at home on Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at the age of 97. Beloved wife of the late John Cox and dear mother of Lawrence (Sandie) and Barry (Joanne). Cherished grandmother of Melanie and Janice of Ottawa. She leaves to mourn her step grandson Jeff Picard (Laurie), step great grandchildren Nicole Tebby (Neil), Jordan and Jasmine, her step great great grandchildren kaleb and Mackenzie as well as her brother Stanley Brown and her sisters Meryl Bradley and Carol Garfat. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), on Sunday, April 12th, 2015 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 pm and on Monday, April 13th from 1 to 2 pm followed by the funeral service at 2 pm. Rev Heather Thomson officiating. Interment in St. James Cemetery, Compton at a later date. Donations to the Heart and Stroke Foundation, 100-2630, rue King Ouest, Sherbrooke, QC J1J 2H1 or the charity of your choice would be appreciated.
- Hoy, Annie Mabel (Briggs) Passed away at the Grace Christian Home, on March 18, 2015 in her 99th year. Wife of the late George Hoy. Mother of Audrey (the late Gene Kuzyk), grandmother of Lance, Laurie and Landon. Great grandmother of six and great great grandmother of three. Special friend of Reg Aulis. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), on Sunday, March 22, 2015 from 7 to 9 pm and on Monday, March 23, 2015 from 1 to 2 pm. A celebration of life will be held at 2pm in the funeral home chapel. Interment in Malvern Cemetery.
- Passed away peacefully at the CHSLD Magog, Qc. on March 16, 2015, at the age of 88 years. Loving wife of the late Clinton Knapp and dear companion of the late Ray. Precious mother of Evelyn and George (Shirley). She will also be sadly missed by her grandchildren and great-grandchildren along with her sister Genevieve Shepherd-Howe, and many other relatives and friends. As a tribute to her memory, donations made to the CHSLD 50 St-Patrice Est. Magog, Qc. J1X 3X3, would be greatly appreciated by the family. A private service will be held at a later date.
- OLSON (NEE BLANCHETTE), KATHLEEN (KAY) July 2, 1929 – March 11, 2015 It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Kay Olson, age 85, of Fergus, Ontario, formerly of Bury, Quebec. She died at Grand River Hospital, Kitchener, on March 11, 2015 with her family by her side, as a result of a heart attack. Wife of the late Glen Olson, she is survived by her daughter Wendy-Lynne Olson, grandson Rocky Coates (Stephanie), great grandsons Nicolas and Emmett Coates, daughter Nancy-Lee Olson-Barkhouse (the late Frank) and grandson Gunnar Barkhouse, as well as many friends and extended family. Visitation will be held at St. Paul’s Anglican Church, Bury, QC on Friday, March 20th, 2015 from 7:00 to 9:00 pm and on Saturday from 1:00 to 2:00 pm. The funeral service will be at 2:00 pm on March 21st, 2015 followed immediately by burial at the Bury cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Bury Cemetery, 568 Main St., Bury, QC J0B 1J0 or to the charity of your choice would be gratefully acknowledged.
- Peacefully at CHUS Fleurimont on Sunday March 8, 2015 at age 100. Wife of the late Spencer Brock, mother to Glenn (Eleanor Duffy) and the late Deryl (Lise Leblanc), mother-in-law to Diane Bouchard, grandmother to Pamela Brock (Darrell Gillim), Erika Brock (David Mastine), Kendra Brock (Christopher Liebrecht), Jason Brock (Melissa Wingeat), Sonya Brock (Jeramy McCutcheson), Claudia Brock (Iain Graham) and Danny Brock. Great-grandmother to Lindsay Mastine (Julien Thibodeau), Emily Mastine (Kevin Hammond), Callum, Trinity and Ruby Mastine, Ethan, Daniel, Oliver, Anna and Sophie Liebrecht, Spencer and Katie Brock, Matthew and Olivia da Silva, Ryan and Rachel Graham and Lily Brock. Great-great grandmother to Sierra Mastine. She also leaves to mourn her sister Teenie Wallace (Bruce), sister-in-law Vi Hawkins, brother-in-law Allan Goodfellow and her son Deryl’s sisters Mary and Nora. At her request a private family service will be held. Private internment in the spring. In lieu of flowers the family would appreciate donations to: The Wales Home Foundation 506 route 243 Richmond, QC J0B 2H0 The family wishes to thank the staff of the Wales Home for the care and compassion she received during her many years of residency, as well as grateful thanks to the Doctors and staff of CHUS Fleurimont and especially the staff of the 9th floor.
- Passed away peacefully at the Connaught Home on February 27, 2015 at the age of 92. Loving husband of Shirley Bain Barter for 68 years. Dear father of Barry (Debbie Devnich), Nancy (David Townshend), John (Martine Picard) and Mary (Jean-Marc Gilbert). Proud grandfather of Jason, Brad, Vanessa (Alexandre), Philippe (Jennifer), David (Catherine), Marc and Mélanie. Great-grandfather of Nathan, Laurianne and Mathilde. Meredith leaves to mourn his sisters, Betty-Ann Cousins and Janet Angrave, along with many other relatives and friends. Resting at Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St., Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), Quebec on Tuesday, March 3, 2015 from 7 to 9 p.m. The funeral service will be held at Waterville-North Hatley United Church, 460 Principale S., Waterville, Quebec on Wednesday, March 4, 2015 at 2 p.m., Rev. Mead Baldwin officiating. The family would like to thank the staff of the Connaught Home for the wonderful care given to Mr. Barter. Donations to the Waterville-North Hatley United Church, 460 Princiaple S. Waterville, QC J0B 3H0 or the Connaught Home , Dr. W. J. Klinck Foundation c/o Massawippi Christian Retirement Homes, 1501 rue Campbell, Sherbrooke, QC J1M 0C1, would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- (1934-2015) Passed away in Sherbrooke on February 4, 2015, Huguette Bolduc at the age of 80 years. Beloved wife of the late John Colton and dear sister of Hélène Bolduc and of the late Gilles Bolduc ( Gisèle Beauchemin) and the late Marcel Bolduc (Monique Kirouac). Dear Aunt of Andrée, Lyne and the late Michel. Huguette is survived by her stepdaughter Nancy Colton (Daniel Gagnon), her stepson John M. Colton (Linda May Desmarais) along with many nieces, nephews other relatives and dear friends. Huguette will be resting at the Maison Funéraire des Cantons Funeral Home, 951 Haut- Bois South, Sherbrooke (Rock Forest), QC. On Tuesday, February 17, 2015.There will be visiting hours from 1 to 3 p.m. followed by the funeral service at 3 p.m. in the funeral home chapel. Interment will be held at the Elmwood Cemetery in the spring. The family wishes to thank Dr. Longval for his availability and valuable services. As a memorial tribute, donations to the Heart and Stroke Foundation, 100-2630, King West St. Sherbooke, QC J1J 2H1 would be greatly appreciated.
- Frank Joseph Boushel of Katevale, Quebec died peacefully on January 13, 2015 in Aylmer, Quebec at the age of 86. Frank was born on December 12, 1928 on the island of Inishturk, County Mayo, The Republic of Ireland. The son of William and Mary Boushel, he was one of 6 children (Kay, John, Phil, Tom (twin brother) and William) and was known in the area of County Mayo as one of the twins. In 1931, Frank immigrated to Canada and grew up in Montreal-East. He received a bachelor’s degree in Education from Université de Montréal and a Master’s degree in Education from St. Michael’s College, University of Vermont. He was an accomplished teacher and went on to become vice-principal of Marymount High School in NDG, Montreal and principal of Alexander Galt Regional High School in Lennoxville, Quebec. He was a Regent of Bishop’s University and served briefly as acting-Dean of the Faculty of Education. He played a leading role in secondary education in Quebec in the 60’s and 70’s and was a strong proponent of bilingualism in Quebec and Canada. Frank found solace in nature and spent his free time in the forest at his farm in St. Catherine de Hatley, Quebec. He will be deeply missed by Myra Fleming, the mother of his 6 children (Kevin, Francis, Anne-Marie, Robert, Siobhan and Sean), by his life partner Mary Cosgrove and her daughters (Kelley, Tracy, Erin, Tara) and by his 12 grandchildren. The funeral will be held at the catholic church in Ste. Catherine de Hatley, Monday January 19 at 2 PM. A visitation will be held at the Cass Funeral Home, 900 Clough St., in Ayer’s Cliff, Sunday January 18, from 7-9 pm. Donations may be made to La Maison Mathieu-Froment-Savoie, Outaouais Palliative Care Centre, 170, rue Sherbrooke, Gatineau, Qc. J8Y 2L6.
- Went peacefully to be with her Lord and Saviour on December 7, 2015 at Grace Christian Home in Sherbrooke,QC. Predeceased by her beloved husband Wylam in 2006 and her brothers Robert, Douglas, Malcolm, and Bruce. Survived by her dear sister-in-law Kay Binning and several nieces and nephews. Nan was a much loved mentor and friend to so many through three generations. She also taught with the Montreal Protestant School Board and was awarded the Order of Scholastic Merit. At her request there will be a private burial at Mount Royal cemetery. For those who would like to in Nan's memory, donations to Grace Christian Home or Frontier Lodge, Quebec would be appreciated.
- Passed away peacefully after a brief illness on Monday, December 7, 2015 at La Sapinière, East Angus. Loving wife of the late Gerald Dunsmore. ear mother of Gary (Linda White), Gail (Wayne Grapes), Brian (Nancy Blair), Carol (John Ward), and Gerry (Christine Morgan). Survived by her sister Therese Connor. Marguerite will be sadly missed by her grandchildren: Adam Grapes (Brigette) and Brenda Grapes, Cameron Dunsmore, Jeremy and Pamela Dunsmore, Madeline and Nicole Dunsmore, Tanya Dunsmore and Kara Poulin, Zackery and Liam Dunsmore, and Laura Grapes. She will also be missed by many cousins and friends. he family would like to thank the staff at La Sapinière for the excellent care given to Mrs. Dunsmore. n lieu of flowers, donations to the Sand Hill Cemetery (c/o Roger Heatherington, 38 Warren Ave, East Angus, QC, J0B 1R0) would be greatly appreciated. nterment will take place at a later date.
- Peacefully, at CHUS Fleurimont, on November 28th 2015 at the age of 83, passed away Mr. Roger Bolduc husband of the late Marie-Pierre Hivert of Sawyerville. He leaves to mourn his 5 children all residents of Cookshire or Sawyerville; Yves (Lucie Lambert), Ghislaine (Marc Nault), Chantal (Jacques Campeau), Brigitte (Steven St-Cyr), Marc (Shelley Jacklin). He also leaves to mourn his sister, brother, nieces, nephews, 9 grand children, 3 great grand children, family and many close friends. Family and friends will be welcomed in the basement of the Church Notre Dame du St-Rosaire, 4 Randboro St, Sawyerville, Friday December 11th, 2015 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. and the day of the funeral December 12th, 2015 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. followed by the funeral service at 11 a.m. In lieu of flowers the family suggests expression of your sympathy through a donation to the COOKSHIRE FAIR, SACC, CP 988, Cookshire, Qc J0B 1M0. Burial will take place at a later date.
- (1928-2015) Passed away on November 4, 2015 at the Wales Home, Richmond, QC, with her family by her side. She was the spouse of the late Raymond Woods. Elsie leaves to mourn her loving children Brian, Larry (Linda Grainger), Donna (Kurt Wallar), Randy, and Kimberley (Chris Wright); her three grandchildren Alyssa, Chad and Thomas; and her great-grandchild Emily. She also leaves behind many relatives and friends. A memorial service will be held at Melbourne Ridge United Church (565 Rte 243, Melbourne, QC) on Monday, November 9 at 11 am. Family will be at the church at 10 am to receive condolences. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Melbourne Ridge United Church Cemetery Fund would be appreciated.
- Passed away at the CHUS-Hotel Dieu on Saturday, August 15, 2015. Son of the late John Barley and the late Rhea McNaughton. John leaves to mourn his wife, Ginette Perreault, his son Martin (Valérie Marcotte), his daughter Martine (Frédéric Séguin), his step-daughter Annie Lanneville, as well as his brothers and sisters-in-law, nephews, nieces, and friends. A ceremony will be held at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses (766 Montée Du Parc, Richmond) on Saturday, August 22 at 2 pm.
- Passed away at the Wales Home, Richmond, Qc on Friday, August 14th, 2015, Mrs. Isabelle Adele (nee Boy) Echenberg at the age of 89. Predeceased by husband, Eddy Echenberg. Isabelle leaves to mourn daughter, Cathy (Masayuki Hagiwara), two grandsons along with many other relatives and friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home in Lennoxville where friends and family may visit on Aug 20 from 10 -11:00 am. A funeral service at 11:00 am will follow with Rev. Heather Thomson officiating. Interment at a later date at the Riverside Cemetery, Scotstown. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Frontier Animal Society, PO Box 83, Stanstead, Qc J0B 3E2 http://www.frontieranimalsociety.ca/donate/donations.shtml would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully in her 91st year at the CHUS Fleurimont. Predeceased by three sisters and a brother. She will be sadly missed by her two sisters, many nieces and nephews, great and great great nieces and nephews. Comforted knowing she is « absent from the body and present with the Lord ». A memorial service will take place on Friday, July 3, 2015 at 2 pm at Grace Chapel, 267 Montreal St. Sherbrooke, QC. A light lunch will be served. In lieu of flowers, memorial gifts may be given to Frontier Lodge, 1406 Rte 141 St-Hermenegilde, QC J0B 2W0 or Parkside Ranch, 1505 Ch Alfred Desrochers, Orford, QC J1X 6J4.
- Passed away peacefully on June 21, 2015 at the Foyer Richmond. At the age of 99, wife of the late Patrick Young. Daughter of the late Stephen Bryant and Nettie Gladden. She leaves to mourn her four daughters; Dorothy Kasinskas (the late Joe) of Manchester, NH, Myrna Hebert (Robert) of Cleveland, QC, Audrey Coote (Steve) of Frankville, ON, and Patricia Young (the late Bob) of Danville, QC; and her two sisters, Ruby Cutler of Lennoxville, QC, and Evelyn Beaudoin of Sherbrooke, QC. She also leaves several grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and great-great grandchildren as well as many nieces and nephews. A graveside service will be held at 2 p.m. on July 11, 2015 in Reedsville Cemetery, North Hatley, QC, with the Reverend Reginald Jennings officiating. Heartfelt thanks for the wonderful care given by the staff at the Foyer Richmond.
- Passed away at the CSSS Memphrémagog on June 13, 2015, at the age of 95. Beloved wife of the late Gilbert Flanders and precious mother of: Elizabeth (the late Don), Windfield (Teresa), Roberta (Lawrence), Winston (Vivian), Lyford (Sylvie), and Douglas (Carol), and the late Helen. Alice will also be sadly missed by her sister Edith Buzzell Valliere along with her grandchildren and great- grandchildren, along with nieces, nephews, and many friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 545 Dufferin, Stanstead. Qc. where family and friends may come to visit on Wednesday, June 17 from 2:00 to 4:00 and 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. The service will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday , June 18.. The family wishes to thank the nurses and doctors on the sixth floor of the CSSS Memphrémagog, and the staff of the Palliative Care Unit for the wonderful care and kindness given to their mother. As a tribute to her memory, donations made to the CSSS Memphrémagog , 50 St-Patrice Est, would be greatly appreciated by the family
- (1922 - 2015) With heavy hearts the family announces the passing of Helen Saunders at the age of 92. Beloved wife of the late Don Saunders. Cherished mother of Cindy (Bob Martin). Helen leaves to mourn her sister, Cassie Hall of Shawville, nephew David, and nieces Linda, Helen, Barbie, and Kathy. Special thanks to Wendy Olson (her second daughter), and also to Karen and Gilles. Mom was a very strong spirited lady. Family and friends are invited to a graveside service at 3 pm on Saturday, May 2, 2015 at the Bury Protestant Cemetery, with Tami Spires officiating. A special thanks to the staff at the Youville for the wonderful care given to mom. "Rest in peace."
- BEAVER, Peggy Faye – 70, of Stanstead, died Thursday, December 31st, 2015, at her home in Stanstead. She was born May 22nd, 1945, in Halifax, Nova Scotia, the daughter of Charles (Leo) Beaver and Thelma Boutilier. She is survived by her cherished companion Denis Distefano of Stanstead; five adored daughters, Brenda (David) Visser of Ontario, Lynda (Denis) Bobbitt of Quebec, Wanda (Bob) Campbell of Vermont, Sabrina (Chris) Rainville of Vermont and Melissa Distefano of Quebec; eight beloved grandchildren, Sheena (Tim) Brazeau, Patrick Campbell, Ryan Campbell, Conway Bobbitt, Samantha Bobbitt, Heather Bobbitt, Isaac Distefano and Evyn Distefano; one treasured great granddaughter Alexis Brazeau; one brother and five sisters of Nova Scotia. Visitation will be held at the Cass funeral Home, 545, Dufferin, Stanstead, on Friday, January 15th, 2016, from 2-4 p.m. and 7-9 p.m. as well as on Saturday January 16th from 10-11 a.m. A funeral service will follow at the funeral home.
- Passed away after a courageous battle with cancer on December 24, 2015, at the age of 40. Beloved wife of 20 years to Allan Stanley, heart and soul to their son Nathan. "Mom was always there when we needed her, she always knew what to do. Mom was always right. I will forever be her little boy, and she will always be the star in my life that shined the brightest even on the worst of days." Cherished daughter of Allan and Cheryl Bradley, and loving sister of James (Taurie). Daughter-in-law to Earl and Judy Stanley, sister-in-law to Casey (Jack). Laurie will be missed by her nieces and nephews Madison, Jackson, Cooper, George and Joseph, as well as many aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. Taken from her loved ones before her time, she will be remembered as a strong, brave, and loving person. Resting at Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College, Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), QC, on Monday, January 4, 2016 from noon to 3 pm. Funeral service will follow at 3 pm, Rev. Heather Thomson officiating. Interment at a later date. The family is deeply grateful for the outpouring of love, prayers, and support during this difficult time. Memorial tributes to the Canadian Cancer Society or the Canadian Diabetes Association would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully on December 19th, in his 91st year. Loving remembered by his wife Dorothy Stevenson, his son Gordon Steven Roy (Linda) and his daughter Pamela Margaret. Private graveside prayers will be held with Rev Dean Ross. Donations to the charity of your choice would be appreciated.
- 1925 – 2015 passed away peacefully on December 18th 2015 at the age of 90 at his home surrounded by his family. He was the son of the late Carl and Ethel (McHarg) of Bishopton, Quebec. Lloyd spent most of his years in the Stanstead area and was involved in many organizations including the Legion, Masons, Stanstead South United Church and the Crystal Lake Cemetery. Lloyd leaves to mourn his beloved wife of 64 years Rheta (Jones); his daughters Heather Gillam (David) of Alliston, Ontario, and Tammy Dupuis of Derby, VT; his grandchildren Jared Harrison (Amy), Lindsay Chizen (Justin), Chad Dupuis; his great-grandson Degan as well as his brother Lorne (Pauline). Lloyd was predeceased by his loving daughter, Marlene Harrison; his sisters Elaine Hosking, Shirley Willard and his brother Douglas Bishop. Many nieces, nephews and cherished friends also share in our loss. Lloyd`s wishes were to have no funeral service at this time, but to have a graveside service at a later date with his daughter, Marlene. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Crystal Lake Cemetery c/o Brian Curtis at 2250 Curtis Rd, Stanstead Quebec, JOB 3E0. Holiday wishes and thanks to all of our family and friends at this sad time.
- Passed away peacefully at Maison Knowlton, Knowlton, Quebec on December 7, 2015. Daughter of the late Donald M. Booth and Lillie B. Topp, Granby, Quebec. Fondly remembered by her cousin Derek Booth, his family, and her many friends. Cremation has occurred and, following her wishes, there will be no visitation or funeral service. Interment of ashes will take place in Pinewood Cemetery, Granby, at a later date in the spring. Donations in memory of Frances may be made to the Canadian Red Cross.
- (1932-2015) Mrs. Julienne (Julie) Jackson (nee Carrier), of South Durham, QC, passed away peacefully on Saturday, October 3, 2015 at the age of 83. Julienne is survived by her devoted husband William Jackson; her loving son Normand Leclerc (Andrée Gagné); William's daughters Patricia, Pamela and Kimberly; her cherished granddaughters Sarah-Anne, Claudie and Maude (their mother Marjolaine Hébert); nine great-grandchildren; her sister, Jocelyne Carrier (Emond family); the April family; the Lachance family; along with many other relatives and friends. Julie will be greatly missed. Visitation will be held on Sunday, October 18, 2015 from 1:30 pm to 2:30 pm at the South Durham United Church (190 Principale, South Durham, QC), followed by a memorial service celebrating Julie’s life. Interment will follow in the parish cemetery. Friends and family are then invited to stay to share stories. The family is grateful for the condolences. In lieu of flowers donations to the Canadian Cancer Society would be greatly appreciated.
- Mary Crosby Scholes, wife of the late Merlin Scholes, passed away at the CHUS Fleurimont on the evening of Thursday, August 13, 2015. Daughter of the late Howard Crosby and the late Elinor Van Vliet and deughter in law of the late Harold Scholes and Rose McGuire. Mary will be extremely missed by her son James Scholes. Mary was the beloved sister of Ruth, Karen (Martin McEligott), Douglas (Joye), Peter (Cherie), David (Jean), Jonathan, and the late Alvin. She will also be missed by many nieces and nephews, great nieces and nephews, and great great nephews. James' best friend Bruce Barrows (Corinne) who spent so much time at her house when he was growing up that he called her mom is broken hearted. Her brother-in-law John Scholes (Andrée) will miss her terribly as the worked together at the Sherbrooke Hospital and spoke every night on the phone. The Sawyerville United Church will mourn the loss of their organist who never missed church and became a lay minister to make sure that other small churches would have a service every week. Mary was also a long time member of the UCW. Resting at Cass Funeral Homes, 15 Station, Sawyerville, on Friday, August 21 from 7 pm to 9 pm, and Saturday, August 22 from 10 am to 10:45 am, followed by the funeral service at 11 am. Reverend Martyn Sadler officiating. Interment will take place of the Eaton Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Heart and Stroke Foundation would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully in her home on Thursday July 2, 2015. Predeceased by her loving companion George Young. Survived by her brothers Gordon (Donna), Ronnie (Eileen), and Douglas (Carol); her sister Virginia (David McLachlan); her children Ronnie, Alan (Brenda), Debbie, Mary, and Michael; her grandsons Kevin (Andy) and Jordan; her granddaughter Isabelle; and her step-granddaughter Marilyn Johnston. As per her wishes, cremation took place and there will be no visitation or funeral service. Internment along with her loving companion will be at the Elmwood Cemetery at a later date.
- David "Butch" Crack, aged 69, passed away on June 18, 2015 at La Maison Aube-Lumiere in Sherbrooke, QC. After a full life and with no regrets he leaves this earth to be with his deceased wife Phyllis Mary (Todd). He leaves behind "the woman who takes care of me", his beloved Barbara Anne Levitt; his daughter and son-in-law Cyndy and Pete Montana and their two kids, Kaylee and Jaxen (Grand Island, NY); his son David Jr, his two kids Savannah and Kolton and their mom Caroline Bisson; his brother Robert Charles Crack (Phyllis) and sister Miriam Rose "Mickey" Crack. Butch has fought and won many battles with cancer over the years, however, he found out in May that the melanoma had finally taken the upper hand. Butch has been overwhelmed with joy having received many calls, messages, cards, visits and prayers from family and friends from all over the world. He was a world-renowned auctioneer, cattle judge and business man, but nowhere was he happier and more proud than at Crackholm Farm with his family. Friends and family are welcome to pay their last respects on Thursday, June 25th 7 pm - 9 pm, and Friday, June 26th 2 pm - 4 pm and 7 pm - 9 pm at the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principal South, Richmond, Quebec. Respects may also be paid at the farm (262 ch. De la Riviere, Richmond, QC) on Saturday, June 27th, from 11 am to 1 pm, followed by the funeral service at 2 pm. A celebration of his life will be held at Crackholm Farm immediately following the interment at St-Andrew's Cemetery. There will be food, drinks, music, stories and a final farewell with a fireworks display. The Crack family is very grateful for the quality of care, the comfortable facility and the amazing staff members at La Maison Aube Lumiere, who were wonderful guides through this transition for Butch and the family. Donations to La Maison Aube Lumiere in lieu of flowers is appreciated. (3071, 12e Ave Nord, Sherbrooke, QC J1H 5H3.
- William Bliss Cartmel (1929-2015) Passed away peacefully at the CSSS Memphrémagog, on Sunday, February 8th, 2015 at the age of 85. Beloved husband of Barbara Perry and dear father to Mary, Virginia (Stephen), Janet (David), Jennifer (Brent) and Jeffrey (Amber). Papa Bliss to grandchildren Zachary, Roger, Kyle, Brody, Leigh (Mark), Sarah (Mike), Charlie, Brooks and Kai and "Uncle Bull" to his many nieces and nephews. He leaves to mourn his brother-in-law Maurice Devlen. A funeral service will be held on Saturday, February 14th, 2015 at 2 pm at the St. Luke's Anglican Church, 290, rue Des Pins, Magog, QC J1X 2H9. There will be a visitation at the church one hour prior to the service. The family would like to thank Dr. Quirion, Dr. Valliquette, Dr. Masse and the staff at CSSS de Memphrémagog. In lieu of flowers, donations to Centre de Santé et de Services Sociaux de Memphrémagog Soins Palliatifs, 50, rue Saint-Patrice Est, Magog, QC J1X 2H9 would be appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully, surrounded by his family, on Tuesday January 20th 2015, Francis Cleveland at the age of 86. Loving husband of 58 years to Eleanor Goodfellow, and dear father of Judy (Bill Ball), Kathy (Mike Doran), Gail (Alain Mitchell), Larry (Cheryl Labrie and her daughter Chrystel), and Ken. Loving grandfather of Chris (Karyn) and Kim (Dan) Ball, Michael (Sylvia), David (June), Philip, and Rachelle (Peter) Doran, Sandra, Julie and Ricky (Sara) Mitchell, and Brent and Tyler Cleveland. Francis also leaves to mourn his 6 great grandchildren along with many brothers-in-law, sisters-in-law, nieces, nephews and dear friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principale S., Richmond where friends may visit on Friday January 23rd from 7 to 9 PM and on Saturday from 1 to 2 PM. A celebration of Francis’ life will be held at the funeral home on Saturday at 2:00 PM with Rev. Bill Ball and Rev. Mike Doran officiating. Interment in the Danville Protestant Cemetery at a later date. A special thanks to all the staff at the CHUS Fleurimont for the wonderful care given to Francis. Donations to the Wales Home Foundation, 506 Rte 243N, Richmond, QC J0B 2H0 would be appreciated by the family.
- Passed away at the CHUS Fleurimont, Sherbrooke, On Thursday January 15th, 2015, Mrs Nellie Evans at the age of 89. Wife of the late Harry Evans, and dear mother of Phyllis (Fern Cartier), Mildred (Jean-Louis Perreault), Gary (Linda), Donnie (Elaine), Linda (the late André Tousignant), Patty (Yvan Gagniere), Pearl (Pierre Deschenes) Larry (the late Carole), Connie (Roger Rioux), and Harry. Nellie also leaves to mourn her grandchildren, great grand children, great great grandchildren, her brother-in-law Ronald Evans (Dorothy), sister-in-law Rita (late Antoine Dubuc) along with many nieces, nephews and dear friends. Resting at the Dupuis Funeral Home, 148 Daniel Johnson, Danville, where friends may visit on Friday January 16th from 7 to 9 PM and on Saturday from 10 to 11 AM. A funeral service will be held in the funeral home on Saturday January 17th at 11:00 AM. Interment in the Danville Protestant Cemetery at a later date. Donations to the Canadian Cancer society or the Heart and Stroke Foundation, would be greatly appreciated by the family. Arrangements entrusted to Cass Funeral Homes Inc. 819-564-1750
- Passed away at the CHUS Fleurimont on October 16, 2015, at the age of 40 years. Husband of Isabelle Bresse and beloved son of Arthur Carette (Frances) and the late Danièle Asselin. Visitation at Cass Funeral Home (50 Craig Street, Cookshire) on Friday, October 23, 2015 from 7 pm to 9 pm, and on Saturday, October 24, 2015 from 10 am to1:45 pm. The funeral service will take place at 2 pm on Saturday, October 24, 2015 at St-Camille Church in Cookshire. Interment at the St-Camille Cemetery at a later date. Dominic leaves to mourn his children Joël and Audrey; and his sister and brothers Marylène, Jean-Michel (Isabel) and Guillaume (Yanick). He will be sadly missed by his father-in-law Renald Bresse (Denise Dusseault), brother-in-law Steeve Bresse, his nieces and nephews Samuel, Marie-Noël, Michelle, Jonatan, Anne-Marie, Nicolas and Laurie-Anne, as well as many aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. The family would like to thank the Cookshire First Responders and the staff at the CHUS Fleurimont for the excellent care given to Mr.Carette
- (1940-2015) Third generation Island Brook native, pioneer of organic and bio-dynamic farming, dowser, passed onto another dimension on November 12, 2015. Beloved son of the late Eugenia Wypruk and the late Earle Dawson, brother of the late Diane Dawson. He will be greatly missed by his partner Annick Doucet, Terry Howell (Pauline Wilson), his extended family, many friends and his precious dog family. A gathering to celebrate Bobby's life will be held at Island Brook Community Center, to be determined. Donations in his memory can be made at your local no-kill animal shelter. And you can always make Bob smile by buying local and organic.
- Peacefully on November 2, 2015 at the CHSLD - East Angus in her 79th year. Daughter of the late Lee Dezan and the late Annie Yetter. Beloved wife of the late Gerald Buttemer. Loving mother of Sharon and Michael. She leaves behind her grandchildren Laura, Melanie, Roxanne, and Philip. Ruby will be sadly missed by her great-grandchildren Mahee-Lee and Charles who were her pride and joy. Ruby also leaves her brothers and sisters Ida Hoyt, Maurice Dezan, Roger Dezan, Marilyn Dezan, Edwin Dezan, and Edwina Crow, who will miss her dearly, and her sister-in-law Tillie who also had a warm place in her heart. A graveside service will be held on November 12 at 3 pm at St.John's Cemetery (near Batleys Pond) in Brookbury, QC.
- January 31,1930-October 9, 2015 Iona passed away peacefully at the Wales Home surrounded by her nephews and nieces. Beloved daughter of the late John and Annie (George) Davidson. Predeceased by her sisters Ila Currie (Gerald) and Wilma McElravy (Fred). Iona will be sadly missed by her nephews and nieces and many friends. At Iona's request, cremation has taken place and there will be no memorial or funeral service. In lieu of flowers, a donation to the Wales Home, Richmond or the Riverside Cemetery, Kinnear's Mills, would be greatly appreciated. The family would like to send a special thanks to the staff at the Wales Home for the wonderful care given to Iona.
- In loving memory of Katherine (Kathy) Duffy (nee Dubuc), of Claresholm AB, who passed away peacefully surrounded by family on August 9 2015. She is survived by: her husband Wendell; her brother Robert Dubuc; and her 3 children - Warren (Rita-Mae), Donald (Cori), and Shirley (Alan). She also leaves to mourn: 3 grandchildren - Clint, Nora, and Alyson and great-grandson Blake. She was predeceased by her parents May and Henry Dubuc, her sister Shirley, and brother Lawrence. No service is planned at this time. A graveside service and interment will be planned for Spring of 2016 in South Durham QC, time and date to be determined. In lieu of flowers donations can be made to St James Cemetery South Durham, or Windsor Protestant Cemetery through Cass Funeral Homes.
- Trudy (Davio) Lachance passed away peacefully at the CSSS Memphremagog on May 1st, 2015 at the age of 63 years, loving wife of Denis Lachance from Stanstead. Beloved daughter of the late Erving Davio and the late Jean Kennedy. Dear mother of Mélanie and Joanne (Alexandre Montour) and proud grandmother to Morgan O'Rourke and to Emery Jane Aubé. She leaves to mourn her sisters Lauren, Tracey (Gaston Morin) and Robin (Lucien Noiseux). Dear sister to the late Ricky. She also leaves to mourn her sisters and brothers-in-law: André (Gisèle), Thérèse o.s.u., Lucien (Jeannine), Eugène (Suzanne), Jeannette (Gaston), Rita (Raymond), Henri-Louis (Lina), Marcel (Thérèse), Guy, Réal (Rollande), Raymonde (Réal), Hélène (André), Simonne (Claude) and Réjeanne. She was sister in law to the late Raymond. She also leaves to mourn numerous cousins, nephews and nieces, other parents and friends. The family will receive condolences at the Cass Funeral Home, 545 Dufferin Street in Stanstead, on Friday, May 22, 2015 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. and on Saturday May 23, 2015 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., followed by internment at the Mont Sainte-Marie Cemetery. The family would like to thank the personnel of the CHUS, the CSSS of Magog and the CLSC from Stanstead, as well as her family doctor, Dre Anne Surprenant for the wonderful care given to Mrs. Lachance. Donations in Mrs Lachance’s memory to the Heart & stroke foundation, 1434, rue Ste-Catherine Ouest, bureau 500, Montréal, Québec, H3G 1R4, would be appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully at his home with his family by his side, on March 25, 2015 at the age of 59. Beloved husband of Patricia Robinson and dear son of Jean and Ross Davidson. Cherished father of Ann-Marie Davidson (Clint Roberts), Jason Davidson (Emily Boutin), Kayla Coulombe (James Bolduc) and Julie Sullivan (Rémi Lessard). Edward leaves to mourn his sister Darleen Boccarossa (Mario Boccarossa), brother Eric Davidson (Heather Davidson), his grandchildren Faith Roberts, Hailey Roberts, Lexie Bolduc, Holden Bolduc and Rylie Davidson, along with his nieces and nephews, Tina, Marty, Micheal, Christine and family. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principale S. Richmond, Qc, on Saturday, March 28, 2015 from 12 to 4 pm. A graveside service will be held at the St-Anne's Cemetery at a later date. Donations to the Canadian Cancer Society, 3330, King West, bureau 130, Sherbrooke, QC J1L 1C9 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- 1929 - 2015 Peacefully at the CHUS Fleurimont on Saturday, March 21st, in his 86th year. Beloved husband of the late Phyllis Suitor, much-loved father of Jane (Frank Wilson), Kathy (Bryan Gorrie), Edwin (Sharon Bogie), Elizabeth, Bob (Shirley Gaudrault), Peter (Sue Grady) and Christa (Daniel Lefebvre), cherished grumps and grandpa of Jessica and Rebecca (Etienne Levesque) Wilson, Candis (Jeff Todd) and Lori (Tim Roux) Deacon, Kimberley Giroux, Matthew (Laura) and Mitchell (Nicole and Emma) Deacon, Jakob (Sarah Bradley) and Shelbi (Jamie McFarlane) Deacon, Julia and Nicholas Lefebvre, and great-grandpa of Brooklyn Todd and Lorenzo Levesque. He will also be sadly missed by his brother Fred (Dottie) Deacon, his sister Betty Wood, his sisters-in-law Marjorie Suitor and Jean Naylor and brother in-in-law Eugene Naylor, as well as nieces nephews and cousins. Stewart also had great happiness in the later years of his life with his companion Joyce Langlois, who we will never be able to thank enough for her caring and support of our Dad. The family invites relatives and friends to join us as we celebrate the life of this wonderful man - visitation will be at Cass Funeral Homes, 3006 College Street, Sherbrooke (Lennoxville) from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 on Tuesday, March 24th, and funeral service on Wednesday, March 25th at 2 at the Lennoxville United Church, Rev. James Potter and Rev. Heather Thomson officiating. Interment in Lakeview Cemetery at a later date. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Kidney Foundation of Canada, 2300 René Lévesque Blvd. West, Montreal, QC H3H 2R5 or to the CHUS Foundation, 530 10th avenue S., Sherbrooke, QC J1G 2R9 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Dougherty, Donald: Passed away CHSLD Memphremagog on February 4, 2015, at the age of 78. Son of the late Arthur and the late Gertrude (Dougherty) Giroux. Loving husband of Jessie MacFarlane. Loving father of Mark and Kevin. Dear brother of Edward, Aylmer, Roy, the late Earnest, and Robert He also leaves his sisters Marguerite and Jean as well as other relatives and many friends. There will be visitation at the Cass Funeral Home, 545 Dufferin, Stanstead in the presence of the ashes from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. on Friday, February 13th.To honor his wishes,there will be no service .
- Passed away at the CSSS Memphremagog on February, 6, 2015, at the age of 82. Dear brother of: Leslie, Myrtle, Madelyn, Pauline, Irene, Milton, Mildred, and Richard. Eugene had a twin that died at birth. He will also be sadly missed by his sister-in- law Denise as well as his many nieces, nephews, grand nieces and nephews, his close friend Russell Wilson, other relatives and friends. Eugene worked in Butterfield and the Glove Shop, and will never be forgotten. A graveside service will be held in the Marlington cemetery at a later date. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Marlington Cemetery, in care of Caroline Parent, 24,Centre St., Stanstead, Qc. JOB 3E0 would be greatly appreciated.
- (1920-2015) Passed away suddenly on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 at the age of 94. Beloved husband of Blanche Dempsey. Dear father of Brenda (Ross Thomas). Cherished Grandpa to Aaron and Meagan (Dominic Vachon). Aubrey is predeceased by his brothers Elgin (Dorcas Spaulding), Colin (Irene), Gordon (Lavina Waldron), his sister Rita (Ralph Bennett) and sister-in-law Mildred Dempsey (Ronald Nourse). He leaves to mourn many special nieces, nephews, cousin Verna Westgate and dear friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 15 Station St. Sawyerville, QC, on Friday, February 20, 2015 from 1 to 2 pm followed by the funeral service at 2 pm with Tami Spires officiating. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Pet Connection, 1730 Wellington Sud, Sherbrooke, QC J1M 1K9 would be appreciated by the family.
- Passed away at the Foyer Richmond, on Tuesday, December 22, 2015 at the age of 77. Beloved son of the late Jessie Irene Davidson and the late Ralston Millar Graham. He leaves to mourn his brother Kenneth Charles Graham. Predeceased by his brother Donald Wilmar Graham and his sister-in-law Thelma Elizabeth Hawker. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principal Sud, Richmond, QC, on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 from 10 am to 11 am, followed by the funeral service at 11 am. Charlotte Griffith officiating. Interment at Maple Grove Cemetery. The family would like to thank the personnel at the Foyer Richmond for their compassionate care.
- Born March 27, 1925, died May 19, 2015 at the Hôtel-Dieu Hospital in Sherbrooke, husband of the late Mildred May Goodfellow (née Brock). Dear father of Richard (Mary), Robin (Cathy) and Carol (John Gillam). Grandfather of Shawn (Laura), Amy and Brock (Valerie) Goodfellow, and Dana (Dave) and Kirby (John) Gillam. Great-grandfather of Allyson, Owen, Maxwell, Ellen, Luke, Nash, Taylor, Ethan and Coen. Allan grew up in a family of 12 children, the late Clifford, the late Donald, Marion MacAllister, the late Sylvia Garland, the late Arnold, the late Robert, Marguerite Morrill, Eleanor Cleveland, Charles Goodfellow, Angus Goodfellow, and Hazel Farnham. The family would like to thank the staff and caregivers at the Wales Home for the excellent, professional and personal care they have given to Allan . Donations to the Wales Home Foundation, 506 RTE 243N, Richmond, QC, J0B 2H0, St-Andrew's Presbyterian Church, 265 Queen Sherbrooke, QC, J1M 1K6, or the Heart and Stroke Foundation, 100-2360 rue King Ouest, Sherbrooke, QC, J1J 2H1 would be greatly appreciated. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St., Sherbrooke, on Monday, May 25, 2015 from 10 am to 12 pm. Following the visitation, a lunch reception will be held for family and friends between noon and 1 pm at St-Andrew's Presbyterian Church hall, 265 Queen St., Sherbrooke (Lennoxville). From 1 to 1:45 pm there will be a visitation at the church. The funeral service will be held at 2 pm with Rev. John Barry Forsyth officiating. Interment will take place in the Elmwood Cemetery.
- Eileen GEORGE (née Grey) 1926-2015 Peacefully at the Connaught Home, on March 18 in her 89th year. Beloved wife of the late John George. Dear mother of Caroline, David (Barb), Maggie and Rick (Kathy). Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. in Lennoxville, where friends may call on Thursday, March 26 from 2 to 4 pm. Private interment at Milby Cemetery later in the spring. The family would like to thank Sandy Klinck and the staff for the wonderful care and compassion that Eileen received during her many years at the Connaught Home. As a tribute to Eileen's memory, donations made to Connaught Home, Dr. W.J. Klinck Foundation c/o Massawippi Christian Retirement Homes,1501 Campbell, Sherbrooke, QC J1M 0C1, would be greatly apreciated by the family.
- Muriel Paterson (nee Gibson) Passed away peacefully at the Grace Christian Home, on March 17, 2015 at the age of 100 years. Predeceased by her husband Douglas Paterson. She is survived by her son David Clark and his wife Mary her grandson Steve Clark (Iris) and also by her great grandchildren Edwin, Desmond and Andrea. As per her request there will be no visitation or funeral service. Burial of ashes at the Knowlton Cemetery at a later date. The family would like to thank the Grace Christian Home for the wonderful care given to Muriel. Donations in Muriel's memory may be made to the Dr. W. J. Klinck Foundation, c/o Massawippi Christian Retirement Homes, 1501, rue Campbell, Sherbrooke, QC J1M 0C 1.
- Passed away suddenly after a lengthy illness at the Coaticook Hospital on Thursday February 26, 2015, at the age of 86. Beloved husband of the late Florence Bean and dear companion of the late Marjorie Dobb. Loving father of Murray (Maxine) and Robert. Cherished brother of Thelma (Homer Cote). Adoring grandfather of Jessica . Ashley will also be sadly missed by his nieces, nephews, and friends. There will be visitation at the Cass Funeral Home at 900 Clough Ayer’s Cliff, on Monday, March 2nd 2015 from 1:00 p m until 2:00 p m followed by a celebration of his life in the funeral home.
- October 21, 1937 –January 31, 2015-02-02 At the CHUS Fleurimont, passed away after a short illness, son of the Late John Gordon Patterson and Marjorie Sexton, residing in Baldwin Mills, Quebec. An Air Canada retiree, avid curler, golfer and world traveller, Don is survived by his wife of 53 years, Aline Lapointe, his sons Michael, James (Jennifer Banton) and daughter Tracey (Jeff Greenbaum) as well as his six very special grandchildren, Max, Joely and Jake Greenbaum and Ian, Malcolm and Andrew Patterson. A Celebration of Life will be held on Sunday, February 8th at 3 p.m. with visitation from 2 p.m. at the Cass Funeral Home, 545 Dufferin St., Stanstead, Quebec. A memorial service will be held in Montreal at a later date. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Rotary Club of the Boundary, 4 Principale, Stanstead, Quebec JOB 3E5 or to the Border Curling Club, 26 Principale, Stanstead, Quebec JOB 3E5 will be appreciated.
- Norman GENTRY (1927-2015), faithful and loving husband, of Margaret Alloway-Gentry for 65 years, entered the presence of the God he loved & served on January 23rd 2015. He is survived by his dear wife, Margaret; and his children: Peter (Barbara), Ruth (Don Pape), Roy (Shirley), Grace (Abraham Shepherd), 11 grandchildren & 5 great grandchildren. Pre-deceased by his son, Paul; his brother, David; and his parents, Herbert & Dorothy May (Ludlow). We would like to express our thanks to all the staff at Grace Christian Home, who cared for him at his passing. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to: Dr. W.J. Klinck Foundation c/o Massawippi Christian Retirement Homes, 1501 rue Campbell, Sherbrooke, QC J1M 0C1 Registered Name: DR. W. J. KLINCK FOUNDATION Business Number: 859713109RR0001 Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), on Friday, January 30th, 2015 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 pm. Funeral will be held on Saturday, January 31st, 2015 at 2 pm at Hope Community Church, 102 Queen St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), QC J1M 1J6. Norman will be laid to rest at the Huntingville Cemetery at a later date. A memorial service will be held Saturday, February 14 /15 @ 2:00pm at Westview Bible Church, 16789 Pierrefonds Boul, Pierrefonds, QC H9H 4T3
- "Miss me, but let me go" A. Mabel Thorne (née Healy) died peacefully at home on Saturday, the 22nd of August 2015. Mabel is survived by her children, Phil (Line), Andy (Johanne) and Diane (Alex); siblings, Kathleen, Helen, Donald (Esther), Dorothy (Ronald) and Robert (Nancy); grandchildren, Adam, Tyna (Patrice) and Andrew, and great-grandchildren Jessica, Calista and Maeva. She is also survived by her sister in-law Harriet, Adam’s mother Bertha (Len), and numerous close friends and relatives. She is preceded in death by her husband George, daughter Cathy (Pierre) and her siblings Ken and Margaret. Mabel was born on the 23rd of June, 1929 in Danville, QC to Harvey and Bertha Healy. She spent her early life living in Danville, Asbestos and Richmond in the Eastern Townships of Quebec. She and her family moved to the West Island of Montreal and she enjoyed working in accounting at Fuller Tool for several years. In her retirement, she took great pride in tending her gardens, had a passion for ‘Scrabble’, and enjoyed a weekly game of cards with friends. A funeral is scheduled for noon on Sunday, the 4th of October at Collins Clarke MacGillivray White Funeral Home at 222 Autoroute 20, Pointe-Claire, QC H9S 3X6, with a reception and luncheon to follow. For those wishing to attend the luncheon, please let the family know by contacting Diane at email@example.com or by calling 514-791-1034. A private interment ceremony will take place following the luncheon. All are welcome to attend and celebrate Mabel’s life. In lieu of flowers, please send donations to your favourite charity or Mabel’s preferred charity; The Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada.
- It is with great sadness that we share the passing of our husband, father, grandfather and great grandfather M. Philippe (Buddy) Houle. Son of the late Phil Houle and Kathleen Stratton. Survived by his loving wife Monique Chartier, his loving children: Nicole (the late Jean Loslier), Jeannette (Danney Sisco), Cécile (Luc Tardif), André (Lucie), Lise (Rock Gagnon), Réal (Brigitte) and Suzanne; his grandchildren Andrew, Jennifer (Blake) Angela (Sylvain), Adam, Monica, Megan, Patricia, Sylvain (Becky), Kathy, Stéphanie (Kevin), Vanessa, Vicki (Luc), Mélanie (Éric), Ashley (Matt), Samantha, Nicolas (Tanya), Tommy (Marie-Eve), Cynthia (Steve), Kevin (Audrey), Chloé (Joseph), Nadia (Raphael), Jesse, Cody and Paige. He also leaves to mourn his 12 great-grandchildren; his sisters: Mary, Barbara (Raymond Anderson) and his brother Bobby (Cindy). He is predeceased by Francis Descoteau (Nancy), Catherine (Malcolm McLelland), Pearl (Robert Holden) and Bernadette (Ivan Catchpaw). He also leaves to mourn his brother-in-law René Chartier (Monique) and sister-in-law Gisèle (Antoine Leblanc). The family wishes to express a special thank you to Angie for her strength through this difficult time. The family will be receiving condolences on Friday, August 14th from 7:00-9:00 p.m. as well as August 15th from 10:30 a.m. until the funeral service at 11:00 a.m. at the Cass Funeral Home, 545, Dufferin in Stanstead.
- Passed away at the C.S.S.S Memphremagog on Friday, July 10 2015 at the age of 54. Beloved husband of Carole Lachance and cherished father of; Danny, Jennifer, April, Louise and Nathalie. Loving grandfather of 9 grandchildren. Precious son of Elizabeth and (the late Velmore.) Loving brother of Scott (Lina) and Randy (Niki). Barry will also be sadly missed by many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. The family wishes to thank all who took care of him and special thanks to Nathalie Langelier and Frédérick Côte for all their help at the hospitals. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 545 Dufferin, Stanstead on Thursday, July 16th, 2015, from 7 to 9 p.m. followed by a private graveside service. In his memory, donations can be made to the Canadian Cancer Society.
- (1965-2015) Mandy Hodge entered into rest suddenly in her home, on April, 9th, 2015 at the young age of 49. Dear mother of Sabrina Marie Willard and Cheyenne Earnest James Willard. Mother-in-law to Richard Henderson and Georgina Rivas. Mandy is survived by her brothers and sisters Gene Hodge (Cathy Hodge), Donald Brown, Florence Wilson (Jerry Wilson), Darlene Hodge and predeceased by her brothers Russell and Scott Brown. She leaves to mourn her grandkids Jacob Earl Willard, Jade Savannah Willard, Demitry Francisco Willard as well as many nieces and nephews. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), on Saturday, May 2nd 2015 from 2 to 4 pm followed by the funeral service at 4 pm. in the funeral home chapel.
- Passed away peacefully at the Derby Green Health Facility, on February 22nd, 2015 in her 93rd year. Anita was the daughter of the late James Hunt and the late Anna Bottcher and also the beloved wife of the late Alfred Tikaizo. Anita is survived by her sister-in-law Eva (the late Clarence Hunt) along with many nieces and nephews. She is predeceased by her sisters Glenna (the late Malcolm MacCaskill), Marion (the late Merton Gladden), Florence (the late Gordon Bailey), Ruby (the late Toby Emery), Muriel (the late Shirley Bennett) and her brother John. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville). Visitation on Saturday, February 28, 2015 from 10:30 to 11:30 am followed by the funeral service at 11:30 am. Rev. James Potter officiating. Interment of ashes will be held in the spring at the Bury Protestant Cemetery.
- Passed away at the CSSS Memphremagog on December 15th, 2015 at the age of 92, daughter of the late Annie and John Hudson. Mrs. Hudson is predeceased by her husband Rudolph Gibson. She leaves to mourn her daughter Barbara, her grandsons Daniel, Michael, Anthony and Robert and her 7 great-grandchildren. She also leaves to mourn her sister Esther Buckland and her brothers Thomas (Lilian) and Frederick. She will also be missed by her niece Betty (Andy Davis) and nephews Mike and Don Buckland as well as many other nephews,nieces, family members and friends. She is predeceased by her brothers and sisters Irene, Herbie, Dorothy and Cassie as well as her brother-in-law Vergil and sister-in-Law Virginia. A legion service will be held at the Cass funeral Home, 545, Dufferin, Stanstead, QC, on Monday, December 21st, 2015 at 2:00 p.m.
- Marlene Harrison (née Bishop) died suddenly on October 4, 2015 in Stanstead, Quebec at the age of 61. Marlene is survived by her parents Lloyd and Rheta Bishop of Stanstead, QC; her partner Rick Rosendaal; her children Jared Harrison (Amy), Lindsay Chizen (Justin) and Andreya Rosendaal (Dominique); her precious grandsons Deegan and Arthur; siblings, Heather Gillam (David) of Alliston, Ontario and Tammy Dupuis of Derby, VT; former spouse of James Harrison (Cathy) and wonderful extended family, including Larry Rolleston (Lynn) and many friends. In lieu of flowers, please send donations to the Heart and Stroke foundation of Canada, 222, Queen St-, Suite 1402, Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5V9. The family would like to thank all of Marlene's family and friends, near and far, for the outpouring of support during this difficult time.
- Donald Charles Jondreville passed away on Sept. 17, 2015 at the age of 71. Son of the late Douglas Jondreville and late Ethel (Frame). A dedicated husband, caring father and loving grandfather. He will be deeply missed by his family and friends. He leaves to mourn his wife Joanne (Varner), his children: Michael (Andrea Barrie) and Kristen (Nick Peters), his five grandchildren: Olivia, Logan, Nathan, Lilli and Noah, his brother Lynn and his sisters Sue (Raymond Côté) and Ann (the late Jim Stowers). Visitation will take place from 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. at Cookshire United Church on Wednesday, Sept. 23, 2015. A funeral service will take place following the visitation at 2:00 p.m. A private family burial will be held at the Windsor Protestant Cemetery. In lieu of flowers we ask that donations be made to the Canadian Cancer Society.
- Ronald Francis Jenne, former businessman (Beckwith-Bemis) and avid sportsman and outdoorsman., passed away at the Hôtel-Dieu on July 3, 2015. Son of the late Llewellyn and Margaret (Dyer) Jenne and brother of Ross (Judy) and the late Frank (Lina). Husband of the late Dorothy Pearce and the late Gabrielle Lavarière. He leaves to mourn his beloved step-children Gregory (Linda), Stephen and Jeffrey (Linda) Tribble; grandchildren Megan, Lindsay, Trevor, Matthew, Jennifer and Timothy; as well as the Jenne and Lavarière families. Visitation will take place at Cass Funeral Home in Lennoxville on Tuesday, July 7, 2015 between 6pm and 9pm. A private graveside service will be held in Malvern Cemetery at a later date. In lieu of flowers donations to the CHUS Foundation (530, 10e Avenue Sud, Sherbrooke, QC, J1G 2R9) or the Malvern Cemetery (PO Box 306, succ. Lennoxville, Sherbrooke, QC, J1M 1Z5) would be greatly appreciated.
- Peacefully at the Domaine de la Sapinière East Angus, Que., on Sunday, March 22, 2015 at the age of 93. Florence Jorgenson beloved wife of the late Tom Lowe and loving mother of Brian (Brenda Sylvester) and Linda (late Bill Sylvester). Cherished grandmother of Cathy and Kelly Lowe, Casey, Tammy, Dawn and Chris Sylvester. Great grandmother of sixteen and one great great granddaugher. She will be missed by numerous nieces, nephews and friends. Resting at the St. Paul's Anglican Church, Bury, where friends may call on Friday, March 27, 2015 from 7 to 9 pm and on Saturday, March 28th from 1 to 2 pm followed by the funeral service at 2 pm. Rev. Lynn Dillabough officiating. Interment in the Bury Cemetery at a later date. Florence's family would like to extend a special thank you to Pierre Lemieux and the other staff at the Sapinière for wonderful care given to her. In lieu of flowers, donation in Florence's memory may be made to the Canadian Cancer Society, 3330, King West, bureau 130, Sherbrooke, QC J1L 1C9 or to the Bury Cemtery, c/o Valerie MacLeod, 568 Principale, Bury, QC J0B 1J0 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully at the CHSLD in Magog on February 25, 2015, at the age of 89. Cherished wife of the late Camille Gilbert and loving mother of Janie (Leslie Webster). Dear sister of Irene (the late Ross Royea) and Murray (Gladys). She will also be sadly missed by many nieces, nephews, and many friends. There will be visitation in the presence of the urn on Friday, March 6, 2015 at the Cass Funeral Home, 545 Dufferin, Stanstead from 7:00 to 9:00 p m.,also on Saturday, March 7, 2015 at 1:00 pm followed by the service at 2:00 p.m. in the funeral home, with Reverend Barbara Wintle and Reverend Lise Kuizminska officiating. As a tribute to her memory, donations made to the Frontier Animal Society, P.O. 2505. Stanstead, Qc. JOB 1E0 woud be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away after a long and full life on Friday, April 10 (2015 ?) in her 101st year. Beloved wife of the late Curtis Beattie, dear mother of Douglas (Gladys) and Susan (Fred), cherished grandmother of Nancy (Greg), Heather (Ghyslain), Douglas and Catherine, adored great-grandmother of Alex, Patrick, Sarah, William, Everett and Ada and dear friend to many. Bor n in Alber t Mines, she enjoyed her long life within a close community in the rolling hills of the Eastern Townships. Resting at Cass Funeral Parlour in Lennoxville (3006 College St., Shebrooke), visitation will be on Wednesday, April 15 from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m., and Thursday, April 16 from 1 to 2 p.m. The funeral will begin at 2 p.m. with Pastor Richard Strout officiating. Interment will be at the Reedsville Cemeter y in North Hatley at a later date. The family wishes to extend sincere thanks to the staff at Grace Christian Home for their kind and loving care of Elsie in her final years. In lieu of flowers, donations to the The Dr. W. J. Klinck Foundation (1501 Campbell St., Sherbrooke, QC J1M 0C1) would be appreciated.
- Peacefully at the Connaught Home, North Hatley, on Monday, February 9, 2015. Priscilla Nan Kezar beloved wife of the late Earl Davis. She is survived by her sister Joyce Parker (Alden), cousin Geraldine Swallow (Len), and her niece Cheryl King (David) and also dear friend Bruce Allanson. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), on Friday, February 13, 2015 from 1 to 2 pm followed by the funeral service at 2 pm in the funeral home chapel. Rev. Mead Baldwin officiating. Burial will take place in the spring at the Reedsville Cemetery. As memorial tributes, donations to the Dr. W. J. Klink Foundation c/o Massawippi Christiian Retirement Homes, 1501 rue Campbell, Sherbrooke, QC J1M 0C1 would be appreciated by the family.