Searching this page will only find
what you can see on the page.
To search inside all obituaries,
first they must all be visiable.
This can be easily done by
clicking on the small gray square
just below the ABC in the upper
right corner of the page.
NEKG of Vermont does not own copyright to the information on this page.
Each obituary on this page belongs to the originator.
Obituaries are created by the deceased or relatives of the deceased
with the help of funeral homes and are published with the intent of
informing the public of its content.
NEKG (NorthEast Kingdom Genealogy)
of Vermont does own this particular collection, transcription and the
presentation of these materials.
You will need to log in as either Member
or as Guest
in order to view obituaries.
Go back to the Obituaries Index page
to get the guest login information.
- Passed away at the Santé de la MRC Coaticook on Sunday, May 18, 2014 at the age of 78. Beloved husband of the late Shirley Adam and dear father of: Diane (the late Marcel Fournier), Daniel (Monique Gilbert), Johane, and Michel (Marie Roy); loving grandfather to: Eric, Patrick, Shannon, Marco, Catherine, Marie Lyne, Alexandre, Stephanie and Melissa. Aurelien will also be sadly missed by his great-grandchildren, and many friends. There will be visitation, in the presence of his ashes, at the Funeral Home, on Friday May 23rd from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m., followed by a celebration of his life at 11:00. The family wish to thank the personnel of the Hébergement at the CLSC Coaticook, St. Catherine wing, for the wonderful care given to their father. Memorial tributes may be made to La Foundation de Centre de Santé et des Services Sociaux de la MRC de Coaticook Inc. , will be greatly appreciated by the family.
- After a courageous battle with cancer, Rena went home to be with her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Thursday March 6, 2014 at the age of sixty-eight. Special Wife of Stanley and loving mother of Troy and Tim. Dearest sister of Dale (Ruth) and Gary (Trudy). She will also be sadly missed by her nieces, nephews, cousins and numerous friends. Visitation will be held at Parkside Ranch, 1505, Alfred-Desrocher, Orford, QC, on Wednesday March 12, 2014 from 1:15 to 3:15 pm, followed by the service at 3:15 pm. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Ogden Bible Camp. Cheques made payable to Ayer's Cliff Gospel Chapel - (Designated for Ogden Bible Camp) 975 Sanborn Street, Ayer's Cliff, QC, J0B 1C0. Donations to the Canadian Cancer Society, 3330 rue King West, Bureau 130, Sherbrooke, QC, J1L 1C9 would also be appreciated by the family.
- Peacefully at the Wales Home. Richmond, QC, on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at the age of 88. Dear sister of the late Charles Bown (Betty Blodgett), and cherished aunt of Tom Bown (Sarah) and great aunt to Sierra and Donovan. Resting at the St. George's Anglican Church, Ayer's Cliff, where relatives and friends may pay their respects on Friday, May 30th 2014 from 1:30 to 2:30 PM followed by the funeral service at 2:30 PM with the Rev. Barbara Wintle and Rev. Canon Ron West officiating. Interment in the Bown Cemetery. The family would like to thank the Wales Home, Dr. John Robb, and Dr. Alan Wallis for the wonderful care they provided, and also to Lucy's dear friend, Amy Husk, who has been a tremendous support throughout her illness. As memorial tributes, donations to the Bown Cemetery, c/o Dennis Herring, 106 Planche St. Cookshire, QC J0B 1M0 would be appriciated.
- It is with deep sadness that we let you know about the passing of Jim Belknap on Wednesday, April 9, 2014 at the age of 80. He was the beloved sweetheart of Sue Beaton and loved by her daughters, Tamara (Jean-Christian Glaude) and Jennifer Lapointe. Jim will also be sadly missed by Jenny, mother of his beloved daughter, Robyn (Jarrod Tetreault). Last but not least he leaves to mourn his dear brother Merrick, grandchildren Nicolas and Dominic, Hannah and Grace as well as extended family members and friends. Visitation will be at Cass Funeral Homes Inc., 545 Dufferin St., Stanstead, Que. on Sunday April 13, 2014 from 1:00-3:30 p.m. and the service will be held from 3:30 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. Our thanks are given to all the doctors, nurses and hospital staff who were responsible for the wonderful care Jim received at the Centre de Sante et de Services Sociaux de la MRC de Coaticook, Albert Samson Palliative Care unit. Thank you also to all of the CLSC nurses who faithfully took care of Jim at home for the past two years. Thank you Manon.
- Passed away at the CSSS Memphrémagog on Tuesday April 1st, 2014, Mrs Eleanor Bonnallie in her 87th year. Loving wife of the late Norrey Bonnallie and of the late Lionel "Lee" Langlois. Sister- in- law of the late Eunice (late Milton Brown), the late Thelma (late Harry Widdifield), Roma Bonnallie, Constance (John Cowan) the late Glenn, Martin (Johanne) and the late Carl Bonnallie. Eleanor also leave to mourn many other nieces, nephews, relatives and friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 rue College, Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), where friends may visit on Friday April 4th from 1 to 3 PM, followed by a funeral service at 3 PM with Rev. James Potter officiating. Interment in Elmwood cemetery. Donations to the Heart and Stroke Foundation, 100-2630 rue King Ouest, Sherbrooke, QC J1J 2H1 would be greatly appreciated.
- Bowering, Richard G. (1949 -2014) Passed away on March 9th, 2014, at the CHUS Fleurimont in Sherbrooke, with his loving family by his side, Biggy Bowering at the age of 65. Loving husband of 43 years to Edna Blais, and precious father of Richard Jr., Laurie, and Christopher. Dear grampie of Drew and Myah Bowering, and Victoria and Brandon Houle. Richard also leaves to mourn, his brother Dennis, his brothers-in-law; Clifford, Allan (Brenda) and Derrill (Suzy) along with many nieces, nephews and dear friends. At his request, there will be no visitation or funeral service. Arrangements entrusted to Cass Funeral Home, Richmond.
- Passed away at his residence on March 4, 2014. Loving son of the late Kenneth Buzzell Sr. and the late Pauline O’Keefe. Dear husband of Peggy Achilles and loving father of: Sylvie ( Chris), Leslie (Julie), Bobby (Khrista) and Philip. Cherished grandfather of Mackenzie, Maverick, and Dahlia. Precious brother of Vivian (Winston), Jocelyn (Roger), Jeanie (Ron), Randy (Denise), Arlene (Mario), Darlene (Pierre) and Mike (Natalie). Bobby will also be sadly missed by his close friend Willard (Valerie),Cheryl and Cecil Parker, Johnny Lazenby, along with nephews, nieces, cousins, brothers in-law, sisters-in-law, other relatives and numerous friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 545 Dufferin, Stanstead on Sunday, March 9 from 1:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. A service will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014, at 2:00 p.m. in the funeral home
- Passed away at La Maison Aube-Lumière, Sherbrooke, QC, on Saturday February 1st 2014, Mr. Charles Bury at the age of 67. Loving companion of Catherine Campbell, and dear father of Luke (Brooke Gadapee) and Rachel (D.J. Myers). Grandfather of Eva and Anna Bury, and Charlotte Brand, and step grandfather of Athena and Griffin Myers. Charles also leaves to mourn; the mother of his children, Berit Lundh, and her daughter Meredith Baird, his brothers; Philip (the late Suzanne Hepworth) and Bill (Susan Shepard), and his sister Anne (the late Greg Jones). He will be dearly missed by Catherine’s mother, Audrey Knapp, his nieces and nephews; Eric (Laryssa), Michèle, Christopher (Jessica), Julia, Stewart and Douglas, and by his many dear friends and colleagues. Visiting hours will take place at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St., Sherbrooke (Lennoxville) / 819-564-1750, on Friday, February 14th from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9PM. A memorial service will be held on Saturday, February 15th at the Burrough’s Falls Hall, 14235 Rte 143, Ayer’s Cliff, QC, at 1:00 PM. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Eaton Corner Museum, 374 Rte 253, Cookshire-Eaton, QC J0B 1M0.
- Hazel Alberta Rogers (nee Bain) 1919-2014 Hazel Rogers passed away peacefully on Saturday January 18, 2014 at the Wales Home, Richmond, QC, in her 95th year. She was born in East-Clifton, QC, daughter of the late John Bain and the late Mary Reed. She was also the stepdaughter of the late Idella (Kingsley) Rogers Bain. She is survived by her loving husband of 72 years, Arthur Kingsley Rogers, her daughter-in-law Darlene (Fearon) Rogers, her grandsons Robert and Steven and her great grandson Nathaniel Rogers. She is also survived by her sister Shirley Barter (Meredith). She was predeceased by her sons; Bain (Darlene) and Gordon (the late Carole Labrecque), her sister-in-law, the late Myrtle (Rogers) Harrison (Alvin), her brother-in-law, the late Herman Rogers. Hazel is survived by several nieces, nephews and friends. Visitation at Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St., Sherbrooke (Lennoxville) on Friday January 24, 2014 from 7 to 9 pm and on Saturday January 25, 2014 from 1 to 2 pm followed by funeral service at 2 pm. Rev. Martyn Sadler officiating. Interment in Eaton Cemetery at a later date. Donations ma by made to The Wales Home, 506, Rte 243 N., Richmond, QC, J0B 2H0 or to the Eaton Cemetery c/o Nadia Boutin, 255 Wheeler Rd, Cookshire, QC, J0B 1M0 would be appreciated.
- Ruby May RACICOT (nee Baldwin) Passed away peacefully at the CHUS, Fleurimont, on Monday, January 6, 2014 at the age of 92. Beloved wife of the late Roland Racicot. Dear mother of Roland Peter Racicot (Linda) of La Canada, California; Janice May Koevenig (Michael) of Ventura, California; Sharon Ann Watt (Donald) and Stephen Gilbert Racicot (Harriet) of Campbellsport, WI. Cherished grandmother of Joseph Racicot (Wendy) of Santa Barbara, California; Jack Racicot of Buena Park, California; Shauna Racicot of Montreal, Quebec; Ryan Koevenig of Ventura California; Hannah, Joel and Jeanette Racicot of Campbellsport, WI. A celebration of Ruby's life will beld in May. Arrangements will be published at a later date. The family would like to thank the staff at Wales Home and the CHUS Fleurimont for the wonderful care given to Ruby. Arrangements entrusted to Cass Funeral Homes, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke, Quebec J1M 1T9
- Ruby May Racicot (née Baldwin) A memorial service for Ruby May Racicot will be held on Saturday, May 24th at 2 p.m. at the Baldwin’s Mills United Church, the Reverend Mead Baldwin officiating. Interment will follow in the Lake Lyster Cemetery. All are then welcome to a reception at Ruby’s childhood home, 1953 Lyon Road, Baldwin’s Mills. Ruby, the eldest child of the late Harold Baldwin and his wife Ruth May Baldwin of Baldwin’s Mills, died January 6th, 2014 at the age of 92. She leaves to mourn her children; Peter (Linda Mills), Janice (Michael Koevenig), Sharon (Donald Watt), and Stephen (Harriet Williamson) and her grandchildren; Joseph (Wendy Cruz), Jack, Shauna, Hannah (fiancé Beniamin Jurca), Joel, and Jeanette Racicot and Ryan Koevenig. Ruby is survived by brothers Keith (Evelyn Rowe) and Lester (Jacqueline Péloquin), sister Eunice, and sister-in-law Cecile. She was predeceased by brothers Elvyn (the late Jane Ross) and Richard (Cecile Lefebvre), and sister Alice (the late Ross Corey). She will be lovingly remembered and greatly missed by her many nephews, nieces, friends, and neighbours.
- Passed away at the CHUS Fleurimont, Sherbrooke, on Wednesday December 24th 2014, Deryl Brock at the age of 64. Dear husband of Lise Leblanc, and loving father of Sonya (Jeramy McCutcheon), Claudia (Iain Graham) and Danny. Dear grandfather of Matthew and Olivia Da Silva, Ryan and Rachael Graham and Lily Brock, and step-grandfather of Ethan and Emma McCutcheon. Deryl also leaves to mourn, his mother Catherine (the late Spencer Brock), his brother Glenn (Eleanor), his step-children François Léveillé (Annie Dubuc) and Eline Léveillé (Franklin Sanchez), The mother of his children Diane Bouchard, his brother-in-law, sisters-in-law, many nieces, nephews and dear friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principale S., where friends may visit on Sunday December 28th from 7 to 9 PM. A funeral service will be held in St-Anne’s Anglican Church, Richmond, on Monday December 29th at 10:00 AM. Please note; the family will be at the Church to receive condolences 1 hour prior to the service. Donations to the CHUS Foundation would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully at the Grace Christian Home, on Tuesday, December 16th, 2014 at the age of 84. Beloved wife of the late Frank Arlington Jenne. Dear mother of Dale (Kirsten Frost), Dean (Ann Shea) and Heather (Kevin Lessard). Cherished grandmother of Michael, Alison, Isaac, Julia, Olivia, Bradley and Jonathan. Lina leaves to mourn her sister Marion Richards (the late Nelson) and her brother Roy Billing (Shirley) and predeceased by her sister Helen Flynn (Ed) and her brother Barry Billing. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), on Friday, December 19th 2014 from 7 to 9 pm and on Saturday, December 20th, 2014 from 12 to 2 pm followed by the funeral service at 2 pm in the funeral home chapel. Rev Heather Thomson officiating. Interment in the Malvern Cemetery at a later date. Donations to the Alzheimer Society Estrie, 740 Galt St. West, Suite 112, Sherbrooke, QC J1H 1Z3 or to the charity of your choice would be appreciated.
- Joyce Bailey Lyonnais Passed away in her 82nd year, on October 28, 2014. Daughter of the late Gordon Bailey and the late Norma Coons. Sister of the late Roger Bailey (Eva) and Richard Bailey (Daphne). Dear mother of Daniel Bousquet (Gail), Dennis Bousquet and Roger Lyonnais Jr. Grandmother to Johnathon Bronson, Haley, Rylee, and Kolby Lyonnais. A graveside service will be held at the Pine Hill Cemetery, Magog, on Monday, November 3, 2014 at 2 pm. with Tami Spires officiating.
- Passed away peacefully at the Wales Home in Richmond on Friday October 10th 2014, Elburn "Sarge" Bampton, in his 87th year. Dear husband of Pauline Stone and cherished father of Joe Paul (Jeanie Wilson) and Andrea (Dave Burns). Loving grandfather of Jeff (Julie) and Joel (Amy) Bampton, Casey and Shawn (Dawn) Billing. He also leaves to mourn his 4 great-grandchildren Brody, Jaida, Owen and Darcie-Lynn as well as his special niece Barbara Bampton (Isabelle Lacroix). A private graveside service will take place at the Reedsville Cemetery in North Hatley. The family wishes to thank the Wales Home staff for such excellent care given to Sarge. Donations made to the Wales Home Foundation would be greatly appreciated.
- August 4, 1943 - August 28, 2014 It is with heavy hearts that we announce John's passing on August 28, 2014.The beloved husband of the late Janice Alden Brazel and loving father of Christine (Philippe Leduc), Michael (Elizabeth Young) and Lee (Sharon French). The loving and cherished Grandpa of Angela, Sabrina and Lea Leduc, Ethan and Tylor Brazel, Samantha and Shawn Brazel and cherished great Grampa to Nathaniel. John was the son of the late Oscar Elwin Brazel and the late Myrtle Wheeler. He leaves to mourn his aunt Gladys Brazel and also many family members and friends. At the request of the family, a private graveside will be held. Donations to the Canadian Cancer Society 3330, King West St. Bureau 130, Sherbrooke, QC J1L 1C9 or to the Eaton Cemetery, c/o Nadia Boutin 255 Wheeler Rd. Cookshire, QC J0B 1M0 would be appreciated by the family.
- It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Frank Barkhouse, of Fergus, age 57. He fought a courageous battle against pancreatic cancer and died peacefully with his family by his side, at the Groves Memorial Community Hospital in Fergus on Friday August 22, 2014. Frank is survived and loved by his wife Nancy (nee Olson) Barkhouse. Loving father of Kevin (Sarah), Kelly (Steve) and Gunnar and was devoted Grumpy to Meaka and Mayson. Survived by his mother Alice and siblings Susan, Judy, John, and Donald and their families. Frank was also loved by his mother-in-law Kay Olson and sister-in-law Wendy Olson and nephew Rocky Coates and family. Frank is also survived by a number of family and extended family members. Visitation and a funeral service were held in Fergus, Ontario on Tuesday August 26 and Wednesday August 27 at the Graham A. Giddy Funeral Home. Frank’s urn was taken home to Bury, Quebec, where visitation will be held at St Paul’s Anglican Church on Saturday August 30th 2014 from 12 noon until service time at 2:00 P.M. followed by interment of the urn at the Bury Cemetery, Bury, Quebec. Remembrances to the Mercer Masonic Lodge AF and AM # 347, 310 Andrew Street East, Fergus, ON, N1M 1R1 or the Cancer Society would be appreciated.
- On Tuesday August 12th, 2014, Nettie Beatrice Bryant Williams passed away peacefully at the Connaught Home. Wife of the late Charles Williams, she is survived by her eight children, James (Marion), Barbara (late Gary Sanderson), Joyce (Gérald Boudreau), Norma (Peter McHarg), Philip (Mary-Anne), Karen (Jim Watton), Brenda (Ben Gauthier) and Wendy (Walter Kealy). She leaves behind 30 grand children, 47 great grand children, 10 great great grand children. Nettie is survived by three sisters: Ina, Ruby, Evelyn and brother in law James Williams, sister in laws Emily (Robert), Laura and Helen Williams. Family and friends will be welcomed at Cass Funeral Home at Lennoxville (3006 college street, Sherbrooke) on Monday August 18th, 2014 from 7pm to 9pm and Tuesday August 19th, 2014 from 9h30 to 11h30, followed by the the funeral service, David Olive officiating. We would like to thank the staff of the Connaught Home for the kind care she received over the years. Donations in her memory to a charity of your choice will be appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully, with her family by her side, on Thursday July 17th 2014, Thera DeVries (nee Ball) at the age of 82. Wife of the late Lachlan Stalker, and of the late Auke DeVries. Dear mother of James, John (Diane), Heather, Harold (Lisa), Debra (Gerry) and loving grandmother of Richard, John-Boy, Bruce, Ben, Karina, Tracy, Gabrielle, and Britany. Great grandmother of Rachel, Chloe, Gregory, Owen, Dean and Weston. Thera also leaves to mourn, her twin sister Thelma (Arthur Corey) along with many other relatives and friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principale S., Richmond, where friends may visit on Friday July 18th from 6 to 9 PM. A funeral service will be held in St-Andrews Presbyterian Church on Saturday July 19th at 10:30 AM with Rev. John Barry Forsyth officiating. Donations to the Lennoxville and District Womens Center, 257 Queen, Sherbrooke, QC J1H 3R1, would be greatly appreciated by the family. Please print on Friday with photo.
- It is with great sorrow that we announce the passing of Simonne Brousseau Roy on Wednesday, July 2nd, 2014 at the CHU de Quebec, QC, at the age of 89. Loving wife of the late Joseph Roy. Visitation will be held at the Cass Funeral Home, 545 Dufferin, Stanstead on Monday July 7th from 2:00 to 4:00 and 7:00 to 9 PM, and on Tuesday from 9:00 to 10:00 AM followed by the funeral Mass at St-Éphrem Catholic Church, Fitch Bay at 11:00 AM.
- Daniel Belanger, 57, of Stanstead passed away on Monday, June 2nd, after a very courageous battle. He was born in Stanstead, QC on December 20th 1956, son of the late Evelyn (Winter) and Eugene Belanger. Predeceased by his sisters Monique (Brad Dudley), Suzanne, and his brothers Marc, Denis. He was an amazing father to Emma (Nasser) and Gregory (Angela). He also leaves to mourn his grandson Zachary and his step grandchildren Jacob, Joey-Rejeanne, Alexander and Anderson. His nephews Jonathan Dudley (Annie) Travis Dudley (Pattie) and his godchild April Boutin (Steve). Daniel will be sadly missed by numerous relatives and friends. His interests varied widely from being a NASCAR fan to a Toronto Maple Leafs fan. He could frequently be found and involved in many community activities, and had a special place in his heart for children. Visitation in the prescence of his ashes will be held a Cass Funeral Home, 545 Dufferin, Stanstead on Friday, June 6th from 7 to 9 p.m. the funeral will be held on Saturday, June 7th at 11:30 am. In the Sacré-Coeur Catholic Church. A gathering of friends will follow at the Royal Canadian Legion, Maple Street, Stanstead. Donations can be made in his name to the Moonlighters Relay for Life Team, in which he was a beloved member. Checks must be payable to the Canadian Cancer Society.
- Passed away suddenly at his home in Cambridge, Ontario, Wayne Clark at the age of 47. Loving son of Lawrence and Nicole Clark, and dear brother of Wendell. Wayne also leaves to mourn, his many aunts, uncles, other relatives and friends. Visitaion will be held at the South Durham United Church, on Saturday, June 7, 2014 from 1 to 3 pm followed by the funeral service at 3 pm with Rev. Reginald Jennings officiating. Interment in the South Durham United Cemetery. Donations to the Children's Wish Foundation would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- The passing of Leslie June Lavers occurred on Monday, March 3rd, 2014 at the Hotel Dieu Hospital, Sherbrooke, Quebec, at the age of 98. Wife of the late Earl Lavers and beloved mother of Colleen, Gary, Grant (Fran), Bob, Guile Ralph ( Linda), Dawn (Mac), Jade (Mike), and Terry, she is also survived by 16 grandchildren, 22 great grandchildren, and 10 great great grandchildren; nephews and nieces. In addition to her parents she is predeceased by her sister Francis Aldrich and brother Nelson. Born on February 13th, 1916, "Nanny" resided most of her life in the Sherbrooke area and was known for her generosity, great cooking, hospitality, and was deeply loved by her large family and many friends. Arrangements are being handled by the Cass Funeral Home and interment will be in the spring at the Ayer's Cliff Protestant Cemetery. A celebration of her life will take place on Saturday, March 8th, 2014 from 2 to 4 pm at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville). The family would like to direct donations to the Foundation du CHUS (Centre hospitalier universitaire de Sherbrooke) 530, 10e Avenue Sud, Sherbrooke, QC J1G 2R9.
- (1933-2014) Passed away at CSSS Memphrémagog on December 19, 2014 in her 82nd year. Beloved wife of Charles Woodward. Precious mother of Kathy (Andre Roy), Michael and Randy; adoring grandmother of Jennifer (Paul Ierullo) and Joey Roy, Morgan, Mandy and Michelle Woodward, Jacob, Tyler and Chloe Woodward; adorable great grandmother of Lilly Rose and Leonardo Ierullo. She also leaves to mourn her sisters and brothers : Betty (Breaky) Mosher, Shirley (Roland) Dubois, Russell (Mavis) and Roy (Pauline) Chamberlain; her sister in law : Mary (Paul) Chamberlain and Edna (Merriman) Chamberlain; many nieces, nephews, family members and dear friends. Lois was a wonderful and lovely women. She will be sadly missed by all. A private resting and funeral will be held at the Cass Funeral Home in Stanstead.
- (1919-2014) Passed peacefully on November 30, 2014, after celebrating her 95th birthday. Gil was born in Stratford, Quebec, the daughter of Joseph Champoux and Délina Boisvert. After a year in Great Britain, she returned to Montreal where she was employed by the Canadian Pacific Railway for 29 years. She then retired to Ayer’s Cliff with her late husband, Thomas Mole. They enjoyed traveling and winter holidays in the Laurentians. Gil was known for her joie de vivre and her sense of style. She leaves behind her sisters Gisèle (Alfred Elkin, deceased), and Simone. She was predeceased by her sisters Madeleine and Jeannine, and her brother Gaston (Marie-Berthe Proteau-Champoux). Step-mother to Gail Zimantas and Douglas Mole (Christiane). Aunt to Luce (Norbert Brum), Dorothy Elkin (John Halpin), Lyne (Armand Ouellet) et Bernard (Yuka Champoux). Great-aunt to Élissa, Arnaud, Viviane, Alexandre and Benjamin. The family would like to extend their appreciation to all the individuals and organizations who provided support and friendship to Gil during the past years. The memorial service and internment will be held in the spring of 2015 in Ayers Cliff, Quebec. In lieu of flowers, a donation to a charity of your choice will be appreciated.
- (1947-2014) It is with great sadness we announce the sudden passing of Angus Michael Curry on Sunday, September 21st at the age of 67. Born in Kingston, Ontario to Barbara and Michael Curry, he was a long time resident of Eaton Corner, Quebec. Loving father of Cara (Marc Bernard) and Ben (Nancy Ouimet). Grandpa to Colin, Henry and Sophia. He is survived by his sisters Christine Curry of Nova Scotia and Robin Curry (John Dover) of British Columbia, niece Genevieve Zimmerman and extended family Joshua, Troy (Marie) and Delano (Sara) Lavigne. Family and friends will gather for a celebration of his life at Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville) on Thursday, September 25th, 2014 with a visitation at 3:00pm and remembrances at 4:00pm. Donations in his name can be made to the charity of your choice.
- (1946 - 2014) Passed away at the CHUS Hôpital Fleurimont, on Tuesday, December 2nd, 2014 in her 68th year. Beloved daughter of the late George and Mavis Delisle. Dear sister of Peter ( Claire ) and cherished aunt to Lisa and Stephen (Sarah). As per her request there will be no visitation and an interment will be held in the Elmwood Cemetery at a later date. In lieu of flowers, donations to The Pet Connection, 1730 rue Wellington Sud, Sherbrooke, QC J1M 1K9, Phone : (819)348-1888, would be greatly appreciated.
- Passed away at the Domaine de la Sapinière, East Angus, on November 12, 2014 at the age of 98 years. Beloved wife of the late Constant Gamache. Dear father of the late Gilles Gamache (Germaine Laliberté), Monique (Clément Rouillard), Nicole (Claude Labrie), Claudette and Suzanne (Jacques Paré). Cherished grandmother of Yves, Nathalie, Sylvain, Éric, Judith, Maryse, Stéphane, Caroline and their spouses. Béatrice leaves to mourn her great grandchildren and her sister Gracia (the late Donat Dubé). Predeceased by her sisters Amilda (the late Alfred Campagna) and Marie-Ange (the late Aimé Boisvert). She also leaves to mourn her sister-in-law Jeannette Gamache (the late Adolphe Boutin) along with her many nieces, nephews, family and friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 50 Craig St. Cookshire, QC, on Friday, November 21, 2014 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 pm and on Saturday, November 22, 2014 from 10 to 10:45 am. A funeral service will be held on Saturday, November 22, 2014 at 11 am in the St-Camille Church, Cookshire. Interment in the St- Camille Cemetery Cookshire. The family would like to thank the staff at the Sapinière, East Angus for the wonderful care given to Mrs De Lafontaine.
- Passed away peacefully on Friday, November 7, 2014 at the CHSLD de Magog at the age of 70. Pierrette is survived by her beloved husband Gayland Piercy and dear daughters Danielle (Daniel Forfellow) Nancy, and Wendy (Joe Martins). Awesome Nana to Shawn, Joey, and Owen. Pierrette will also be sadly missed by her brothers and sisters, many nieces and nephews, other family and numerous friends. Visitation will be held at the Cass Funeral Home Stanstead, on Friday November 14th from 7 to 9 p.m. and Saturday 2 to 3 p.m., followed by the service at 3 p.m. in the funeral home. A very special thank you goes out to the CHSLD at the CSSS Magog Hebergement 2-2, for their excellent care and kindness towards Mom and the family. In lieu of flowers, as memorial tributes, donations to the Canadian Alzheimer's Society, Canadian Cancer Society, or the Foundation de l’hopital de Memphremagog.
- Allan Ernest Davidson, at the Grace Christian Home, on Wednesday, October 15th 2014 in his 88th year. Beloved husband of the late Mabel Blodgett, father of Bev (Denis Oakley), Bob (Sandy MacCaskill), Jim (Debbie Mills) and Jean (Ken Porter). Grandfather of Melissa (Dan Dion), Jennifer (Doug Pawson) and Karen Oakley, Philip (Becky McIntyre) and Patrick Davidson (Marie-Michèle Lessard), Leah, Anna and Lydia Davidson, Caitlin (Jonathan LeDoux), Lindsay and Andy Porter. Great-grandfather to Maëlle Dion and Nailah Pawson. Brother of the late Alma (late Everett Reid), late Edna, Agnes (late Richard Tomkinson) and the late Donald (Ardyth) Davidson. Brother in-law of the late Clayton (the late Annabella) and the late Gerald (Lois) Blodgett. Beloved Uncle to several nieces and nephews. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke, QC (Lennoxville); Tel: (819)564-1750, (819)564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca, where friends may visit on Friday, October 17th 2014 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9PM, and on Saturday, October 18th from 1 to 2PM at the Lennoxville United Church followed by the funeral service at 2:00PM, with the Rev. James Potter officiating. Interment in the Malvern Cemetery. As memorial tributes, donations to the Lennoxville United Church in memoriam fund, 6 Church St. Sherbrooke, QC J1M 1S9, or the W. J. Klinck Foundation (Grace Christian Home), 1501 Campbell, Sherbrooke QC J1M 0C1, will be gratefully acknowledged by the family.
- (1933-2014) Passed away peacefully with his family by his side, on October 13, 2014 at the age of 81. Loving husband of Fern Mosher and dear father of Judy (Ghislain), Joy (Daniel), Jay (Johanne) and the late Gregory. Cherished grandfather of Mary-Ann (Sean), Amanda, Justin (Karine), Crystal (Marvin), Patrick (Nakita) and Nicholas (Natasha) and cherished great grandfather of Abygail and William. Donald is survived by his sister Mary Chamberland (the late Paul) and predeceased by his brothers James, Lawrence, Sydney, Henry and Bernard and sister Doris. A private graveside service will be held at the Crystal Lake Cemetery. Donations to the CHSLD Memphrémagog , 50 St-Patrice St. East, Magog, QC J1X 3X3 would be appreciated.
- Dona Mari (Davies) Matheson passed away at La Maison Aube-Lumière on Sunday August,10th at the age of 71 years. She will be sadly missed by her husband Michael, her three sons Philip, Gregory, Tristan and a grand daughter Emily. In keeping with Dona's wishes, cremation will take place and a private family interment will be held at Reedsville Cemetery in North Hatley. As expressions of sympathy, donations may be made to The Pet Connection (Blue Seal), 1730 Wellington South, Sherbrooke, Qc, J1M 1K9 or La Maison Aube-Lumière, 3071 12e North Avenue, Sherbrooke, Qc, J1H 5H3.
- Passed away at the Grace Christian Home, on Sunday, June 29, 2014 Mr. Howard Doherty at the age of 85 years. Husband of the late Annie Kelly and leaves to mourn his sister-in-law, brother-in-law, nieces, nephews and many dear friends. Visitation in the presence of his ashes, at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), on Saturday, July 12, 2014 from 10 am to 1 pm followed by the funeral service at 1 pm. Interment in the St. Malachie, QC. Cemetery at a later date. The family would like to thank the staff of the Grace Christian Home for the good care they provided. Donations to the Dr. W.J. Klinck Foundation, c/o Massawippi Christian Retirement Homes, 1501 rue Campbell, Sherbrooke, QC J1M 0C1, would be appreciated by the family.
- Passed away at the Maison-Aube Lumière on Thursday May 29 at the age of 69, son of the late John Destromp and the late Lilian Teresa Bessant. James leaves to mourn his daughter Jenny, his brothers and sister Ronald (Thérèse), Joyce (Steven) and Gordon, as well as his nieces and nephews, family and friends. He was a brother to the late Lyle Destromp. Visitation will take place at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College, Sherbrooke on Monday June 2nd from 7 to 9 pm and on Tuesday June 3rd from 10 to 11 am followed by the funeral service at the funeral home at 11 am. The family wishes to thank nurse Jacynthe Délisle and Dr. Marie Prud'Homme of the CLSC Val-St-François Windsor for the excellent care given to James. Donations made to the Maison Aube-Lumière, 3071 12th avenue N., Sherbrooke J1H 5H3 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully after a short illness, at the CHSLD Memphremgog on March 2, 2014 at the age of 98. He was predeceased by his wife Madeleine Gobeil Daviau and two grandsons, Guy Daviau and François Pépin. He is survived and will be sadly missed by his daughters, Carole (Simon) , Monique (Paul), Gisèle (Daniel) and Louise ( who was with him when he passed and was taking care of him since the passing of our mother ). Also will be missed by his five grandchildren, Nancy (Don) Simon, Sarah (Phil) Brousseau Quigley, Amy Brousseau (Ryan) , Dominic Fluet, Amélie Fluet and five great-granchildren, Chelsey, Dyllan and Ella Simon, Makayla Brodie and Hunter Quigley. Denis will also be missed by his sisters-in-law ,Lorainne Gosselin (the late Roger) , Darlene Gobeil (the late Viateur) and brother –in-law Raymond Gobeil (Rita), nieces , nephews other relatives and many friends. Denis was a great man and wonderful father . After retiring from Butterfield Division he kept busy being janitor at the town hall for many years, and loved to attend hockey and softball games wich kept him in touch with everyone he knew. He also was a member of the Club D’Âge D’Or of Beebe and the Choir of the Stanstead parish until just recently. He will be missed by all . Cremation has taken place under the care of Cass Funeral Home. No visitations (at his request) and a memorial service and burial will be held in the Spring . Special thanks to the staff and doctors of the CHSLD Memphremagog for the wonderful care given to our father during his short stay. In lieu of flowers, donations in Dad’s memory can be made to C.A.B. Rediker, 112 Principale, Stanstead Qc J0B 3E5 and would greatly be appreciated by the family.
- Gemma Dubois O'Donnell in her 91st year passed away peacefully on Saturday February 22, 2014 at the CHSLD, Val St. Francois, Richmond. She was the daughter of the late Rodolphe Dubois and the late Antonia Frechette, wife of the late Michael O'Donnell, sister of the late Helene and Anita (late Rene Langlois) and Suzanne (late Fernand Morin). Gemma was the beloved mother of Peter (Monique Beaubien), Denis (Susan Szaniszlo), Paul (Joy Robinson), the late Mark (Lyne Giguere), the late Robert (Linda Dielman), and Anne. She leaves to mourn her grandchildren; Anglique, Denis, Michael, James, Christopher, Katherine, Julie, Patrick, Kim and Vincent, along with her great grandchildren; Jeremy, Ryan, Megan, Paige, Genevieve, Gemma, Margot and Jeremy. She also leaves to mourn many nieces and nephews and her friends Maureen Quinn and Alice Beaubien. Donations may be made to the Canadian Cancer Society. Visitation will be held at the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principale S., Richmond, QC J0B 2H0 819-826-2502, on Friday May 2nd from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9PM. A funeral Mass will be held at St Bibiane Church in Richmond, on Saturday May 3rd 2014 at 10:00 AM.
- (1938-2014) Passed away suddenly on Monday, December 29th, 2014 at the age of 76. Beloved son of the late Milton and Dorine Davis. Dear brother of Donna Davis, Sheila Davis (Jim) and Brian Davis (Hazel). A graveside service will be held at the Lakeside Cemetery Bishopton in the spring of 2015. The family would like to thank Serge Massé for the wonderful care given to our brother Gary.
- (1951-2014) Lorraine Dubois passed away suddenly on December 6, 2014 at the age of 63 years old. Lorraine was a kind loving person. Lorraine is predeceased by her parents Ethel and Noé Dubois. As well as her brothers Roland and Denis Dubois. Lorraine is survived by sisters Vicky (Ken Peters) Dubois, Brenda Dubois, sister in law Donna (Michael) Dubois-Glavin. Her nieces and nephews Kim (Michael) Manyak, Tracey Clark, Richard Mackay, Lee Bobbitt, Matthew and Naloni Manyak, Chase and Riley Mackay. Also many loving friends, we will all miss her generous smile. Burial will follow in the spring (May) at Greenwood Cemetery
- Entered into rest on January 28, 2014, in her 50th year after a battle with cancer. She was the daughter of the late Allison Dustin and the late Jessie. Loving companion of Bertrand Lang and precious mother of Vicki (Sam), Ashley, Mark-André and Nathen. Jeanie will also be sadly missed by her step-children Ashley and Sylvain, as well as her grandchildren Rachel, Chloe, Eli, and her step-grand-child Sara. She is also survived by her step-father Tim Crawford, loving sister Tammy and brothers Robert (Ginette), Terry (Lorraine). She also leaves her niece and nephews: Nancy, Steve, Joshua (Amber), Kadence and Alex, and Jonathan, special friends Lisa and Léon Bélanger. The family wishes to thank all those who took care of her during her last illness. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 545 Dufferin, Stanstead on Saturday, February 8, 2014, from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. followed by the service in the funeral home. In her memory donations made to the Palliative Care Unit, 50 St. Patrice Est., Magog, Qc. J1X 3X3, would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully at the Magog hospital on Thursday, January 16th, 2014 at the age of 85. Loving husband of Carmel Levesque Donald and dear father of Gary and Neil and step-father of Stephan Larose. Dear "Peepa" to Lorraine, Philippe and April. Edward also leaves to mourn, his brothers-in-law, sisters-in-law, nieces, nephews and many dear friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 900, Clough, Ayer's Cliff, QC where friends may visit on Saturday, January 25th from 10 am to noon and from 1 to 2 pm. A funeral service will be held at the funeral home on Saturday January 25th at 2 pm with Rev. Barbara Wintle officiating. Interment at a later date.
- Passed away at the Wales Home, Richmond QC, on Monday October 13th 2014, Mr. Edwin Echenberg at the age of 89. Loving husband of 64 years to Isabelle Echenberg (née Boy), and dear father of Cathy (Masayuki Hagiwara). Edwin also leaves to mourn, his two grandsons, along with many other relatives and friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College, Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), where friends may visit on Saturday October 18th from 2:30 to 3:30. A funeral service will be held in the funeral home on Saturday at 3:30 with Rev. Heather Thomson officiating. Interment in Riverview Cemetery, Scotstown on Saturday November 1st at 2:00 PM. Donations to the Frontier Animal Society, PO Box 83,Stanstead, QC J0B 3E2 http://www.frontieranimalsociety.ca/donate/donations.shtml, would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away at the Hotel Dieu Arthabaska, on Saturday, August 16, 2014, following a lengthy battle with cancer, Carole Noble at the age of 57. Loving wife of Larry Evans and dear mother of Jennifer (Patrick Gagné) and Mickel Evans. Dear Mammy of Louane and Abygail. Carole also leaves to mourn her parents, Frank and Yolande Noble, her mother in law Nellie Evans, sisters Lynda and Susie and her brother Guy Noble. Survived by her sisters in law, brothers in law, many nieces, nephews and dear friends. Resting at Dupuis Funeral Home, 148 Daniel-Johnson St., Danville, Qc where friends may visit on Wednesday, August 20 from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m., and on Thursday from 1 to 2 p.m.A celebration of Carole’s life will be held in the funeral home on Thursday, August 21, 2014 at 2 p.m. with Rev. Eric Lukacs officiating. Interment in the Danville Protestant Cemetery. Donations to the Canadian Cancer Society would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away at the CHUS Fleurimont, Sherbrooke, QC on Wednesday January 8, 2014 at the age of 60 years. Son of the late Milton Eryou and the late Ona Howes. Beloved husband of Doris Ells, cherished father of Philip (Lisa) and Sabrina-Kate (Victor Almeida) and grandfather of Chanelle, Lacey, Fancy Eryou and Sofia Almeida. Darcy leaves to mourn his sisters Brenda (Austin Bailey) and Charlene (Gilles Gosselin), his sisters-in-law Karen (Hube Start), the late Barbara, Rosemary (Ray Walker), Nancy (Robert Bedard), the late Marilyn and Osborne Lowe, Hope Coleman Kutney and Robert Coleman as well as many nieces, nephews other relatives and friends. Resting at Greenridge Baptist Church, 47 Queen St. South, Sherbrooke (Lennoxville) on Saturday January 11, 2014 from 1:30 to 3:30 pm followed by the funeral service at 3:30pm. Mr Russ Hopkins officiating. Donations to the charity of your choice would be appreciated.
- Peacefully on Friday, February 14th. Daughter of the late Samuel Forbes and Gertrude Alice Wark , born on August 23, 1927. Beloved wife of the late Dr. Everett Cooper. Loving mother of Jane( Allen Black) of Brockville, Victoria (Nicholas Stephens) of Mount Royal, David (Margaret Rynne) of Lowell Mass, Andrew ( Cathy Lessard) of Ottawa, Grandmother to Emma, Andrew, and Laura Cridge, Christopher (Jessica), Kate and Caroline Stephens. Sara (Mark Kurczewski ), Mary Fuller. Melissa and Meagan Fuller, Great grandchildren Abigail and Charlie Stephens, Declan, Colin, Brycen Kurczewski. The family wishes to thank the staff at CHUS who provided Mum with utmost respect, dignity, and care. A special thank you to Sharon Thompson for her compassion bestowed upon Mum. A celebration of Mum's life will be held on Saturday, May 3rd, 2014 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Uplands Cultural and Heritage Center (Museum), 9 Speid St., Sherbrooke (Lennoxville). Donations in Margaret Ann’s memory can be made to the Canadian Kidney Foundation www.kidney.ca or mailing address: The Kidney Foundation of Canada, 300-5165 Sherbrooke Street West, Montreal, QC H4A 1T6
- Passed away at the CHUS Hôtel-Dieu, on Saturday, January 11, 2014. Beloved wife of the late James Rupert Laird and dear mother of Bob (Claudia) and Lesley (Bob). Cherished grandmother of Jeffrey (Heather), Jim (Melaine), John (Samantha), Michael, Lindsay, Tristan and Sebastian and great grandmother of Carter, Ellie and Jayden. Interment at the Reedsville Cemetery, North Hatley at a later date. The family would like to thank the staff of the palliative care unit at the CHUS Hôtel-Dieu for the wonderful care given to our mom.
- With great sorrow, we announce the death of Michael John Fitton, born in Sault-Sainte-Marie, Ontario and living in Fitch Bay, Québec. His children, Cassidy Breeze, (Mélanie-Rose Trépanier), Yanoé Cedar , Jasmin Oshan ,their mother, Marie-Claude Roy and his companion Sue Davies wishes him deep peace. His mother Jeanette, his brother Paul, (Julie), his brother Jim,(Michelle) and his sister Vicky, (Doug Hewitt) are also in profound mourning. The visitation will be held at the Cass Funeral Home , 900 Clough Street in Ayer’s Cliff on Sunday July 22 from 14h-16.30 and 19h-21h. The service will be held at the Unitarian Universalist Church in North Hatley on Monday July 23 at 16h. a potluck supper and an evening tribute will follow at the Way’s Mills community Center. Ôm Shanti
- (1927-2014) Passed away at Grace Christian Home on December 16, 2014 at the age of 87. Daughter of the late Harry Flanders and the late Allien Howes. Beloved wife of the late Forest Wright; sister of Sylvia Flanders Redway (the late Wayne), the late Eleanor Flanders Winget (Warren Winget) and Larry Flanders (Susan Williams) and the dear mother of Hilda Heckley Bond (Robert and their daugther Ashley) and the late Gertrude Heckley Bennett (Rodney). She also leaves to mourn her brother-in-law : Robert Wright (Doris), the late Douglas Wright ( Francis), Richard Wright (Linda) and Edwin Wright (Barbara) along with many grandchildren, nieces, nephews, cousins and friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), on Saturday, May 23, 2015 from 1 to 3 pm followed by the funeral service at 3 pm in the funeral home chapel. Interment in the Greenwood Cemetery Waterville following the funeral service. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Dr. W. J. Klinck Foundation, C/O Massawippi Christian Retirement Homes, 1501 rue Campbell, Sherbrooke, Qc, J1M 0C1, The CHUS Foundation, 530, 10th avenue South Sherbrooke, Qc, J1G 2R9, The Wales Home Foundation, 506 Route 243 North Richmond, Qc, J0B 2H0 or to the Canadien Cancer Society, 3330, King West, bureau 130, Sherbrooke, Qc J1L 1C9 would be appreciated by the family.
- It is with deep sadness that we announce the passing of Margaret Foy, Loving wife of Thomas Williams. She will be dearly missed by her son Peter, sister Mary Sanford of Windsor, NS as well as her brother George of Edmonton, AB. Predeceased by her brothers William and Walter. She also leaves to mourn numerous nieces, nephews relatives and friends. Family and friends will be received at the Cass Funeral Homes, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), on Sunday, September 7, 2014 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 pm. A funeral service will be held at St-Patrick's Church, 20 Gordon St. Sherbrooke, on Monday, September 8, 2014 at 1:30 pm followed by the interment at St-Anne's Cemetery Danville.
Peacefully with his loving family by his side at the Grace Christian Home on Tuesday, August 19, 2014. Clinton Desmond French in his 89th year. Predeceased by his beloved wife Marjory Eileen Berwick and son Jeffrey Robert French. Beloved husband of Jean Elizabeth Picken. Beloved father of Linda (Joe Oliveras) of Rockland, Ontario, Wendy of Richmond, Quebec, and Mary Ellen (Dave Young) of Sawyerville, Quebec. Dear grandfather of Samantha (Scott Delaney) of Rockland, Ontario, Christina (Sean Eagles) of Rockland, Ontario, Matthew (Patrina Byles) of Limoges, Ontario, Robert of Cookshire, Quebec, Christopher of Sherbrooke, Quebec, and Catherine (Remi Tetreault) of Randboro, Quebec. Dear brother of William French. Predeceased by his brothers Lawrence, Harvey, and sister Elizabeth. Also survived by many great-grandchildren, relatives, and friends. Resting at Cass Funeral Home, 15 Station St., Sawyerville, on Friday, August 22nd 2014 from 7:00 to 9:00 pm and on Saturday, August 23rd from 1:30 to 3:00 pm followed by the funeral service at 3:00 pm in the funeral home chapel with Rev. James Potter officiating. Interment in the Eaton Cemetery. Donations to the Grace Christian Home, the Canadian Cancer Society, or the Heart and Stroke Foundation will be gratefully acknowledged.
November 27, l937 – July 16, 2014 “I lived, I loved, I laughed……I left” It is with deep sadness that we announce the passing of Doug. He died peacefully in his sleep at Les Residences Soleil, in Sherbrooke. He was the only son of Nelson P. Fletcher and Hazel Harvey. Doug leaves to mourn his loving wife of 54 years, Louise Audet, along with his beloved children and grandchildren. Patricia (Kirby Cunha), Olivia; John Fletcher (Sonya Page), Dylan and Rowan; Kathryn (Scott Robinson), Alyssa, Arielle and Aaron. He was a very devoted husband, father and grandfather and was ‘chauffeur’ to all of his family, for most of his life…He will be truly missed. Doug’s work, along with the people, were his lifeline. He never wanted to retire. He always told us that he would work up to 5 minutes before L.O. Cass would pick him up. His wishes came true, he received his last vacation pay this past week. In the early years, Doug was general manager and Vice President of Audet Plastics Specialties, a family owned business. When the company closed, he then went into sales. He was co-owner of the Papeterie Lennoxvile and worked for Lennoxville Printing, ending his working career in Lennoxville and with Imprimerie Martineau. Doug loved his work and his daily contact with the public. He was a ‘people person’ and there was laughter wherever he went. His fans all loved him!! “Let the good times roll”……”Laissez les bons temps rouler”. As busy as Doug was, raising a family and working, he was also very involved in the community. He was nominated Jaycee Senator in 1970, and lifelong member. He then became an active member of the Lennoxville Optimist, as well as being President for a few terms. He was a member and President of Community Aid. He was also a director on the board of the Dixville Home Corporation. People and laughter went hand in hand for Doug, we will all miss him. We will be having a “Celebration of Life” on Saturday July 26 in his memory. Donations, in Doug’s name, to the charity of your choice, would be greatly appreciated. Visitation will be held at Cass Funeral Homes, 3006 College Street, Lennoxville, on Friday July 25th between 2-4 and 7-9 pm and the funeral will be at St. Patrick’s Church on Saturday July 26th at 10:00 am.
- May 23, 1945 to July 8, 2014 Peaceably at the Wales Home in Richmond, on July 8, 2014, at age of 69, passed away Sydney French. Beloved son of the late Kenneth French and the late Joyce French, nephew of the late Clifford, Mary, Lois, Nelson, Westley, Winnifred, Sarah and of loving aunt Dorothy Ross of Cookshire. Cousin of James and Bonnie Wilkin of Cookshire, the late Shirley Wilkin, Edna and John Meagher of St-Thomas Ont., Arthur Wilkin of Windsor Ont., Sharon Ross of Picton Ont., Gladys Ross of Cherry Valley Ont., and other cousins and many many dear friends. Resting at the St-Peter's Anglican Church in Cookshire. The day of the funeral July 15, his friends may pay their respects from 1 to 3 pm , followed by the funeral service.The Rev. Canon Ronald West officiating. The interment will be in the Island Brook Cemetery, Island Brook, Qc. In memoriam donations may be made to The Wales Home Foundation or The Children's Wish Foundation.
- After a long sickness on March 1, 2014 Mr. Leo Fleury passed away at the age of 88 years old. Leaving his first love and wife Laura Betts, also his children Owen (Caroline) and Pamela (Maurice) in dwelling. Also leaving many grandchildren and great grandchildren, family and friends. Mr Fleury will be exposed at the hall under the St-Clement Church in Bishopton on Saturday the 8th of March 2014 from 1 to 3 pm followed by a celebration of Mr Fleury's life. Rev. Wendy Evans officiating.Interment of ashes will be held at a later date in the Lakeside Cemetery Bishopton. Donations to the charity of your choice would be appreciated by the family.
- Passed away at the Wales Home in Richmond, on Monday, December 22, 2014, Mr. Ken Gale at the age of 95. Husband of the late Audrey Beckett, and father of Rae (the late Daniel Jean) and Lee (Jim Coddington). Dear grandfather of Tara Jean, Jason (Leanne), Mark (Anne) and Jared Warnholtz, and Mel, Mat, Jacob and Lucretia Coddington. Ken also leaves to mourn his 5 great-grandsons; Elijah, Micah, Miles, Nolan and Asher Warnholtz. Ken will be remembered for his passion for Jazz music and Standardbred horse racing. Funeral arrangements will be announced at a later date. Donations to the Wales Home Foundation, 506 Rte 243N, Richmond, QC J0B 2H0 would be greatly appreciated by the family. Arrangements entrusted to Cass Funeral Homes Inc., 819-564-1750.
- Passed away at the CHUS Hôtel-Dieu, on Sunday, December 14th, 2014 in her 90th year. Beloved wife of the late Dennis Shapcott. Daughter of the late Arthur and Emily George and dear mother of Richard (Jo-Anne), Caroline (John), Michael (Ann), Suzanne, Jeremy and Jacqueline (Wilfredo). Loving grandmother to Michelle, Debra, Nicole, Malcolm, Jessica, Breeanna, Britteny and Kimberly as well as many great-grandchildren. Predeceased by her sister Patricia George. Audrey is survived by her sisters-in-law Gladys, Mavis, Wendy and brother-in-law Leslie as well as several nieces and nephews. At her request, no visitation. A private graveside service will be held at a later date. In lieu of flowers donations to the Maison Aube-Lumiere, 3071, 12e Avenue Nord, Sherbrooke, QC J1H 5H3 or to the Wales Home Foundation, 506, Route 243 N. Richmond, QC J0B 2H0, would be appreciated by the family. A special thanks to family friend Kitty Draper for all her support.
- Passed away peacefully at Place Sanborn seniors’ residence on December 12, 2014, at the age of 83. She was predeceased by her loving husband Wayne Little, and leaves to mourn her children Jim (Joanne Menard), Randy (Cathy Lawrence), Angela (Stuart Hatch), and Rod (Yvette Roy), as well as her sister, Annabella Gilbert. She will be missed by her grandchildren David, Kaitlin, Jennifer, Heather, Michael (Samantha Roy), Meghann (James Dolloff), Greg (Priscilla Begin), Monica (Adam Hartley), Amanda (Michael Coakley), Bryan, and Sara. She also leaves behind her greatgrandchildren William, Miles, Laela, Jackson, Travis, Derek, Hailey, Zachary, Amy, Kyle, Noah, Caleb and Benjamin. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 900 Clough St., Ayer’s Cliff, where friends may visit on Thursday, December 18 from 1 to 3 p.m. The funeral will follow at 3 p.m. at the funeral home. Interment will take place at the Ayer’s Cliff Cemetery in the spring.
- August 7, 1933 - August 17, 2014 Peacefully with his loving family around him at the Hotel Dieu Hospital, at the age of 81. Loving and devoted husband to Glenys (Mantle) for 57 years. Cherished father of Stanley, Stephen (Tiffany Standish), Valerie (Charles Simpkin), Kevin (Chantal Paquet) and Cara (Joe Jackman). He was our adored GD (GrandDad) to Michael & Brian Simpkin, Sydney & Kelsey Groves, Adam, Kyla and Sam Jackman, and step-grandchildren Cody & Carly Standish-Wallis. He is survived by his sisters Beverley (the late Kjeld Larsen), June and Heather (Pierre Lague) and our extended family members. Pre-deceased by his sister, Viola. Stan retired from Bishop’s University in 1996 after a 33 year career as a professor of Economics. Founder of the Golden Lion Pub and Brewery in Lennoxville, Stan was instrumental in starting the micro-brewing industry in Quebec. The Lion continues to be a tradition in the community for students and townspeople alike. Stan will be remembered for his never-ending optimism, quick sense of humour, kindness and endless generosity. He was loved and respected by many. His favourite times were those surrounded by his family and friends. Stan was always a gentleman but also a gentle man, and will be greatly missed by all who knew him. Dad, thank you for all that you were. You have shown us what it is to live a wonderful life and we will all strive to walk in your footsteps. You will be in our hearts and thoughts forever. We love you Big D! Family and friends will be received at Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St., Lennoxville on Friday, August 22 from 2 - 4:00 pm and 7 - 9:00 pm. A service will be held at St. Mark's Chapel, Bishop's University on Saturday, August 23 at 11:00 am. Our family is very grateful to all the doctors and nurses who have cared for Stan over the years at the CHUS and Clinique Médicale Belvédère. A special thanks to our family doctor, Dr. Julie Langlois. In lieu of flowers, we would greatly appreciate donations to the Palliative Care Unit (6th floor, Hotel Dieu Hospital), to Lennoxville United Church, or to a charity of your choice.
- Irma E Wood (Gilbert) In her 101st year Irma E Wood (nee Gilbert) died at Place Sanborn. She was predeceased by her husband Ivan E. Wood (1909-1991). Mourning her passing and celebrating her life are her sons, Robert, (Carol Larouche), Richard, (Patricia), granddaughters Cory (Joe Masterson), Sue-Lane, Bobbi-Jo (Phil Tilton), and grandson Ryan ( Joanne Mason) Irma also had many great-grandchildren). There will be visitation at the Cass Funeral Home 900 Clough Ayer's Cliff,on Monday August 25, 2014, from 2:00 to 3:00 pm where family and friends may come to visit, followed by the celebration of her life , with Reverend Barbara Wintle officiating. Interment will take place in the Ayer's Cliff cemetery. The family wishes to thank Shirley and Harry Webb, Place Sanborn, and all who have helped Irma through the years. Donations can be made to the Ayer’s Cliff Cemetery Association 950 Amy St., Ayer’s Cliff'Qc. JOB 1C0
- Passed away peacefully on Monday, February 24th, 2014 at the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke after a short illness. Ivan was born on April 16th, 1933, the son of the late Ralph Gilbert and the late Verlie Kenney Gilbert of Bishopton, Quebec. He will be greatly missed by his sisters Thelma (Ronald Westman) and Verna (Marcel Cotnoir) and his many nieces and nephews. Ivan was predeceased by another treasured sister Marion (Stanley Downes) of Troy, New Hampshire. Ivan lived his entire life in the Eastern Townships. He held a certificate in the Fundamentals of Electronics and enjoyed technology. He spent part of his working life at the Bishop Casket Factory in Bishopton and also worked with his father at the Bury Gristmill & Sawmill. Ivan later ran his own lawn care business for several years. The family would like to thank the St. Paul’s Rest Home in Bury for the wonderful care Ivan received during the many years he resided there The funeral will be held at 2:00 pm on Thursday, February 27th at the Cass Funeral Home in Lennoxville at 3006 rue College St. Sherbrooke, QC. Family members will hold visitation from 1:00 – 2:00 pm, prior to the funeral service. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that donations be directed to the Lakeside Cemetery in Bishopton, c/o Marie James, Box 168, 101 Main St. Bishopton, QC J0B 1G0.
- Passed away suddenly on February 10, 2014 at the age of 57. Beloved husband of Joanne Smith and cherished father of Jennifer (Alex MacDonald) and Stefanie (Ryan O Shaunghnessy). Patrick will also be sadly missed by his grandchildren Wyatt and Caleb. along with his sister Sylvia, brother-in-law Rick (Suzanne), Tammy, Kathy, sister-in-law Diane , and brother-in-law Michael (Tammy), (Travis and Samantha), as well as many nieces, nephews , other relatives, and friends. He was pre-deceased by Beth and Louis, Christine and Rick. A funeral service will be held at the Cass Funeral Home, 545 Dufferin. Stanstead, Qc. on Saturday, Ferbruary 15 at 1:30 p.m. with Reverend Barbara Wintle officiating
- GORDON, Margaret Cynthia Anne Feb 10, 1936 - Jan 21, 2014 Cynthia passed away in Brossard, QC in her 78th year, after battling cancer for a number of years. Raised in the Eastern Townships, Cynthia was the daughter of A.P. and Margaret Gordon and sister of Judith Gordon who predeceased her. She will be greatly missed by her brother James, his wife Trina, her niece Heather, cousins and friends. There will be a graveside service at the Crystal Lake Cemetery in the spring.
- Passed away peacefully at the CHUS Fleurimont, Sherbrooke, on Thursday January 2nd 2014 at the age of 70. Husband of the late Shirley Dionne, and loving companion of Sarah Oakley. Dear father of Carole (the late François Bernier), Nicole (the late Daniel Couture), Michel (Chantal Lauzon) and of Nic St-Laurent (Donna Slager). Grandfather of Hugues, Jacinthe, Fréderique, Camille and Jacob. Émile also leaves to mourn, his brothers and sisters; Archille (the late Gisèle), Jean, Lise (André Doir), Francine, Sylvio (Jeannine), and was predeceased by his brother Romeo. He will be missed by his nieces, nephews, brothers-in-law, sisters-in-law, relatives and many dear friends. Visitation was held at the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principale S., Richmond, on Sunday January 5th 2014, from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 PM. A funeral Mass will be held in Ste-Bibiane Catholic Church on Monday January 6th at 11:00 AM with father Benoit Houde officiating. Interment in the parrish cemetery at a later date. The family would like to thank the staff of the CHUS Fleurimont, 7th Floor, for the wonderful care they provided.
- On Sunday, the 9th of December, with his sons at his side, Mr. Arthur Hastings went peacefully to be with his Lord. Predeceased by his wife of 59 years Jessie, he leaves to mourn his sisters Helen McGovern and Elizabeth Stewart as well as his sons Dale (Louise) and Richard (Susan). Known as Bampy to his seven grandchildren, Shawn, Jeffery, Scott, Stephanie, Jill, Mark and Brian, Arthur was proud of every one of them and the partners they have chosen. A recent recipient of the Queen Elizabeth II, Diamond Jubilee Medal, Arthur was a fiercely proud Canadian. He served in the Royal Canadian Armoured Corps during WWII and afterward, continued his career with Canadian Pacific Railway. A past president of Royal Canadian Legion, Branch 10, Art thoroughly enjoyed suppers at the Legion on Friday nights with his comrades. An active Mason and Past Master of Victoria Lodge, Arthur was grateful for the support he received from his brethren during his illness. Family and friends are invited to a visitation on Friday, December 14, from 7 to 9 P.M at the Cass Funeral Home , 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville). A Legion Service will be held at 7 pm and a Masonic Service at 7:30 pm. A graveside service on Saturday, December 15 at 2 P.M. at Reedsville Cemetery in North Hatley, Reverend Mead Baldwin officiating. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Canadian Cancer Society will be gratefully acknowledged.
- Zena Haynes Colton passed away peacefully, at the age of 89, in Sawyerville, Québec, on May 18, 2014. Born in Canaan, Vermont, dear daughter of the late Addie Banfill and the late Abner Haynes, she graduated in 1946 as a registered nurse at the Sherbrooke Hospital. She is survived by her children Nancy (Daniel Gagnon) and John (Linda Desmarais), her grandchildren Stéphanie, John and Katia and a great grandchild Chevy. A graveside service will be held at the Alice Hunt Cemetery, in Canaan, Vermont, on Friday May 30th, 2014 at 3:00pm. Memorial tributes to Myeloma Canada to fund research towards multiple myeloma will be greatly appreciated by the family. Tributes can be made via the internet at www.myelomacanada.ca or by mail at: Myeloma Canada, P.O. Box 326, Kirkland, QC , Canada H9H 0A4 .
- Barabara Henderson, residing at the Wales Home, passed away at the CHUS Fleurimont, Sherbrooke, surrounded by family on Friday April 11th 2014 at the age of 81 years. Loving wife of the late Lawrence Henderson and dearest friend of Albert Cayer. Barbara also leaves to mourn her sister Dian (late Merle Webster) and her brother Eric (Helen), his sisters-in-law Patricia Henderson (late Ross) and Audrey Henderson (late Lorne). She was predeceased by her brothers and sister Kenneth, Ralph, Franklin (Shirley), Ross (Patricia), Lorne (Audrey), Raymond (Jacqueline), Edward, Gilbert (Wendy) and Janet (Doug). She also leaves to mourn many nieces, nephews, great-nieces, great-nephews, other relatives and dear friends. Visitation will take place at the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principale S., Richmond on Tuesday April 15th from 2 to 4 pm and from 7 to 9 pm, as well as on April 16th from 1 to 2 pm followed by the funeral service at the funeral home at 2 pm. Donations to the Canadian Diabetes Association or the Heart and Stroke Foundation would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away at the Connaught Home in North Hatley, on Friday March 21st, 2014 in her 93rd year. Audrey was the beloved wife of the late Norman H. Beach, who predeceased her in March 1991. She was predeceased by her parents John D. Hazle and Vircil M. Rudd, her sister Muriel Phyllis in 1927, and her brother Douglas C. Hazle in 1998, by her sister-in-law, her two nieces and two nephews of Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. Audrey is also survived by numerous nieces and nephews. Visitation at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St., Sherbrooke (Lennoxville) will be held on Tuesday March 25 from 12:30 to 2:00PM, followed by a funeral service at 2:00PM with Rev. Jim Potter officiating. Audrey will be laid to rest beside her late husband Norman H. Beach, in the family lot at the Elmwood Cemetery, Sherbrooke. Donations to the Connaught Home or to the Lennoxville United Church would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away at the CHUS Hotel-Dieu, with his family by his side, on Monday March 10th 2014 at the age of 80. Loving husband of Patricia Bergeron, and dear father of Robert (Brenda Brock), George (Nathalie Ouellette), Sharon (Robin Mondoux), and Kelly (Mario Caron). Loving grandfather of Michael (Sabrina), Kyle (Pamela), Brian (Stephanie), Kim, William, Zoe (Ziv), Zachary, Marc (Kacie) and Rebecca (Maxime), and great grandfather of Bryanna, Lilly-Anne, Haley and Peyton. Ross also leaves to mourn, his sisters Barbara and Dian, his brother Eric (Helen), his sister-in-law Madelyn Betts, and brothers-in-law Marcel (Eliane), Frank (Carmen), George (Wendy) and Mark (Lynn) along with many nieces, nephews and dear friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Homes Inc, 295 Principale S., Richmond, where friends may visit on Friday March 14th from 7 to 9PM and on Saturday from 1 to 2 PM. A funeral service will be held on Saturday March 15th 2014 at 2:00PM with Rev. Wanda Dillabough officiating. Interment in St-Anne’s Cemetery at a later date. Donations to the Heart and Stroke Foundation would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully at the Maison Aube-Lumière, on Monday, February 17, 2014 at the age of 94 years. Loving wife of the late William Harper and dear mother of Knight George and his loving companion Chantale. She leaves to mourn her grandchildren Allan George (Angela Goodin), the late Eric George, Vanessa and Kevin Breton, her great grandchildren Kylie and Kieran George. Vera also leaves to mourn her sister Thelma Harding, along with many nieces, nephews other relatives and dear friends. A funeral service will be held on Saturday, June 14, 2014 at 2pm. The family will be at the church one hour prior to the service. Interment to follow at the Bury Protestant Cemetery. Rev. Ruth Charleau officiating. The family would like to thank the Maison Aube-Lumière for the wonderful care given to Vera. Donations to the Maison Aube-Limière, 3071, 12th Avenue North, Sherbrooke, QC J1H 5H3 would be appreciated by the family.
- John Wellington HENDERSON (Feb 21, 1928- Feb 2, 2014 ) Passed away at the CHSLD La Sapinière, East Angus, on Sunday, February 2, 2014 at the age of 85. Beloved husband of the late Winnie McElravy and the late Simone Bailey. Dear father of William "Bill" (Pat Martin) and Clifford (Danielle Bagnato). Beloved grandpa of Sabrina and Audrey. John is survived by Charles and predeceased by Benny, Mike, Anthony Katie, Susie, Nellie, May, Bertha, Pearl and Mabel and also by his brothers-in-law and sister-in-law, Stella, Finley and Fred.He will be missed by his nieces, nephews and dear friends, Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 15 Station St. Sawyerville, QC on Saturday, February 8, 2014 from 12:30 to 2:30 pm followed by the funeral service at 2:30 pm. Rev. Wendy Evans officiating. Interment in the Candlish United Cemetery, Kinnear's Mills at a later date. Donations to the Lower Ireland Chapel Cemetery, c/o Clifford Henderson, 89 Theberge St. Chateauguay, QC J6J 3K4 would be appreciated.
- Passed away suddenly at her home in Richmond, on Thursday January 23rd 2014, Janet Banfill at the age of 69. Loving wife of the late Douglas Banfill, and dear mother of Frances (André Rocheleau), Richard, Bruce (Helen Johnston) and Karen. Dear Grammie of Joshua, Promise and Kyrie-Anne Rocheleau, Maranda and Camden Banfill, Nathalie St-Hilaire Banfill (Rick Noble), and Étienne, Victoria and Xavier Poirier. Janet also leaves to mourn, her great granddaughter, Kristen Noble, her brothers and sisters; Ross (Pat), Barbara (late Lawrence), Eric (Helen) and Diane (Late Merle), and her brother-in-law Everett Banfill (Mattie) along with Sylvain Poirier, many nieces, nephews and dear friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principale S., Richmond, where friends may visit on Tuesday January 28th from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 PM, and on Wednesday from 1 to 2 PM. A funeral service will be held at St-Anne’s Anglican Church on Wednesday January 29th at 2:00PM with the Rev. Wanda Dillabough officiating. Interment in St-Anne’s cemetery in the spring. The family would like to thank the staff of the CHUS Fleurimont for the wonderful care they provided, as well as to Dr. Charles Cormier for his care and compassion. The family requests that a random act of kindness done for someone in need, would best represent Janet's beliefs.
- Sylvia Margaret Gallagher (nee Hardy) January 8, 1939-December 16, 2014. World traveler, proud physiotherapist, tennis player, and beloved mother, passed peacefully surrounded by loved ones. Sylvia emigrated from Wales in 1962, joined The Montreal Tennis Club and fell in love with Joseph Francis Gallagher, the love of her life. Her spirit is carried forward by her five children (Lise, Steven, Donna, Charles, and Philip) six grandchildren (Justin, Jacob, Chelsea, Aidan, Ruby, and Brody) two brothers (Brian and Richard), and countless friends. She loved her extended family deeply, including her sisters in law Peggy, Ann, and Barbara, her sons in law Walter and Mark, and her daughters in law Gina and Stacey. She is predeceased by her parents, Thomas and Dorothy, and her beloved husband Joe. In her later years, she loved to call her children on the phone and speak with incredible affection about all her amazing friends in North Hatley, Montreal, and beyond. You were a second family to her, and for that we are grateful. We were blessed to have learned many things from Sylvia: Be generous. Never hold a grudge. British Chocolate is the best. Travel the world. Don’t waste a single moment feeling sorry for yourself. Cherish your friends. It's possible to reinvent yourself in your fifties. Give back to the community. Skype is the perfect way to keep in touch with your grandchildren. North Hatley is a wonderful place to live. Never give up your British Passport. Love your children. The family would like to thank the Hôtel-Dieu for the wonderful care given to Sylvia. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), on Friday, December 19, 2014 from 1 to 3 pm followed by the service at 3 pm. In lieu of flowers, please consider a donation to Community Aide Meals On Wheels North Hatley, P.O. Box 292 Suc. Lennoxville, Sherbrooke, QC J1M 1Z5.