Searching this page will only find
what you can see on the page.
To search inside all obituaries,
first they must all be visiable.
This can be easily done by
clicking on the small gray square
just below the ABC in the upper
right corner of the page.
NEKG of Vermont does not own copyright to the information on this page.
Each obituary on this page belongs to the originator.
Obituaries are created by the deceased or relatives of the deceased
with the help of funeral homes and are published with the intent of
informing the public of its content.
NEKG (NorthEast Kingdom Genealogy)
of Vermont does own this particular collection, transcription and the
presentation of these materials.
You will need to log in as either Member
or as Guest
in order to view obituaries.
Go back to the Obituaries Index page
to get the guest login information.
- Passed away at the CHUS Hotel Dieu on Thursday, April 22, 2010, in his 92nd year. Beloved husband of the late Mildred Dempsey and brother of the late Mabel Robertson; dear father of: Nancy, Dorothy (Michael Bugdale) and the late Allan; Ronald will also be sadly missed by his grandchildren, great-grandchildren, sister-in-law Blanche French (Audrey),as well as his nieces, nephew, Masonic brothers and friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 545 Dufferin, Stanstead 819-876-5213/www.casshomes.ca on Monday, April 26, 2010, from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. and on Tuesday, April 27 from 12:30 to 1:45 p.m., followed by the service in the Stanstead South United church at 2:00 p.m. A Masonic service will be held Monday at 7:00 p.m..
- Meva passed away peacefully at the CHUS Fleurimont in Sherbrooke, on Wednesday February 17th 2010 with her family by her side. Loving wife of 46 years to Roy Gallibois, and dear mother of Murray (Sue), Jane, Leona (Adelard Cormier), Lisette (Barry Evans), Camy (Terrence Letemplier), Lorelee (Neil Robertson) and Colinda (Ross Lavallee). Loving Mama of Grady, Gaylin, Nathanial, Miranda, Frankie, Rick, Shawn, Cassandra, Jeffrey, Eli, the late Kluanie, Melanie, Amanda, Victor, Shania and Justine, and great grandmother of Rory, Ashton and Dawn. Meva also leaves to mourn, her sisters Jane (the late Roger Lambert), Clarisse (the late John Rowsell), her brothers Gaston (Betty), Donald (Blandine), Raymond (Emelie) and Baptiste (Eleanor), along with her sister-in-law Diane (Ghislain Degrâce), and brother-in-law Edgar (the late Rita). Predeceased by her brother-in-law Wilfred (the late Ivy), and her sister-in-law Violet (the late Joseph Monger). She will be greatly missed by many relatives and dear friends here in Sherbrooke as well as the Lower North Shore. Resting at the Cass Funeral home, 3006 College St., Sherbrooke (819) 564-1750 www.casshomes.ca where friends may visit on Sunday February 21st from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 pm and on Monday from 10 to 10:45 AM. A funeral mass will be held at St-Patrick’s Catholic Church on Monday February 22nd at 11:00AM, followed by the interment in St-Antoine Cemetery. Donations in Meva’s memory may be made to the Canadian Cancer Society or to the Canadian Kidney Foundation.
- Passed away at the Grace Christian Home on Wednesday, February 10, 2010. Iris Gertrude Brown in her 91st year. Iris was the wife of the late Richard Raymond Brown. She was the daughter of the late James Earl Nutbrown and the late Florrie E. Wilson. She was the the sister of the late Weston Nutbrown. Iris will be missed by many cousins and dear friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville) Tel: (819)564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca where friends may visit on Monday, February 15th, 2010 from 7 to 9 pm and on Tuesday, February 16th from 1 to 2 pm followed by the funeral service in the funeral home at 2 pm. Rev. James Potter officiating. Interment in the Huntingville Protestant Cemetery at a later date. As memorial tributes, donations to the Dr. W. J. Klinck Foundation, 1501, rue Campbell, Sherbrooke, QC J1M 0C1 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- peacefully and in the presence of family at the Ste-Anne’s Veterans Hospital, Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue, QC, on Sunday November 7th, 2010 in his 98th year. Beloved husband of the late Alberta Temple, dear father of Marsha (Unheim) of North Vancouver, B.C.; Brian of Candiac, Qc.; Susan (Keenan) Toronto, ON; and the late Elizabeth Anne (Rockwood) formerly of Toronto, ON. Beloved and respected father-in-law of the late Erik Unheim (Marsha); Rosemarie Boucher (Brian); the late Damien Keenan (Susan); and Michael Rockwood (the late Elizabeth Ann). Most excellent and beloved grandfather of Oliver and Caitlin O’Boyle, Annemarie and Per Unheim, and Christiane Keenan. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St., Sherbrooke ( Lennoxville), Qc, where family and friends may call on Friday November 19th from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. and from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. A funeral mass will be celebrated on Saturday November 20th at 11:00 a.m. at St. Patrick’s Church, 20 Gordon St. Sherbrooke Qc. Special thanks to Tina, Mario, Dawn, Anna and all the staff at the Westhill Residence in N.D.G. who provided such excellent care for Dad for the last three years, and where he was fondly known as the “Cookie Monster” for his frequen raiding of the pantry to get at his beloved chocolate chip cookies. In lieu of flowers, and in recognition of the superb care provided at the end by the doctors, nurses and staff at the Ste-Anne’s Veterans Hospital, donations to the Ste-Anne’s Hospital Foundation would be appreciated, at 305 Boul des Anciens-Combattants, Ste-Anne de Bellevue, Qc., H9X 9Z9.
- Passed away peacefully on July 1st, 2010, Mr. Murray Perkins at the age of 79. Loving husband of 56 years to Betty Hodge, and dear father of Linda (Adry Osman) and Laureen (Jean Mignault). Loving Grampa of Julie and Brandon Osman, and Aimee and Kristina Nickerson, and great grandfather of Skylar Grace Charlebois. Also left to mourn, is his brother Malcolm (the late Marlene), his brother-in-law Richard Hodge (Irene), and sister-in-law Elaine (the late Douglas Hodge) along with his nieces, nephews and many friends. Murray is pre-deceased by his sister Sylvia (the late Herbert Lockwood), and his brother-in-law Daniel. Resting at the Dupuis Funeral Home, 148 Daniel Johnson St., Danville, where friends may visit on Sunday July 4th from 7 to 9PM and on Monday from 1 to 2 PM. A funeral service will be held in the funeral home on Monday July 5th at 2:00PM with the Rev. Martyn Sadler officiating. Interment in Crystal Lake Cemetery, Stanstead, at a later date. Donations to the Heart and Stroke foundation or to the Canadian Cancer Society would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Vaudry, Catherine Alice (Pierce) In her 85th year , on Thursday May 20th, peacefully at Grace Christian Home, following a brief battle with cancer. She was predeceased by her loving husband Fred and is survived by her children John (Wendy Cowan), Richard (Wendy Paulette), Janice (Robert Carey) and Craig as well as her grandchildren Paul, Mary (Allan Veldman), Phillip, James, Eric, Eleanor, Edward and Hannah. Also survived by her sister-in-law Julia (Vaudry) Cochrane and nephews Garth Pierce, Gregory Pierce and niece Adrienne Mitchell. She was also predeceased by her two brothers Harry Pierce and Alton Pierce. Visitation will be Monday evening from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Cass Funeral Home 3006 College St., (Lennoxville) Sherbrooke, 819-564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca and a funeral service will be held on Tuesday at 2 p.m. at St-Andrews Presbyterian Church, 256 Queen Street, (Lennoxvile), Sherbrooke. Burial at Malvern Cemetery.
- At the Connaught Home on Friday May 14, 2010 at the age of 87 years. Phyllis Marjorie was the daughter of the late Winfield Parker and the late Marjorie Bean and was the loving wife of the late Frederick S. Wilson. Phyllis was predeceased by her brothers Philip (late Gabby Gravel) and Ralph (Pauline Proulx Parker). Phyllis is survived by 2 nephews, one niece and several cousins. Resting at the St-Pauls United Church, 211 Pine St., Magog, where friends may call on Friday May 21, 2010 from 1 to 2 pm followed by the funeral service at 2 pm. Rev. Deane Moffat officiating. Interment in the Reedsville Cemetery North Hatley, QC. Donations to the Connaught Home c/o The Dr. J. Klinck Foundation, 1501 rue Campbell, Sherbroke, QC, J1M 0C1 would by greatly acknowledge by the family. Arrangement entrusted to the Cass Funeral Home, 819-564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca.
- Following a long and happy life of devotion to her family, Cora passed away peacefully at the Argyll Geriatric on Wednesday May 12, 2010. Born on October 23rd, 1918 in North Hatley, Quebec, Cora spent all of her later years in the Sherbrooke area, and until her passing was a resident at the St. Francis Manor. Cora was predeceased by her parents William and Katie Mae Peck (nee LeBaron), her brother Gerald Dezan (Grace), sisters Blanche Dezan (Beanie Connors), Beulah Dezan (Lester Christie) and Mimi Peck Anderson, her life long friend and companion. Cora's pride and joy were her four children, Jack, David, Jill and Ben Lynn. Jack (Regina), Washington, PA., and families Tim Perkins (Dana) and son Andrew, Todd Perkins (Angie) and daughter Clover Madison, Jimmy Beattie (Casey) and Ryan Beattie (Jaimie), David (Colette), Compton, Que., and family Jennifer Perkins (Jonathan Moffat) and sons Brendan, Colby and Ethan Moffat of Magog, and Alex Perkins, Waterville, Jill (Mike Marshall), Chicago, IL., and families Jason Breckenridge (Lucy Hockings) Longdon, Eng., and son George, Jodi Breckenridge (Sean Yates) Kingscroft and family Zoê, William and Noah, Kristen Marshall (Joey Sanfilippo) Chicago, IL., and family, Isabella, Olivia, Anthony, and Michael Marshall (Lyne) also of Chicago, Ben Lynn Perkins of Montreal Quebec. The arrival of each new child to Cora's family was always a source of continued joy to her. Cora's love and devotion to her family encompassed her nieces Wanda, Lori and Bonnie Anderson, Eva Fowler (deceased) and Sue Mignault (nee Connors) and their families, also her " second " daughter Rosemary Knox as well as the many special friends Cora had. Cora will be missed by sisters-in-law Norma Perkins and Rita (Perkins) Loiselle and many nephews and nieces. A celebration of Cora's life will be held at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College Street, Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), QC J1M 1T9 (819)564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca on Friday May 21, 2010 with visitation from 10:00 to 11:00 am followed by the service officated by Rev. Heather Thompson. Interment immediately following in the Reedsville Cemetery, North Hatley. In lieu of flowers, a donations in memoriam of Cora to the Townshipper's Association or any other charity of your choice would be appreciated. The family is grateful to the personnel at CHUS (Fleurimont and Hotel-Dieu) as well as the Argyll Geriatric for the care and compassion to Cora during her recent illness.
- Passed away at the C.S.S.S, Memphremagog after a lengthy illness, on Thursday, April 22, 2010, at the age of seventy-nine years. Beloved husband of Ardell Vivian Gosney and cherished father of: William(Brenda), Russell (Lisa), Brian (Monique) and Jennifer (Joel); Loving grandfather of : Jamie (Amanda), Ashlee (Kevin), Joshua (Vanessa), Nathaniel, Chelsea, Jason, Tyler, Katie and Sean; Albert will also be sadly missed by his great-grandchildren: Brianna, Sierra, Riley and Jacob, as well as his nieces, nephews, other relatives and many friends.There will be visitation in the presence of his ashes at the Cass Funeral Home, 545 Dufferin, Stanstead on Tuesday, April 27,2010 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. and also on Wednesday from !:00 to 2:00 p.m. followed by the service in the chapel. Interment will take place in Apple Grove Cemetery. As a tribute to his memory, donations made to the C.S.S.S. Memphremagog, 50 St-Patrice Est., Magog, Qc. J1X 3X3 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Elaine passed away peacefully on Sunday, February 28th, 2010 at CSSS Val St-François CHSLD Richmond. She was the cherished sister of Brenda Philbrick-Horan (Rod), loving aunt of David , Keith (Melanie) and great-aunt of Kelly, Kevin, Ashley and Karleigh Horan. Predeceased by her loving husband Bruce McKelvey, her parents Oscar Philbrick and Lilian McClure, and brother-in-law Carl Horan. Survived by sister-in-law Ruby McKelvey (late Percy), brothers-in-law Nelson McKelvey (late Lil) and Stuart McKelvey (Alice). Predeceased by sister-in-law Lois (late Everette Martin) and brothers-in-law Kenneth McKelvey (late Doris) and Royce McKelvey. She will be sadly missed by McKelvey nieces and nephews and her Graham cousins Reg, Barbara, Virginia, Gary, Gail, Heather , Peter, Terry and their spouses. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principale S., Richmond, Québec (819-826-2502) www.casshomes.ca where friends may visit Friday evening, April 9th from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. followed by the funeral service at Holy Trinity Church, Denison Mills at 1 p.m. with Rev. Andrew O'Donnell officiating. Burial in Danville Protestant Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations in her memory to Holy Trinity Church, Denison Mills, C/O Kirk Robinson, 545 Ch. Denison, Richmond, Qué. J0B 2H0 or to the charity of your choice , would be appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully at Place Sanborn in Ayer’s Cliff on Tuesday, February 9, 2010, at the age of ninety-four years. Beloved wife of Alfred. Loving mother of Dyanne (Dale) and Nick (Gail). Beulah will also be sadly missed by her four grandchildren and ten great-grandchildren as well as her sister Geraldine Parker, her very special friends Noreen MacDonald and Louise Gilbert, other relatives and friends. A memorial service will be held at a later date.
- James Robert Porter, formerly of Thetford Mines, QC, passed away peacefully at the Wales Home in Richmond on Wednesday January 20th, 2010 in his 82nd year. He will be sadly missed by his wife Shirley Mounsey and his sons Ron (Lorraine), Dartmouth, NS, Russell (Nina), LaSalle, QC and Ken (Jean) of Lennoxville, QC. He will also be missed by his grandchildren Rowena, Caitlin, Lindsay and Andy. He was predeceased by his brothers George (late Ethel and Marnie), Bill (Pauline) and Eddy. Also left to mourn are his brother-in-law Donald Mounsey (late Jackie) and sister-in-law Verna Szilagyi (late Louis), several nieces, nephews and friends. A graveside service will be held at the Riverside Memorial Cemetery, Kinnear's Mills, QC, at a later date. The family wish to thank the caregivers of Norton 2 at the Wales Home, for the excellent care he was given. Donations in his memory, to the Wales Home, 506 Rte 243 N, Richmond, QC, J0B 2H0 or to the Riverside Memorial Cemetery, c/o Mr. Lawrence Allan, 3080 Allan Rg, RR#1, Kinnear's Mills, QC G0N 1K0, would be appreciated by the family.
- Peacefully at the Kingston General Hospital, on Sunday, November 21, 2010 at the age of 87 years. Gertrude Pearl Purdy, beloved wife of the late Edward Ball and devoted mother of Carl (Kathi) of Kingston ON, John (Christine) of Brampton ON and Michael (Christine) of Waterville PQ.. Much loved grandmother of Erin, Andrew, Terry and Chelsea. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville) where friends may call on Wednesday, December 1, 2010 from 7 to 9 pm. A funeral service will be held at the Waterville United Church on Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 2 pm. Rev. Mead Baldwin officiating. Followed by interment in the Greenwood Cemetery Waterville. Donations made to the charity of your choice would be gratefully acknowledged by her family.
- Passed away in the presence of her loving family at the L’Envolee CSSS on Friday, October 15, 2010, at the age of 78. Beloved wife of the late Russell Smith and the late Maurice Bedard. Cherished mother of: Maida (Andre), Butch ( Emmy), Robert, and Jimmy; Ida will also be sadly missed by her six grandchildren, ten great-grandchildren, along with her sister Nina and brother Walter (Priscilla). There will be visitation in the presence of her ashes at the Cass Funeral Home, 545 Dufferin, Stanstead 819-876-5213/www.casshomes.ca on Thursday, October 21, 2010, where friends may visit from 2:00 to 4:00 and 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.. A service will be held in the chapel on Friday, October 22, at 2:00 p.m. with Reverend Doreen Moffat officiating. Interment will take place in the St. James Cemetery as a tribute to her memory, donations made to the L’Envolee CSSS 50 St-Patrice Est, Magog, Qc. J1X 3X3 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Suddenly at his home in Sherbrooke, QC, on Thursday, October 7, 2010, Henry Rupert Porter in his 83rd year. Husband of the late Sophie Abud and survived by sons Bruce (Monique) and Brian (Patti), grandchildren Maxime and Madison, two brothers-in-law, two sisters-in-law and several nieces and nephews. Graveside service and interment of ashes in Eaton Cemetery at 1 p.m. on Saturday, October 16. Arrangements entrusted to Cass Funeral Home, Sherbrooke, QC, (819) 564-1750. No flowers. Donations to the heart or lung association, or any charity of your choice, would be appreciated by the family.
- At the Hotel Dieu Hospital, Sherbrooke Que. On Thursday, September 23, 2010 at the age of 83 years. Douglas William Pitman beloved husband of Thelma Parker and dear father of Neil and Karen. Doug was the cherished grandfather of Charles and Iriyan. He is survived by his sisters Doris and Gwen and was predeceased by his sister Aileen and is also survived by several nieces and nephews. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke ( Lennoxville ) where friends may call on Monday, September 27, 2010 from 1 to 3 pm followed by " a time of remembrance " at 3 pm. Interment will be at the Reedsville Cemetery North Hatley Que. Memorial donations to the Cancer Society, 3001, 12th Avenue North, Sherbrooke, Quebec J1H 5N4 will be greatly appreciated by the family.
- At the CHUS Fleurimont on Friday, July 16, 2010, at the age of 98 years, following a short illness. Gleason Foster Painter beloved husband of Marjorie Bennett and of the late Thelma McKee and dear father of Betty (Burton McConnell) and the late Brenda and was predeceased by his brother Lindsey. Grandfather to Chris and Mitch Mogensen and Stephen Ferguson. Step father to Bruce, David and Dorothy Bennett. Adopted grandfather to their children. Special uncle to several nieces and nephews, especially Ardie Davidson (Donnie). Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St., Sherbrooke, (Lennoxville) 819-564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca where friends may call on Tuesday, July 20, 2010 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 pm. And on Wednesday, July 21, 2010 at the Island Brook United Church from 1:30 to 2 pm followed by the funeral service at 2 pm. Rev. Martyn Sadler officiating. Interment in the Eaton Cemetery. Memorial donations may be made to the Island Brook Cemetery Ass. c/o Neil Burns, 1382, Rte 212 Cookshire, QC, J0B 1M0 or the Eaton Cemetery Ass. c/o Nadia Boutin, 255, Wheeler RD., Cookshire, QC, J0B 1M0 will be gratefully acknowledged by the family.
- Passed away peacefully; with family at his side on October 25, 2010, at the West Island Palliative Care Residence. Dearly loved husband and best friend of Marilyn Duffy. Cherished Dad of: Alana (Andrew), the late Jillian, and Kevin (Marie). Proud Pappy of seven beautiful granddaughters: Ariah, Savannah, Ceilidh and Zenith Leroux and Taylor, Charlie and Lola Quinn. He will be missed by his sisters- in-law and brothers-in-law and many nieces, nephews, aunts, uncle, cousins and long time friends. Service will be held at St.George’s Anglican Church, 23 Perrault St, Ste-Anne de-Bellevue on Friday October 29, 2010 at 1:30pm with Rev. Neil Mancor officiating. Visitation will take place at St- George’s, from 12:30pm- 1:30pm. Private burial of ashes will take place at St-James Cemetery, Durham Sud, at a later date. In lieu of flowers, a donation can be made to the St-James Cemetery Fund c/o Rodney Duffy 144 12th Range, Durham Sud, JOH 2C0, The West Island Palliative Care Residence 265 Andre-Brunet, Kirkland, Qc, H9H 3R4, or a charity of your choice. A reception will be held in the church basement, following the service. Funeral arrangements entrusted to CASS Funeral Homes, Richmond
- Passed away peacefully at the Wales Home in Richmond on Friday January 22nd, 2010, Mrs. Eileen Roberts at the age of 89. Loving wife of the late Fred Roberts, and dear mother of Brian (Sandra), Heather (Ross Roach) and Bruce (Chris). Dear grandmother of Barry (Karine), Vicki, Michael (Debra), Randy, Dan (Angie), Clint (Ann-Marie) and Kurt, and great grandmother of Brittany, Morgan, Michaela, Damian, Emily and Faith. Eileen also leaves to mourn, her sister Doreen Montgomery (late Merton) and sister-in-law Betty Ingrey (late Eric) along with many nieces, nephews and dear friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principale S., Richmond (819) 826-2502 \ www.casshomes.ca , where friends may visit on Sunday January 24th from 3 to 5 and 7 to 9PM, and on Monday January 25th from 1 to 2 PM followed by the service at 2 PM with Rev. Andrew O’Donnell officiating. Interment in Maple Grove Cemetery at a later date. Donations to the Wales Home Foundation, 506 Rte 243N, Richmond, QC J0B 2H0 would be greatly appreciated by the family. The family would like to extend a special thank you to the caregivers at the Wales Home for the compassionate care they provided.
- Hughes, Lorna (née Riff) Suddenly on January 5, 2010 at the Lakeshore General Hospital. Beloved daughter of the late Mildred and Frank Riff. She leaves to mourn her sisters Marion Patrick (Richmond) and Evelyn Janes (Thornhill) and she was predeceased by her brother Donald. She will be missed by her nine nieces and nephews. A cremation was held with a memorial service to take place in the spring. Arrangements entrusted to the Cass Funeral Homes (819) 564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca
- Passed away after a long illness at the CHUS Fleurimont on Monday, November 29, 2010, at the age of 29 years. Precious son of Florent and Lise. Dear brother of : Cynthia (Philip Nadeau), Geneviève (Steve Charpentier), and Nicolas (Katerine Roy); loving uncle of Tristan. Ghislain will also be sadly missed by many uncles, aunts, cousins, other relatives and friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home 545 Dufferin,Stanstead 819-876-5213 on Friday, December 3, 2010, where friends may visit from 2:00 to 4:00 and 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.. Also on Saturday, December 4, 2010, from 10:00 a.m until departure for the Sacred Heart church at 10:50 a.m. where the service will be held at 11:00. As a tribute to his memory, donations made to the Canadian Muscular Dystrophy Association, 1425 Boulevard René Levesque West. Bureau 506, Montreal, Qc., H3G 1T7 or the CHUS Foundation, 3001 12th ave, Nord, Sherbrooke, Qc. J1H 5N4 would be greatly appreciated by the family, who wishes to express their most sincere thanks for the wonderful care given to Ghislain by the people who were sent to his home by the CLSC in Stanstead, Magog, and Sherbrooke . .
- It is with great sadness that we announce mother's passing after a brave and courageous battle with cancer at the Hotel-Dieu Hospital on Monday, May 24, 2010 at the age of 85 years. Hilda was the daughter of the late Marshall Rand and the late Edith Morrison and the beloved wife of the late Ernest Berwick and the late Douglas Grapes. Dear mother of Barry (Nancy), Norman (Kathy), Brenda (Dale), Bonnie (John) and Steven (Sandi). Cherished Nanny of 14 grandchildren, 2 step grandchildren, 24 great grandchildren, 4 step great grandchildren and 2 great great grandchildren. Predeceased by two grandsons Dexter Berwick and Derek Coote, her sister Laura and her two brothers Lyle (Fay) and Clinton (Doreen). Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 15 Station St. Sawyerville, QC (819)564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca on Thursday, May 27, 2010 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 pm and on Friday, May 28 th from 1 to 1:45 pm followed by the funeral service at the Notre-Dame du Sainte-Rosaire Catholic Church Sawyerville at 2 pm. Rev. Wendy Evans officiating. Interment in the Eaton Cemetery. Hilda's family would like to give a "special thanks" to the parish of Notre-Dame-du-Sainte-Rosarie in Sawyerville for accommodating their families at this time of loss. Memorial donations to the Sawyerville United Church / U C W, 46 Main St. N. Sawyerville,QC J0B 3A0 or the Eaton Cemetery, C/O Nadia Boutin, 255 Wheeler Rd. Cookshire, QC J0B 1M0 or the Maple Leaf Cemetery C/O Linda Fisk, 67 Robert Peel, Sherbrooke, QC J1M 1X5 or the Sawyerville Red Cross C/O Margaret Eastman 136 High Forest Rd. Sawyerville, QC J0B 3A0 would be appreciated by the family. Remember Me fill not your hearts with pain and sorrow but remember me in every tomorrow.
- With heavy hearts we sadly announce the sudden and peaceful passing of Marjorie Rick, in her 89th year, surrounded with the love of her family at her side, on Tuesday, May 11, 2010. Marjorie was a life long resident of Lennoxville and a member of Saint Mark's Chapel at Bishop's University. She is preceded in death by her beloved husband, Donald Rick. Marjorie leaves her memories, friends, loving sons Robert Rick (Kathleen) of Ajax, Ontario and Dean Rick (Shannon) of Daphne, Alabama, 6 grandchildren, Jason (Barbara), Corey, Julia, Jennifer, Vanessa and Graham. Her ashes will be interned with her husband in Malvern Cemetery, Lennoxville. At a later date, Reverend Heather Thompson will officiate the family memorial service. The family is very grateful for the long term support & care by neighbours Pat & Brian Heath and Dorothy Hudon. Our thanks to the staff and residents of the Wales Home for helping make her final years so enjoyable. Arrangements entrusted to: Cass Funeral Home, Lennoxville, (819) 564-1750/ www.casshomes.ca
- At the CHUS Fleurimont,on Monday, May 10, 2010 at the age of 94 years. Clara Evelyn Ross beloved wife of the late Lyle Herring and loving mother of Norma (Robert Harrison) of Bury and Ferne of Lennoxville. Clara was the cherished grandma of Douglas and adoring great-grandma of Phillip and Jacob. Clara was predeceased by her brother Cecil Ross and her sister Eileen Ross. Resting at St.George's Anglican Church, Lennoxville where friends may call on Monday, May 17, 2010 from 1 to 2:30 pm followed by the funeral service at 2:30 pm. The Ven Dean Ross officiating. Interment in the Bury Cemetery. As memorial tributes, donations to the St.George's Anglican Church In Memorium Fund, P.O. Box 35001, Borough Lennoxville, 147 Queen St. Sherbrooke, QC J1M 1J7 or the charity of your choice will be gratefully acknowledged by the family. Arrangements entrusted to the CassFuneral Home 819-564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca
- Passed away at the Magog Hospital on February 3, 2010 in her 96th year, following a brief illness. Ruby was born on February 12, 1914 in Methilhill, Scotland, the daughter of the late Daniel Ramage and Jeannie Dunsire. She was the dear sister of the late Jean Ramage (John Lessard) and half sister to Mathew Ramage (Elsie) of Lennoxville. On May 18, 1932 she married George Hornby (deceased) and was then remarried to John (Jack) Kay (deceased) on September 19, 1973. Ruby spent her early years in Scotland and came to Canada in 1930 at the age of 16. After a brief time in Montreal she moved to Chesterville, Ontario, where she met her first husband, George. The couple lived in Morrisburg, Ontario for a number of years and then moved to Georgeville, Quebec, when George was serving overseas in WWII. Before moving to The Whitehouse in Stanstead, Ruby was an active member of the Georgeville community, participating in many church and community activities. She is survived by her three sons, Richard (Georgina), Daniel (Margaret) and George (Marj). Ruby also leaves to mourn many grandchildren, great-grandchildren and dear friends. A celebration of her life will be held at the St-George's Anglican Church, Georgeville, to be announced at a later date. The family would like to thank all the staff, past and present, of The Whitehouse in Stanstead, for the wonderful care and support she received there. Ruby loved her home and second family at The Whitehouse. In memory of Ruby, donations to the Anglican Church of Georgeville, (230 chemin Magoon Point, Georgeville, Quebec, J0B 1T0) would be greatly appreciated by the family. Arrangements entrusted to the Cass Funeral Home (819)564-1750/ www.casshomes.ca