Searching this page will only find
what you can see on the page.
To search inside all obituaries,
first they must all be visiable.
This can be easily done by
clicking on the small gray square
just below the ABC in the upper
right corner of the page.
NEKG of Vermont does not own copyright to the information on this page.
Each obituary on this page belongs to the originator.
Obituaries are created by the deceased or relatives of the deceased
with the help of funeral homes and are published with the intent of
informing the public of its content.
NEKG (NorthEast Kingdom Genealogy)
of Vermont does own this particular collection, transcription and the
presentation of these materials.
You will need to log in as either Member
or as Guest
in order to view obituaries.
Go back to the Obituaries Index page
to get the guest login information.
- February 6, 1946 – October 16, 2010. It is with heavy hearts that we announce Janice’s passing on October 16, 2010. The beloved wife of John and loving mother of Christine (Philippe Leduc), Michael (Elizabeth Young), and Lee (Sharon French). The loving and cherished Grammy of Angela, Sabrina, and Lea Leduc, Ethan and Tylor Brazel, Samantha and Shawn Brazel. Dear sister of Wayne Alden (Delma) and Vivian Bell (Ronald). Janice was the daughter of the late Gerald Alden and Ruby Parker. A private graveside service for the family will be held on Friday, October 22, 2010 at the Eaton Cemetery, in Eaton Corner, Rev James Potter officiating.
- Passed away peacefully at the Wales Home, Richmond QC, on Saturday June 19th, 2010 at the age of 94. Husband of the late Vesta Fletcher, and dear father of the late Noreen (James Stevens), Bryan (Roberta), Gloria (Malcolm Wheeler), Myrna (Russell Worgan), Sharon (Kerry Coffey), Bruce, Wayne (Suzanne), and Craig (Martha). Doug also leaves to mourn his 13 grandchildren, his 16 great grandchildren, his brother Bill, sisters Alice (Joe), and Vivian, along with many other nieces, nephews and dear friends. At Doug’s request, a private funeral service will be held at a later date. Donations to the Wales Home Foundation, 506 Rte 243N, Richmond QC, J0B 2H0, would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Garry Erling Anderson; brother, uncle, friend, touched our lives in ways we never expected. To most he was 56 years old, but to those who loved him deeply and shared the knowledge of his miracle, he was but a babe approaching three years of age. It was then that Garry became a recipient of a mechanical heart. Along with the daily challenges he faced, he embraced the gift of life and cherished every moment of blessing. Garry has gone to meet his lord where he no longer has pain and suffering. In part we could not wish him back, but in part our hearts ache for him to be with us. He was a devoted brother who dedicated more than 30 years of his life to his dearly loved sister, Kathleen and brother, Bill. As well siblings, sisters; Sonja Hildrew (Jim), Lyn Warnholtz (Dave) and brothers; David (Suzanne) and Viktor will miss him very much. Garry could not have been a prouder uncle of his nephews, Josh, Lukas, Alix, James, Vincent and Jim as well as his precious nieces, Kristen and Susan. Heartfelt thanks to Dee Cencic, Dr. Renzo Cecere, Dr. Nadia Giannetti, and the team at the Heart Transplant/Failure unit at the Royal Victoria Hospital as well as the healthcare workers of the CLSC Haute-Yamaska. A service celebrating Garry's Life will be held, Tuesday, June 8, 2010 at 2 pm at Huntingville Community Church.
- Passed away peacefully at his home in Danville QC, on Wednesday April 21st 2010 at the age of 89. Dear son of the late Carl L. Anthony and the late Violet E. Irwin, and husband of the late Kathleen E. Johnston. Gerald leaves to mourn, his loving daughter Heather Anthony along with his relatives and dear friends. Resting at the Funeral Home, where friends may visit on Friday April 23rd from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 PM and on Saturday from 10 to 11:00. A funeral service will be held at the funeral home, on Saturday April 24th at 11:00 AM with Rev. Andrew O'Donnell and Lynn Osborne officiating. Interment in the Danville Protestant Cemetery.
- Passed away peacefully at the Honoré-Mercier Hospital in St-Hyacinthe on Saturday April 17th, 2010 in her 89th year. Wife of the late Edward Bryne and mother of Linda (Louis Loubier) and James (Claire Gaumond). Dear grandmother of Sabrina and Christina Loubier and great grandmother of Christopher Touchette. Edna also leaves to mourn her sister Dorothy Arnold of St. Catherines, Ontario, and her sister-in-law Mary (the late Arthur Arnold) along with her nephews, relatives and dear friends. A private graveside service will be held at the Danville Protestant Cemetery at a later date. Donations to the Wales Home Foundation, 506 Rte 243N, Richmond, QC J0B 2H0 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away suddenly at the CHUS Fleurimont on Thursday, January 14, 2010, at the age of 85 years. Beloved husband of the late Rona Cunnington and precious father of: Valarie (Willard), Gail (Danny), the late Brenda, Wilfred (Kimberly), Roxy, the late Randy, and the late Peggy. Loving grandfather of : Holly (Jason), Danny (Pamela), Virginia (Justin), Chad (Jenna) and Todd; and dear great-grandfather of :Brittany, Christopher, Kelsey, Samantha, Mollie and Kayleigh. Guy will also be sadly missed by his family friend Terry along with nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. Resting at the Advent Church in Stanstead (Beebe) Qc. on Tuesday, January 19, 2010 where family and friends may visit from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. followed by the service .
- Passed away at the CHUS-Fleurimont Hospital on February 17,2010 in her 87th year. Winifred was the wife of the late Victor Beausoleil. She was the daughter of the late Cecil Rhoades and the late Winifred Sargent. She was the sister of the late Derek Rhoades and the late Katherine Dollin. Winnie will be missed by her nephews Howard (Caroline), Ivan (Odette) Rhoades, David (Nicole) Dollin their families and friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 295, rue Principale Sud, Richmond, QC (819)826-2502 where friends may visit on February 20, 2010 from 1:00 to 3:00 pm followed by the funeral service in the funeral home at 3:00 pm with Rev O'Donnell officiating. Interment in the St- Bibiane Cemetery.
- Passed away peacefully at the C.S.S.S. Memphremagog on Friday, February 5, 2010, in his 89th year. Beloved husband of the late Lylie Reed and loving father of Brenda (Reg) of Way’s Mills and Malcolm (Brenda) of Hatley. Fred will also be sadly missed by his six grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren along with his sister Margaret (Kenneth) and friends. Honoring his wishes there will be no visitation and a graveside service will be held in the Ayer’s Cliff cemetery in the spring. As a tribute to his memory, donations made to the Ayer’s Cliff Cemetery, Box 12, Ayer’s Cliff Qc, JOB 1C0 would be greatly appreciated by the family. Arrangements entrusted to the Cass Funeral Home. 900 Clough, Ayer’s Cliff, Qc. 819-876-5213/
- Blanchette, Eric Passed away at the CHUS Fleurimont on Monday January 11, 2010 at the age of 82 years. Eric Joseph Blanchette beloved husband of the late Marguerite Coates. Eric is survived by his sister Kay Olson (late Glen) and his nieces Wendy Olson and Nancy Olson Barkhouse (Frank) and great nephews Rocky Coates (Stephanie Wilson) and Gunnar Barkhouse and also his special friend Richard Coates (Adelaide Kezar). Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 554 Main St. Bury, QC (819)564-1750 where friends may call on Saturday January 16, 2010 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 pm and on Sunday January 17, 2010 at the St.Paul's Anglican Church Bury from 12:30 to 1:30 pm followed by the the funeral service at 1:30 pm. Rev Dr. Patricia Peacock officiating. Spring interment in the Bury Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Eric's memory for a special project to the Pope Memorial School 523 Stokes, Bury , QC J0B 1J0 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away accidentally in Ogden, on Wednesday, July 7, 2010, at the age of 41 years. Beloved husband of Kimberley Archer and precious son of Réjean Beauregard and Gisèle D’Amour. Adoring father of Alyssia. Daniel will also be sadly missed by his sister Chantal, mother-in-law Nancy (Chris), father-in-law William (Marsha), aunts, uncles, cousins, other relatives and many friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 545 Dufferin, Stanstead 819-876-5213/ on Tuesday, July 13, 2010, where friends may visit from 2:00 to 4:00 and 7:00 to 9:00. Also on Wednesday July 14, 2010, from 1:00 p.m. until departure for Ste. Thérèse de l’enfant Jésus Church at 1:40 p.m.where the service will be held at 2:00 p.m. Memorial tributes may be made to the trust fund for his daughter, Alyssia Beauregard, c/o Josée Grenier, Caisse Populaire Desjardins de Stanstead, 12 Ch. Fairfax, Stanstead, QC J0B 3E0 and will be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away at the Pine Manor in Stanstead (Beebe) on Sunday, July 4, 2010, at the age of 84 years. Dear father of Lee (Terri), Lisa (Dale), Laurie (Rick), Lindy (Mark), Lucie (William), and Lois (Mark). Lucien will also be sadly missed by his 15 grandchildren, 2 great-grandchildren as well as other relatives and friends. Respecting his wishes, there will be no visitation and a private graveside will be held in the Woodside cemetery. As a tribute to his memory, donations made to the Pine Manor, 3 Pine st., Stanstead, Qc. JOB 3E5 would be greatly appreciated by the family. Arrangements entrusted to the Cass Funeral Home, 545 Dufferin, Stanstead, Qc. 819-876-5213/
- Passed away peacefully at Pine Manor in Stanstead on Monday, June 7, 2010, at the age of 96 years. Beloved wife of the late Elzear and dear mother of: Jarrod (Vivian), the late Jeannette, Julien (Sylvia), the late Juliette (Bill), and Jerry (Janet). Gladys will also be sadly missed by her 9 grandchildren, 10 great-grandchildren, brothers Merrick and Jim (Sue), as well as many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. There will be visitation in the presence of her ashes at the Cass Funeral Home, 545 Dufferin, Stanstead 819-876*5213/ on Saturday, June 12, 2010, where friends may visit from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. followed by the service in the chapel with Reverend Doreen Moffat officiating. Interment will take place in Crystal lake Cemetery. As a tribute to her memory, donations made to Pine Manor, 3 Pine St., Stanstead, Qc, JOB 3E0 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away in Richmond, on Friday May 28th, 2010, Josie Fowler at the age of 65. Loving wife of the late Donald Fowler, and dear mother of Patricia (Guy), Donald Jr., Lisa and Dale (Caroline). Josie also leaves to mourn her 8 grandchildren, 1 great grandson, her brother Harry (Micheline) and sister Elizabeth, along with her brothers-in-law, nieces, nephews and dear friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home where friends may visit on Tuesday June 1st from 7 to 9 PM. A graveside service will be held at the Melbourne Ridge Cemetery on Wednesday June 2nd at 11:00 AM with the Rev. Valerie Vande Wiele officiating. Donations to the Children Wish Foundation would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Lois passed away peacefully at home on May 20th, 2010 in her 56th year. Beloved wife of John. Loving mother of Julian. Sister of Ruth (Ben), Janet (Doug), Eric (Barbara), David (Sandra), Mary (Mark) and Sharon. Dear sister-in-law of Brian (Audrey), Sadie (Don), Helena (Michel), Nancy (Reggie), Paul (Laura) and Theresa (Pierre). Much loved aunt, friend and valued member of the Richmond Hill Women’s Institute. Lois was a woman of strong convictions, opinions and an immense capacity for love. Many thanks to the team of Dr. David Fortin at the CHUS, and to the homecare workers of the CLSC, Richmond. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principale S., Richmond, where friends may visit on Sunday May 23rd from 7 to 9 PM, and on Monday from 1 to 1:50 PM. A funeral service will be held in St-Anne’s Anglican Church, Richmond, on Monday May 24th at 2:00 PM with the Rev. Andrew O’Donnell officiating.
- Passed away suddenly at the C.S.S.S. Memphremagog on Wednesday, May 19, 2010, at the age of 49 years. Precious wif of Danny Choquette . Loving daughter of Thérèse Seguin and the late Gordon Bronson Sr.. Cherished mother of : Patrick , Daniel Jr. Scooter (Brigitte), and Eric (Sara); Dear sister of: Robert, Janet (Kevin) and Gordon Jr. (Tammy); Louise will also be sadly missed by her aunts Leona and Jeannette, mother-in-law Beulah (the late Roger), brothers-in-law: Mike, Paul, Jerry, Carole (Jack), Guy and Roger; as well as many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. There will be visitation in the presence of her ashes at the Cass Funeral Home, 545 Dufferin, Stanstead 819-876-5213 on Monday, May 24, 2010 where friends may visit from 2:00 to 4:00 and 7:00 to 9:00 pm. The funeral service will be held in Ste-Thérèse-de-l'Enfant-Jésus, Beebe, Qc. On Tuesday, May 25. at 2:00 p.m., followed by interment in Mont Ste. Marie cemetery. As a tribute to her memory, donations made to the Heart and Stroke Foundation, 2630 King West, Bureau 100, Sherbrooke, Qc. J1J 2H1 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away suddenly at the White House in Stanstead on Sunday, May 9, 2010, at the age of 83 years. Beloved wife of the late Albert and loving mother of: Lise, Paul (Kathy), Michel, Pauline (Luc), Monique, Pierre (Sherry Slack) and the late Maurice; Jeannette will also be sadly missed by her fifteen grandchildren, sixteen great-grandchildren, as well as her sister Georgette and Alice, nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. She was predeceased by her sister Diana. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 545 Dufferin, Stanstead 819-876-5213/ on Thursday, May 13, 2010, where friends may visit from 2:00 to 4:00 and 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.. Also on Friday, from 1:00 until departure for Notre Dame de la Mercya where the service will be held at 2:00 p.m., followed by interment in Mont Ste. Marie. As a tribute to her memory, donations made to the Alzheimer’s Society, 375 Argyll, Edifice Norton, Local 0725, Sherbrooke, Qc. J1J 3H5 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully at the Hôtel-Dieu Hospital in Sherbrooke, QC on Wednesday , April 21, 2010 in his 82nd year. Only son of the late Sidney Baldwin and the late Ida Fisher. Beloved husband of Roberta Dustin Wark Baldwin and dear stepfather of James Wark (Wendy), Dawn Wark (Bill Grey), the late Peter Dustin Wark and Jill Wark and grampa to six grandchildren and three great grandchildren. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville) (819)564-1750 where friends may call on Wednesday, April 28, 2010 from 1 to 2 pm followed by the funeral service at 2 pm. Rev James Potter officiating. A private family burial will be held after the service. As memorial tributes, donations to the Heart And Stroke Foundation of Quebec, 2630 King West, Bureau 100, Sherbrooke, QC J1J 2H1 would be gratefully appreciated by the family.
- My brother; passed away at the Hotel Dieu Hospital, suddenly having had a heart attack April 13, 2010. Predeceased by his brother Haines, Clayton will be greatly missed by his sister Clair Bernard (Fisk), and his many relatives of the Bernard and Parkinson families and many others. Absent from the body present with the Lord. Visitation will be held at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville) 819-564-1750 where family and friends may visit on Friday, April 16, 2010 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 8 pm . The funeral will be held on Saturday, April 17, 2010 at 2 pm in the Waterville United Church, 460 rue Princiaple S. Waterville, QC with Rev Mead Baldwin officiating. The family will be at the church at 1:30 pm to receive condolences from family and friends. Interment in the Greenwood Cemetery. As memorial tributes, donations to the Waterville United Church, 460 rue Principale S. Waterville, QC J0B 3H0 or the Greenwood Cemtery, C/O James Knutson, 100 Gale Rd. Waterville, QC J0B 3H0 or the charity of your choice would be gratefully appreciated by the family.
- Peacefully at the St. Paul's Rest Home, Bury, Qc on Wednesday, April 7th 2010 at the age of 87 years. Elmore Barter beloved husband of the late Ellen Jespersen, cherished father of Barb (Murray Ward), Lloyd' Buzz' (Karen Holder) and Steve (Sue Kirby); loving grampa to Paula Ward (Troy Bean), Sandy Ward, Andrew Ward (Angela Nutbrown), Jared, Tristan (Trisha) and Tara Barter, Joshawa (LeeAnn) and Jesse-Sue Barter (Adam); special great-grampa to Chad and Cody Bean, and Arielle Ward and pre-deceased by his great-grandaughter Arianna Ward. The family will receive condolences from family and friends at the Cass Funeral Home , 554 Main St. Bury, Qc (819)564-1750 on Monday, April 12, 2010 from 2 to 4 pm. A private interment will be held in the Bury Protestant Cemetery. As memorial tributes, donations to the St. Paul's Rest Home, 592 Main St. Bury, Qc J0B 1J0 would be greatly appreciated by the family. The family would like to thank the staff at the St. Paul's Rest Home and Dr. Robert Parent for the wonderful care given to their dad.
- It is with great sadness, with his family and friends at his side, the passing of Lloyd Eric Betts on December 14th 2010 at the age of 76 at the CHUS Hôtel-Dieu. He leaves to mourn his loving wife of 52 years Madelyn Bergeron Betts, his daughter Sandra ( Rene Côté ) and his son David. He also leaves to mourn his two special granddaughters Emily ( Jean-Pierre Roy ) and Anabel ( Pascal Guillette ) and his beloved great grandchildren Charlotte, Simon, Frédéric and Alice. Also his twin sister Laura ( Léo Fleury ) and his late brothers Victor ( Gwen ), Meryl, Roy ( Grace ) and Lawrence, his brothers in-law and sisters-in-laws Marcel Bergeron ( Élaine ), François Bergeron ( Carmen ), Patricia Bergeron ( Ross ), George Bergeron ( Wendy ) and Marc Bergeron ( Sylvie ) and his close friends Keith, Rick and George. Lloyd also leaves to mourn his nieces, nephews and friends. Resting at the Bishopton United Church, Main St. Bishopton where friends may call on Friday, December 17, 2010 from 7 to 9 pm and on Saturday, December 18th 2010 from 12 to 2 pm followed by the funeral service at 2 pm . Rev. Wendy Evans officiating. Interment in the Lakeside Cemetery, Bishopton. The family wishes to thank the staff of CHUS Hôtel-Dieu " Palliative Care ", especially Gaétan, François and Adrienne. Memorial tributes in Lloyd's memory may be made to the Hôtel-Dieu " Palliative Care ", 580, Bowen South, Sherbrooke, QC J1G 2E8 or the Bishopton United Church c/o Marie James, 101 Main St. Bishopton, QC J0B 1G0 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully at the Foyer Weedon on Tuesday, November 30, 2010 at the age of 83. Roy O. Betts, loving husband of Grayce Betts and dad to Angela ( Denis St-Onge ) and Lyndon ( Lyne Nadeau ). He will be sadly missed by his sister Laura ( Leo Fleury ) and brother Lloyd ( Madelyn Bergeron ). Roy was the cherished grandfather of Jonathan and Jessica St-Onge, Shawn and Erika Betts, Valerie Nadeau ( Patrick Laflotte) and baby twins Stanley and Peyton. He was predeceased by his brothers Meryl, Victor and Lawrence and leaves to mourn many nieces, nephews and friends. Resting at the Bishopton United Church, Main St. Bishopton on Monday, December 6, 2010 from 7 to 9 pm and on Tuesday, December 7th from 1 to 2 pm followed by the funeral service at 2pm. Rev. Wendy Evans officiating. Interment in the Bishopton Anglican Cemetery. Memorial donations mays be made to the Bishopton Anglican Cemetery, c/o Jane Bishop, 1 Pond St. Marbleton, QC J0B 2L0 would be appreciated by the family.
- Following a brief yet courageous battle with cancer, Barbara Ann (Bewick) Leonard surrounded by her loving family and friends, passed away on Monday October 18, 2010 at the age of 72 years. Barbara was the wife of the late Dale Leonard, the daughter of Sara and the late Thomas Bewick and the sister of the late Isabelle (late Ronald Chapman). She was the proud and loving mother of Carolyn (Rick Gilchrist), Andrew (Julie Daigneault), Patricia (Glen Morse) and Danny (Nancy Smith), cherished grammie of Jonathan (April Gauthier - Crook) and Rebecca Gilchrist, Riley Morse, Vanessa and Michael Leonard and precious great-grammie to baby Madison Gilchrist. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville) where friends may visit on Sunday October 24, 2010 from 2 to 4 pm and 7 to 9 pm and on Monday October 25, 2010 from 1 to 1:45 pm. The funeral service will be held at the United Church (Lennoxville) on Monday October 25, 2010 at 2pm. Interment will follow at the Malvern Cemetery. Donations to the Fondation Québecoise du Cancer , 3001, 12e Avenue Nord, Fleurimont Quebec J1H 5N4 or the charity of your choice would be appreciated.
- Died peacefully at the Wales Home on September 15, 2010 at the age of 93. Beloved wife of the late Wayne Coates and late Cecil Skinner. Loving mother of the late Joan ( Lloyd ) and late Betty-Lou. Survived by her daughter Brenda Coates Dezan ( Richard ) and son Terry Coates. Cherished aunt of Brian Young ( Shirley) of Calgary. Loving Nanny to 7 grandchildren and 5 great grandchildren. " Friends are like a sheltering tree: Mom was blessed with many friends of all ages. To Mom a friend was to be treasured, and cherished, and appreciated, and was so thankful that life sent her many dear and wonderful people that brought happiness and joy to her long life. " Resting at the Cass Funeral Home Lennoxville where friends may call on Monday, September 20, 2010 from 7 to 9 pm and on Tuesday, September 21st from 1 to 2 pm followed by the funeral service at 2 pm. Rev James Potter officiating. Interment will be at a later date. Memorial donations to The Wales Home Foundation, 506 Rte 243 N. Richmond, QC J0B 2H0 or The Children's Wish Foundation of Canada, Quebec West Chapter / Division Québec Ouest, 4200, boul St.Laurent, Suite 418, Montreal, QC H2W 2R2 will be gratefully acknowledged by the family.
- June 28, 1941 - September 15, 2010 Ron met his death with courage, composure and strength at the CHUS Fleurimont, Sherbrooke. He was the son of the late Leta and Cassius Belden, and brother of the late Cash; loving husband and soul-mate of Ann Olney Belden; dear father of Kari Sparkes and Andy Sparkes (Shannon); much-loved Bix/Grampa of Nicholas, Alexandra, Jake, J.T., Matthew, Josey and Stephen; dear brother-in-law of Sandra Olney (Andrejs Skaburskis). Friends will be received at the Lennoxville United Church on Friday, September 17 from 2 - 4 PM and 7 - 9 PM. Rev. James Potter will conduct a service at the Lennoxville United Church at 11:00 AM on Saturday, September 18, followed by the interment at the Danville Protestant Cemetery. You may honour Ron’s memory through a contribution to the Haematology Department at the Fondation du CHUS, 580 Rue Bowen Sud, Sherbrooke, QC, J1G 2E8. (www.fondationchus.org)
- April 23, 1915 - August 27, 2010 Marjorie died on August 27, in her ninety-sixth year, at the CHUS Fleurimont, in Sherbrooke. Daughter of Herbert and Cordelia (Keynes) Scowen of Bishopton, she had three brothers, Philip, Roland and Edmund, now deceased, and was happily married for 45 years to Gordon Baker, whom she met in 1941while they were both serving in the Royal Canadian Air Force. Before the war Marjorie lived and worked in Asbestos for the Johns Manville Company and afterwards the couple lived for many years in East Angus where Gordon was employed by Domtar. During this time they also had a cottage in North Hatley, of which they were very fond. After Gordon’s retirement Marjorie and Gordon moved to Sherbrooke and, for the past 7 years, Marjorie has been living at the Wales Home in Richmond where she was loved and well cared for. Marjorie was blessed with her strong Christian faith combined with a fine sense of humour, a deep concern for others, a sharp wit, keen powers of observation, intelligence, determination and courage. It was always a pleasure to spend time in her company. She liked automobiles and was an excellent driver, using skills she had perfected in England with the RCAF. She was justly proud of her service in Canada's Armed Forces during the War and she was very devoted to the activities of the Order of the Eastern Star where she was Past Grand Matron of the Grand Chapter of Quebec. Marjorie is leaving many people who will mourn her passing including five nephews and nieces, Dennis, Lee, Noreen, Philip and Reed, many grand-nieces and grand-nephews, her friends in the Order of the Eastern Star, and Janice Hayes who has been her constant companion, friend and helper. A funeral service will be held at the Church of the Advent, 473 Bowen Ave South, Sherbrooke at 2PM on Friday September 3. It will be preceded at 1:40PM by an Eastern Star Service to which all are welcome. There will be a reception at the Church after the funeral service. In lieu of flowers donations to the Wales Home would be deeply appreciated.