Searching this page will only find
what you can see on the page.
To search inside all obituaries,
first they must all be visiable.
This can be easily done by
clicking on the small gray square
just below the ABC in the upper
right corner of the page.
NEKG of Vermont does not own copyright to the information on this page.
Each obituary on this page belongs to the originator.
Obituaries are created by the deceased or relatives of the deceased
with the help of funeral homes and are published with the intent of
informing the public of its content.
NEKG (NorthEast Kingdom Genealogy)
of Vermont does own this particular collection, transcription and the
presentation of these materials.
You will need to log in as either Member
or as Guest
in order to view obituaries.
Go back to the Obituaries Index page
to get the guest login information.
- Passed away peacefully on June 30th, 2008, after a period of declining health, at the Wales Home, Richmond, QC at the age of 92. Beloved husband for over 60 years of Joyce MacIntosh, and also survived by his brothers Russell (late Margaret Atyeo) of Kingston, Ontario, Chester (Joanne Webb) of the Wales Home, Richmond, and by his 5 nieces and 5 nephews. Alfred was for a long time, employed in the accounting department at the Canadian Johns-Manville Co. in Asbestos, while living in Danville. Resting at the Dupuis Funeral Home, 148 Daniel-Johnson St., Danville, (819) 564-1750 www.casshomes.ca , where friends may visit on Wednesday July 2nd from 2 to 4 PM, and on Thursday from 1 to 2PM. A funeral service will be held in the funeral home on Thursday July 3rd at 2 PM, followed by the interment in the Danville Protestant cemetery. Donations in his memory, made to the Wales Home Foundation, 506 Rte 243N, Richmond, QC, J0B 2H0, would be appreciated.
- Suddenly at the Hotel Dieu Hospital on Monday June 30, 2008 in his 84th year. Tadeusz Panczyszyn beloved husband of Erika Kurth and dear father of Mary-Ruth Panczyszyn and Michael (Tecla Ginocchi) and cherished grandfather of Jamie, Bianca and Kurt. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville) , 819-564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca where friends may call on Thursday July 3, 2008 from 6 to 8 pm and on Friday July 4, 2008 from 12-1 pm followed by the funeral service at 1 pm. Rev James Potter officiating. Interment in the Malvern Cemetery.
- Passed away suddenly at her home on Thursday June 26th 2008, Audrey Husk at the age of 72. Loving companion of Gordon Alexander, and dear mother of Douglas (Claire Rodgers) and Donna (Larry Weare). Beloved grandmother of James, Michael, Jeffrey, Benjamin, and Christina, and great grandmother of Brianna, Nicole and Evan. Pre-deceased by her husband Gault Husk. Audrey also leaves to mourn, her sisters Margaret (Walter Stevens) and Marion Perkins, along with many nieces, nephews, relatives and friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principale S., Richmond (819) 826-2502 \ www.casshomes.ca , where friends may visit on Monday June 30th from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 PM. A celebration of Audrey's life will be held in the Richmond - Melbourne United Church on Tuesday July 1st at 2:00 PM, followed by the interment in Maple Grove Cemetery. Donations to the Wales Home Foundation, 506 Rte 243N, Richmond, QC J0B 2H0 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully at the C.S. S.S. Memphremagog on Saturday, May 3, 2008, at the age of 78. Beloved husband of Irene Knight and cherished father of Joanne (Louis Périnet), Paul and Mary-Anne. Dear grandfather of Daphnee and Philippe. He was predeceased by his daughter Michelle. Loving brother of Raymonde (the late Tancrède Lecours), Thérèse (the late Claude Godbout), Yolande (the late Conrad Haselton), Madeleine (the late Georges Brault), Denise (John Gaudreau). Vital (Lorraine) Henriette (George Daigneault), Gilles, Réjeanne (George Babkine), Jacques (Rachel), Andrée and Lise (Larry Meyette), the late Hélène ( René Gaudreau), the late Rev. Paul Marcel and the late Claude. Gerry will also be sadly missed by numerous nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. There will be visitation in the presence of the ashes at the Cass Funeral Home, 545 Dufferin, Stanstead 819-876-5213 www.casshomes.ca on Friday, May 9, 2008 where friends may visit from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.. A celebration of Gerry’s life will be held on Saturday, May 10 at 11:00 a.m. in the Expo Granite (Gems) reception hall at 14 West Notre-Dame Blvd., Stanstead, Qc. 819-876-5576 for family and friends. Interment will take place at a later date. In lieu of flowers, donations made to the L’Envolé de Magog, 50 St-Patrice Est., Magog, Qc. J1X 3X3 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away Peacefully on April 15, 2008 , at Hotel-Dieu Hospital, Sherbrooke at the age of 92 , Ethel Rosemary Powell beloved wife of the late Lawrence Henry Burnham, dear mother of Bob (Stella Cryan), Kitchener,ON, and the late Lawrence ¨Rink¨ (Thelma Hawse). Cherished grandmother of Larry (Daphne), Lennoxville, QC, Bruce (Brenda), Brampton, ON, Maris (Norah), Toronto, ON, Kevin (Laura), Lennoxville, Debra Demers, Waterloo, ON and Dan (Carol), Guelph, ON. Ethel also leaves to mourn 12 great-grandchildren and a great-great-grandson. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St., Sherbrooke, QC (Lennoxville), Tel: (819) 564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca, where friends may visit on Friday, April 18th 2008 from 10 to 11AM, followed by the funeral service at 11:00AM with Rev. James Potter officiating, Interment in Reedsville Cemetery, North Hatley. The family would like to extend a special thank you to Lorna Gordon and her staff for the loving care Ethel received.
- Passed away peacefully at the Magog Hospital on November 1st, 2008 in her 96th year. A long time resident of Stanstead, QC Irene was predeceased by her husband of 73 years Douglas Johnston, March 2008 and was the cherished mother of Hazel (late Kenneth) Markwell, Newport, VT; Robert, Kingston, ON; Sandy (Darlene), Stanstead, QC and Heather (James) Cooper, Calgary, AB. Much loved grandmother of Sheri (Randy) Plumb, Laurie, Lisa and David Johnston, all of Kingston, ON; Corey Johnston, Stanstead, QC; Stacey (Richard) Camber, Georgeville, QC and Emily (Louis) Veilleux, Stanstead, QC; Jackie (Warren) Blair and Michael (Wanda) Cooper all of Calgary, AB; as well as 14 great-grandchildren. Survived by her siblings John (late Kathryn) Patterson, Toronto, ON; Elsie (James) Moore, Sherbrooke, QC and Stanley Patterson, Ottawa, ON. Pre-deceased by her siblings Doris, Hutton, Marion, Harold (late Betty Fuller), Rodney, Sidney and Mabel (late Rudolph) Nelson. Also survived by sister-in-law Helen (late John) Johnston, North Hatley, QC and many nieces, nephews and friends. Resting at Cass Funeral Home 545 Dufferin, Stanstead 819-876-5213 http://www.casshomes.ca on Friday, November 7, 2008 where friends may visit from 7 – 9 pm. The funeral service will be held Saturday, November 8, 2008 in Centenary United Church at 2:00 p.m. with Rev. Catherine Smith officiating. Interment to follow in Woodside Cemetery. As a tribute to her memory, donations made to Woodside Cemetery, 7 Woodside, Stanstead, Qc. JOB 3E5 or the East Bolton Cemetery, 34 Dufresne Rd. Austin, Qc J0B 1B0 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- 1921 - 2008, It is with heavy hearts that we announce the peaceful passing, with family by his side, Mike Palmer, age eighty-seven, at the Grace Christian Home on October 31, 2008. Born and raised in Farnham, QC, pre-deceased by parents David and Alice, brothers David, Harry and Gerry Palmer. Most beloved husband of the late Alice Banks, much loved Dad to daughters Judy Nicoll and Betty Coles. Cherished Pappy to grand-daughters Samantha Coles, Kristina Nicoll and the late Jamie Coles. Lovingly remembered by sisters-in-law, nephews, nieces and family friends. Mike was a veteran of WWII, an avid sportsman who played many sports locally and provincially, and was a passionate fan of the Montreal Canadians and Expos, but first and foremost, of the LA Dodgers. Mike had a caring and loving way with animals, especially with all his puppies and ducks. Most importantly was his love and devotion to his family. To Peggy Grapes, who has been by our side all these years, loving and caring for our Mom and Dad, no words can express how we feel, you will always be part of our family. Sincere thanks to the staff of the Grace Christian Home, for their care and compassion. The family will receive condolences at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St., Sherbrooke (Lennoxville) QC, on Wednesday November 5th, 2008, from 7 to 9 PM. Interment will take place at the Kirkwood Cemetery, Farnham, QC, on Thursday November 6th at 2:00PM. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations in memory of Mike, may be made to the A.N.A.F., unit 318, P.O. Box 355, Station Lennoxville, Sherbrooke, QC J1M 1Z5, would be appreciated. "Those we love do not go away, they walk beside us every day" Forever in our hearts.
- Passed away peacefully at her home in Montreal on Friday, October 17, 2008, at the age of 89 years. Beloved wife of the late Rosario and cherished mother of: Robert (Gisele), Therese, Francine, Ronald (Ginette), Mario (Danielle). Charles (Louise), Denis, and Johanne. Predeceased by her daughter Huguette. Jeanne D’Arc will also be sadly missed by her numerous grandchildren, brothers and sisters, other relatives and many friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 545 Dufferin, Stanstead 819-876-5213 /www.casshomes.ca on Tuesday, October 21, 2008 where friends may visit from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., followed by the service in Ste. Therese de l’Enfant Jesus Church at 1:30 p.m.. Interment will take place in Mont. Ste. Marie cemetery. As memorial tributes, donations made to the Alzheimer Society , 375 Argyll, Edifice Norton, Local 0725, Sherbrooke, Qc. J1J 3H5 would be gratefully appreciated by the family.
- Darker Shirley nee Painter Passed away at the Hotel-Dieu Hospital on September 1, 2008 in her 96th year. Wife of the late Edwin Darker. Daughter of the late William Painter and Florence Patton of Island Brook , QC. She leaves to mourn her sister Verna Westgate; nephew and nieces Mailin (Mavis) Westgate, Patricia Westgate, Norma (John) Gill, Ilah (Bruce) Batley, and Linda (Leslie) MacLeod. Funeral arrangements entrusted to Cass Funeral Homes 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville) , 819-564-1750 / www.casshomes .ca . A graveside service will be held on September 5,2008 at 2 pm in the Island Brook United Cemetery, with Rev Sister Mary Florence Liew officiating. The family would like to thank the St Paul's Rest Home for the wonderful care given to Shirley. Please print with photo on Thursday September 4, 2008
- Passed away suddenly at the C.S.S.S. Memphremagog on Satuday, August 9, 2008, at the age of 71. Beloved wife of the late Clarence Seguin and daughter of the late Emilien Paquette and the late Anastasie Ducharme. Cherished mother of Marcel and Pauline. Loving grandmonther of Jeremy. She was predeceased by her son Richard. Lorraine will also be sadly missed by her brother Jacques, and sisters Marina (Doug), and Liette, along with her nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. There will be visitation at the Cass Funeral Home , 545 Dufferin, Stanstead 819-84-76-5213 /www.casshomes/ca on Wednesday, August 13, where friends may visit from 2:00 to 4:00 and 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. , also on Thursday from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. followed by the service in the funeral home. As a tribute to her memory, donations to the Canadian Cancer Society, 3330 King West. Bureau 130, Sherbrooke, Qc. J1L 1C9 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Suddenly at the Connaught Rest Home, North Hatley, QC on Friday, May 30, 2008 at the age of 77. Harold Kenneth Runions, beloved husband of the late Edna Arbery and dear father of Sandi, Stephen (Sheila), Ken (Kathy), and Sharron (Randy Macaskill). Harold was the grandfather of Robbin, Jonathon, Emily, Douglas and Derek. He is survived by his 2 sisters Eileen LaForge and Joyce Alderson and was predeceased by his brother William and by his sisters Stella Martin, Mildred McNab and Marjorie McCurdy. Harold also leaves to mourn numerous nieces, nephews and friends. Family and friends are invited to a graveside service at the Elmwood Cemetery on Wed., June 4, 2008 at 2 p.m. Arrangements entrusted to the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St., Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), QC 819-564-1750 www.cass.homes.ca. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Connaught Home, 77 Main St, North Hatley, QC, J0B 2C0 would be greatly acknowledge by the Family.
- Nora Royal (nee Gallup), peacefully in her 90th year, on May 12, 2008. Predeceased by her husband, Allen Royal. Survived by 7 children: Jean, Sherwood, Shirley, Julia, Donalda, Margaret and Brian; 19 grandchildren; and 32 great grandchildren. Visitation will be held at the Dupuis Funeral Home, 148 Daniel-Johnson, Danville, QC on Thursday May 15 from 7:00 to 9:00pm. The funeral service will take place at the St. Augustine Anglican Church, Danville (QC), with the Rev. Andrew O'Donnell officiating, on Friday May 16 at 2:00. Interment to follow in the Danville Protestant Cemetery. Memorial Donations may be made to the Alzheimer Society of Peel, 150 East Drive, Brampton, ON L6T 1C1. Arrangements entrusted to Cass Funeral Homes 819-564-1750, www.casshomes.ca.
- Wife, mom, grandma, great-grandma, "Howard" - Jean Bertha Paige (nee Robinson) born on May 28, 1928 left behind a family legacy on Friday May 2nd. (2008 ?) She was much-loved and will be dearly missed by her husband of 62 years Ron; daughters Ruby, Barbara, Susan (Ron); grandchildren Kim (Steve), Kevin, Ryan, Darren (Kristin), Amanda; great-grandsons Ian, Miller, Carter; sister Doris; sisters-in-law Lois and Helen; brother-in-law Alton (Joan) and the whole rest of the gang. Services will be held at Dupuis Funeral Home, 148 Daniel Johnson, Danville Quebec, (819) 826-2502, on Friday, May 9th at 2:00 pm (viewing at 1:00 pm) with Rev. Andrew O'Donnell officiating. Burial at the Danville Protestant Cemetery following the service. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Heart and Stroke Foundation will be graciously accepted.
- Passed away peacefully on April 13, 2008, in his 87th year, Elgin Lorne Rolfe formerly of Danville, Quebec. Elgin was the loving husband for over 60 years to Bernice Isabella (Lamb), loving father of the late Ritchie (Rebecca) Rolfe of Prince Edward Island and Shelley (Alan) McSpadden. He was the treasured Grandfather to Justin and Shannon and Grandpa Elgin to Christopher, all of Hamilton Ontario. Elgin is survived by his sister Eleanor Gibson of Moncton, NB and sister- in- law Kristine (Cecil) Rolfe of Winnipeg MB. Elgin was predeceased by his two brothers Reginald and Cecil. Elgin was born in Marbleton, Quebec and was the eldest son of the late Aubrey Rolfe and the late Jeannette Gilbert. During WWII , he served with the Canadian Merchant Navy from 1939 to 1945 and then settled in Danville, and was a long time member of the Danville Curling Club and the Royal Canadian Legion. After retirement, he relocated to Ontario to enjoy the company of his grandchildren. Elgin possessed a strong and loving commitment to his family which was his greatest source of joy and accomplishment. As per Elgin’s wishes, there will be no funeral; however a memorial service will be held at the Danville Legion, 136 Grove St., Danville, QC, on Friday April 18, 2008 at 1 o’clock in the afternoon. The family welcomes all those who wish to attend. A light luncheon will follow. In lieu of flowers, it is the family’s wish to forward donations to the Canadian Lung Association.
- Peacefully at the CHUS Hotel-Dieu Hospital, Sherbrooke, QC, on Wednesday, February 13th 2008 in her 86th year. Marjorie Olga Reed, beloved wife of the late Ira Deadman and dear mother of Barry (Laura), Dale (Lisa), Murray (late Kathleen) and the late James (Lucie). Cherished grandmother of 14 grandchildren and 5 great-grandchildren. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke, (Lennoxville), QC; Tel: (819)564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca, where friends may visit on Saturday, February 16th 2008 from 1 to 2PM, followed by the funeral service at 2:00PM, with the Rev. Heather MacDougall officiating. Interment in the Sand Hill Cemetery. As memorial tributes, donations to the Sand Hill Cemetery Association c/o Mr. Gary Dunsmore #76, Rte#108 East, Cookshire, QC J0B-1M0, will be gratefully acknowledged by the family.
- December 2nd 1942 - January 30th 2008 Peacefully at La Maison Aube-Lumière after a brave battle with aggressive cancer. Wayne leaves to mourn a family whom he dearly loved, his wife Marjorie, his mother Bertha McKay (the late William), his son Grant (Jill), his daughter Wendy (Greg), his son Adam, his grandsons Eli, Landon and Shay, his late brother Gregory (Marleen), his brother Barry (Charlene), his aunts Mildred and Phyllis. He also leaves to mourn his nieces, nephews, cousins, brothers and sisters-in-law, aunts and uncles by marriage and many friends, all of whom he truly loved. Wayne sadly lost his first wife, Eleanor, mother of Rhonda, Grant and Wendy to cancer in 1978. There will be visitation at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St, Sherbrooke, (Lennoxville), QC; Tel: (819) 564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca, on Monday. February 4th 2008 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 PM. A memorial service to be held at the Lennoxville United Church, Queen St, on Tuesday, February 5th at 11AM, with the Rev. James Potter officiating. Interment in Riverside Cemetery, Kinnear's Mills, QC. Donations to La Maison Aube-Lumière (Palliative Care), 220 Kennedy St. North, Sherbrooke, QC J1E 2E7 or to the HSSC-IUGS Foundation, 375 Argyll St. Sherbrooke, QC J1J 3H5, would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully at the Wales Home in Richmond, on Wednesday October 22nd, 2008, Alice Fraser at the age of 92 years. Loving wife of the late Everett Fraser, and pre-deceased by her three sisters Gladys, Aileen and Muriel. Alice is survived by her nieces, nephews and many friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principale S., Richmond, QC 819-826-2502 / www.casshomes .ca where friends may visit on Friday October 24th from 7 to 9 PM and on Saturday from 10 to 11 AM. A funeral service will be held in the funeral home on Saturday October 25th at 11:00 AM with Mr Wayne Hutchison officiating. Interment will take place in the St-James Cemetery, Leeds. Donations to the Wales Home Foundation, 506 Rte 242 N., Richmond, QC J0B 2H0 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Peacefully at the CHUS Hotel Dieu on Tuesday June 17, 2008 in his 85th year, Warren George Ross beloved husband of Wilma Wallace and dear father of Kelvin "Kelly" (Linda) , Shelly (Benoit Belanger). Cherished grandfather of Debbie, Judy, Alex and Richard. He is also the great grandfather of Ashley, Gage Bisson, Nicholas and Arielle Douglas. Warren is survived by his sister Irma Mutchler and by many nieces , nephews and many friends. He was predeceased by his brother Alford. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home 3006 College St, Sherbrooke (Lennoxville) , 819-564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca where friends may call on Friday June 20, 2008 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 pm and at the St.Andrew's Presbyterian Church 256 Queen Sherbrooke (Lennoxville ) from 1 to 2 pm on Saturday June 21, 2008 followed by the funeral service at 2pm . Rev John Berry Forsyth officiating. Interment in the Elmwood Cemetery Sherbrooke. As memorial tributes, donations to the St. Andrews Presbyterian Church Memorial Fund 256 Queen St. Sherbrooke, QC J1M 1K6 or The Wales Home Memorial Fund 506 Route 243 N Richmond, Qc J0B 2H0 would be gratefully acknowledged by the family. A masonic service will be held on Friday June 20,2008 at 7pm.
- Passed away at the CHUS site Hotel Dieu on Thursday June 12 2008 after a courageous battle with cancer in his 52 nd year . Alan Thomas Royer , beloved son of the late James Royer and the late Margaret McHardy and was the cherished brother of Mary, George, Elaine and Jim. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home ,554 Main St., Bury where friends may call on Friday June 13,2008 from 2-4 and 7-9 pm and on Saturday from 1- 1:45 pm followed by the funeral service at the St Paul's Anglican Church at 2 pm . Interment in the Bury cemetery . As memorial tributes, the family requests that donations be made to the Hotel Dieu Palliative Care Unit 580, rue Bowen Sud Sherbrooke , QC J1G 2E8 in appreciation of their compassinate care towards their brother. ,
- Passed away peacefully at the C.S.S.S. Memphremagog on Friday, June 6, 2008, at the age of 59. Beloved wife of Leonard Boisvert and cherished mother of Sylvain (Carole), and Suzanne (Daniel). Dear grandmother of 12 grandchildren and 2 great-grandchildren. Loving sister of : Rene (Sonia), Jeanne D’Arc (Jean Paul), Richard (Judy), Michel (Micheline), Marthe (John), Florent (Lise), Jacqueline (Pierre) and Daniel (Gisele); Claudette will also be sadly missed by her brothers and sisters-in-law: Albertine ( Joseph), Julienne (Simon), Antoinette (the late Leonard), Rolande (the late Gaston), Yvette (Lucien), Florianne, Jeanine (Maurice); along with many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. There will be visitation at the Sacred Heart Church in the presence of the ashes on Tuesday, June10, 2008 beginning at 10:00 a.m., with the service at 11:00 a.m., followed by interment in Mont. Ste. Marie Cemetery. As a tribute to her memory donations made to the Canadian Cancer Society, 3330 King West, bureau 130, Sherbrooke, Qc. J1L 1C9 would be greatly appreciated by the family. Arrangements entrusted to Cass Funeral Home, 545 Dufferin, Stanstead, Qc. 819-876-5213 /www.casshonmes.ca
- Passed away peacefully at his home in Ayer's Cliff, surrounded by his loving family on Sunday, June 1, 2008, in his 68th year. Beloved husband of Elizabeth and cherished father of Scott (Cathy), and Jeffery (Patricia). Loved grampy of Morgane, Camylia, Carrie, Paisely, Justin, Abby and Emma. Dear brother of Lionel and the late Gary. Graydon will also be sadly missed by his nieces, nephews, other relatives and many friends. There will be visitation in the presence of the ashes at the Cass Funeral Home, 900 clough, Ayer's Cliff, Qc. 819-876-5213 /www.casshomes.ca where friends may visit from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 3, 2008 . A funeral service will be held in the chapel on Wednesday, June 4 at 2:00 p.m. with Reverend Barbara Wintle officiating, followed by interment in Massawippi Cemetery. As a tribute to his memory, donations made to the Quebec Lung Association, 855 Sainte-Catherine St. East, suite 222, Montreal, Qc. H2L 4N4 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully at the CHUS Fleurimont hospital in Sherbrooke QC, on Tuesday May 20th, 2008. Thelma Sturtevant, beloved wife of 60 years to Gerald Williams, and dear mother of Linda (Fred Frost) and the late Leslie. Cherished grandmother of Corie (Terry), Tony (Haley) and Scott (Lisette). Thelma also leaves to mourn her great grandchildren Hayden, Robbie, Taylor, Matthew and Sophie along with many friends. A graveside service will be held in the Union Cemetery, Iron Hill, QC, on Friday May 23rd 2008 at 2:00PM, with the Rev. Paul Tidman officiating. Arrangements entrusted to the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principale S., Richmond QC, 819-826-2502 \ www.casshomes.ca
- 1914-2008 On May 1, 2008, Bea left peacefully for her heavenly Home. Predeceased (in 1954) by her husband, Jimmy, Bea leaves behind her twin sister, Mildred Vowels (London, Ontario), son Doug (and Yvonne of Barrie, Ontario), daughters Barbara Houghton (Bowmanville, Ontario) and Beth Foggin (and Peter of St Lambert, QC), along with 7 grandchildren and 19 great-grandchildren. In celebration of her life, there will be a service at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St., Sherbrooke, (Lennoxville), 819-564-1750/ www.casshomes.ca, on Saturday May 3, at 2:00PM (open for visits at 1:30) with a tea reception following at Grace Christian Home. Please, no flowers. Any gifts "In Memory of Bea Stark" could be sent to MSC Canada #509, 3950 14th Avenue Markham, ON L3R 0A9, or to Grace Christian Home, 1501 Campbell, Sherbrooke, QC J1M 0C1. Some of her last clear words expressed thanks to Dr Dorion of the CHUS Fleurimont as well as the loving staff at GCH. With her, the family says, "God bless".
- Passed away at his home in Danville on Friday March 14th, 2008, surrounded by his loving family, following a battle with pulmonary fibrosis. Beloved husband of 53 years of Elizabeth Lane, and cherished father of Judy, Danville, QC, the late Baby Brenda, and of Sylvia (Laird Lyster) of St.Hubert, QC. Loving grandfather of Amanda and Andrew Lyster. Son of the late James Skuse and Emily Young, and brother of the late Violet (late Albert Farwell).William will be sadly missed by his brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law, several nieces, nephews and friends. Resting at the Dupuis Funeral Home, 145 Daniel Johnson St., Danville (819) 564-1750 \ www.casshomes.ca where friends may visit on Monday March 17th from 7 to 9 PM and on Tuesday from 1 to 2 PM. A funeral service will be held in the funeral home on Tuesday at 2:00 PM with the Rev. Andrew O’Donnell officiating. Interment in the Danville Protestant Cemetery. The family would like to thank Doctors Vincent and Martel, and the Asbestos CLSC, Palliative home healthcare team, for the excellent service they provided. Donations to the Asbestos CLSC or the Quebec Pulmonary association would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away at the C.S.S.S. Memphremagog on Tuesday, December 16, 2008, at the age of 95 years. Cherished husband of Vera Dustin and loving father of: Carol (Arnold) of Stanstead, and Gary (Kathy) of Calgary; dear grandfather of : Todd (Manon), Judy (John), Jared and Cade. Charles will also be sadly missed by his great-grandchildren: Emilie, Amanda, Aisha, and Mikaelle; along with his sister Dorothy, nieces, nephews, other relatives and many friends. There will be cremation and a graveside service will be held at a later dater. As a tribute to his memory, donations made to the C.A.B. Rediker Center, 112 Principale, Stanstead, Qc. JOB 3E5 would be gratefully acknowledged by the family.