Searching this page will only find
what you can see on the page.
To search inside all obituaries,
first they must all be visiable.
This can be easily done by
clicking on the small gray square
just below the ABC in the upper
right corner of the page.
NEKG of Vermont does not own copyright to the information on this page.
Each obituary on this page belongs to the originator.
Obituaries are created by the deceased or relatives of the deceased
with the help of funeral homes and are published with the intent of
informing the public of its content.
NEKG (NorthEast Kingdom Genealogy)
of Vermont does own this particular collection, transcription and the
presentation of these materials.
You will need to log in as either Member
or as Guest
in order to view obituaries.
Go back to the Obituaries Index page
to get the guest login information.
- Peacefully, following a brief illness, at the Hôtel-Dieu Hospital, Sherbrooke, QC, on Tuesday, March 4th 2008. Mary Evans at the age of 91. Beloved wife of the late Edmond Lefebvre, dear mother of Raymond (Olga Munoz), Deauville, QC, and cherished grandmother of Michel (Erika), Calgary, AB, Catheryne (Patrick), and Bruno, Sherbrooke,QC. Mary also leaves to mourn her sister Rita (late Antoine Dubuc), Asbestos,QC and her brother Ronald (Dorothy Healy), Danville, QC her brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law Calvin Tulk (late Mildred Evans),Kingston, ON, Nellie Coyle (late Harry Evans), Danville, QC, Marie-Anne Lefebvre (late Fernand Vanier) Drummondville,QC and Thérèse Lefebvre (late Réal Bélanger), Kingsey Falls, QC, many nieces, nephews, cousins other relatives and friends.Resting at the Centre Funéraire Dupuis, 550 1st Ave. Asbestos, QC, Tel: (819) 879-2424 / casshomes.ca, where friends may visit on Sunday, March 9th 2008 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9PM and on Monday, March 10th from 10 to 10:45AM, followed by the funeral mass in St-Isaac Jogues Catholic Church, Asbestos at 11:00AM. Interment in the Asbestos Catholic Cemetery. The family wishes to give a special thanks to the staff of the CHUS Hotel-Dieu Hospital (palliative care unit) for the wonderful care they provided.
- Passed away peacefully at the Connaught Rest Home in North Hatley, QC, on Friday October 10th, 2008, at the age of 93. Theresa (Pat) Freeman, beloved wife of the late Edwin Harmer, and dear mother of Patricia Mallette, Kenneth (Patricia), and of David (Patricia). Cherished grandmother of Mark (Faith), Peter, Steven (Eliza), Cindy, Deborah, Suzanne, Caroline, Kevin and Jeffrey. Pat will also be sadly missed by her 13 great-grandchildren, along with other relatives and friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 900 Clough, Ayer's Cliff, (819) 564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca , on Tuesday October 14th, 2008, from 1:00 to 2:00 PM, followed by the funeral service in the funeral home, with Mr. Ed Downs officiating, at 2:00 PM. Interment will take place in the Ayer's Cliff Cemetery. Donations to the Dr. J.W. Klinck Foundation, c/o The Massawippi Christian Retirement Homes, 1501 Campbell St., Sherbrooke, QC J1M 0C1 would be greatly appreciated by the family. The family would like to thank the staff of the Connaught Home for the kind and professional care they provided.
- Peacefully at the CHUS -Hotel-Dieu, Sherbrooke, QC. on Wednesday, August 6th 2008 at the age of 95. Eunice Fournier Donnachie, beloved wife of the late David McKay Donnachie and dear mother of Blair (Linda) and Sandy (Jackie). Cherished grandmother of Michael (Kim), James, Sean (Angie) and Amy (Jay Thakore) and great-grandmother of Jesse. A private graveside service will be held at the Malvern Cemetery Rev James Potter officiating. As memorial tributes, donations to the Waterville United Church, c/o Lorna Lundeborg, 360 ch de la Station, Compton, QC J0B 1L0, or to the Malvern Cemetery Association, c/o William Lyon, 700 Brooks, Bury, QC. J0B 1J0, will be gratefully acknowledged by the family.
- Passed away peacefully after a very valiant fight at the Hotel Dieu Hospital in Sherbrooke, Qc. on July 18, 2008. Loving husband of Carmen Therrien and cherished father of: Eric of Knowlton, Qc., and Krista St. Pierre (Stephen) of Ogden, Qc. . Adoring grandfather of: Joshua, Madyson, Mackenzie, Ava, Danika and Jacob. Ron will also be very sadly missed by his sister Diane French, and by his nieces: Kim Watters (Jeff), and Karyn MacPherson (Don) of Windsor , Ont., Kelly Terprestra (Marcel) of Ottawa Ont., and Kerri Lee Jackson (Chris) of Manitouwadge, Ont., his 4 great-nieces, 5 great-nephews, and other relatives and many friends. Ron was born in Newport, Vermont on September 1, 1948 and received his education at Sunnyside School in Rock Island, Qc. He was an avid outdoors man who loved camping, hunting, fishing, biking, kayaking, car outings, and walking. He was a member of the Fullerton Hunting and Fishing Wildlife Association, which in his struggle, helped provide many memorable moments with friends. His smile and friendly nature will be missed by all. There will be visitation in the presence of the ashes in the Centenary United Church, Stanstead where friends may visit on Saturday, July 26, 2008 from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. followed by the funeral service with Reverend Catherine Smith officiating. Interment to follow in Crystal Lake Cemetery. Arrangements entrusted to the Cass Funeral Home, 545 Dufferin, Stanstead, Qc. 819-876-5213 /www.casshomes.ca “SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE, RON”. Donations may be made to C.H.U.S Foundation 580 , rue Bowen Sud Sherbrooke, QC. J1G 2E8 or to the Canadian Cancer Society Bureau 130 Sherbrooke, QC. J1L 1C9 would be gratefully acknowleged by the family.
- Passed away peacefully at the C.H.U.S. Fleurimont, on Tuesday, April 29, 2008, at the age of 78. Beloved wife of the late Richard Daigneault and daughter of the late Lennox Frappier and the late Josephine Walsh. Loving sister of the late Richard Frappier. June will be sadly missed by her brother Thomas (Debbie) as well as many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. There will be visitation in the presence of the ashes at the Cass Funeral Home, 900 Clough, Ayer’s Cliff 819-876-5213 /www.casshomes.ca on Monday, May 5, 2008 where friends may visit from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m., followed by the service in the funeral home with Reverend Barbara Wintle officiating. Interment to follow in the Ayer’s Cliff Cemetery. As memorial tributes, donations made to the Ayer’s cliff Cemetery Association, c/o Christine Smith, 824 Clough, Ayer’s Cliff, Qc. JOB 1C0 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully in his sleep on Friday, April 4th 2008 at the age of 30. Beloved only child of Denis Fournier and Sylvia Émond, cherished grandson of Béatha Barrière. Jean-Denis leaves to mourn his godparents Pauline Émond (Guy Chagnon) his aunts and uncles Alain Fournier (Carole Brousseau), Gaétan Fournier (Jacqueline Parenteau) and Diane Fournier (Yvan Poulin); also many cousins and friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke, QC (Lennoxville); Tel: (819) 564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca, where friends may visit on Saturday, April 12th 2008 from 8:30 to 11:30AM, followed by a memorial service at 11:30AM with Father Charles Eugene Hamel officiating. Interment of ashes in St-Antoine Cemetery to follow, Sherbrooke,QC (Lennoxville). As memorial tributes, donations to the Canadian Cancer Society, 3330 King St. West, Office #130, Sherbrooke, QC J1L 1C9, would greatly be appreciated by the family.
- Passed away suddenly at the C.S.S.S.M. on Saturday, March 8, 2008, at the age of 95. Beloved husband of the late Dorean St-Thomas and special friend of the late Helene Mc.Veay. Son of the late Clifford Farley and the late Pearl Blodgett. Cherished father of; Diane French, of Windsor Ontario and Ronald (Carmen) of Stanstead.; loving grandfather of; Kimberly Watters (Jeffrey), and Karen MacPherson (Donald) of Windsor Ontario, Kelly Terprestra (Marcel), Ottawa Ontario, Kerri-Lee Jackson (Christopher), Manitouwadge Ontario, Eric Farley, Knowlton, and Krista St-Pierre (Stephan) of Ogden; Earle will also be sadly missed by his great-grandchildren: Kaitlyn, Jacquelyn, Meghan, Natalie, Aidan, Adam, Noah, Max, Sam, Joshua, Madison, MacKenzie, Ava, Danika, and Jacob, along with his brother-in-law and sister-in-law Maxwell and Marg St-Thomas of Florida, his son-in-law Russell French of Oshawa Ontario, other relatives and many friends. He was predeceased by his brother-in-law and sister-in-law Earle and Ruby St- Thomas of Scarborough Ontario. Earle was a graduate of Bugbee Business School (Stanstead College), a retired employee of Butterfield Litton Industries, a past member of the Stanstead Legion Branch #5, and the 74th Battery, 27 Field Regiment, Royal Canadian Artillery. Swede was a well loved father and grandfather and an avid outdoorsman, sportsman, and a past football player for the Stanstead College, the Toronto Balmy Beach, and the Oshawa Blue Devils. A graveside service will take place in Malvern Cemetery in the spring. As memorial tributes, donations made to a charity of your choice would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully at the CHUS- Fleurimont on Tuesday, December 9, 2008 Pearl (Frame) Smeltzer at the age of 83 years. She is survived by her husband Arthur, her children Brenda (Jerry) and Brian (Melissa). Other immediate family are the late Lila (Chris), late Hazel(late Wesley), late Ethel (Douglas), late Mary (late Lloyd), Carl (Bea), Rhoda (Late Henry), late Florence (late Maurice) and Betty (Norman). She leaves to mourn many other friends and relatives. In respects of Pearl's wishes cremation and funeral arrangements entrusted to the Windsor Funeral Home, 819-845-5229 / www.casshomes.ca There will be no visitation. Interment will be in Windsor Cemetery at a later date. In her memory donations may be made to the charity of your choice. The family would like to thank the Hemodialysis Unit of Chus-Fleurimont for the loving care of Pearl over the past 8 years.
- Died peacefully a the age of 99 on Monday, November 3, 2008 at the Wales Home. Wife of the late J.W.C. Levy, sister to Bernadine , the late Irene, Rachel, Ernest , Ethel , Mabel and Ella May. Survivied by many nieces and nephews. Special thanks to the staff at the Wales Home, especially from Unites Central and Norton 111. She will be cremated and a grave side service will be held at the Rideau Gardens Cemetery in Dollard Des Ormeaux on November 15, 2008 at 11;30 A.M. In lieu of flowers donations can be made in her memory to The Wales Home Foundation, 506 Route 243N Cleveland, QC. J0B 2H0.
- Peacefully passed away in Montreal,QC at the age of ninety-six years on Wednesday, February 13, 2008. Beloved wife of the late Gerald Osgood. She will be dearly missed by her daughter, Brenda and son Stephen (Kathy), and her three grandchildren, Ryan, Kalea (Billy) and Tamarah, her brother Glanville (Red) Goff, and cousin Ken Phelan. Special thanks to the doctors, nurses and caregivers at the Wales Home in Richmond and Henri-Bradet Home in Montreal for the exceptional attention given to her. A service will be held on Monday, February 18th 2008 at 1PM, with the Rev. Barbara Willard officiating at the Cass Funeral Home, 50 Craig St., Cookshire, QC Tel: (819) 564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca, with visiting one hour prior to the service. Interment in the Cookshire Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Alzheimer Society of Montreal, 5165 Sherbrooke St. W., Montreal, QC H4A 1T6, would be greatly appreciated.
- Passed away peacefully on Sunday October 19th, 2008, Mr Kenneth 'Sonny' Gray at the age of 78. Loving husband of Rollande Meloche, and dear father of Jo-Anne (Steve Anderson), Jamie (Suzanne ), Ken (Rita), and Peter. Cherished grandfather of Kimberlee (Jay Hamelin), Sonny (Harue), Shanon, Sabrina (Mike Henderson), Natasha, and Kyle (Danielle). Sonny also leaves to mourn, his great-grandchildren Ryu and Carmello, his brothers and sisters; Doreen (Ron Taylor), Joyce (Earl Reid), Donna (Robie Betts), and Allan (Winnie) Gray. He was also the brother of the Late Albert Gray(Cheryl). He also leaves to mourn his sister's in-law, Carmen and Louisette Meloche, and Denise (Fernand Hombert), many nieces, nephews and friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principale S., Richmond (819-826-2502) / www.casshomes.ca, where friends may visit on Tuesday October 21st from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 PM, and on Wednesday from 10 to 11 AM. A funeral service will be held at the funeral home on Wednesday October 22nd at 11:00 AM, followed by the interment in St-Anne's Cemetery, Richmond.
- At the C.H.U.S. Site Fleurimont, following a brief illness, on Tuesday October 14, 2008 at the age of 58. Robert John George, beloved son of the late John George and the late Ruth Wilsey, and dear brother of Kathleen (Bob) Dalton, Gordon (Patty) and Walter (Annette) and was pre-deceased by his sister Margaret (Stanley Fearon). Bob is also survived by his nieces and newphews; Heidi (Tony Card), Tim and Jason Dalton, Roberta and John George and his great-nieces, Kaitlyn and Taylor Card. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville) Info; 819-564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca where friends may call on Saturday October 18, 2008 from 1 to 2 pm followed by the funeral service at 2 pm. Interement in the Elmwood Cemetery Sherbrooke. As memorial tributes donations made to the Terry Fox Foundation Suite 518, 1117 St. Catherine St. West Montreal, QC H3B 1H9 would be gratefully acknowledged by the family.
- O'Connor, Alice (nee Green) Peacefully at the CHUS Hotel-Dieu, Sherbrooke, QC on Saturday October 4, 2008 at the age of 93. Beloved wife of the late James O'Connor. Devoted mother of Brian (Cathy), Judy and Richard (Marlene). Predeceased by her son Terry (Thelma), daughters Joan (the late Chris) and Barbara. Cherished grandmother of Danny (Djilly), James (Julie) and Jason. Loving great-grandmother of Alicia and Timothy. She will be greatly missed by her sisters, brother-in-law and sisters-in-law, nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. The family will receive condolences half hour before the funeral service at the church. A funeral service will be held on Monday October 6, 2008 at 1:30 pm at St-Anthony's Church, 104 Queen St., (Lennoxville) Sherbrooke, QC, Father Charles-Eugene Hamel officiating. Interment to follow the funeral service at the St-Anthony Cemetery, St-Francis St., (Lennoxville).Donations to the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Quebec 2630, King St., suite 100, Sherbrooke, QC, J1J 2H1 or the Charity of your choice would be appreciated. Arrangement entrusted to Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St., Sherbrooke, QC, 819-564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca.
Garrett, Florence E. (Betty) (nee Retallack)
- Betty Garrett passed away, in her 92nd year, at the Connaught Home, North Hatley QC, Saturday September 13th, 2008. Mother of Gordon Garrett ( wife Diane).and the late Barbara (Garrett) Drebnicki; grandmother of David Garrett ( wife Jill ), Margo (Garrett) O'Brien( husband Dennis ) and Michael Garrett( wife Bev ), and great grandmother of Jack, Hatley, William, Murielle and Gordon. Betty also leaves her sisters, Jean, Margaret, Doris and brother Ken. A funeral service will be held at a later date. For more information, please contact the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St., Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), QC (819) 564-1750. In Lieu of flowers, donations to the Connaught Home, 77 Main St., North Hatley, QC J0B 2C0 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Peacefully at the Charles Lemoyne Hospital, Longueuil, Quebec on Tuesday May 6, 2008 in her 52nd year Patricia Anne Grey beloved wife of Pierre Goupil and dear mother of Ann-Marie, Jennifer, Tanya and Pete. Dear Sister of David (Marilyn) Kathleen, Jacklyne (Mick Luce) and Kimberly (Gordon Nobes). She is survived by her brother and sister-in-law Daniel (Cheryl Goupil) and Lysa Goupil. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home 3006 College St,, Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), QC. 819-564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca where friends may call on Friday May 9 2008 from 1PM to 3:30 PM followed by the funeral at 3:30PM, Rev. Micheal Canning officiating. Interment in the Grace United Cemetery, Brookbury, QC. As memorial tributes donations to the M.S. Socitety, 666 rue Sherbrooke Ouest, bureau 1500, Montreal, QC, H3A 1W7 will be gratefully acknowledged by the family.
- Peacefully at the Maison Blanche, North Hatley, QC, on Sunday May 4th, 2008 in her 80th year. Margaret Hawse, beloved daughter of the late Harold Hawse and the late Laura Bennetta. Wife of the late Milton Eryou. Margaret was predeceased by her sister Dulsie (Late Norman Burnell) and is survived by her sister Thelma (late Lawrence Burnham), many nieces, nephews, step children and grandchildren. Arrangements entrusted to the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St., Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), QC, 819-564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca. A graveside service will be held at the Reedsville Cemetery, North Hatley, on May 17th, at 1:30 P.M., Pastor Jamie Cahill officiating,. As memorial tributes, donations to the charity of your choice will be gratefully acknowledge by the family.
- Suddenly at her home in Lennoxville, QC on Friday, April 25th 2008 at the age of 79 years. Dorothy Calwell Massy Hewson, was the beloved daughter of the late Lindsay Hewson and the late Jane Calwell. Dorothy is survived by nephews: Alan, Lindsay and Ian Hewson and their mother Mrs. E.M. Hewson Resting at St. Marks Chapel Bishops University on Saturday May 3rd ,2008 from 2:30 to 3 pm, followed by the funeral service at 3 pm with the Venerable Heather Thomson officiting. Interment In the Malvern Cemetery. Arrangements entrusted to the Cass Funeral Home 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville) 819-564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca
- Suddenly at the CHUS Fleurimont Hospital, Sherbrooke, QC, on Tuesday March 11th, 2008 at the age of 63 . Joseph Hobbs beloved son of the late Joseph Frederick Hobbs and the late Hilda Goodwin. Joe was the father of Luc , Christine (René Tessier), Joey, Lisa, Natasha ( Ghyslain Dubé) and grandfather of 8 grandchildren. He leaves to mourn his brothers and his sister David, Danny (Sherry) and Linda and was predeceased by his sister Sheryl and he also leaves to mourn his uncle Jack (Freda) other relatives and dear friends Theade and Donna Hodge. A graveside service wil be held at the Johnville Cemetery at a Later date with the Rev. Barbara Willard offficiating. Arrangements entrusted to the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St., Sherbrooke, QC, 819-564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca.
- Passed away at the CHUS Fleurimont in Sherbrooke, on Friday January 18th, 2008, in his 77th year. Beloved husband of 52 years to Vera Larivière, and father of Patricia (Michael), Diane (Greg), Wendall, Wayne (Adele), Glenn (Christine), Lisa (Mario), and Tara (Eric). Grandfather of Stephen, Jeremy, Sabrina, Megan, Laura, Azalea, Mathieu, Emily, Tyler, Gabrielle, Belicia, Melissa, Ryan, and Charissa. Brother of Aleta (the late Allan Lowden), Brother-in-law of the late Everett and Rose Larivière, Grace Taylor (the late Orvis Taylor), and Irwin and Jacky Larivière. Roy also leaves to mourn many nieces, nephews and friends. The family will receive condolences at St-Andrews Presbyterian Church in Melbourne, on Thursday January 24th from 1 to 2 PM, followed by the funeral service at 2:00PM, with the Rev. John Barry Forsyth officiating. Interment will take place in the Ulverton United Church Cemetery. At Roy’s request, please do not . Donations may be sent to St-Andrews Presbyterian Church, 1169 Rte 243, Melbourne, QC J0B 2B0. Arrangements entrusted to Cass Funeral Homes, Richmond. (819)826-2502 \ www.casshomes.ca
- Billy died in North Hatley after a short illness. She lived a long and interesting life. She was born in Victoria, became a nurse in Vancouver and served with the RAMC in italy during WWII. Billy met her husband, Roger LeBaron, in Holland and they married in England shortly after the war. She lived in North Hatley for the rest of her life. Billy lived a busy life filled with many loves: her five children and five grandchildren, her sister and brother, garage sales, auctions, travel, reading, braiding rugs, making marmalade and working in the fruit and vegetable departement at Josephine's store, retiring reluctantly but proudly at 93. For many years, Billy organized and ran a summer art show to support the N H Library, helped with the Piggery house tour and was always an enthusiastic (and sharp-eyed ) worker at the Village Improvement Society rummage sale. Billy is survived by her children, Deborah, Hugh, Josephine, Naisi and Brant and her grandchildren, Alexander, Sarah, Jonathan, Elliott and Griffin. We will all miss her terribly. At her request, there will be no funeral. In remembrance, donations may be made to the Old Brewery Mission, 383 St-Jacques, MTL, QC, H2Y 1N9, the N H Library, 165, Main St., North Hatley, QC, J0B 2C0 or a charity of your choice. Arrangement Entrusted to the Cass Funeral Home, 3006, College St, Sherbrooke, QC, 819-564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca.
- Hayes, Eileen Weare Babineau Passed away peacefully after a long battle surrounded by her family on December 7, 2008 at the CHUS Fleurimont Hospital, Sherbrooke, QC. Eileen Hayes beloved wife of Paul-Emile Babineau and the late Stanley Weare, dear mother of Milton (Carmen Samson), Jocelyne (Claude Lefebvre), William (Céline Arsenault), Sidney (Diane Lafrance) and Shirley (Rejean Moreau). Eileen also leaves to mourn many grandchildren, two great-granddaughters, her brother Merlin Hayes (Louise Boisvert), her stepmother Rita Hayes, her half-sister Dyna and half-brother Steven Hayes, her sister-in-law Doris Weare and Monique Babineau and two brother-in-laws Lloyd McCourt and Fred Batchelor. She also leaves to mourn Paul-Emile's children and grandchildren. There will be visitation on Friday, December 12th, 2008 from 1 to 2 pm followed by the funeral service at 2 pm in the Holy Trinity Church of Kirkdale with the Rev Andrew O'Donnell officiating assisted with Rev Reginald Jennings. Interment in the Kirkdale Cemetery. As memorial tributes, donations to the Quebec Lung Association 800 Boul de Maisoneuve East, office 800, Montreal, QC H2L 9Z9 or to the Holy Trinity Church Fund, C/O Jocelyne Lefebvre 116, Rte 143, Ulverton, QC. J0B 2B0 would greatly be appreciated by the family. Entrusted to the Cass Funeral Home 819-564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca
- Heath, Leslie Leslie James Heath died at home on November 28th, 2008 in Hatley, Quebec in his 97th year. He was born in East Angus and lived most of his life in his beloved Townships. Veteran of the Second World War. Predeceased by his cherished wife Doris Guild. Survived by his loving step-children Sandra McDannold, Carolyn Kezar and Winslow Sampson (Diane) and 10 devoted grand-children and 20 great-grandchildren, his niece Sharon (Bill), his nephews Brian (Patricia), Forrest, (Elizabeth), Dale Heath and his sister-in-law Marguerite Heath. No visitation and the funeral service will be held on Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008 at 2:00 p.m. at the St. James Anglican Church in Hatley. Refreshments will be served afterwards in the adjacent hall. Les will be greatly missed and fondly remembered by family and friends. Arrangements entrusted to Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St., Sherbrooke, QC, 819-564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca.
- 1919 - 2008 Passed away peacefully at the Grace Christian Home on Tuesday, November 4, 2008 at the age of 89 years. Beloved wife of the late Gordon Hatch and cherished mother of David (Tina), Rodney (Darlene), Linda (Francisco), Ernest (Kathy), Kathryn (Almon) and Sharon (Roy). Survived by her sister Winnie and sister-in-law Ann. Predeceased by her parents Henry and Alice Lamey, brothers Leonard and Jack, sisters Dais, Dick, Doll and May. Grandmother to Marlene (Alain), Tony, Justin, Melissa (Ed), Penny (Francois), Frankie, Andrew, Richard, Sandra (Gary), Laurie (Mike), Robert, Jennifer (Bradley), Steven (Crystal), and Megan. Great grandmother to Kim, Alex, Allison, Jake, Heather and Madison. Edna will also be missed by many nieces, nephews and friends. The family also expresses special thanks to Doreen, Barbara and the staff of the Grace Christian Home for their care and compassion for Edna and her family. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville) QC. 819-564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca , where friends may visit on Thursday November 6th from 7 to 9 PM and on Friday November 7th, 2008 from 10 to 11 AM. A funeral service will be held in the funeral home, on Friday November 7th at 11:00 AM with Rev. Canon Ronald West officiating. Interment in the Elmwood Cemetery. Donations to the Dr. W.J. Klinck Foundation, c/o the Massawippi Christian Retirement Homes, 1501 Campbell St., Sherbrooke, QC. J1M 0C1 or to the charity of your choice would be appreciated.
- Suddenly, after a brief illness, at the C.H.U.S. Hotel Dieu on Thursday October 30, 2008 at the age of 80 years. May Margaret Falle beloved wife of the late Malcolm Herbert Hodge and dear mother of Carol (Jacques Morency), Brenda (Dareth Fowler), Milton (Valerie Nutbrown), Doris (Gary McBurney) Kathy (Ernest Hatch), Mark (Joyce Ord) and Murray (Cathy Alden). May is the cherished Grammie of 13, Sean (Lindsay) Robert (Jan), Joshua (Sarah), Jacob, Matthew (Em), Michael, Emily, Nicholas, Tyler, Andrew, Richard, Mitchell and Shelby and Great- Grammie of Malcolm and William Morency. May is also survived by her sisters, Anne and Pearl and her brother Carl, and was predeceased by her sister Alice, her brothers Clarence , Earl and Charlie, her brothers and sister- in -laws Raymond (Edythe), Alethea (Dave Taylor), Gordon (Brenda), Lawrence (Carol), Gwen (Ted Fleming) and was predeceased by Graydon (Laurel) and the late David. May will also be sadly missed by her many nieces, nephews and many friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville) 819-564-1780 / www.casshomes.ca where friends may call on Tuesday November 4, 2008 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 PM. The funeral service will be held on Wednesday November 5, 2008 at 2 pm at the Lennoxville United Church, Rev Jim Potter officiating. Interment in the Malvern Cemetery. As memorial tributes, donations to the Canadian Cancer Society 3330 King St. Bureau 130 Sherbrooke, QC. J1L 1C9 or the Children's Wish Foundation, (Music Fest) Quebec West Chapter, 4200, boul. St.-Laurent, Suite 418 Montreal, QC. H2W 2R2 or the charity of your choice will be gratefully acknowledged by the family.
- A memorial service for Dotte, who passed away peacefully at La Maison Aube Lumière on July 8, 2008, will be held at Lennoxville United Church , 6 Church Street, Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), on Monday, August 4, 2008, at 11a.m. Visitation at the church from 10 a.m. until time of service. Funeral arrangements entrusted to Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College Street, Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), QC, 819-564-1750 / wwwcasshomes.ca. In lieu of flowers, please consider a donation to La Maison Aube Lumière, 220 rue Kennedy Nord, Sherbrooke, Quebec, J1E 2E7