Searching this page will only find
what you can see on the page.
To search inside all obituaries,
first they must all be visiable.
This can be easily done by
clicking on the small gray square
just below the ABC in the upper
right corner of the page.
NEKG of Vermont does not own copyright to the information on this page.
Each obituary on this page belongs to the originator.
Obituaries are created by the deceased or relatives of the deceased
with the help of funeral homes and are published with the intent of
informing the public of its content.
NEKG (NorthEast Kingdom Genealogy)
of Vermont does own this particular collection, transcription and the
presentation of these materials.
You will need to log in as either Member
or as Guest
in order to view obituaries.
Go back to the Obituaries Index page
to get the guest login information.
- Peacefully, in her 87th year, at the St. Vincent de Paul Pavillion in Sherbrooke, Willda Lilllian Cutler Baldwin, of Lennoxville. Willda joined the Lord Jesus Christ in heaven on Sunday morning, July 27, 2008, after being ill for several weeks following her third stroke. Born on April 8, 1922, she was the wife of the late Stanley Baldwin , beloved mother of David (Mary Burr), grandmother to Nancy and Steven Baldwin, and also to Michael and Mitchell Bedard. Predeceased by her sister, Hazel Cutler, and her brother Morris Cutler. She will be missed by her family and her friends, especially those from Green Ridge Baptist Church in Lennoxville. Visitation will take place on Tuesday July 29, 2008 from 2-4 pm and 7-9 pm and on Wednesday July 30, 2008 from 12:30 to 1 pm at the Green Ridge Baptist Church, 47 Queen Street Sherbrooke (Lennoxville) . A service in celebration of Willda's life will take place on Wednesday July 30,2008 at 1 pm also at the Green Ridge Baptist Church. Interment at the Mount Forest Cemetery Coaticook. Entrusted to Cass Funeral Home, 819-564-1750. The family wished to thank Lorna Gordon and her staff for the fine care Willda received there over the past few years. Thanks also goes to the staff of the CHUS Hotel Dieu and St. Vincent. Donations will be gratefully acknowleged by the family, in memory of Willda Lillian Cutler Baldwin and may be made to Green Ridge Baptist Church, 47 Queen St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), QC. J1M1J2
- Passed away suddenly at his home in Stanstead on Saturday, June 7, 2008, at the age of 89. Beloved husband of the late Geraldine Smith and the late Irene Heath. Cherished father of Allan (Judy), and Gary (Bernice), loving grandfather of: Joseph (Fannie), Darcie, (Alan) Jaime , Derek(Audrey), and Brandon( Kayla). Hector will also be sadly missed by his great-grandchildren: Zachary, Cody, Alexander and Brayden , along with his sister Gladys (Clarence), Julia Callaway, many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. Resting at the Cass, 545 Dufferin, Stanstead, Qc. 819-876-5213 on Tuesday, June 10, 2008, where friends may visit from 2:00 to 4:00 and 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.. A funeral service will be held in the chapel on Wednesday, June11, 2008, with Reverend Barbara Wintle and Reverend Robert Cargill officiating, followed by interment in the Crystal lake Cemetery. As a tribute to his memory, donations made to the Heart and Stroke Foundation, King St. West, bureau 100, Sherbrooke, Qc,. J1J 2H1 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away at the CHUS Hotel-Dieu, Sherbrooke, QC, on Wednesday May 28, 2008 at the age of 90 years. Alberta Chilvers McGee, daughter of the late Edward Chilvers and of the late Lizzie Jackson. Devoted and loving mother of the late Robert. Pre-deceased by her sister Edith (Jones), brothers Clifford and Earl, and her sister Hazel (Heatherington). Alberta also leaves to mourn, her nephew Guy Chilvers of Drummondville, niece Joan Chilvers (Rick Sharp) of Ottawa, and Ted Chilvers (Phyllis) of Ottawa. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St., Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), QC, 819-564-1750, where friends may visit on Monday June 2, 2008 from 7 to 9 pm and on Tuesday June 3 from 1 to 2 pm. A funeral service will be held in the funeral home on Tuesday June 3rd at 2 pm, with the Rev. Canon Ronald West officiating. Interment will take place in St-Peters Cemetery, Sherbrooke, QC. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Heart and Stroke Foundation will be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully at the C.S.S.S. Memphremagog on Saturday, March 8, 2008, in her 86th year. Beloved wife of the late William and cherished mother of Guy (Phylis). Loving grandmother of: Jeffrey (Rebecca), and Jodie (Jeff.). Evelyn will also be sadly missed by her great-grandchildren: Jacqui and Jamie Rellinger, Frank and Kelly (David), great-great-grandchildren: Frankie Jr., Myriah and Mickenna ; along with many members of the Charleau family, nieces, nephews, other relatives and many friends. There will be visitation at the Cass Funeral Home, 545 Dufferin Stanstead 819-876-5213 /www.casshomes.ca on Wednesday, March 12 where friends may visit from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. and on Thursday, March 13, from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m., followed by the service in the funeral home with Rev. Catherine Smith officiating. Interment will take place in the spring.
- Peacefully at the Hotel-Dieu Hospital, Sherbrooke, QC on Friday, March 7th 2008 at the age of 81. George David Court was born in Chelmsford, England and is survived by some relatives in England. He was formerly of Cookshire and was a longtime resident of the Grandview Manor in Bury. George was a member of the Royal Canadian Air Force for 13 years. There will be a Legion service and poppy drop at 2:00PM at the church. Veterans are asked to please attend. Resting at St-Paul's Anglican Church, Bury, QC, where friends may visit on Wednesday, March 12th 2008 from 1 to 2PM, followed by the funeral service at 2:00PM with the Rev. Sister Mary Florence Liew officiating assisted by the Rev. Canon Ron West. Interment in the Cookshire Protestant Cemetery at a later date. As memorial tributes, donations to the charity of your choice will be gratefully acknowledged. Arrangements entrusted to the Cass Funeral Home, 554 Main St. Bury, QC Tel: (819) 564-1750.
- Passed away peacefully at the C.H.U.S. Hotel Dieu on Monday, March 3, 2008, in her 86th year. Mary leaves to mourn her niece Phyllis Lothrop (Harvey), grand-nephews Brian Curtis and Scott, and her grand–niece Marsha Lothrop. Mary will also be sadly missed by her dear friend Betty Ann Colt along with many other friends. There will be visitation in the presence of the ashes at the Cass Funeral Home, 545 Dufferin, Stanstead 819-876-5213 where friends may visit on Thrusday, March , 2008 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. and Friday from 1:00 until 2:00 p.m. followed by the service in the chapel with Reverend Catherine Smith officiating. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Frontier Animal Society, 1 Bigelow, Stanstead, Qc. JOB 3E5 would be greatly appreciated.
- Passed away peacefully at home with her family by her side on Saturday, March 1st 2008, Claudia Cunnington at the age of 74, daughter of the late Henry Claude Cunnington and late Sarah Lillian Howe, was predeceased by her 1st husband Curtis Chute, beloved wife of John Dawson and dear mother of the late Robert Chute, Kathleen (Kathy) Chute (Brian Ord), Beverly Chute (Jean Fortin), Howard Chute (Shirley Garner) and Tammy Chute (Robert Smith), step-mom to Mike Dawson (Rhoda) and the late Danny Dawson (Betty-Lou). Grandmother of Terri and Tony Ord, Matthew and Aimée Fortin and Ashley and Taylor Smith, step-grandmom of John Garner, Krista and Jonathan Dawson and Mikayla Dawson, Great-grandmother of Danika-lee Judge. Claudia was the sister of the late Gerald, late Geraldine, late Wiliam (Doris), late Lillian (Bea) (late Roy McIntyre), Durwood (Dud) (Florence), Elwood (Ellie) (late Rita) and Benjamin (Ben) (May). Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 15 Station St. Sawyerville, QC, Tel: (819) 564-1750, where friends may visit on Tuesday, March4th 2008 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9PM and on Wednesday, March 5th from 1 to 2PM, followed by the funeral service at 2:00PM with the Rev. Barbara Willard officiating. Interment in the Eaton Cemetery. As memorial tributes, donations to the Canadian Cancer Society, Eastern Township, 3330 King St. West, Sherbrooke, QC office #130, J1L 1C9 or to the CLSC, Palliative Care Haut-St-François of Cookshire or to the charity of your choice, would be gratefully acknowledged by the family.
- Born March 23, 1930 in Beaupré, Qc. Spent his life in Montreal and the Eastern Townships. Passed away peacefully on January 31, 2008 at seventy-seven years of age. Sadly missed by his loving companion of many years Jennifer Brown, as well as his daughters, Kelley (Rick), Tracy (Francis), Erin, and Tara (Kevin), and his cherished granddaughter Emily Bell. Also survived and dearly missed by his brothers Herman and Raymond Cosgrove and Mary Cosgrove. The family wishes to thank his caregivers Kimberly Crook and Lise Charbonneau and the staff at the CLSC Memphrémagog and Centre Hospitalier de Magog for their support and care over the years. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 900 Clough Street Ayer's Cliff 819-876-5213/www.casshomes.ca on Wednesday February 6, from 7:00-9:00 p.m and on Thursday February 7, from 2:00 p.m. where friends may visit. Service to follow at 3:00 p.m in St Barthelemy church Ayer’s Cliff. In keeping with the family's wishes, in lieu of flowers, contributions may be directed to The Lake Massawippi Water Protection Association Inc. C.P./ Box 2703 North Hatley QC, J0B 2C0 or the Centre du Jour Magog, c/a Fondation du CSSS Memphrémagog, 50 St-Patrice Est, Magog, QC, J1X 3X3.
- Miss Marguerite Russell Edwina Cotton passed away peacefully at the Connaught Homes in North Hatley in the afternoon of 31 Dec 2008. She was born 17 Feb 1918, the youngest daughter of Wilhelmina H. Reutlinger Jewell (Mini) and Edwin Cotton. She lived at the Cotton family home on Elm St. in Sherbrooke, most of her life. Having sold the family home in 2002 due to her health, she moved to the London Residence on London St. Last May she moved to the Connaught Homes where she was cared for until her death. She is predeceased by her brother Charles E.T. Cotton (Lillian) of Hawkesbury ON, Harold Meredith Cotton (Margaret Paterson and Hilda McFayden) of Fort Francis ON and by 5 sisters; Violet Victoria Munday (Alfred), Rose Caroline Knight (Percy) of Brocton NY, Lily Elizabeth Millier (Albert) of Auburn ME, Pansy Estella Georgina Cotton, and Nellie May Spencer (Roland) of Georgetown ON. She is survived and mourned by many nephews and nieces across Canada and the USA. Marguerite was a member of St Peter Anglican Church in Sherbrooke and proudly associated with the I.O.D.E. and Beta Sigma Phi for may decades. The family would like to thank the staff of the London Residence for providing quality of life in her last years. As her health deteriorated, the Connaught Homes gave her needed love and full care attention in her last days. A memorial service and internment at the Sherbrooke St Peters cemetery will be announced at a later date.
- Cragg, Robert At the CHUS Hotel-Dieu on December 25, 2008 at the age of 57 year. Robert Cragg, beloved husband of Cécile Perron, son of the late Ernest Cragg and the late Hilda Hall of sawyerville. Robert leave to mourn his loving childrens Christine (Dany Bendo) and Erik (Émilie Lagueux). His adorable grandson Louis-Félix Bendo. He also leave to mourn his brothers and sisters Lawrence (Norma), Ernest Jr. (Lucille), Bernard (Dominique), Sylvia, Sydney (Suzanne), Bryan (Lucie), Richard (Diane) and Linda (Roméo). His brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law Raymond, Denis, Denise (Serge), Gilles(Sylvie), Hélène (Gervais), Angèle (Yvan), Pauline (Roger), Bernadette, Patrice (Diane), Thérèse, Louisette (Gaston), uncles, aunts, cousins, nieces, nephews and many friends. Resting at the basement of the catholic Church in Sawyerville onTuesday December 30, 2008 from 2 to 4 pm and 7 to 10 pm, on Wednesday December 31, 2008 from 9 to 10:45 am followed by the Funeral service at 11am at the catholic Church of Sawyerville. The family would like to thank the staff of the CHUS Hotel-Dieu-palliative care for the loving care given . In memorial tribute donation to the CHUS Foundation -Palliative Care. Arrangement entrusted to the Cass Funeral, 3006 College, 15 Station, Sawyerville, QC, 819-564-1750.
- Peacefully at the CHUS Fleurimont on Monday December 22, 2008 at the age of 73 years. Cederic Armand Cormier beloved friend of Jean Hartley and son of the late Armand Cormier and the late Emeline Louise Danforth. Loving father of Judy Ann (Simon Preston), Wayne (Trisha), Howard (Bonnie) and cherished grandfather of Kier, Maya, Asher Preston, Trista and Preston Cormier. Cederic is survived by his brothers Jerry, Clifford, Dennis, Dwight, Donald, Brian and Murray and his sisters Darlene, Brenda, Caroline and was predeceased by Pauline, Osailene and Alfred. Cederic also leaves to mourn the mother of his children Ruth Picken Cormier. He is also survived by many nieces, nephews and many friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St., Sherbrooke (Lennoxville) 819-564-1750 where friends may call on Monday December 29, 2008 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 PM. The funeral service will be held at the Lennoxville United Church on Tuesday December 30, 2008 at 2 PM with Rev Jim Potter officiating. Interment in the Greenwood Cemetery Waterville. As memorial tributes, donations to the A.N.A.F., unit 318, P.O. Box 355, Station Lennoxville, Sherbrooke, QC. J1M 1Z5 will be gratefully acknowledged by the family.
- Passed away at the CHUS-Hopital Fleurimont on September 21, 2008 at the age of 79. Beloved wife of the late Charles Charpentier. Dear mother of Lise (Gaétan Leclerc), Alain (Anne-Marie Labranche), Jocelyne (François Beaulieu), Hugues, Mario (Clémence Salois) , Marie-Josée (Scott Bell), Claude (Nicole Boutin), Marcel (Nathalie Delage). Her grandchildren: Jérome, Olivier, Laurence, Vincent, Véronique, Maude, Mathieu, Dominic, Julia, Nathan, Jessica, Charles, Nick et Sophie. Her great-grandchild Justin. Mrs Charpentier also leaves to mourn her brothers, sisters, brother-in-laws and sisters-in-laws: Jeannine Désautels (feu Hervé), Marcel Désautels (Nicole), Jean-Luc Désautels (Bernice), Hubert Charpentier (Maryline), feu Jacquelin Charpentier (Louisette ), Léo Charpentier (Gisèle), Lucille Charpentier (Bud) , Étiennette Charpentier, Huguette Charpentier and many other relatives and friends. Resting in the St. Rosaire church hall, Sawyerville, Quebec where friends and family may visit on Thursday September 25th 2008 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 10 pm and again on Friday fro 9 to 10:45 am. A funeral service will be held in the St.Rosaire Catholique Church in Sawyerville, on Friday September 26th 2008 at 11:00 am. Interment of ashes at a later date. Funeral arrangements entrusted to the Cass Funeral Homes, Sherbrooke, QC Tel: 819-564-1750. Donations to the Asthma Society of Canada 4950 Younge Street, Suite 2306 Toronto, ON M2N 6K1 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away suddenly at the C.S.S.S. Memphremagog on Saturday, September 13, 2008, at the age of 82. Beloved wife of Omer Duquette and cherished mother of the late Pierre (Laura), Suzanne (Bob), Jean and Robert (France). Loving grandmother of :Melissa, Jessica, Justin, Gaby, Ariane, Zachary and Alexandre; dear great-grandmother of Eva. Doreine will also be sadly missed by her brothers Berchman (Ti-Boy) and his wife Lola, Réal (Aline), along with her sister Rheola ( the late Sandy) many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. She was predeceased by her brother Raymond. There was visitation at Ste. Thérése de l’Enfant Church on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 from 10:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. followed by the funeral service. Interment took place in Mont Ste. Marie cemetery. As a tribute to her memory, donations made to the Heart and Stroke Foundation, 2630 King Ouest, sherbrooke, Qc. J1J 2H1 or the Quebec Lung Association, 855 Sainte-Catherine St. East, suite 222, Montreal, Qc. H2L 4N4 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully at the C.H.U.S. Hotel Dieu, on Thursday, August 14, 2008. Beloved daughter of the late Joseph Carrier and the late Emilia Robert. She leaves to mourn her children Guy, late Léo (Claire Beaudoin), Fernand, Claude (Nicole Gaulin), Michel (Carole), Nicole (Rock Desruisseau), and Suzanne. . She also leaves to mourn her grand children and great grand children and also her brothers and sisters Marie Jeanne, Gérard, Raymond (Norma Elliott), late Henri (Jacqueline Deloge), late Henrietta, late Marcel (Patricia Brousseau) , late Rosanna, late Rose-Aimée, late Lucienne , late Marie-Ange, late Anita and Juliette. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home 50 Craig St. Cookshire , QC. 819-564-1750 where friends may call on Monday August 18, 2008 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 pm and on Tueday August 19, 2008 from 1 to 1:45 pm followed by the funeral service at 2 pm in the St-Camille Church of Cookshire. Interment at the St-Camille Cemetery Cookshire. The family would like to thank the C.H.U.S. for the wonderful care given to Antoinette.
- Peacefully at the Foyer St.Joseph on Monday August 11, 2008 at the age of 74 years following a courageous battle with alzheimer's. Gordon Carroll Crawford beloved husband of Ann Hand and dear father of Margaret (John Boland) and the late David and cherished grampie of Megan, Lindsay and Griffin. Gordon is also survived by his sister Phyllis (Karl Burczyk). Resting at the Cass Funeral Home 3006 College St, Sherbrooke (Lennoxville) , 819-564-1750 where friends may call on Thursday August 14, 2008 from 7 - 9 pm and on Friday August 15, 2008 from 10 - 11 am followd by the funeral service at 11 am. Rev James Potter officiating. Interment in the Elmwood Cemetery. As memorial tributes, donations to the Alzheimer's Ward at the Foyer St. Joseph , 611 Queen Blvd North Sherbrooke, QC. J1H 3R6 will be gratefully acknowledged by the family.
- Passed away peacefully on Tuesday, January 1st 2008, at the Wales Home, Richmond, QC. Mr Auke Devries at the age of 81. Loving husband of the late Elizabeth Dupon and of Thera Ball. Dear father of John (Linda Ward), Jitske, Marion, Elizabeth (Dan Hodges) and James (Erika) and stepfather of James, John (Diane Buzzell), Heather (Leonard Doyle), Harold (Lisa Doyle) and Debbie (Gerry St-Laurent). Dear grandfather of Jessica, Teresa, Anthony, Andrew, Ryan, Sean, Chloe, Katya, Sierra, Gabrielle, Britany, Ben, Karina and Tracy. Auke also leaves to mourn his brothers and sisters John (Thelma), Johannes (Griete), Janke, Hinke (Eep), Klaas (Hinke), Willem (Annie), Martha (Nico), Aise (Wietske), Tjitske (Auke) as well as many friends in both Holland and Canada. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principale St. S. Richmond, QC, Tel: (819) 826-2502 / www.casshomes.ca, where friends may visit on Friday, January 4th 2007 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9PM. A funeral service will be held on Saturday, January 5th at 2:00PM in St-Andrew's Presbyterian Church, Melbourne, QC, with the Rev. John Barry Forsyth officiating. Interment in St-Andrew's Cemetery. As memorial tributes, donations to the St-Andrew's Church, would greatly be appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully at the C.H.U.S. Fleurimont on Thursday, November 20, 2008, at the age of 37 years. Beloved husband of Julie Richer and cherished father of Marie-Pier, Sabrina and Marc. Loving son of François Demers and Eva Giroux. Dear brother of : Luc (Johanne Fréchette), Jacques (Margerie Légaré) Francis Côté (Isabelle Lefebvre) who he loved as a little brother, and his adopted sister France (Serge Beauvais). Pierre will also be sadly missed by his grandfather Hermann Demers, his mother and father-in-law Rolande and Yvon Richer, his brothers and sisters-in- law: Stéphane,(Julie-Anne Lussier), Caroline (Carlos Dion), Véronique (Dany Guillemette) and Marie-Claude (Yan Mongrain); along with his aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews, other relatives and numerous friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 545 Dufferin, Stanstead 819-876-5213/www.casshomes.ca on Friday, November 28, 2008, where friends may visit from 2:00 to 4:00 and 7:00 to 10:00 p.m.. Also on Saturday from 9:00 a.m. until departure for the Sacred Heart church at 10:50 a.m. followed by interment in the Saint-Martin Cemetery in Martinville, Qc. The family wishes to thank Dr. Richard Leblanc and the staff of the 7th floor at the C.H.U.S. for the wonderful care given to Pierre. Also, to Dr. Carl Bromwich for guiding him down the new road.
- Passed away at the C.H.U.S. Fleurimont on Sunday, October 26, 2008, at the age of 75. Beloved husband of Betty Lou Flanders and cherished father of: Alexander the Third (Nicole), Gordon (Laura) and James (Jean); loving grandfather of Robert and Bradley. Dougy will also be sadly missed by his sisters: Doris, Mary (Rolfe) and Sheila (Robert), along with his nieces, nephews, other relatives and many friends. Honoring his wishes, there will be no visitation or service. As a tribute to his memory, donations made to the Apple Grove Cemetery Association, 9025 Cedarville Rd., Ogden, Qc. JOB 3E3 or a charity of your choice would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away on Tuesday June 10th, 2008 in Asbestos , QC, following a battle with cancer, Mrs Norma Day at the age of 77, Beloved wife of 53 years to Allan , and loving mother of Barbara (Stephen Clayton) of Penetanguishene, ON. Special grandmother of Lindsay, Allison and Michael Clayton . A celebration of Norma's life will be held at the Danville-Asbestos Trinity United Church , Danville, on Monday June 16 th at 2 PM with the Rev. Reginald Jennings officiating . Please note; the family will be at the church 1hour prior to the service to receive condolences. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to The Norma Day Fund through the WENDAT Community Psychiatric Support Programs, 237 2nd St., Midland, ON or to the charity of your choice . Arrangements entrusted to the Cass Funeral Homes 819)826-2572 / www.casshomes.ca
- Retired employee of Lasco Steel of 35 years, passed away suddenly on Wednesday May 21st., 2008 in his 60th year. Loving husband and best friend of Bonnie (nee Welling), devoted father of Donald Drouin, and Michelle Ballach (Charlie). Beloved Poppy of Braxtyn and Aryss. Dear son of Hazel Drouin and the late Eugene. Brother of Bert Drouin and his wife Maureen. Sadly missed by all relatives and friends. Interment took place on Saturday May 24th, 2008 in the Groveside Cemetery in Whitby, Ontario. Memorial donations to the Heart and Stroke Foundation would be appreciated.
- Peacefully at her home, Sherbrooke, QC, surrounded by her family on Wednesday, April 2nd 2008, in her 100th year. Anna Coletta Dundin, beloved wife of the late Colin Sydney Macleod and dear mother of Margaret (Bruce Bennett) and cherished grandmother of Cheryl (Tony Coulombe) and Kevin (Melanie Noble) and dearest great-grandmother of Ashley, Kaila, Cole and Logan. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke, QC (Lennoxville); Tel: (819) 564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca, where friends may call on Friday, April 4th 2008 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9PM and on Saturday April 5th from 10 to 10:45AM followed by a mass of Christian Burial at St-Anthony's Church, Sherbrooke (Lennoxville) with Father Charles Eugene Hamel officiating. Interment in the St-Anthony's Cemetery. As memorial tributes, donations to the Canadian Cancer Society, 3330 King St. West, office #130, Sherbrooke, QC J1L 1C9 would be appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully at the Foyer Richmond on Monday February 11th, 2008, Margaret Douillard at the age of 63. Loving companion of Marcel Ducharme, and mother of Joann, Richard (Andrea Blouin) and Rodney Cookman. Grandmother of Valerie, Shaun, Amanda and Leeanne. Margaret also leaves to mourn, her brother and sisters, many nieces, nephews and friends. Cremation was entrusted to the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principale S., Richmond. 819-826-2502 \ www.casshomes.ca
- Passed away peacefully at the CHUS Fleurimont in Sherbrooke Quebec, on Monday February 11th, 2008 in her 95th year. Daughter of the late George A. Jewel and the late Mary L. Armstrong. Beloved wife of the late Rev. J. Leslie Dean and dear mother of Morna (late Walter Storozenko), Edmonton Alberta, Joyce (William Stevens), Richmond Quebec, and predeceased by her son Morley Dean. Grandmother of Bonnie (late Leonard Koebernick), Brian Storozenko, Sharon Storozenko, Carol (Scott Bowes), and Maureen (Wade Garnier) all of Edmonton Alberta, David (Suzanne Towsey) and Andrew Stevens of Richmond Quebec, Laurie (John Murphy), Orillia Ontario, Steven Dean McLaren (Nancy Morassut), Ottawa Ontario, Stephanie (Danny Striker) of Belleville Ontario. Beloved great-grandmother of Christopher, Ryan, Aaron, Allison, Zackery, Edmonton Alberta, Jessica and Jason, Richmond Quebec, Juliana and Martin, Ottawa Ontario, Julia, Lauren and Alicia of Orillia Ontario, and Jessica and Payton of Belleville Ontario. Ethel also leaves to mourn her sister Ruth (the late Alex Ashton), Montreal Quebec , her daughter-in-law Beverley (John McLaren) of Belleville Ontario, along with many other nieces, nephews, relatives and friends. Resting at the Cass funeral Home 295 Principale S., Richmond (819)826-2502 / www.casshomes.ca where friends may visit on Thursday February 14th from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 PM and on Friday from 1 to 1:50 PM. A celebration of Ethel’s life will be held in the Richmond Melbourne United Church on Friday February 15th at 2:00 PM with Rev. Valerie Kennedy officiating. Interment in Iroquois Ontario will take place at a later date. Donations to the Wales Home Foundation, 506 Rte 243N, Richmond, QC J0B 2H0, or the Richmond Melbourne United Church, 247 Principale S., Richmond, QC J0B 2H0, would be gratefully acknowledged by the family.
- Passed away at the C.S.S.S. Memphremagog after a lengthy illness on Thursday, January 10, 2008, at the age of 86. Beloved husband of Doris Vaillancourt and cherished father of: Larry (Andree), Roger (Sandy), Michael (Brenda) and Steven (Joanne); Charles will also be sadly missed by his eight grandchildren and one great-granddaughter, his brothers and sisters- in-law: Yvette (John), Jeannine (Raymond) and Claude (Annette); along with many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. He was predeceased by his brothers and sisters Doris, Helene, Jimmy, and Bruce as well as his brother-in-law Roland (the late Marie Paule). There will be visitation in the presence of the ashes at the Cass Funeral Home, 545 Dufferin, Stanstead 819-876-5213/www.casshomes on Thursday, January 17, 2008 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. with a Legion service at 7:30. The funeral will be held in the Sacred Heart Church on Friday at 2:00 p.m. with Father Yvon Malouin officiating. As memorial tributes, donations to the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 5, 15 Maple, Stanstead, Qc. JOB 3E0 or the C.A.B. Rediker Center, 112 Principale, Stanstead, Qc, JOB 3E5 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- With sadness we announce the passing of our cherished sister at Le Domaine de la Sapinière, East Angus, QC on Saturday, April 5th 2008 at the age of 57. Daughter of the late George Ells and the late R. Elizabeth Beard. Beloved sister of Karen (E. Hube Start), Rosemary (Ray Walker), Nancy (Robert Bedard), Marilyn and Doris (Darcy Eryou). Sister-in-law of Osborne Lowe. Aunt of John and the late Melissa Lowe, René and Brianne Bedard, Philip (Lisa) and Sabrina-Kate Eryou. Great aunt to Chanelle and Lacey Eryou. The family would like to extend a special thank you to Muriel Lace and family and to the staff de La Sapinière for the oustanding and compassionate care Barbara received. A service with interment of ashes at the Grace United Cemetery, Bury, QC will be held at a later date. Arrangements entrusted to the Cass Funeral Home, 554 Main St, Bury, QC, Tel: (819) 564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca